InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tears for a half-demon ❯ Tears for a half-demon ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Tears for a half-demon

Summary: One-shot romance type thing like many of its type. Sesshomaru mortally wounds Inuyasha. Kagome's POV.

Disclaimer: Idea for the story came from DragonEyez story, "The Irony of Fate." I also pretty much based the summary off that story to. Inuyasha and all mentioned characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi and related parties

"Inuyasha!" I yell as I watch in horror as Sesshomaru swings Tokijin across your exposed midriff. "Inuyasha!" I yell again as you fall to the ground. I run to you as your elder half-brother walks calmly away, sheathing his sword.

"Inuyasha." I whisper as I kneel by your side and pull you close to me, allowing you to hear my heart. Tears fall, unknowingly, down my cheeks as I hear your breathing get harder and harder. I smile only slightly when you speak.

"Ka...go...me..." you say, almost breathlessly.

"I'm here, Inuyasha." I reply.

"I...love..." your words trail off as your lifeblood slips from under my hand. "I...love...you." you manage to say.

"Inuyasha." I whisper. "I love you to, with all my heart." In the distance I hear footsteps and shouting. Sango and the others were approaching, but I knew you would be dead before they got here.

As the sun set, not even the brilliant display of gold and red could comfort me as I heard your breaths get shorter and shorter. `Why did this have to happen?' I wonder to my self, laying my chin on the crown of your head and closing my eyes.

"All through the day, all through the night
I'm gonna be right by your side...
...I will be waiting here for you." I hear you say as your breathing ever so slowly stops.

I listen to you as you take your final mortal breath, and, for the first time since I met you, I cry, for you, for your life that had just been stolen from me. `Inuyasha...' I think to myself, `I will never forget you, to me you will always be my half-demon.'

A/N- That is just a fic that has been begging to be written. Honest, I don't hate Inuyasha, he and Sesshomaru are my favorite chars actually. R/R! I might just write another Inuyasha fic, maybe one with multiple chapters...