InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 5th Son ❯ Streaks of red ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N- Ya I know, first chap was short, sorry about that, but that's just how all of my prologues are, short. Now on to the fic! ^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and crew.. I just keep them locked up in my closet for comedy relief ^-^; ehehe.. Ya.

BTW- when something is written " in Italic" it's the person's thoughts. & when you see a " / " it means that the person was cut short in the middle of a sentence or thought

Chpt.2 Streaks of Red

(Location: on the way to Inutiasho's manor by horseback)

"Miss... miiiiissss... exscuse me miss but are you ok?". "Hmm.. wha. oh yes I'm fine I was just" kagome trailed of. Saori sighed "miss Kagome you mustn't worry, Lord Inutiasho and Lady Mio are the most kind hearted souls I've ever known and their son's are all wonderfull gentlemen. well it least the eldest one sesshomaru is, as for the others, well they are a little wild but none the less gentlemen".

Kagome gave saori a weak smile, "Arigatou for the encouragement Saori, I'm just a little nervous that's all". And with that Kagome turned her attention to staring blankly into the forest. Saori smiled, "I'm sure after she gets to know the Lord & his family she will be just fine".

~*~

.:sigh:. "I miss father so. & I don't know how I'll ever survive at Lord Inutiasho's home, I mean for heaven sakes the only one besides me that will be human there is Lady Mi- what was that! .I could swear I just saw someone, or something… hmm… perhaps it was just my imagination. Great, now I'm hallucinating"! What miss Kagome? "Oh nothing Saori I was just talking to my sel-" there it is again! That streak of red, am I really that out of it?".

"Um miss Kagome are you sure you're ok, you seem to be a bit distant lately". "Oh Saori, I am sorry to have worried you, I'm just not myself right now. So... um how much farther to the manor?" "We will arrive there in about a half hour or so miss Kagome." Saori replied.

"You know you really don't have to call me *miss* Kagome, Kagome is just fine". "If that is what you wish mi- I mean Kagome". Kagome smiled brightly, "you see, it's not that bad now is it?". "Not at all mi- I mean Kagome, sorry for almost slipping again, it's just that I'm used to using miss, Lord, Lady, or young Master quite often being a servant for such a fine family and all". "You really are a nice person you know that saor- There it is again!" Kagome said ubruptly.

"There what is miss Kago- I mean Kagome?". "That red streak, I swear I keep seeing these streaks of red like some one is following us, at first I though that I was just imagining it, but this time I'm positive I saw it, I know I did!" Kagome replied breathlessly.

" Kagome I am beginning to think that you weren't telling me the whole truth about not being sick, stubborn or not you should tell people when you are not well or there could be serious repercussions to your health" Saori said worriedly. "Soari I am NOT sick!" Kagome said. "But miss, then why are you hallucinating?". "Urrgg!!! I am NOT sick and I am NOT hallucinating, I know what I saw, and I know I saw it!" yelled Kagome. "Miss... !" Saori sighed astounded. .:gasp:. "I can't believe I just yelled at Saori like that, she was only trying to help & I just blew up on her". "Umm… Saori, I'm sorry about that, it's just that I've been going through a rough time right now & I'm a little edgy… forgive me?". "Well…" Saori looked at Kagome's pleading face, "Of coarse I forgive you Kagome, everyone loses their temper itleast once in a while, and I can't blame you, with the loss of your father and all."

"Arigatou Saori", I'm glad she forgave me, but did she have to remind me of my father's death again?. Saori clapped her hand to her mouth as soon as she realized what she had said. "Oh Kagome I'm sorry I didn't mean to". "It's ok Saori, I have to learn to go on with my life I suppose, and besides, father wouldn't want me to drag on all depressed anyways…".

"So… Saori, what are they like?" Kagome questioned. "What are who like?" Saori asked a bit confused as to what Kagome meant. "The Tiasho's, what are they like?" Kagome re-worded the question. "Uhhh…" Saori sighed, "Hmm, how to describe them, well for starter's Lord Inutiasho himself is a great man, and though he may appear frightening at first, once you get to know him he's sweet as a puppy so to speak. And then there's Lady Mio. Lady Mio is a very beautiful women, she has long raven hair, violet eyes, and she practically looks like a porcelain doll. And oh what a gentle creature she is, just like a lamb I suppose, Lady Mio is has only one son, the youngest of the 5, Inuyasha is his name". "Wow, she sounds beautiful, and what about the 5 son's, what are they like Saori?"Kagome continued questioning.

