InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The End ❯ The Death ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The End

A One-Shot by SnowLion no Miko

~*~

Disclaimer: I don`t own Inuyasha or any of it`s characters they belong to the great Rumiko Takahashi.

~*~

Blood. Everywhere there was blood as I fell to the ground. Naraku had just stabbed me and the sword went through my stomach and out my back. Kohaku stood by his side. My one and only little brother, I loved him so much.

I opened my eyes and saw Inuyasha pull out the Tetsusaiga and charge at Naraku, "You bastard!!" He yelled; rage clearly visibly in his golden eyes. Miroku drew his staff and whirled it around, deflecting the barrage of poison insects coming toward him.

Miroku.

It was becoming harder to breathe. I steadied my gasps for air and tried to remain alive for a few minutes longer as I remembered everything that had happened to us.

Memories of Kagome, Inuyasha, Shippo, Kohaku, Father, and of course Miroku.

Especially Miroku.

Kagome. You are a nice and genuinely kind and caring person. Thank you for being my best friend though the good times and bad. You always gave me a shoulder to cry on. You always gave a lending ear to listen to whatever anyone had to say. But you could defend yourself as well.

Shippo. Such a sweet little fox demon. Doesn`t have a selfish bone in his body. Don`t lose you innocence, it`s what separates you from this cruel world.

Inuyasha. The hot-tempered hanyou. You would do anything to protect Kagome. Don`t let your feelings for her go unnoticed. I can tell she loves you as much as you love her. Even if you`re too stubborn to admit it.

Kirara. My loyal friend. My partner in battle. I shall never forget how helpful you have been to me and the others.

Father. Thank you for teaching me all the tricks and trades of the demon slayer. I was heartbroken when I saw you killed right in front of my eyes. I love you as much as a daughter can love a father.

Kohaku. My dear, sweet little brother. Kohaku, you were always such a tenderhearted boy. I was shocked when you killed father and the other demon slayers. But I didn`t hate you. It was Naraku that I hated with such a passion. That passion fueled my desire for revenge. I was going to avenge you no matter what, but I have failed.

Miroku. The lecherous monk that just happened to steal my heart. And you didn`t know it, did you? Of course you were handsome and had a great personality too. I care for you more than I do myself.

I touched my stomach and saw that blood covered my hand. Kagome and Shippo came rushing over to me, worried looks on their faces.

"Sango!" Kagome cried with tears clouding her eyes. "Sango! Please stay with us!"

"Ka…go…me…" I winced. "I...am…dieing."

"No you can`t!" She shouted, letting the tears fall freely down her cheeks.

"So…rry…" I said. "Miroku… is he….al…right?"

"Yes…he`s fine." Kagome said. "I`ll get him for you…Miroku!!" She yelled over toward him.

"Damn it!" I could hear Inuyasha yell. "He got away!"

Miroku came running to my side, his dark blue eyes filled with worry. "Sango," He said once he got near me. He collapsed to his knees beside me and held me up so I could look directly into his eyes. "You`re bleeding. Here let me.."

I cut him off. "It`s no use Miroku, I`m going to die. I`ve lost so much blood." I was on the verge of bursting into tears. A pool of my own blood surrounded me. I smiled a defeated smile.

"Sango, you can`t die!" Miroku started crying.

"I…" I began, but I was interrupted by his lips pressed on mine. It was a light kiss, but filled with passion. He pulled away and said. "Sango, I…"

"Miroku, I`ve wanted to say these words for a while." I smiled warmly despite my condition. I didn`t have much time, I was growing weaker by the second and my eyes were heavy. But I wasn`t going to die. Not yet. I wasn`t going to leave this world without saying the words that I`ve longed to say. The words that tugged at my heart for a long time. I cupped Miroku`s cheek in my hand.

"I love you, Miroku." I could see the sad look on his face right before my eyes closed.

And my heart stopped beating.

~*~

Please R&R!!

~*~