InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 1 Introductions
 
The stars were vibrant in the countryside of Japan, away from the excitement and blinding lights of Tokyo. Kagome stared up at them, hypnotized from her vantage point in the backseat of the convertible. `There's so many of them' she thought idly.
 
Kagome looked down the side of the mountain they were speeding alongside of and was awe-struck by the beautiful city below. The billions of colorful lights were just as, if not more beautiful to stare at than the stars.
 
The wind would have been calming and relaxing on her face, perfect for star gazing, if they weren't flying so fast down the winding road. Miroku and his lead foot of course.
 
Kagome rested her head against the side of her seat and just stared out. Tonight had been perfect. She'd had so much fun she was convinced this had been the best summer she'd had so far. Due to the fact that everyone close to her now had their license, save herself. She was depressed it all had to come to an end.
 
She knew when school started up again there wasn't going to be anymore spontaneous late night drives. There wasn't going to be any taking off for days at a time to her friend's house, or leaving at 10 p.m. to catch up with friends somewhere across town.
 
This was the last night of summer. On Monday she was going to be back in that same building. That same building she's resented for the past three years, with its boring walls and its boring monotone teachers. Ugh. Even the weekends now were going to be strictly homework and catching up on sleep, and it was moments like this that made Kagome feel so melancholy.
 
 
“Hi mom, I'm home!” Kagome greeted as she set all her bags of outfits and other girly necessities down in the chair next to the front door. Sango could be fun to shop around with but she took the `shop till you drop' too literally in her opinion, and Miroku's parents continually have faith that he won't total their precious convertible. Between the both of them Kagome's seen so little of her family she wouldn't be surprised if her mom had gotten remarried and her little brother Souta had grown a foot taller.
 
“Gees Kagome, where did you get all this stuff?” Souta cried as he made to dig in the bags.
 
“Hey, get out of there!” Kagome scolded snatching the bags away. “Never go digging through girls personal belongings!”
 
Souta huffed and folded his arms. “Why not, it's not like it could be anything important.” He grumbled. Kagome rolled her eyes. It was just like him to have to know about everything.
 
Then he turned back around and looked at Kagome incredulously, pointed a finger and shrieked. “You killed someone and now you're trying to hide their body parts!”
 
Kagome's eyes got big and she covered her mouth feigning guilty. “You know too much, and now you must die!” With that said Kagome dropped her bags and started chasing a screaming Souta around the house. She would have continued laughing and chasing him but unbeknownst to Kagome there was a little toy soldier lying right behind the table Souta had just maneuvered past. Kagome yelped; without looking down drew her foot up to hold onto, lost her balance and fell forward, right onto the hardwood floor.
 
: Sigh: `That's going to leave a mark.'
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
 
Loud music boomed out Hilary Duffs `With Love' in a remix and added bass while super models strutted their stuff in the world's craziest, skimpiest outfits known to mankind. The music could be heard from at least a mile away. Strobe lights of 5 different colors at the least blinked rapidly, shining and bouncing off the surface of the colorful, glittering and slick catwalk temporarily blinding everyone. 2 cameras flashed every second as a model approached the end to pose. Even brighter still were the lights that followed every model down the 100 foot runway.
 
Inuyasha could have sworn they use that kind of wattage to light up a football field.
 
Just then the music did a strange twist and somehow ended up in the middle of Nelly Furtado's `Maneater'. Was it just him or did the music get louder?
 
This was by far one of the bigger fashion shows he'd been too. Packed from wall to wall, there was no getting out unless he made for the runway and followed all the models out back. Since he had basically one of the best seats in the joint he got practically up close and personal with the models, easily being able to smell their sensual and fruity fragrances. In fact Inuyasha knew the only reason the models wore the fragrances was because of his kind, because of the fact that he was a hanyou, a half-dog demon with extremely heightened senses. Just then he wished for once he didn't have.
 
“Bonjour Inuyasha!” A beautiful if not slightly older woman screamed in his buzzing ear. Inuyasha screwed his eyes shut tight and ignored her before checking his awfully short temper. About a minute later he plastered on a bright, brilliant smile.
 
“Bonjour,” he called over his shoulder.
 
The woman gave him a perplexed look and asked “What!?” loudly in his ear. Aw man… irritated; his bad temper got the better of him.
 
Inuyasha was about to turn around and scream at the top of his lungs something the woman probably would've taken offense too when the music changed again and all the models were led out onto the runway by the fashion designer. So that was the end of that. Inuyasha chose to ignore the woman behind him completely in offer of getting one last look at all the skimpy models. One of which made a habit to wink at him every time she walked past. He already knew where his next destination was going to be.
 
Inuyasha looked up to see one of his agencies most popular models. Kikyou; actress, supermodel extraordinaire, and Ex-girlfriend, too one of the longest most significant relationships Inuyasha has ever held, for a whopping 9 months.
 
They're lives were just too big and took up too much of their time. Let's face it; Inuyasha's no ordinary guy, what with being the president of one of the Top modeling agencies in the world and all. He was going to continue dating the next best thing, which in the modeling world was about every month or so, sometimes shorter. Besides Kikyo was beginning to catch on to his little secret, and there'd be no explaining that one.
 
Stupid really, if he thought about it, thinking Kikyo could keep him satisfied… so long ago when he'd been young and naïve, when he'd wanted to tell her everything. Inuyasha almost laughed at the memory.