InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's Just The Way It Is ❯ The Head ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DISCLAIMER: Oh how I wish I owned it.

AN : Wow it sure has been some time since I updatedhehe. 336 review w00t thanks to all who have reviewed and stuck with this story. Now here is chapter 9 for ya!

That's Just The Way It Is9Head




's mind was racing with thoughts. What possibly could Kikyo have been doing?she really with Naraku? And why would she betray them like that? Her thoughts were such in a jumble that she didn't notice the presence that came into the hallway until she bumped into it. She quickly looked up with surprised eyes.

"Inuyasha! You scared me." She said, her heart racing a little bit.

"Well I didn't know you got scared so easily." He said with a raised brow. Kagome glared at him and pushed him away in a playful manner.

"I don't, its just that I have a lot on my mind right now, I didn't notice you come this way."

"And may I ask what was on your mind?" He said with an arrogant smirk. Kagome rolled her eyes again, slightly in awe at his behavior seeing how he never acted this way before.

"Your to full of yourself." She laughed when she saw his hurt expression. "I wasn't thinking about you, sadly, but something else." She didn't know why but she felt that she didn't want to tell Inuyasha or anyone else for that matter on what she found out about Kikyo just yet. Maybe if she was the one to figure this mess, her father would look at her in a new light then 'daddy's little princess'. Inuyasha shook his head slowly knowing that whatever was on her mind, she wasn't going to tell him.

"C'mon its almost time for that meeting and your father doesn't take lightly to late comers." Kagome nodded and followed behind Inuyasha, looking back one more time at the hallway.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
room was silent as the people inside waited for the head of the group. Kagome fidgeted a bit as she saw her father's partners looking at her. At first she just glared at them but when they didn't even blink she felt a bit self-conscience. Inuyasha who was across from her looked amused. He knew what the others were doing and was glad and proud that Kagome could hold out for this long. Kagome eyes traveled to Inuyasha and she saw the laughing gleam in his eyes. She nearly screamed out when she figured he was laughing at her.

'That jerk, I bet he thinks I'm going to break, well I'll show him!' She thought with a small smirk. For the next 5 minutes she glared hard and coldly at all who dared to look at her, not once flinching or showing that she was intimidated. That's when the door to the meeting room opened and slammed shut. Kagome controlled herself to not jump at the sound. Sanoske looked around the room, making sure all were here. His face in a tight scowl. Kagome knew at this instance that he would show no mercy, not even to her.

"Good your all on time. Well then let's get down to business." He sat down and poured himself a cup of water and took a long gulp. The room silently watched. "Today we have a deliver coming in from Kyoto at exactly 7:00 PM sharp. I need two men to pick it up and five stationed around just incase those bastards have something up their sleeve." He took another gulp of his water. "And we have a delivery to be made." He sent a quick glance toward Kagome, who held her head higher. "I want it to be made with style in class, in other words I want Kagome to make this delivery, you must dress to impress, and when you get there make them feel like they can trust you." He said. He was hiding something and Kagome could feel it, she glanced around the room and noticed that the men who were staring her down didn't look her way now and they all had similar looks.

'What are you up to daddy?'

"This meeting is over. Kagome, Sango, Miroku be ready for 8:00 the delivery will be made at 9:00 and we need you prepared." He said before exiting the room. Kagome let go of the breath she didn't even know she was holding.

"What was that all about?" She asked the others who looked everyway which way then her. She raised a suspicious brow to them. "What?! You guys know something I don't?"

"Not really no." Sango said, giving her friend a slight smile. Kagome didn't even flinch. "Ok we know something that he told us before the meeting. You had left before he came in so you didn't get to know, but um, maybe you should just find out?" Sango said.

"No I don't think so I want to know what it is right now!" Inuyasha made his way to her.

"Don't worry about it I wasn't too happy with it at first, but I figured that later on we'll laugh at it." Now with that said Kagome wanted to know more then ever what they were talking about.

"Actually I'm laughing at it right now." Miroku said bursting out laughing a second later. He stopped instantly after Sango smacked him hard on the head.

"Come on we still have a few hours." Inuyasha said leaving the room. The others followed behind him.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

(KAGOME'S POV)

It was finally 8:00 and I was more nervous then I had been when my father had found I had my first kiss at the age of 10. I looked at myself in the mirror. My father had said to dress to impress and I did just that with a black and white Gucci evening dress. It was a spaghetti strapped dress that frilled at the bottom. Very elegant looking and my first time wearing it since I had bought it. Of course I fixed up my hair to, putting it up in a simply messy bun with some curls falling in my face. I smiled into the mirror knowing that I could crack necks.
was a knock on the door and looked to it.

"Come in." I yelled. The door open to reveal Inuyasha. He was wearing a black button down short with black pants. I wondered if her ever looked bad in anything? "Yes?" I asked sweetly. He only smirked and looked me up and down, taking his time on my curves and what not. I swear I thought that my heart would come bounding out of my chest if he didn't hurry and look me in the eye.

"You sure look beautiful." he said in a low husky voice that had my knees weak. I tried to control myself and turned back to mirror, knowing that any longer I would be glomping him or on the floor.

