InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ A New Enemy... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Anika: Hey! This is azn-sakura17's FIRST attempt at an Inuyasha fic. Where Rei and me (OC) meet Inuyasha and his friends!
 
Rei:...
 
Anika: SHUT UP, REI!
 
Rei: I didn't say anything.
 
Anika: Suuurrreee.
 
Kagome: Come one, Anika. You overreact too much.
 
Anika: DO NOT!
 
Bankotsu: Shut up!
 
Jakotsu: Yay! The Shichinintai are in here too!
 
Inuyasha: Uhh...
 
Jakotsu: -Gasp- Inuyasha! I lllloooovvveee you!
 
Inuyasha: Shut your face!
 
Sango: Please R&R.
 
Miroku: Oh, yes. -Touches Sango's butt- azn-sakura17 does not own Inuyasha...
 
Sango: -SLAP!- Hentai!
 
Kirara: Mew!
 
Shippo: Let's get on with the fic. Shall we?
 
 
The Darkness Within Our Hearts - Chapter 01: A New Enemy.
 
My name is Kagome Higerashi. A 15 year old girl attending junior high school. I live in a shrine in Tokyo with my mama, little brother. Sota. And of course my loving grandpa.
 
"I'm sorry. Kagome is in a coma today..." Grandpa said in the background on the phone.
 
But he does make lame excuses for my friends and to the school.
 
"Oogi-san! Stop making lame excuses for my friends!" Kagome snapped. But grandpa just chuckled as he scratched the back of his head.
 
"Hey, Nee-chan! Did you hear about the girl who went missing? She's been gone for about 10 years now!" The small raven haired boy named Sota announced. "And they still think she's alive!"
 
"I have to get going Sota. Inuyasha and the others are waiting for me." Kagome stated and packed up the rest of the boxed lunches into her VERY LARGE yellow bag.
 
"Here's one more dear." Kagome's mother smiled and handed one more black box to Kagome.
 
"Arigatou-gozaimasu, ooka-san!" Kagome smiled and closed her bag and lifted it up with much difficulty and swug it over her shoulders.
 
"Ittekimasu!" Kagome announced and closed the sliding door behind her, and entered a small shrine with an old well in the center. Kagome jumped into the dry well, entering a blue light.
 
Oh I almost forgot! Inside the shrine is a well called the Bone-Eaters Well. It is some kind of dimension that brings me 500 years into the past! The feudal era of Japan is filled with many youkais and people with evil within their hearts.
 
Kagome climbed out of the old well, and grabbed a pink bike resting agianst a tree, jumping on the pink device. The raven-haired girl rode down the dirt path towards a small village.
 
In this era, I'm on a mission to collect all the shards of the Shikon Jewel, which I kinda acciedently broke. Getting the shards also means preventing a demon named Naraku from achieving his goal, Oh! And I also have my friends to accompany me on this exciting journey!
 
"I'm back!" Kagome announced as she ran up to her friends.
 
"Okaeri nasai! Kagome-chan." A female greeted with a warm smile.
 
"Mew!" A small two-tailed cat agreed in delight.
 
This is Sango. Sango is a youkai exterminator. Her village was destroyed by Naraku. Her brother Kohaku was killed along with all the other exterminators. Sango used a skikon shard to stay alive. She was tricked by Naraku into thinking Inuyasha destroyed her village. Well she found out the truth and is seeking revenge against Naraku with Inuyasha, Shippo, Miroku, and me! Sango also has a a small two-tailed cat named Kirara, but in battle Kirara tranforms into a big youkai cat and fights along side with Sango.
 
"Ah. Kagome I see you've returned and safely too, thank the gods." A man holding a staff and dressed in black robes of budda.
 
"Yup! And I've brought my moms special lunch for everyone!"
 
"Yay! Kagome your the best!" Smiled a small youkai fox.
 
Miroku is a monk...well he should act like a monk more often. You see, he is well...a perverted monk. He always touches a womens butt and asks them to bear his child. He has a good reason for his actions though. His ancestor was cursed by Naraku and had to live with an air void in his right hand that could suck up anything. But sooner or later the air void in his hand will suck him up. When Miroku's ancestor was cursed so was all of his descendants, including Miroku. The reason Miroku is perverted and always asks a pretty girl to bear his child is because if he is sucked up by his own air void before he can defeat Naraku he wants his son to do it or anyone else for that matter to lift the curse.
 
And this is Shippo. Shippo is a very young fox youkai. Shippo's father was killed by The Thunder Brothers, Hiten and Mantan. He can make duplicates of himself, transform into things, or play tricks by using fox magic. He often helps the injured and his crew with Kirara.
 
"Mmmm. Kagome this rice ball is delicious!" Sango said and took another bit of the rice ball.
 
"Thanks! My mom's cooking is the greatest!" Kagome turned her attention to the man in red. "How do you like it Inuyasha?"
 
I almost forgot! This is Inuyasha, a hanyou. As a child he wasn't accepted by humans nor youkai. Inuyasha fell in love with a miko named Kikyo 50 years ago, but Naraku set a trap to turn them both against each other. And his plan worked. Inuyasha was scealed to a tree with an arrow pierced into his heart, and Kikyo died on the same day. But now Inuyasha was awoken from the seal and is out after Naraku, just as much as the rest of us.
 
"Well Inuyasha? Do you like it?" Kagome asked again.
 
Inuyasha gave Kagome a slight glare and continued to munch down all the food. Kagome was about to ask again but was interupted.
 
