InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Demon Inside ❯ The Heart Inside ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Demon Inside:
 
AN: thank you again for the few reviews that I got…
As you can see I will be updating more often because it's summer and aside from my job (part time)… I have no life…
 
Enough about my life (or lack thereof)
 
ON WITH THE STORY<33333!!!!!!!!
 
 
Chapter 5:The Heart Inside the Demon
 
Sango woke up on the cold terrace floor feeling as if a boulder had just rolled over her.
 
“Kagome…” she muttered looking aimlessly around the terrace. Something was amiss…
 
“I feel terribly guilty, Sango... I feel so… dirty.” Kagome shivered. “I must confess… but… how would the Lord react to this, you think.”
 
“KAGOME!!!”
 
In place of where Kagome was standing just the evening before, a piece of silk waving in the wind. On it was the symbol of the Wolf.
 
She could feel her fluctuating pulse echo in her head. She was supposed to take care of Kagome. Lord Inu Yasha had entrusted her with his future wife specifically because of her Taijiya lineage, which meant that she would act as a bodyguard of sorts. Furthermore, Kagome was the closest thing that Sango ever had to a friend. In between her feelings of worry for her friend's life was the fear for her own life. Inu Yasha was spiteful and horrible. She had heard stories of the Demon Lord Inu Yasha slaughtering, many servants in a frenzy of anger. Inu Yasha was sure to be angry about this.
 
Suddenly there was a knock at the door.
 
Shakily she opened the door.
 
“What's wrong Sango?”
 
Sango knew that voice. That voice that would make anyone crumble to their knees, especially with a guilty conscience, and with all the pressure in her mind building in her head, it was hard to stay so calm and aloof, as she had been taught to do in situations like this. She collapsed onto her knees in a fit of tears.
 
“Oh, Lord Inu Yasha…” she sobbed “I tried, I-I-I Didn't see it coming…”
 
“See WHAT woman?” Inu Yasha snarled. “Where's Kagome???”
 
“I-I DON'T KNOW!!” Sango couldn't bear to look at the Demon, his eyes flaring in hate.
 
“WHAAAAAAAATT?!?!” Sango saw his eyes flash red—Off and on, off and on.
 
Remembering the piece of silk she took his hand in a gesture of redemption and placed it there. Inu Yasha tore from her grip tossing her to the floor. Taking a look at the cloth he read the symbol.
 
“The Wolf…” vengeance dripped from every syllable. His eyes flashed red once again in fury. The energy exploding inside him flared inside and out. He tore off the door with a single roar.
 
Screaming in terror, Sango huddled as far back as she could against the wall, covering her head from the bits of shattering glass. And then Inu Yasha turned to her.
 
“Wolf…” he growled
 
His eyes bled a horrible shade of red. A wrath of unsettling retribution echoed off his demonic aura wrapped Sango in a noose of horror. She knew this was coming. Getting up from her pitiful position, she rebuilt herself to her knees, ready to reconcile her sins. She looked to the heavens, to say her prayers.
 
“INU YASHA STOP!!” called a voice from down the hall in a frenzy of blue light. In quick seconds, Inu Yasha was pummeled to the ground, a talisman shimmering on his head.
 
“That was a close one…” Miroku sighed. “Are you alright Sango?”
 
Sango was on the floor with stale tears and a mortified look on her face. “Wh…What happened?”
 
“No worry. Inu Yasha was pushed into full-demon form.” Miroku calmly stated “he gets like that when he's really mad.” Sango continued to cry.
 
Even when she cries, she's still the most beautiful
 
“By the way, Sango, what did you do to get Inu Yasha so—“
 
“KAGOME'S GONE!!!” She blurted
 
Ah... that might do it…
 
“I failed Kagome!!!” Sango continued. “I failed the Lord, but I failed KAGOME!!” more sobs followed before she buried her face in her hands. “And she was so nice to me…”
 
Miroku couldn't help but feel compassion for Sango's noble heart. She didn't seem all too concerned about dying at the hands of Inu Yasha, but rather the safety of Kagome. The fact that she had failed Kagome troubled her so much. Miroku reached over Sango and hugged her allowing her to pour all her tears. While Inu Yasha dreamed.
 
~*~
Kagome
 
She sat in a lovely red Kimono by the riverside. There was no moon this night. And she waited.
He approached her in his meager human form and she smiled at him. “Inu Yasha” she said. The sound of her voice was so comforting, like a mother's lullaby. And it was so sweet like the morning dew on the first day of spring—not that Inu Yasha really paid attention to those things—really.
 
He neared her inching for another taste of her lips. Willingly complying she neared him too. Heavy-lidded, Inu Yasha gave into his emotions and closed his eyes. And soon he found himself kissing a piece of cloth. Pulling back in a state of shock he looked at the cloth reading that godforsaken symbol of the Wolf. The ink still staining his lips tasted like blood—Wolf blood.
 
“Wolf… wolf…” muttered Inu Yasha groggily in a state of resurgence. The spell of the talisman was wearing off. It was a special spell invented by Miroku that was powerful enough to put the demon Inu Yasha to sleep and gradually have him revert back to the old obnoxious, hot-headed self.
 
Inu Yasha awoke in his room but he was not alone. Miroku and Sango sat there in front of his fireplace.
 
“Oh, Lord Inu Yasha…” she sobbed “I tried, I-I-I Didn't see it coming…”
“See WHAT woman?” Inu Yasha snarled. “Where's Kagome???”
“I-I DON'T KNOW!!”
 
Kagome was gone. And Sango was no match for whoever it was that kidnapped her. Once again that dreaded word rang in his ears—The Wolf. A strong pack they were, but only because of their numbers. One wolf alone, Inu Yasha knew he could tear to pieces. And one wolf was all he would need to tear apart—His rival Kouga. No doubt he would want his wife just for the sake of pissing Inu Yasha off. No doubt he would try to defile Kagaome.
 
Defile
 
That's what he promised Kagome's grandfather he would protect her from— Defilation. And now, the one day he leaves the grounds, blinking only once, Kouga strikes.
 
And for once in Inu Yasha's life, he felt that he had failed.
 
He failed Kojii, Souta and most of all Kagome…
~*~
“Is Lord Inu Yasha crying?” asked Sango.
 
Miroku looked back at the sleeping Hanyou. He was likely exhausted from the morning before. It was late afternoon now; in fact the sun was beginning to set. Inu Yasha would not wake until morning.
 
“I think it's about time we take our leave Sango,” Miroku directed.
 
“You never answered my question, Houshi,” demanded Sango, curious if the infamous demon Lord really had a heart. “Is Lord Inu Yasha crying?”
 
“His wife, the one woman he ever cared for has just been snatched away from him. I'd cry too.” Houshi answered careful to close the door behind them.
 
“What about his mother?” Sango inquired.
 
“She died in childbirth, and his father died soon after...” Miroku paused. “Heartbreak is a terrible disease you know.”
 
Sango nodded in understanding.
 
Even demons have hearts…
 
AN: Okay so it's not exactly that much longer than the previous chappie… but there's more a-comin'!!!
 
So sit tight…
And prepare for what will happen next on
THE DEMON INSIDE!!!!
 
Anifreakangel… OUT!!!
 
P.S… review