InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Temptation ❯ Accusations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Gone
 
Aine woke up and groaned. Morning already? She wanted to sleep some more. She stood up and got dressed. Another day at school. She walked downstairs and sat at the kitchen table. Kagome smiled at her daughter and set breakfast down in front of her.
 
“Thanks mom,” Aine smiled.
 
“No problem. What's going on with you and Dustin?” Kagome asked sitting next to Aine.
 
“Nothing, what would be going on?” Aine questioned.
 
“I don't know, could he be your future boyfriend or something?” Kagome smirked drinking her coffee.
 
“In case you haven't heard, he's a famous singer from America. He's way out of my league. I'm not even sure if we'll ever see each other again,” Aine stated.
 
“Something tells me that you two will meet again,” Kagome said.
 
Aine finished up her breakfast and stood up. “I'm going to go now,” she said and left.
 
She walked down the street watching all the people walking around her. The sun was bright over her head and she had to shield her eyes. She saw Dai up ahead, waiting for something. She walked past him, ignoring him until he grabbed her arm tightly. She turned to him, to acknowledge his presence.
 
“Who was that guy?” he asked.
 
“What guy?” Aine asked, trying to act innocent.
 
“You know who, don't act stupid,” Dai snapped tightening his grip.
 
“You're hurting me,” she whispered.
 
“Answer me!” he growled.
 
“Why should I? I'm not your girlfriend anymore!” she yelled. He raised his hand to hit her and smacked her right across the face. Tears felt Aine's eyes and she looked up at Dai in disbelief.
 
“Don't you dare talk to me like that!” Dai shouted.
 
“Get away from me! Let me go! Somebody help!” Aine screamed and got some attention from the people around them.
 
“Is there a problem here?” a man asked.
 
“Yes! This guy is harassing me!” Aine yelled.
 
“Okay, step away from the girl or I'll call the police,” the man ordered.
 
“No! She owes me answers,” Dai said.
 
“I don't owe you shit!” Aine yelled trying to pull her arm away. His hand just tightened around her arm and she knew that there would be bruises there later.
 
Dai pushed Aine back to the railing of the bridge. Dustin had been walking by at the time and saw the crowd forming. He pushed his way through the crowd and grew angry at the sight.
 
“One more step and she's going over!” Dai threatened.
 
Dustin stepped forward and Dai pushed Aine over the railing. She grabbed on to the railing and felt her shoulder snap out of place. She cried out in pain and Dustin ran out to help her. Her grip slipped and she started falling. Dustin grabbed her hand, but was taken over the railing with her. They hit the water, but never let go of each other's hands. That's the last thing they remembered.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Kagome answered the door and the police stood there. “Can I help you?” she asked.
 
“Are you Mrs. Takahashi?” the man asked.
 
“Yes, that's me,” Kagome said getting worried.
 
“Well, your daughter got into a fight with a boy named Dai and he went overboard. She was pushed over the railing of the bridge and she fell into the water, along with another boy who has yet to be identified. We haven't found their bodies yet. We are so sorry,” the man explained.
 
Kagome felt everything around her die. Tears came and spilled out of her eyes. Her daughter was gone. How could this happened?
 
Inuyasha came downstairs and walked over to the door. “What's going on?” he asked.
 
“If there's anything you need, just give us a call,” the man said and left.
 
Kagome closed the door and turned to Inuyasha. She threw her arms around him and sobbed into his shoulder.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked.
 
“She's gone! Aine's dead!” Kagome cried.
 
“What? That can't be true,” Inuyasha denied it. He didn't want to believe that his little girl was dead. How could he believe that?
 
“It's true! She fell over a bridge and they haven't found her body,” Kagome said.
 
Inuyasha held Kagome tightly as she cried. He still didn't believe it. It just couldn't be true.
 
Tami and the twins came across the scene and asked what was going on. After Kagome stopped crying she delivered the news and everyone was silent.
 
