InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The artist from the other world, and the elemental Tetsuaiga ❯ Down the well again ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Down the well again
 
School ended that day. Being as Kagome was in the remedial classes, she was not given any homework. She felt her pocket to see if the jewel shards were still there, and sure enough they were. She looked over to find Runaiko headed in an opposite direction of her.
`I wonder if he might help us with Naraku,' She thought to herself.
She turned around and started following the young summoner.
“What do you want,” he said watching Kagome's shadow overtop of his own while he walked.
“I was wondering...” Kagome started to blush, “If you wanted to come over for dinner...”
Runaiko stopped and looked at her, he had a serious expression on his face, as he did throughout the entire day.
“Sorry, I don't do dates,” he snapped.
“But...” Kagome mumbled.
Runaiko turned on his heel and started walking away from her. Kagome started to get infuriated.
“I just wanted to know if you wanted to go the feudal era with me so you can get revenge on Naraku you jerk!” She shouted. Luckily nobody else was in the area so nobody could wonder what she was talking about.
Runaiko stopped once more, he turned around to face Kagome again.
“Revenge on Naraku?” he asked, “That's impossible! He existed long before we were born!”
Kagome shook her head.
“Here take this!” she said, reaching into her pocket, and throwing a shard of the jewel towards Runaiko, “If you really want to get your great-grandfathers revenge you'll meet me at the well at the shrine by 8 tonight!”
Runaiko gave her an odd expression, then nodded and pocketed the shard. The two then walked their separate paths.
 
Night had fallen and 8 o'clock had rolled around. Kagome waited impatiently near the entrance of the well. She looked out, and could see a shadow slowly making its way towards her. The street lamp shone on Runaiko's face as he surfaced from the shadows to appear facing Kagome. He was wearing a bulky red and black shirt that had distinct similarities to the colour of his hair, and pitch black pants.
“So explain to me how this works,” he said, eyeing the door to the well.
Kagome nodded, she opened up the door, and the two of them walked in. They walked up to the edge of the well.
“Still have that jewel shard?” Kagome asked.
Runaiko nodded unclenching a fist and revealing the pink piece of glowing glass that was a shard of the Shikon jewel.
“Good, jump,” Kagome said, pointing towards the centre of the well.
“Excuse me?” Runaiko asked.
“Jump!” Kagome repeated, “Ugh, fine!”
Kagome leaped form the edge and fell into the centre of the well, a large flash of pink and purple light emerged, blinding Runaiko, as Kagome disappeared into the newly dark abyss.
Runaiko shrugged as he stepped up the edge. He clenched his fist tight, and dove into the well, eventually he too was absorbed by the blinding light.
 
“Who's this human?” InuYasha asked poking the motionless body that lay over the eedge of the vine infested well.
“That's Runaiko!” Kagome said cheerfully.
“Kagome,” Miroku said, “You know you have no business bringing another human into our world.
“Oh lighten up Miroku!” Sango said.
“He's not just another human,” Kagome explained, “Naraku killed his great-grandfather and I brought him here for revenge.”
“Revenge? What kind of powers does he have? The ability to stare blankly into Naraku's eyes as he suffers a slow and painful death. I don't think so!” InuYasha said sarcastically.
“InuYasha...” Kagome said, “SIT!”
InuYasha collapsed to the ground.
“WHAT WAS THAT FOR!” he yelled.
Suddenly, Runaiko was starting to wake.
“What . . . Who are all these people . . . ” He said mumbling.
“Nice to see your awake, now do us a favour and leave,” InuYasha said placing his hand on the handle of his Tetsuaiga.
“SIT!”
InuYasha hurdled to the ground again.
“Sorry about that Runaiko, that's InuYasha, he's a half demon that wants to kill Naraku for what he did to Kikyo. And this is Miroku, he wants to get Naraku for cursing him with the wind tunnel,” Kagome said pointing to either one, “And this is Sango, Naraku possessed her little brother Kohaku, her cat demon Kilara, and finally Shippo, a friendly fox demon!”
Sango and Miroku bowed, and Shippo went to shake Runaiko's hand.
“Kagome has told us a lot about you, Runaiko!” he said happily.
InuYasha slowly regained motor skills and got up again.
“So how do you plan on getting your revenge on Naraku, human?” he asked in his usual tone.
“With this,” Runaiko said pulling out a card from his pocket, “Inferno! RELEASE!” he yelled, and the same inferno that surrounded Kagome in the classroom was now a small fire tornado that spun around InuYasha. The half demon leaped out of the tornado and faced Runaiko.
“Impressive, a fire demon,” he said.
“Not quite,” Runaiko replied.
“He's a summoner,” Kagome said.
“A summoner!” said Miroku, impressed, “Like the great monk Triushanin!”
“That would be my great-grandfather,” Runaiko said solemnly.
“I am honoured to be in your presence!” Miroku exclaimed.
Sango turned to Kagome.
“At this rate I won't be surprised if Miroku asks your friend to bear his children!”
The two shared a laugh.