"Let's see, for starters there is the oldest son Sesshoumaru, he out of all 5 is probably the most mature acting, and very polite. Then there is Keita, he is the one with his hair pulled back into a high ponytail on his back, and with him, well he thinks he is better than everyone, but he can still be a pretty sweet boy once every 100 years or so. And then there are the twins Ryohei, and Ryuichi, they both have choppy hair that is about 3 or 4 inches above their shoulder's, and they are both prangsters, in fact I'd say the only thing that they don't have in common is that Ryohei's Gi is green and Ryuichi's Gi is blue."

"Then last but not least there is Inuyahsa" Saori chanted. "That's Mio's son right?" asked Kagome. Saori nodded, "that is correct kagome, Inuyasha is Inutaisho's youngest son, and because his mother is human that makes him a hanyou. Inuyasha is around here and there, he only shows up when he really wants to, & I don't blame him the poor kid, you see because he's a hanyou all of his brother's never fail to make rude comments towards this fact, the only one who doesn't is sesshoumaru and I'm sure if it's because he feels he is too mature to stoop that low, or if he actually has pitty for Inuyasha."

"Anyways that's about the gist of it, itleast from my point of view that is." Saori finished. "Arigatou Saori for telling me, itleast now I know a little about what I should expect when we get there". "No problem Kagome, and trust me I'm sure you'll do just fine living at the manor with us, said Saori smiling". "OK, we should be getting there in about 10 minut-" ROOOOOOOAAAAARR!!!!!!! (A/N-sorry guys, but when it comes to scary monster growls & me… things get a little pathetic so bare with me and my pitiful "Roooaarrs" ok, thanx) "What the... what is that!?" Kagome exclaimed. "Oh Kami no, it's a Tosheen Demon, we must get away from here and quick Kagome!" Saori said. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" was the only reply Kagome managed to get out as Saori swiftly kicked her's and kagome's horses in the side, and with that they were off like a bolt.

~*~

As Kagome bounced up and down on the horse she turned her head to see if they were being followed and surely enough they were. "Damn, stupid demon thing going and chasing us right when I was starting to lose some of that stress". "What Kagome?" Saori asked. "Oh nothing Saori" Kagome checked behind them again "um Saori...". "Yes Kagome?" Saori responded. " Well, um, if we don't pick up the pace we're going to be luch, and I'd rather not be"Kagome said as she made a gesture towards the demon on their trail. "Good idea kagome, kya, come on boy go faster, kya kya" Saori nudged the horse on . Kagome glanced back worridly again

.:sigh:. It doesn't seem to matter how fast we go, cause that stupid thing just keeps going faster too, to match our speed. Maybe if there were some way I could- Hey! There's the Red streak again, uuurrggg, I bet who ever that is has something to do with this, oooohh, the nerve of some people/demons!Kagome though ignorantly. Right then there was a crashing sound in front of her and Kagome realized that while she was off in lala land the demon had managed to get ahead of her & Saori. "Kagome quick turn around!" Saori yelled.

"NO" said the demon with a booming voice as he slammed his large fist on the ground shaking the entire area and making the horses loose their footing & fall. "I am the great Demon Sakko and you are my lunch!" (A/N- XD lol). Kagome was in the middle of thinking up some smart ass remark to counter the Demon's when the streak of red that she had been seeing throughout the entire trip seemed to just come out of thin air. Wait, for a second I could have sworn I saw a boy, but, no way! No one is that fast! The next thing kagome knew is that the red streak or perhaps even what might be a boy flashed in front off the demon for a brief moment and then it/he ran off into the woods again . Seconds later the tosheen demon Sakko fell into 2 perfectly cut pieces right down the center.

"Saori what just happe-" Kagome started. "Not right now Kagome, what we need to do is get to the manor before any of Sakko's friends show up, concidering that the tosheen demons travel in packs of 4, now lets go". Kagome nodded and then followed Saori (this time by foot due to the horses running off in fear) heading to the manor that would soon become her new home.

~*~

A/N- soooooooooo. what'd ya think? I think it was eehhh… ok, not great, but not bad, just,ok. Anywho I figured I'd fill in some gaps I left really quik before I'm finished up.

Ok, first of all. ages

Sesshy- he is about 21 in demon years

Keita- He is about 19 demon years Ryohei & Ryuichi- They are both 18 yrs old demon wise

Inuyasha- He is 16 yrs old demon wise

Kagome- is 15 ½ human years

Inutiasho- 37 in demon yrs

Mio (pronounced- Me-o) - is 30 in human years, but she ages the same as demons do because of her bond with Inutiasho (the bond id just basically what it's called "A Bond" that's all)

Also, all 5 sons have white hair just like Inutiasho, and saori has short blackish red hair and is 23 demon years old, I think that answers all the questions I might have asked if I read this fic and it weren't mine so, ja ne! SMILE ALWAYS

AngelWingsbaka