What were they going to do now? How were they going to get by? Aine was always the one who comforted everyone when they had problems and now she was gone.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Aine awoke with a start. Her breathing was ragged and she sat up looking around. She was cold and wet. She saw Dustin laying next to her and she shook him. He was out cold.
 
“What happened?” Aine asked herself. She saw that she was on a riverbank and saw a fire burning next to her. She sat closer to the fire to get warm and continued looking around. They were right next to a forest. Had they floated that far down stream?
 
“Dustin! Wake up!” Aine exclaimed shaking him. He groaned and opened his eyes. He looked up to see Aine staring down at him.
 
“Is this heaven?” he asked.
 
“No, we are by a forest,” Aine corrected.
 
“What? How did we get here?” Dustin asked.
 
“I have no idea. Let's go find a road or something. Maybe we can find someone to help us,” Aine suggested.
 
“Alright,” Dustin said.
 
The bushes behind them began to shake and a man with long black hair walked toward them.
 
“I see you two are finally awake,” he stated.
 
“Where are we?” Aine asked.
 
“This the forest of Edo, of course,” the man said.
 
“Edo? You're joking right?” Aine asked laughing.
 
“Why would I joke about that?” the man asked.
 
“This can't be right! The Edo period was over 500 years ago,” Aine said confused.
 
“Who are you?” Dustin asked the man.
 
“My name is Jiro,” the man stated.
 
Aine then noticed the weird appearance of Jiro. He had long black hair pulled up in a ponytail. He had ice blue eyes and claws on his hands. He wore some type of armor and a pelt around his waist. A tail wrapped around his leg and it swayed gently.
 
“What are you?” Aine asked.
 
“I'm a wolf demon,” Jiro said proudly.
 
“What the hell is going on here?!” Aine yelled jumping up.
 
“Something is seriously wrong here,” Dustin whispered.
 
“You have demon blood in you,” Jiro said to Aine.
 
“Yeah, my father is a half demon,” Aine said looking around. She walked around looking behind bushes and trees.
 
“Is there a road or street around here somewhere?” Dustin asked.
 
“What is a stri-et?” Jiro asked.
 
“How did we get 500 years into the past!?” Aine yelled.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;…………………....
 
Kagome sat in her bed looking at a picture of Aine. Tears fell on to the glass of the frame and she wiped them away. Aine couldn't be dead. Kagome could feel her. She wasn't dead. Something was wrong. She just knew it.
 
Inuyasha entered the room and sat next to Kagome. “It's going to be okay,” he whispered while rubbing her back.
 
“She's not dead Inuyasha. I just know that she's out there somewhere,” Kagome said.
 
“The police said that there was no way she could survive the current of the river,” Inuyasha said.
 
“I know, but I know she's alive. I can feel her heartbeat. She far away though, really far away,” Kagome said.
 
“What do you want to do? The police think she's dead so they won't help us look for her,” Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I don't know. I want to do something to help, but I don't know what we can do,” Kagome said.
 
“We'll just have to wait and see, I guess,” he said wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Where did her daughter go?
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
A/N: Both of my stories are starting to pick up now! I'm happy you all are being patient with me since these stories are kind of rushed and hard to read. The reason why it's like that is because it's kinda hard to follow a story like “Home”. So yeah! Everyone thinks “Home” is my best work and it can't be beat! That gives me confidence because I wrote it, but then again it makes me want to quit writing because I know I can't beat it, but don't worry guys! I won't quit! Those are just my feelings on it, but I'm really glad ya'll like my stories!
 
Dark.inu.hanyou.gurl: Everyone in the story speaks Japanese. Dai doesn't know who Dustin is, so that caused the problems in the chapter you just read. Yes, Dustin is a blonde haired blue-eyed American boy! Lol I don't think you're asking too many questions and I hope I answered them well! The twins won't have a very big role in this story so you won't read of them a lot. Thanks for reviewing!