InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Fire Whithin Ice ❯ A Father's Embrace ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: A Father's Embrace
When the girl awoke, she was no in the forest. She was on a small bed and she had been bandaged. As she looked around, she saw it was morning and that she was in a cozy looking room. The walls were beige and there was a simple chest of clothes, a small mirror and a small case of books. On the small table beside her was a yukata*. It was blue with a pink sash and cherry blossoms at the bottom. The girl put on the yukata and carefully folded her bed sheets. As she stepped out of the room, she saw a garden and heard laughter from the garden. She carefully ducked behind a bush and saw a man, a woman, and 2 children. The man had white hair that was long and tied in a ponytail. He had green marking on his face and he looked tall and kind. The woman had long black hair and kind brown eyes. One of the children had long white hair like the man, had purple markings, and looked about 12. The other boy also had long white hair and had amber eyes. He also had cute dog-ears on the top of his head. The whole family was laughing and full of happiness. How she envied them! Suddenly the man looked at the bush she was behind and said, “I know you're there. Come out!” The girl flinched at his voice, and then slowly came out. The 2 boys stopped playing to stare at her as she slowly went to the man. He gently put his rough hands on her shoulders as he started to study her. This girl had long black hair that reached to her knees and it was streaked with silver. She had crimson eyes and a silver dragon tattoo on her neck. Her eyes showed hurt, betrayal, and sadness. Then he said gently, “What is your name?” “My name is Kairi Uzumaki,” The girl said in a silvery quiet voice. “Kairi, that means full moon, doesn't it?” the man asked. “Kairi, that's a good name.” Then he hugged her. Kairi felt strange. She felt like she was with her father, safe and content. But her mind screamed what are you doing! You are a forbidden child! Suddenly, Kairi knocked away the man's hands and started to back away. “What are you doing?! Why did you do that? You can't touch me! I am forbidden!” she stuttered. The man looked confused, and the woman asked, “Why are you forbidden?” “I am a forbidden child. I am fire and ice. I am a half fire and half ice demon. I was thrown out of my village, being called a monster and freak! I was despised by demos calling me half breed,” yelled Kairi as she started to back away again. The boy with the dog-ears barked a little. Then the man spoke. “I don't care if you're forbidden. I think you are no different then the rest of us.” “That's what Itachi said, and look what happened to him! He was murdered!” sobbed Kairi as tears began to fall down her face. The woman instantly ran over to comfort the girl. As Kairi's sobs began to quiet down, the man spoke. “ Kairi, I would like to adopt you.” “But! But! I'm a...” stuttered Kairi as the kind woman gently put a finger to Kairi's lips. “We had a nice talk and my wife and I decided that even if you were human or demon, we would adopt you,” said the woman in a warm voice. “Kairi, just because you are a forbidden child, that doesn't mean you should waste your life away,” the woman said as she embraced Kairi. Kairi thought a long time about it. Her parents would have been so happy, so she said, “Yes”. The man suddenly scooped Kairi into a tight hug, saying, “My name is InuTashio, and that is my wife Izomiya,” the man pointed to the kind brown-eyed woman. “These are my 2 sons: Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.” Inuyasha was the one with the dog-ears and Sesshomaru was the one with pointed ears. Inuyasha was 9 and Sesshomaru was 13. Kairi was 8. Kairi then ran off to play with her new family.
 
 
-2 Years Later-
Kairi was sobbing in her brothers' arms as she saw the 2 graves side by side. This was the 2nd time she had lost a father and mother. Her mother Izomiya had died 1st. she had been murdered by Yamataki, a former suitor of Izomiya. He had been jealous of InuTashio and had been enraged at Izomiya having a half-demon child (Ya know, the if-I-don't-get-her-no-one-will revenge?). InuTashio had in turn been enraged as he attacked the fortress of Yamataki. He had succeeded defeating Yamataki, but had been hit by a poisoned arrow and had bled to death. Both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha tried to comfort Kairi as Myoga suddenly came. “Lords Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, Lady Kairi! Your father's and Lady Izomiya's will have been found!” Inuyasha grabbed the 2 pieces of paper and Sesshomaru read them. InuTashio's will- My dear children, I leave my land to Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. I also leave Tensaiga and Tenseiga to them. To Kairi, I leave the Sharazan. Signed, InuTashio, Lord of the Western Lands.
 
Izomiya's will- To Sesshomaru, I leave a kimono of enchanted silk and special armor. To Inuyasha, I leave a kimono of fire-rat fur and a protection amulet. To Kairi, I leave a Fire and Ice kimono, a pendent, and a fire neko named Aja. Izomiya, Lady of the Western Lands.
 
Kairi stared at the Sharazan as it was handed to her. It was a katana. Its blade was unbreakable steal and its handle had a dragon with a red and blue jewel on it. The holder had the marking “Dragon's Forbidden” on it in silver. The kimono was black with a fire and ice sign on it. It had forbidden on the back in silver. The kimono had pants under it, and they reached to the knees. The pendent was a small silver locket with a full moon engraved on it. Inside there was room for 4 pictures. The fire neko was small and black and it had blue eyes and silver streaks. Sesshomaru suddenly said, “Kairi, you cannot survive alone in these times. You must come with one of us.” Kairi was heartbroken. How could she choose between her 2 brothers? Inuyasha and Sesshomaru began to fight about who Kairi would go with. Kairi and her brothers were very close. Kairi's voice suddenly said, “I will think about it in my quarters. I will tell you my answer tomorrow.” That night, Kairi decided that she would travel aloe to kill her 1st set of parent's murderer. She left a note on her desk, took the Sharazan, Aja the fire neko, and some food. She slipped on the kimono and a masked, and ran out into the night,
 
 
-The Next Day-
As Inuyasha ran to his brother's quarters, his mind raced to what he had discovered. His little sister had left last night and could be wounded or dead! As Inuyasha burst into his brother's room, he threw Kairi's note at Sesshomaru and yelled, “Kairi's gone! This note was left behind!” As Sesshomaru read the letter, his eyes widened. It said: Dear Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, I hade decided to travel on my own. Please don't worry and try not to fight. I will return to you, I promise. Signed, Lady Kairi, Daughter of InuTashio.
 
After reading the letter, both brothers searched for Kairi for many months, but never found her. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were furious with each other and left the house and hated each other. Both believed that the other had caused Kairi's disappearance. They would never forgive each other.
 
*Note- This is the reason of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's rivalry.