InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Birth of Love ❯ A Stunned Hanyou and beginner's Reading ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sango smiled. She was about eight, with thick black hair that went to her lower back. She had on a dark blue dress that went to her knees. It was formal, yet not so formal that she couldn't play in it. , , Miroku was about nine, and he grinned wildly at Kagome, getting a growl from Inuyasha. Miroku turned his attention from Kagome to Inuyasha and smiled. Miroku wore a black robe and he had a tiny rat's tail, barely even long enough to pull back. . . "Hi! My name's Kagome." She said to Sango, who smiled and accepted the extended hand. . . "Hi, I'm Miroku." he said, smiling at Inuyasha still, "And that's Shippo." . . "Feh...." . . . "Inuyasha, 'try' to be nice." Kaede said. . . "Kagome, this is my brother, Kohaku." she said, pushing forward a shy boy about four. He was d ressed in a sandy beige color, and was smiling very shyly. . . "Hi Kohaku, nice to meet you." Kagome smiled. . . Kohaku returned the smile, but said nothing, just simply smiled and nodded.

"This is Inuyasha." Kagome smiled, pointing towards Inuyasha who had his arms crossed.

"Feh.."

Sango giggled. "Is he 'always' that grumpy?" she whispered to Kagome who nodded.

"Ok, now that everyone knows eachother, are you ready to learn to read?"

They all nodded, all except Inuyasha.

"Feh....." He was sistting in the corner with his arms crossed.

Kagome shot him a sad look, and he straightened up.

Kaede pulled out several old papers, and handed one to each.

"What do we do with these?" Inuyasha asked.

"She's going to teach you to read it." Miroku whispered, "So just hang on to it."

"Feh....."

"Ok, Sango, since you, Miroku, Shippo, and Kohaku already know some, why don't you read to yourselves while I help Inuyasha and Kagome?"

They all nodded, and Kaede walked up between Inuyasha and Kagome, and sat down.

"Ok...Kagome, may I see your paper?" Kagome nodded and handed Kaede the paper. "Now then, you see this letter?" she asked glancing at Kagome who nodded once more, "This letter sounds like ....the 'a' in apple, the next letter is an 'n', now what does the word say?"

"An?"

"Very good, now the next letter is an 'i', which................."

Inuyasha just about fell asleep listening to this, but instead, he let his mind his wonder. 'Kagome's been with me since......I can remember....I've raised her, and I've loved her, but now.........I feel....different......" he thought with a blank expression on his face. 'Wonder what this feeling is? All I know is I don't like it. It's causing me to think too much.' . . Then something brought him back to reality. . .. "Inuyasha?!" Miroku shouted, and out of reflexes, Inuyasha jumped and smacked Miroku. . . "OW!" . . "Miroku, Inuyasha didn't mean to...." Kagome tried to comfort as she walked up to Miroku to examine the bump. Miroku, (as he did in the actual series), tried to take advantage of this and hug her. "EEP!" Kagome shouted when her and Miroku were almost nose to nose. . . Inuyasha growled. "Let go of her!" . . Sango and Kohaku laughed to themselves watching this hilarious sight.

In fear, Miroku let go, and Kagome ran behind Inuyasha, who smiled inwardly.

Kaede sighed. "Well, that's all for today then..."

They all ran out of the hut, and Kagome stopped to say thank you to Kaede, and they were off home, but Sango called from behind. "Hey, Kagome!?"

Kagome turned around. "Hai?"

"Wanna come over and play later?!"

Kagome looked at Inuyasha, her eyes filled with hope.

"Feh....if that's what you want to do, but I'm going with you."

Kagome squealed and hugged him. "Arigatou!" She then turned back to Sango, "Hai!"

"Ok, come on then!"

Inuyasha quickly picked Kagome up and ran after Sango and the rest of the group.

Kagome just lay somewhat stunned while Inuyasha lept after Sango, but a smile slowly began to form on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter is where the prayer beads come in.....and no, they WON'T BE on Inuyasha, or Kouga for that matter, so just think about it.....very very carefully....