InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The artist from the other world, and the elemental Tetsuaiga ❯ The elemental Tetsuaiga ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 4: The elemental Tetsuaiga
 
Night fell and the gang gathered around a near fire that Runaiko had created.
“So tell me, how skilled are you at summoning? Nowhere near Triushanin I would assume, “ Miroku said.
“That's not a very nice thing to say!” Sango said, slapping Miroku.
Kagome laughed.
“I am quite skilled, thank you. Unfortunately it has become a rule that I do not excurse my powers in my world. But here, there are no boundaries here,” Runaiko said, his voice deepening, “So tell me, why have you all gathered together to destroy Naraku?”
“He killed Kikyo,” grunted InuYasha.
“The priestess!” Runaiko shouted, quickly turning to Kagome.
InuYasha nodded.
“He cursed my family with a void that absorbs anything in its path, we call it the wind tunnel, and it will eventually consume me,” Miroku said showing Runaiko his hand that beared the wind tunnel.
“He revived my brother and is using him for his own sick purposes . . . ” Sango said at her turn.
“And he sent an army of demons to kill my father!” Shouted Shippo.
“And what about you, Kagome? What reasons do you have to kill Naraku?” Runaiko then asked.
The group fell silent. Now that Kagome had thought about it, she didn't really have one. She just wanted him to suffer for all the bad things he did to her friends.
“He. . .” Kagome said, “He has the remainder of the sacred jewel, and I have to collect it!”
Runaiko nodded. He then turned to InuYasha.
“That is a very old sword you have, InuYasha,” he said examining the Tetsuaiga.
InuYasha grinned, as he removed the sword from it's sheath to reveal its true fang-like blade.
“It may be old, but its powerful,” InuYasha said, gripping the sword.
“Demonstrate,” Runaiko said solemnly.
InuYasha looked around until he spotted a vast area of trees. He leaped into the air, and raised the Tetsuaiga over his shoulders.
“WIND SCAR!” He roared, quickly bringing the blade down.
A large flash of yellow light emerged from the sword as it split into 3 trails, that completely destroyed the once green area of the vast forest.
“It is impressive, but I doubt it can defeat Naraku,” Runaiko said, slowly pulling out his deck of paintings.
He shuffled through them until he picked out four individual ones, and placed them in InuYasha's kimono.
“What's this human? A present?” InuYasha asked snobbily.
“As one would say,” Runaiko said, as he started to mumble something.
The paintings began to glow, as they got brighter and brighter, and finally, the light faded away.
“I've placed an enchantment on those paintings, InuYasha, they will know abide by your commands,” Runaiko explained.
“And the point of giving me these useless pieces of art?” InuYasha asked.
Runaiko smiled and shook his head.
“Place one of them on the blade of your sword, and call out your Wind Scar attack, believe me, you will notice quite a change.”
InuYasha reached into his kimono to find four cards. One had a picture of an inferno, another one a large tsunami, one a large tornado, and another that appeared to be an earthquake. InuYasha undecidedly chose one at random and placed it face down on the blade of his Tetsuaiga. He chose a newly appointed patch of trees, and leaped into the air anew. As he launched the sword over his shoulders, it began to glow a faint grey, as a tornado burst onto the blade.
“WIND SCAR!” InuYasha yelled, and he swung the blade down, the tornado on the blade quickly merged with the attack, causing large multiple gusts of wind and tornados to attack the area of trees, destroying more then InuYasha had anticipated. When InuYasha landed, Runaiko walked over to him.
“I have given you the four main elements, Fire, Water, Wind and Earth. They should increase your sword's power,” he explained.
InuYasha bore a large grin.
“Only four? That's a bit of a disappointment,” He said sarcastically.
“I can tell you are impressed with the powers I have given you,” Runaiko said, shuffling through his paintings some more. He pulled out four new cards.
“Light, Lightning, Ice and Darkness,” he said, “With these, and the original four, you should be indestructible.”
InuYasha nodded with gratitude as he placed the new paintings, with the others, safe inside his kimono. He placed Tetsuaiga back in his sheath.
“Well what are we waiting for? Let's get Naraku!”