InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Birth of Love ❯ The Return of the Wolf ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuy asha pushed through the woods with Kagome at his side. He sniffed the air. "A wolf has been here...." A five-year old Kagome shrunk back behind Inuyasha.

"A--*gulp*- wolf?"

"Hai."

"Wwwill he eeat me?" Kagome stuttered, clinging on to Inuyasha's haori.

"No, just stay behind me."

"Hai." said the little girl in a squealy tone.

Inuyasha smiled Inwardly. 'He' had the privalage of caring for Kagome, raising her, and loving her, but now, it was starting to be more than in a brotherly way.

"Kagome, don't be scared." he said, walking deeper into the woods.

"Ii'm not."

"Don't lie."

"I'm not." her voice was stronger this time.

"Good."

"So, we meet again!" said a voice as a blue tornado appeared.

"YOU!" Inuyasha lunged at the form.

"Hai, me, and I came back to get Kagome just as I said I would."

"You have no right!"

"Neither do you Inu kuso!"

Kagome now knew exactly what that ment and dared not repeat it. She just stood behind Inuyasha as he had told her to.

"Kagome, go back to the village!" Inuyasha shouted. Kagome refused.

"No! I won't leave you!" she began to cry as she hugged him tighter.

"I'll be fine, but you don't need to see this sight!"

"Please don't kill him!"

They both stopped staring to look at Kagome. Her brown eyes were watering, and they both now felt really bad. Kouga stepped forward, "Don't worry. We won't fight." he said calmly.

Kagome looked to Inuyasha who growled, but then nodded, and she smiled. "Arigatou."

Inuyasha relaxed his clawed hands. "Now please leave."

Kouga ignored Inuyasha. "I am Kouga, and you are Kagome?"

Kagome nodded.

"Wow."

"Huh?"

"Wow."

Inuyasha couldn't take any more of Kouga. "STOP OGLING AND LEAVE!" he shouted, waving his arms up and down frantically as jealousy started to boil.

Kouga grinned at Inuyasha but left silently. When he was off into the distance, he whispered so only Inuyasha would hear. "I'll be back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~