InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of Dementia ❯ Shippo ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Goddamn. All the characters in InuYasha just like the sound of their own voice. “Your time is up Naraku,” bla bla bla, “I've gotta shoot this arrow,” bla bla bla, “Bla bla fucking bla.”
InuYasha is so predictable. I'm almost tired of it. All our characters do is angst and whine.
And Naraku is fucking immortal. See! Just shoot the goddamn arrow and kill him! But no! We've got ten fucking minutes of indecision!
Yeah, yeah. Here's your story.
 
Tales of Dementia
 
Shippo
 
“So… guys?”
 
The group looked up at the small kitsune, wondering about his nervous disposition.
 
“What is it Shippo?” Kagome asked.
 
He shrugged his shoulders, keeping his eyes low. “I kind of… accidentally promised this girl… I would marry her… so…”
 
They glanced at each other before returning to their work.
 
“Oh, okay,” Kagome said. “I guess you'll have to stay here.”
 
“And I'll have to—wait! What?”
 
“Well, not all people can break a promise,” Sango gave a pointed look at Miroku, who chuckled nervously.
 
“It looks like your duty is here,” he said. “Good luck.”
 
Shippo was dumbstruck. “But don't you like… need me?!”
 
“Not really,” Inuyasha said. “It's not like you ever do anything.”
 
“I hate to say it, but Inuyasha's right,” Kagome murmured. “Your magic is pretty useless.”
 
“And all you ever do is hide,” Sango agreed.
 
“We'll just have to make due without that,” Miroku nodded.
 
“But…” The young demon looked close to tears. “But…”
 
“How `bout this,” Kagome interjected his usual fit. “We have a bittersweet goodbye episode—I mean party—and we'll marry you off to this girl. Does that sound fair?”
 
Shippo sniffled and nodded.
 
Notes:
And that's how you get rid of Shippo. He is useless in the series, and he's got no vendetta against Naraku. He just doesn't want to be on his own. Not that I don't find Shippo absolutely adorable, he's just annoying. Half as annoying as Kagome. And Kagome is pretty damn annoying.