InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of Dementia ❯ Pregnancy ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tales of Dementia
 
Pregnancy
 
Miroku looked frantic. In Kagome's humbled opinion, that meant he had pissed off Sango. So, she couldn't resist traipsing into the girl's sleeping area to find out exactly what was wrong.
 
“Sango!” he called, hopping over her weapon. “You know it's just old habits! They say those are hard to break!”
 
The demon slayer said nothing as she plopped down into her bed and pulled the covers over her, turning her back to him.
 
“Please, Sango,” he murmured sweetly with the voice he tried to be smooth with. Kagome smirked, her presence unnoticed. “It was a moment of weakness. When you are out of sight, I must find some way to drown out my need to have you at my side.”
 
Wrong thing to say, Kagome thought, slinking over to her own bed. And it was, as proven when Sango sat straight up, turned to face him right in the eye, and said very simply:
 
“Miroku, I'm pregnant.”
 
Then she fell back into bed, leaving both Miroku and Kagome in shock. The monk looked absolutely pale as he stood up and backed away, clearly confused and frightened.
 
“A-Alright then,” he said loudly, eyes not really focused, and he didn't really watch where he was going as he slammed against the wall. “I-I'll just let you sleep.”
 
Kagome puttered over to her friend, poking her sleeping form. Sango sat up, grinning wide.
 
“Sango, what—“
 
“Oh, don't worry,” she couldn't hold in a peal of laughter, and muffled it with her blanket. “I'm not really pregnant.”
 
“Then why—“
 
“He hasn't even kissed me yet. I wanted to see how he felt when I go off with other men.”
 
Kagome didn't hide her own grin. “When are you going to tell him?”
 
“Oh, I don't know.” Sango yawned, leaning back into her pillow, closing her eyes. “I think I'll let him sweat it out a while. I'll tell him in the morning.”