InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 500 Year Engagement ❯ The 500 Year Engagement - Aftermaths and the Flying Kotodama ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 500-Year Engagement
Aftermaths and the Flying Kotodama
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
“Hmmmm…ummm………huh?” Kagome forced her eyes open to discover InuYasha kneeling over her, untying the cords from her wrists. “What's going on?”
 
“Midori's downstairs in the living room.”
 
Kagome rolled her head to look at the clock. “She just got home?”
 
“Yeah, and she smells like sex.”
 
“WHAT?” That got the sleep out of her eyes.
 
“I thought you might want to talk with her.”
 
Kagome got up and pulled on a robe. “Oh no, she did not do that!” she hissed, practically flying out of the room and down the stairs.
 
“Feh.” InuYasha started after her.
 
 
******************
 
 
InuYasha reached the living room to find Kagome and Midori glaring daggers at each other.
 
“DAD?”
 
`Yes, Midori?”
 
“Tell mom I'm not a kid, anymore. I'm over three hundred years old and she can't treat me like a teenager!” Midori stomped her foot for emphasis.
 
“She is over three hundred…”
 
“THAT'S NOT THE POINT!”
 
“I can `kiss' whoever I want to!” Midori smirked at her mother. “It's not like you want him, is it?”
 
“NO! And that's STILL not the point.”
 
“He's almost as big as dad, you know. I can't understand how you missed it.”
 
“Feh!”
 
“MIDORI!” Kagome was pissed, now.
 
“I'll just be leaving. I'm going back to my hotel room…and I'm a miko, too, mom, so it's not like you can do anything to stop me.”
 
“KYAAA!” Kagome held her hand, palm up, and motioned sharply upwards. InuYasha's kotodama glowed brightly and rose up and off the hanyou's neck. Kagome motioned again and, just as Midori reached the front door, the kotodama settled around her neck.
 
“What the…?”
 
“Osuwari!”
 
<WHAM>
 
InuYasha watched as his daughter struggled against the power of the spell. “For once, I enjoyed hearing you say that.”
 
 
******************
 
“Now, young lady, you are going to tell me everything that you did tonight. And I mean everything!”
 
“This isn't fair!” From her seat on the sofa, Midori glared up at her mother. Every time she had tried to stand up, her mother had sat her again. In desperation, Midori had even tried removing the spell from the kotodama, herself. All this did was remind her that, although her mother might not flaunt her miko powers, it didn't mean she didn't have them…in spades.
 
She had been angry enough to really exert herself. It wasn't enough. It wasn't nearly enough.
 
It had been like holding a match up to a volcano.
 
Kagome smiled at her daughter. “I wouldn't try that again.”
 
Midori lowered her eyes. “Yes, mother.”
 
Kagome sat down beside the girl. “It isn't that you're not old enough to look after yourself.”
 
Midori looked up again…the fire back in her eyes.
 
“Keh. Like mother, like daughter.”
 
Both looked at InuYasha.
 
“Your mother was that stubborn, once.”
 
Kagome answered coldly. “Why, thank you, InuYasha. OSUWARI!”
 
Midori found herself on the floor again. Her father was standing over her, guffawing. Her mother was kneeling over her, splitting her time between berating her mate and apologizing to her daughter.
 
Midori finally started giggling.
 
“Are you okay, dear? You didn't injure your head, did you?” Kagome was anxiously wringing her hands.
 
“No…no, mom.” Somehow Midori managed to stop laughing. “It is pretty funny, though…dad getting you to do that.” She sniffed. “Don''t worry, I'm pretty tough…just like dad.”
 
InuYasha grinned and looked at Kagome. “Feh. Say it again.”
 
“NO! Please don't!” Midori was trying not to giggle. “Okay, okay. I guess I should tell you what happened. I still think I'm old enough to look after myself, though.”
 
“That's not the point.” Kagome helped her daughter up and back onto the sofa. “What you did, I have to live with.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Are you going to school on Monday, or am I?”
 
“Oh. OH!”
 
“Oh.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“So what really happened?” asked Kagome.
 
“I…uhhh.”
 
“You'd better fess up. Your mother will hear about it on Monday, anyway,” said InuYasha. “Do you want her to have to ferret it out on her own, or do you want her to have the true story?”
 
