InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Ballad of Wilhelm Fink ❯ The Ballad of Wilhelm Fink ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"The Ballad Of Wilhelm Fink"
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or “The Ballad of Wilhelm Fink” by Green Day.
 
Summary: Kagome got a call from Inuyasha. He wanted her to meet him at the Berkeley Marina. She has liked him forever, so when the call comes she jumps on it. My first Song Fic so be nice. Sorry but the people are out of character for the song to work… if you don't like out of characterness then don't read it.
 
 
“Hey Kagome, meet me at the Berkeley Marina, this is Inuyasha. I'll be there at three AM.” Kagome listened to her voicemail again. She had lost count of how many times she had listened to the message.
 
“You hear that, Sango? Did you hear it? Inuyasha asked me out!”
 
“To go to the Berkeley Marina at three o'clock in the morning! Doesn't that sound even a wee bit suspicious?” Sango asked skeptically. “I know you've liked him for a long time, but that is kinda iffy.”
 
“I've loved him for three years! Now he realizes it and now we're going to be together! It will be perfect!” Kagome spun around like a little girl in a frilly dress.
 
“Okay… okay. I don't think he'd hurt you anyway. He may be a tough guy, but he isn't stupid. I've seen the way he looks at you too… he likes you back.”
 
Kagome looked at the floor. She hoped he did. Every time she liked a guy, he was always interested in someone else, someone prettier. This time Inuyasha liked her back, or so she hoped. Sango was right, it did sound suspicious, but Kagome didn't want to let herself care.

Said that I'd meet you
At the Berkeley Marina
3 AM when no one will be found

Inuyasha stood by his car. It wasn't anything spectacular, just an old beat up Ford from the Eighties. There was some wine in the cooler he had in the back seat of the blue two-door car with chipping paint.
 
“Do you think that she'll come?” Inuyasha asked the man with black hair that stood beside him in the vacant parking lot.
 
“My honest opinion? Yes. I can tell she likes you. The way she would stare at you when we were in high school, the way she avoided you at all costs, all tell tale signs of a girl in love,” answered the man.
 
“I hope you're right, Miroku, `cause if not then I've wasted a lot of money on this.” Inuyasha looked at his clock on the radio in the car. It read 2:45. “If I'm not going to be late then I better get going.” He stepped into his car and took off as Miroku waved.
 
Inuyasha got to the Berkeley Marina at exactly three o'clock. No one was there, just like he predicted, except for Kagome's red Chevy Cavalier.

All I got in mind
Is a Boone's Farm jug of wine
Smash a bottle in the parking lot
 
Kagome watched as his car pulled up. He stopped close to her and stepped out of the car. “Good to see you made it… I thought that this was hopeless…”
 
“Well… I've liked you for forever… I never thought you liked me back until I got the voicemail. Then, after that, I thought that maybe it was a sick joke…” Kagome looked at the black water. “It isn't, is it?”
 
“Of course not! I just thought that maybe we could get to know each other… become better acquainted, if you know what I mean,” he explained.
 
Kagome smiled. “Oh!” Inuyasha said. “I brought some wine. It isn't much and hell! I don't even know if you drink!”
 
“Never before… but for you… I think I can make an exception.” Her second pause was slight, but detectable.
 
Inuyasha moved in closer. This marina was his favorite place. He had never asked any woman to this spot; it was sacred to him and he couldn't share it with just anyone. It was the last place he seen his mother alive, and that was on their boat.
 
“You're back seat is a bit more roomy… you wanna have the `wine' in there?”
 
Kagome nodded, knowing that he didn't actually mean the wine he had bought. Of course they were going to drink some of it, but the intention of the night was beyond becoming friends and drinking some wine harmlessly on the marina. They both knew it; when he called, and when she showed.
 
He grabbed the wine out of the cooler, along with two glasses and joined her in the back seat of her car. They drank only two glasses apiece.
 
They had started to get undressed—Kagome's shirt as well as Inuyasha's—when a police officer tapped on the window. Their faces were red as the officer asked them to step out of the vehicle. They complied.
 
“Sir, Ma'am. Do you realize that you are trespassing?” They shook their heads `no'. “I didn't think so. Do you also realize that you were braking another law by the actions you were about to do, and with the consumption of alcohol?” Again `no'. “You'll both be coming down town with me. Now get your shirts on.”
 
Kagome and Inuyasha both grabbed their shirts. “Well ain't that a bitch?” he asked her. She laughed nervously as an answer.
 
Kagome had never put herself in a position to get herself arrested, and she had never dreamed of coming that close to having sex with Inuyasha in a marina. Oh, how cruel life could be.

But considering our luck
We'll get busted by the cops
Instead of sex we'll go to jail
Another lesson learned and failed
 
In the end, Kagome was glad that she went to the marina. Inuyasha was glad she came, too. After they were released from jail, they met again at the same place, same time, and finished what the police officer stopped the first time. The second time they went on his boat, though.

Said that I'd meet you
At the Berkeley Marina
3 AM when no one will be found

He brought the wine, and instead of drinking it, he smashed the bottle on the ground. It was best that way; alcohol and boats don't mix well.

All I got in mind
Is a Boone's Farm jug of wine
Smash a bottle in the parking lot
 
They didn't exactly learn their lesson, and they didn't exactly fail. They never got busted after the first time, and they went back on plenty of occasions. It is where they got married as well.

But considering our luck
We'll get busted by the cops
Instead of sex we'll go to jail
Another lesson learned and failed
 
Inuyasha had taken his notes well, for this is the Ballad of Wilhelm Fink.
 
 
This is my first song fic, so I hope you like it. If you don't like the song or the group, don't tell me about. I can't change either of them. Constructive criticism is always welcome; anything to make your reading and my writing better.