"Thank you." I said a hoarse tone and nearly cursed aloud. Great now he knows I'm having the hot's for him. I stiffened when I saw his face in back of me through my mirror. Why God why? What did I do to have this luscious man goading me like this? He's doing it on purpose damnit. I felt his arm slip around my waist and pull me into his chest and I could help but shudder at the warmth. His breath was breathing heavily on my throat as he leaned in and gave it a quick peck. My eyes closed at the feeling. "Yash" I whispered out. "Wecan'tdo thisy-you kno-" I was silenced instantly by his lips when he turned me to face him. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck as our mouths danced along each others. I was about to open my mouth when he jerked away from me and practically jumped to the other side of the room. "Wha-?" Before I could say more my father came into my room his eyes landing on Inuyasha before turning to me.

"Kagome, your ready?" he asked. I could only nod. "I take it that Inuyasha told you?" I nodded again even though I had the slightest clue to what he was talking about. My voice for now was just not working at the moment. "Good." and with that he was gone. My gaze traveled to Inuyasha who was looking at the door.

"You see!" I hissed. "What if he would have saw us?"

"I smelt him before he was even at the top of the stairs." He said in an obvious tone. I raised my brow at him.

"So why did it take you to the last minute to break away from me, you wanted us to get caught?" Inuyasha sighed, a small smile appearing on his lips.

"No, I just couldn't get away from your luscious lips." I could feel my whole body reddened. Why did he have to go and say something like that?

"Gawd Yash you just want me to take you on the bed right now huh?" I said jokingly but when I looked into his eyes I saw something that I thought would never be there. "Ium was only kidding." I nervously said, I mean I wasn't used to this Inuyasha yet, he was just to damn sexy.

"I know, so was I. Lets go." He said and walked out of the room. I watched until he left and sighed. Grabbing my mini purse I quickly left my room. One thing on my mind

'Should I have been worried about what he just said?'

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"Ok when you get there, your going to knock three times. A knock will come from the inside and that's when you say your name. They should know it so no worries k?" I nodded my head as Sango prompted me on what I was to do. She was so professional about it, I had to smile. "What are you smiling about?" She asked me with a smirk.

"Nothing." I said shaking my head. She shrugged and went back to telling me the rules.

"Once inside they will bring you to a room. That is where the head should be-"

"The head?" I asked. Sango nodded.

"That's what they call him, nobody knows his name, except for your father, but he wouldn't tell us either."

"Ok." I said oddly.

"Your going to have a little conversation with him. He does this with everyone, so answer truthfully." I eyed her for awhile before shaking my head. "Don't worry he won't ask anything perverted. Your father made sure of that."

"Wait hold on, so what, this is like a test or something?"

"I guess you could say that, for all of us, not just you." I nodded understanding what she meant. Well I guess this should show my father. I reached for my purse and opened it, taking out my hand gun, I was about to check for its bullets when it was snatched from my hands.

"Wha-?" I looked up to see Inuyasha putting it away in his jackets inside pocket. "Hey what's your problem?!" I practically yelled as I went to snatch it back but was held back by Sango. I turned angry eyes on her and she gave me a sheepish grin.

"Forgot to mention, no weapons. Sorry Kag."

"What! But what if they decide to kill me or something?!"

"Why do you think we're going?" Inuyasha asked. I glared at him. "Don't give me that look, Kagome." I rolled my eyes this time, there he goes, treating me like a little girl. "Don't worry about it, we don't have Miroku for nothing, if anything he can hack into their security camera system and check the room your in."

"And how do you know they have a camera in there?"

"We know." he simply said. My anger burned down a bit though I still couldn't believe I was going to go in there with nothing to protect me. Finally we got there and I looked around. It was a five story apartment building. My guess was that the people owned the building or they had a flat probably on the top floor.

"They own the apartment, if that's what you were thinking." I heard Sango said next to me. I turned to her with a grin and motioned that we knew what the other was thinking. She laughed lightly before giving me hug. "Be careful, if anything you'll know I'll be the first in there to kick anyone's ass." I hugged back and nodded.

"Thanks." Inuyasha was the one to open the door and he looked straight ahead of me, never once looking me directly in the eye. I just brushed him off and went to the main door. Slowly I knocked three times, seconds later a knock came and I said my name. The door was opened and I briskly walked in.

"Come with me." Said the bulky man in front of. I silently followed. I noticed we passed many rooms, most of them opened with many people occupying them. Some would be just guys playing cards and some filled with both guys and girls. We came to an elevator and the guard ushered me in. The doors closed in front of us and he pressed the 4th button. The ride was quick as the doors opened for us again. We made a quick turn once we got off. This hallway was very quiet and kind of gave me the creeps as we walked to the end, where there was only door. The guy opened it and I walked in slowly, not sure what would happen next. I heard the door click shut behind me. There was a table with two chairs in the middle of the room and of to the side was a comfy looking couch. I sat there, sighing softly as the cushions were very cushiony.

"So I see you like my couch huh?" My eyes, which were closed a second ago, shot open as I looked to who the voice belonged to. There standing at about a good 5'5 was a teenaged a boy, whoa let me correct myself, he was a fox demon, or in demon terms, a kitsune. And he looked to be no more older then 13 or 14.

"Um yeahso I'm guessing you're the head's son?" I asked getting up quickly. The boy gave a short but cute laugh.

"I get that a lot, actually I am the head." What the-?! This must have been some kind of sick joke. So this test or whatever was one joke and they had a the gull to use a little kid as the head?!

'Oh was both my father and Inuyasha going to get it, when I was through with this!'






AN : Ok a slight cliffy, but no worries I will have the next chappie out soon, my muse has come back to me and I've already started off the next chappie! So please review and tell me what you think so that it can come even faster!!