Midori sighed. “The true story.” She looked up, this time without all the defiance in her eyes. “I did not sleep with him.”
 
“Well, that's a relief.”
 
Midori decided not to tell her mom and dad about accidentally on purpose brushing against Hojo's…leg…in the pizza joint. “He is a good slow dancer, though.”
 
“Oi. Is that how you discovered he's almost as big as I am?”
 
“I…uhhh…ummm.”
 
“Nobody is as big as your father.” Kagome paused. “Well, maybe Sesshoumaru.”
 
“How do you know that?” blurted out the hanyou.
 
“Rin told me.”
 
“K-Keh. You two…compare notes?”
 
“Dad is so naïve.”
 
“Yes, I know. But he has his redeeming qualities.”
 
“Stop talking about me like that! I'm standing here, you know.” The hanyou paused for a moment and then looked back at his daughter. “Wait a second. How do you know how big I...? Well, you know.”
 
Midori smiled and held up two fingers. “First, mom's a screamer. In fact, you both are. Second, when you're a little kid and you hear your mom screaming, sometimes you go to see what's wrong.”
 
“Oi. You mean you've…”
 
“I would be screaming, too, if someone was pushing something that big into me.”
 
“Ahem….cough-cough…ummmm.”
 
“Mom?” Midori saw that, while her father had blushed at the thought he had been seen by his own daughter, he certainly had nothing on her mother…who was turning bright red.
 
“Go..cough…on. About your date, I mean!”
 
“Right.” It was fun, embarrassing your parents. “Anyway, after the dance, Hojo asked if I'd like to see his room. Naturally, I thought his parents would be home, so I accepted.”
 
“You're not that ignorant,” said Kagome.
 
“Oi.”
 
“Okay, okay. It was fun pretending to be a teenager again. But I wasn't going to let him get anywhere,” exclaimed Midori. “He is a good kisser, though.”
 
“You let him kiss you?” asked Kagome.
 
Midori sighed. “Once at the dance. Not too many times in his room!”
 
“In his room? You let him get you into his room?”
 
“You know he's got pharmaceutical posters on his walls?”
 
“Feh.”
 
Kagome looked from her mate back to her daughter. “No, I certainly wouldn't know that.”
 
“Anyway, we got on the bed…”
 
“You WHAT?” InuYasha was ticked. “I'm getting Tetsusaiga. I'll just geld the little bastard!”
 
“We were just sitting on it!”
 
“Take it easy, InuYasha.”
 
“I told you he was a good kisser, right?”
 
“See there? All she did was…what?”
 
“He's a really good kisser…and I haven't really been with someone for, like, thirty years…and…”
 
“You didn't.” Kagome was practically trembling.
 
“I can't say I didn't think about it.”
 
“Feh. Baka. What would you do after that? Let Kagome go to school and put up with the consequences…while you went out on the dates? Or would you just go to school for her, and on the dates, so that you - instead of your mom - would have to live with all those young men lusting after her?”
 
There was no answer.
 
“Midori?”
 
Still no answer.
 
“Daughter?”
 
“Huh? Oh…sorry, dad. Of course I wouldn't do that to mom!” Midori looked up to find her mother looking at her suspiciously.
 
“Oi, so why do you smell like sex?”
 
“Oh. While we were dry-humping, Hojo had an accident.”
 
“YOU dry-humped HOJO?” Kagome shook her head in disbelief. Then she winced at what she'd be facing on Monday. “Sleep on the couch. We'll talk more about this later.” She groaned. At least tomorrow is Sunday.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Back in their room, InuYasha closed the door behind them. “You want to get some sleep, I imagine.”
 
“Hmmm.” Kagome dropped her robe to the floor and climbed onto the bed, lying on her back and playing with one of the cords that was still tied to her bed. “Don't think so.”
 
“You're kidding. That made you horny?” The hanyou began tying his mate's wrists again.
 
“No. You make me horny.” Kagome grinned at her mate. “That girl, downstairs, needs a little healthy tormenting.”
 
“You're serious?”
 
“Mate, do your worst!”
 
