InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission Five ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Strong arms cradled him as the wind whipped by, sending his hair flying. Inuyasha opened his eyes to see NatsuMaru leaning over him, the captain's face set with determination. His senses told him they were alone and moving farther away from where he'd last seen his father.
 
“Where's Father?” he whispered. The youkai guard spared him a brief glance. If he'd been surprised to see him awake, Inuyasha couldn't tell. The seven-thousand-year-old warrior had an uncanny knack for keeping things hidden.
 
“With Sesshomaru and the others, my Lord. The demon slayers were right on our trail so your father had me retreat to take you to safety . . . They're going to be confronting your mother and the slayers for what happened to you.”
 
“What?!” He tried to sit up but NatsuMaru held him tight.
 
“Relax, my Lord. You're safe and that's all that matters to them at this moment.”
 
“But . . .”
 
“I have my orders, Lord Inuyasha. Though you may be the new Lord, I dare not disobey your father. Not where you're concerned. Let him breathe easier with the knowledge that you're safe as he confronts Izayoi. It's what he wants.”
 
“Very well,” he whispered, his face contorting with concern. He didn't like this. Not one little bit.
 
`Please . . . just let them return home safely, Kami. They're very dear to me . . . let them come home safe . . . that's all I ask.'