InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ Blood Thirst ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
"Consider everything important to you...nothing more then a dead dream..."
-Rei Aiyanamei.
 
The Darkness Within Our Hearts - Chapter 13: Blood Thirst.
 
Anika got into a fighting stance. A smirk curled on the end of her lips, her red eyes narrowed dangerously. "Show me what the great 'Sesshomaru-sama' can do." Anika chuckled, putting alot of sarcasm when saying Sesshomaru's name.
 
"..." Sesshomaru didn't say anything but held his sword forward, ready for strike at any time. But Anika looked disappointed.
 
"Aww...the silent type, eh? Your cute but I think you need to lighten up abit." Anika blinked, then Sesshomaru appeared not to be there? Her red eyes widened. "He's gone. Did he run away?" Anika then suddenly swirled around and caught a striking blade with her hand.
 
"Whoa! He's fast! Guess I'll have to fight with everything I've got!" Anika thought and jump back making some distance with her opponent. She lifted her hand and examined it. A deep cut laid in the middle, from holding Sesshomaru's sword.
 
She stuck her bottem lip. "Owie...that hurt..." She pouted in a innocent tone and licked the blood on her hand. "Your not as boring as I thought...let's play some more...!"
 
Anika dashed forward and sent a series of kicks and punches at the silver haired demon. Sesshomaru easily dodged all of Anika's attacks, and used the tip of his sword and sliced Anika across the chest. But bits of her clothes only shredded.
 
"I only hit her clothes?" Sesshomaru thought, with a calm face.
 
"Whew! That was a close one! Don't you think so, Sesshu-chan?"
 
"SESSHU-CHAN! JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE VERMON!" Jaken popped out behind a rock and shreaked at Anika for her rude behavior towards Sesshomaru.
 
Anika scratched the back of her head. "Who's little?"
 
"WHY YOU-"
 
"Jaken!" Sesshomaru called. Jaken nodded and hid away again. "I say we finish this..."
 
Anika smiled. "My thoughts exactly!"
 
oo.
 
"What the heck is that! Two giant chickens!" Inuyasha asked pointing a finger at the large demons.
 
"WE'RE PEIGINS! PEI-G-INS!" The grey and blue peigin squaked.
 
"YES! WE'ER...THE PEIGIN BROTHERS!" The grey and red peigin chooed. "I'M TOE! AND MY BROTHER IS NAMED...NAILS!"
 
Next thing you know...the whole Inuyasha gang burst into laughter.
 
"T-Toe! And...N-Nails! Hahaha! Put those together that makes TOE-NAILS! Hahaha!" Miroku laugh while holding his stomach. "Oh God! It hurts!"
 
"Toe-Nails? That's digusting!" Inuyasha laughed and Kagome giggled.
 
"What kind of name is THAT for a demon!" Sango laughed.
 
"You must be REALLY pathetic!" Shippo added in. "Either that or your parents must of hated you or something like that!" The whole gang couldn't stop laughing, it angered the Peigin Brothers.
 
"GRR! STOP LAUGHING!" Toe screeched. Flying into the air along with his brother.
"Heh. Looks like they've gotten serious." Inuyasha grinned and unsheath his Tetsusaiga. "This should be interesting."
 
The Peigins Brothers flew into the air and with a flap of thier giant wings, a big gust of wind filled the area.
 
oo.
 
Rei's dark magenta eyes widened, and she felt herself running to little Karen's side. Gently picking up her tiny body, and shaking her slightly. "Hey! Hey! Pull yourself together! Come on, Karen! Please open your eyes!"
 
Karen eyes opened slightly. "O...Onee-c...chan..." She said weakly and coughed out some blood. Her brown eyes were no longer filled with life and hope, they were the eyes of horror and sorrow...
 
"What happened here?" Rei asked in a worried tone, and cleaned some of the dirt off her face.
 
"...a...man...with a helber- agh!" Karen coughed out an enormous amount of blood this time. She was in so much pain.
 
"Hang in there Karen! Your gonna be alright!" Rei spoke, and began to use her miko powers so heal Karen's wounds.
 
"O...Onee-chan...it hurts..." She whispered, fresh hot tears running downing face. "Am...am I g-gonna die?"
 
"No! I'll save you, Karen! I'm not gonna let you die like my brother did!" Rei said squeezing her hand slightly.
 
Karen put on a small weak smile. "I-it's too...late...Onee-chan..."
 
"Karen!"
 
"I...I..." She whispered in so much pain. "I...love...you...O...nee..chan..."
 
S
 
I
 
L
 
E
 
N
 
C
 
E
 
Rei felt Karen's small hand in hers gone cold. Her eyes had gone emotionless and blank. She knew...Karen was now dead. The raven haired girl stood up silently.
 
"I'm sorry Karen..." Rei whispered. "I let you down when you needed me most...just like my brother..."
 
.: Flash Back :.
 
Rei's POV
 
It was back when I lived in my origanal time...I've lived peacefully. My little brother...Leon. I loved him so much. But one day, my mother came home drunk. She gave me beatings and threw things at me...I couldn't stand it anymore so I ran away and left Leon alone.
 
Later that night when I came home. The front door was wide open, and everything was knocked over and broken.
 
I heard a scream coming from upstairs...
 
My mother was screaming...
 
I ran as fast as I could up the stairs, and as soon as I reached the top, the screaming stopped. A saw...a man...a man holding a knife soaked with blood. On the floor laid my mother covered in many deep cuts and her throat sliced open, and my brother whos body hung on the wall...being held up with a knife to the neck.
 
The man turned to me, and stared into my eyes with blood thirsty ones.
 
I screamed a bloody scream and ran down the stairs with him following me close behind. I was never so scared in my entire life.
 
I ran down the streets and he still chased, as if he were in a game for fun. No matter how loud I screamed...no one came...
 
I ran up a flight of stairs and came up to a temple, I needed to hide...anywhere! So I shut myself into a small shrine. I peeked through the crack of the door and the man still searched. My heart was pounding in and out of my chest, I swear that he could hear it.
 
He smelled my fear...heard my whimpers and advanced to the shrine in which I hid in. He opened the doors, my voice wouldn't come out... I couldn't cry for help.
 
I lost my footing and fell down a small case of stairs, he laughed in amusment. And licked the blade he used to kill my mother with.
 
I slowly got up with the support of...a well? I realized i had sprained my ankle. I had no where to run, no where to hide.
 
I didn't want to die.
 
I wanted to live.
 
I then felt my body move on it's own and tumbled into the well behind me. It was dark...and cold.
 
When I awoken again, I found myself begining cared for by an old woman with a black eye patch over her left eye. She smiled and told I've been asleep for 7 days, and she asked for my name.
 
I didn't speak. Not after the horror I've seen and experienced. I...shut my mind off from everyone and the world.
 
My thoughts brought meback to that night...
 
...and I remembered how all I could do was scream...I...I was such a coward...
 
And now...I let someone else down...because I ran away...
 
.: End Flash Back :.
 
Normal POV
 
"A man with a halberd did this, huh? There's only one man I know that could've done this..." Rei felt a burning rage in her chest and only these words flashed in her eyes.
 
KILL.
 
End of Chapter 13.
 
Bankotsu: Ooo. Looks like I'm in for it.
 
Rei: Hmm...I hate all this dramatic stuff I'm doing...I'd be better off killing someone.
 
Anika: Oh. There will be plently of that.
 
Rei: Look forward to the next chapter...
 
Bankotsu: Review.