 
******************
 
 
Downstairs, Midori stripped off her prom dress and put on the extra-large t-shirt her mother had given her to sleep in. She had just settled down on the sofa and pulled the blanket over her, when…
 
“INUYASHAAAAAA!”
 
She looked towards the steps. “Damn you, mother.”
 
“KA-GO-MEEEEEE!”
 
“INU-YA-SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”
 
“Damnit.” Midori got up and tiptoed to the stairs. As quietly she could, she crept up the steps and along the hall towards Kagome's room. Just as she reached the door, there was a pause in the noise from within and…
 
“OSUWARI!”
 
<WHAM>
 
“Damnit!”
 
She could hear her parents laughing inside the room. “I will get you for this, mother,” she thought.
 
“INU-YA-SHAAAA!
 
“KA-GO-MEEEEE!”
 
The spell wore off just enough that she could start crawling to the steps again. She had just made it to the top of the steps when…
 
“Osuwari.”
 
<WHAM-CRASH-THUMPETYTHUMP-BANG-CRASSSHHHH>
 
“Oi. Sounds like you timed that about right.”
 
She'll heal by morning,” giggled Kagome. “Now…where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha sat on one side of the kitchen table, and Midori and Kagome's ji-chan sat on the other as they all waited for Mama to be done making brunch. For some reason, nobody had gotten a lot of sleep the previous night, so they had decided to just have the combination meal. Miroku and Sango had already eaten, being the only two who had gotten up early. The monk and taijiya had made a fire and cooked breakfast out on the grounds.
 
Kagome's grandfather made a mental note to talk with them about that. It wouldn't do to have the Tokyo police there to talk with them about open fires within the city limits.
 
Sota came downstairs and bounded into the kitchen. “Who won?”
 
“Huh?” said Kagome. “What do you mean, Sota?”
 
“Oh, I heard you and InuYasha wrestling again last night. You two were really going at it!” Sota looked at InuYasha. “So, who won?”
 
“None of your business, runt!”
 
Mama Higurashi noticed that Midori seemed to be enjoying the fact that her mother was suffering serious embarrassment. She poured boiling water into the girl's teacup. “You haven't told us about “Kagome's” date, yet. How did it go, dear?”
 
Kagome got her voice back in time to break in. “We heard all about it last night, Mama. I don't think we need to hear about it again.”
 
Mama knew when to back off. “I…see.”
 
“Midori got a little carried away, Mama. It may cause me a little embarrassment at school on Monday.”
 
“Oh.” Mama thought for a moment. “I wouldn't worry about it much, dear. Hojo doesn't seem like the `kiss and tell' type to me.”
 
“Did you have to bring that up?”
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
“I'm more worried about what he'll think our relationship is. He thinks that was me the other night.” Kagome wondered how much to tell her mom, decided she had to tell her something. “Midori let him get her to his room.”
 
“Oh. Oh dear.”
 
“She didn't sleep with him, but she sure gave him reason to hope.”
 
“Feh,” said InuYasha. “I'll just kill him.”
 
“You will not.” Once again, Kagome lifted her hand, palm up, and jerked it upwards. The kotodama around Midori's neck glowed for a moment and rose into the air over her head. Kagome made another motion and the charm floated over InuYasha's head.
 
“Oh no you don't!”
 
The hanyou stood up and started running through the house, the kotodama in quick pursuit. Kagome held her hand up, but palm down. Her eyes were closed in deep concentration, as if she was watching something in her mind. Finally, she slammed her palm down on the table.
 
“Arrgh!” Apparently, InuYasha was upstairs.
 
“Osuwari.”
 
<WHAM>
 
“Damnit!”
 
Kagome opened her eyes. Everyone was staring at her. “Okay, all done. Everyone…go back to eating.”
 
“Granddaughter, I didn't realize you had so much power.”
 
Kagome recalled talking with Miroku about the long-ago sealing of her ji-chan and she felt guilty. “About that…”
 
 
 
 
A/N: Well, at least Midori didn't actually sleep with Hojo. But it looks like enough happened that it may cause problems for Kagome in school on Monday. I wonder if Hojo thinks he has a girlfriend, now.
 
More confusion to come!
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks! Oh, and again, more reviews = more inspiration for new chapters.