InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The artist from the other world, and the elemental Tetsuaiga ❯ The history of the unknown painter ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2: The history of the unknown painter
 
Kagome got up to face Runaiko.
“So, how do you know of the sacred jewel shards?” She asked him perplexed.
Runaiko bowed his head, he reached his hand into his pocket, and pulled out what seemed to be a deck on long, this cards. He dispersed them and placed them all over a desk. Kagome looked in awe as all the cards had different pictures on it, each one more breathtaking then the last. One illustrated an inferno, another a large tsunami, another a sort of wolf creature, and the list went on.
“I am a summoner,” He said, raising his eyes to Kagome, “I am great-grandson to the great summoning monk Triushanin. My grandfather is also a summoner, and my great-grandfather passed on generations of legacies, stories, and truths, that have been passed down to my father, and myself. My father unfortunately did not receive the talent that I, my grandfather, and my great-grandfather possess.”
Kagome's eyes lit up.
“So your grandfather, through your great-grandfathers knowledge has told you about the sacred jewel and what had happened to it?” Kagome asked awaiting the obvious answer.
“Precisely,” Runaiko replied, “And I find it hard to believe that you are the incarnation of the great priestess.”
“Oh really?” Kagome asked, clenching a fist, “How else do you explain how I ended up having shards of the jewel in the first place?”
“I don't know,” Said Runaiko grinning, “But my grandfather told me that when the jewel was burned it was intact, all in one piece. Might you know how it was mutilated?”
There was a long silence. Kagome did not say anything for it was her that caused the jewel to break into a million pieces in the first place.
“Well . . . no, but a demon did extract the jewel from inside me! It happened well I fell down the sacred well!” Kagome said trying to get Runaiko to believe her somewhat.
“Did Mr. Horok say your last name was Higurashi?” Runaiko asked.
Kagome nodded.
“So it's you and your family that own the shrine up there?” Runaiko asked pointing out the window to a random spot.
Kagome nodded once again.
“Very well . . . I am obliged to believe you may in fact be the reincarnation of the priestess,” he said solemnly.
Kagome shook her head violently, confused and unaware about how where she lived could automatically mean she is Kikyo reborn.
“By the way, what exactly is a summoner?” Kagome asked, still staring at the cards on the desk.
Runaiko waved his hand over the card that looked like an inferno and suddenly the entire classroom burst into a large volcanic atmosphere, fire blazing everywhere.
“STOP!” Kagome shouted.
Runaiko closed a fist and the fire disappeared.
“There is a magic that flows through me, you see,” Runaiko started, “Whenever I paint something, or as my grandfather or great-grandfather painted something, whatever creation they made tended to become a reality on command. My grandfather told me-“
Runaiko was cut off by Kagome.
“-You mean you painted all these! They're beautiful!” She shouted.
“Well as I was saying,” Runaiko continued, “My grandfather told me that his father was approached by a demon by the name of Naraku that-“
Runaiko was cut off once more.
“Naraku! She shouted, this time louder then the last outburst.
“Yes, Naraku, he intended to use Triushanin's power for evil purposes, when my great-grandfather refused, Naraku killed him,” Runaiko explained.
“That's so. . .sad,” Kagome said.
“Yes well, it's not a topic we prefer to discuss, my family and I, now-“
Runaiko was cut off again, but not by Kagome, by the footsteps of the students returning from the fire drill. He quickly picked up his card paintings and returned to his desk while Kagome snatched the rest of the jewel shards and returned to her own desk.