"Where is it?" Inuyasha asked.
 
"W-where's what?" Kagome blinked.
 
"You know what I mean..." Inuyasha said as he crawled over to Kagome's yellow bag and screach through it, until he found what he was searching for. "Ha! This is it!" The hanyou pulled out a cup of instant ramen.
 
Kagome gave an evil glare at Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha can be an asshole sometimes...
 
"Uh oh. They're gonna fight again." Shippo mumbled to Kirara, making her 'mew' in agreement and began to nibble on a peice of meat given by Sango.
 
Kagome walked over to her bike and hopped on. "Hey Kagome! Where are ya' going? Boil up some water will ya'?" Inuyasha shouted at Kagome.
 
"Inuyasha..." Kagome growled through her teeth. "Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! Oswari! OSWARI!" Kagome yelled. And each time Kagome said that word, it sent Inuyasha face first into the ground.
 
"Inuyasha you asshole!" Kagome yelled again before storming off with her pink bike.
"Who saw that coming?" Sango asked with sarcasim in her voice.
 
"D-damn it!" Inuyasha cursed and tried to get up.
 
"Inuyasha...don't you ever consider her feelings?" Miroku sighed. "Huh?"
 
"Houshi-sama? What is it?" Sango asked.
 
"I...sense Jaki..." Miroku stated. "Very powerful Jaki."
 
Inuyasha stood up and dusted himself off. "Ah. I can also smell blood...lots of it."
 
Everyone got their belongings and started to head towards a smokey village. "What about Kagome!" Shippo asked.
 
"Forget her! We'll get her later!" Inuyasha yelled and quickened his pace.
 
"Could it be the Shichinintai?" Sango asked as she rode on Kirara.
 
"No...this is the work of a youkai!" Miroku said.
 
Inuyasha stopped running and looked at his surroundings. An empty burned down village with many corpses lying around and blood scattered everywhere. But nearby a large rock sat a girl in red...
 
She girl in red turned her attention to Inuyasha and gang. "Oh? You must be Inuyasha..."
 
oo.
 
The snow blasted across the desolate mountainside. Not many people would be out at such a time, but certain...professions required it. You wouldn't see him unless you looked extremely hard, an impossible task in such weather. Bankotsu stole across the snowbound slope. He was not a heartless person, but he had to be a little cold-blooded for the task he was supposed to perform. The alpine village was quiet and his target resided in the village. Bankotsu drew his weapon, a Halberd bigger then himself. He ran towards the village.
 
"I'm the only person that gets the hard bloody targets." Muttered Bankotsu.
 
oo.
 
A young girl with long raven hair was roused from sleep by a vague feeling of unease. She got up and gathered her belongings. Then she reached over and picked up her Katana, and put it through her red sash around her waist, keeping it at her side. Before she started walking, she wiped her blade with a rag and sheathed it. Then she started walking. She was dressed simply in loose-fitting white and black with bits of red cotton robe, tied with a red cotton belt. Her hair was tied back in a high ponytail that reached down to her waist. The young girl had left her village, high in the mountains of the country of Xiamen, because she had felt the wanderlust take her. She had crossed the borders of Xiamen into the country of Larest. Larest was a country covered by forests, separated by large valleys, which, generally, contained its cities and towns. One reason Larest was so populous and wealthy was because of the Great Highway. The Great Highway stretched from the Xiamen border gate to the Amoren Pass, cutting a swathe through Larest.
 
She had slept on the side of the Great Highway.
 
As she walked, a caravan of gypsies hailed the samurai. "Hey...Hey! You! Samurai! Want a lift?"
 
She turned her head to look at the gypsies "No thanks, I prefer walking. Besides, who knows where you're going?" She laughed briefly, a warm, heartfelt sound. She turned, sighed, and walked on down the wide paved road.
 
End of chapter 01.
 
Anika: Oooh! I'm in the scene!
 
Bankotsu: That's it? You see no more of ME!
 
Rei: It's not a bad start...
 
Kagome: Ha! I thought it was so funny when I told Inuyasha to "OSWARI!"
 
Inuyasha: -Falls face first into ground- KAGOME!
 
Kagome: Oops! Gomen! Gomen!
 
Suikotsu: We're not even in this yet.
 
Jakotsu: Not fair...
 
Renkotsu: Ditto...
 
Ginkotsu: Geshhi!
 
Mukotsu: Hey! At least your IN the fic.!
 
Kyoukutsu: Yeh! We're already dead!
 
Jakotsu: That's what you get when you get killed off so early in the episodes...ha!
 
Mukotsu and Kyoukutsu: Shut up, Jakotsu!
 
Translation:
 
Oogi-san - Grandpa.
 
Nee-chan - Older sister.
 
Arigatou-Gozaimasu - Thank you very much.
 
Gomen - I'm sorry.
 
Ooka-san - Mother.
 
Ittekimasu - A phrase you sa before you leave the house. In other words "I'm leaving."
 
Youkai - Demon.
 
Okaeri nasai - Welcome back.
 
Miko - Priestess.
 
Hanyou - Half demon.
 
Ramen - Instant noodles.
 
Oswari - Sit.
 
Houshi-sama - Monk.
 
Jaki - Evil engery, evil arua, ect.
 
Hentai - Pervert.
 
Shinchinintai - Seven Man Army.
 
Halberd - A halberd is a two handed pole weapon that came to prominent during the 14th and 15th centuries..
 
Katana - The katana is the Japanese sabre or longsword, although many Japanese use this word generically as a catch-all word for sword.