InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flawless Mistake ❯ Back Home ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter5: Back Home
 
Holy crap… (walks in to room and dies in computer chair) I'm beat and my wings are killing me from all the flying I have to do without my van! It really sucks not being able to drive around. Oh well nothing I can do for now but right another chapter for you wonderful people. And here it is.
Oh ya and before I forget: I don't own Inu-Yasha…(sob).
***************************************************************** *******
 
When they finally reached Kaede's village, every one of the villagers that they walked past stopped and stared at Kagome. They all recognized her as they had seen her before but they all realized that she had changed. She was no longer human but a half demon like Inu-Yasha.
 
“What happened to her? She became a demon?” one of the village men whispered. Not knowing that she could hear him.
 
Kagome turned and looked at the man with a some what sad expression on her face. Immediately the man realized she had herd him and quickly bowed and said.
 
“Sorry Lady Kagome I meant no ill will I was simply worried about you. Are you all right? You've changed.”
 
Kagome nodded at the man and answered. “No I'll be fine we had some err…trouble while we were out on our journey.” She mentioned nothing about how the Shikon jewel had changed her in to a half demon, though it was quite clear that she was no longer completely human. Many of the villagers asked if she was alright or if there was anything that they could do for her to help her deal with her change, it was a relief to know that the people in Kaede's village were not offended by her change and seemed to except it quite well.
 
Finally the five of them walked in to the hut that belonged to the village elder Kaede, but Kagome immediately had to get out again when the strong smell of herds overpowered her more sensitive nose. She walked out the door coughing and choking and took a much needed breath of fresh air, trying not to through up.
 
“Whow! Now I know why I always see Inu-Yasha sleeping on the roof and not inside.” She choked out. When she finally noticed Inu-Yasha coming up the road to the village she growled, clenched her teeth and held her breath before stomping back in to the hut. Kaede was off to the side, her back turned to her, cooking her dinner.
 
“Hello Kaede” Kagome said in as happy a voice that she could muster.
 
“Well hello Ka…” Kaede stopped in shock when she turned around to see Kagome, or at least who she thought was Kagome. “What happened to ye child?!” she exclaimed looking over the girl.
 
“I don't really know, it all happened when Inu-Yasha made his `wish'.” She answered as calmly as she could, but the sound of anger was still clear in her voice. The old woman just stared at her. Kaede's look went even more shocked when she heard that Inu-Yasha had made a wish.
 
“So Inu-Yasha is now a full demon?” she asked looking at her intently.
 
“No. he's still the same.” She answered “I'm the only one who changed.” She growled once more as she heard Inu-Yasha approach the door. She closed her eyes and clenched her fists in aggravation, “Sit boy!” she yelled, as a loud smack could be hared from out side the hut, fallowed by a string of curses.
 
“I told you I didn't know that that would happen!” Inu-Yasha bellowed from outside. Kagome growled as the hanyo walked in to the hut.
 
“Come now, don't fight.” Kaede said calmingly “Tell me how this happened to ye.” She asked as she handed them all a bowl of the stew that she had been making, and sat down between the fuming Kagome and the cowering In-Yasha. The two of them started to explain all they could, and told her all that had happened over the past few days. Kagome did most of the talking as Inu-Yasha still didn't want to attract her attention and get sat again, his back still hurt from the last four.
 
After Kaede had heard the whole story and why they had come to her she looked a bit saddened. “I am sorry my chilled but I can not help ye. I know not of any spells that are capable of such things as to change a hanyo in to a human.” She said as she got to her feet and walked across the room.
 
Kagome started to feel tears in her eyes when she herd those words come from Kaede. The one person that she thought could help her and change her back. `Not even Kaede can change me back? Now what am I going to do? Try explaining this to the people from my era.' she though about Eri, Ayami, and Yuka's reaction from seeing her like this, then her grandfather and her mother what would their reactions be?
 
“If you can't help me then how am I suppose to go back to my own time? I can't exactly go out in public or even talk to my friends, they'll all think that I am some sort of freaky monster if they find out that I'm half demon.” She stared to sob at the prospect of never being able to see her friends, or her family for that matter.
 
“Come now child, I may not know how to help ye but maybe some one else can.” Kaede said. Kagome looked up at the old miko from her hands.
 
“Do you really think that someone else would be able to change me back?” asked Kagome in a now hopeful voice.
 
“I do not know who could do it, but maybe another powerful miko might be capable of such a feat. Yes if ye were to find someone more powerful than I, then I do believe that that person might be able to do it.” She said encouragingly.
 
“Well that's good!” Sango exclaimed looking over to see a much more cheerful Kagome. “If there really is someone out there that can help you then we'll find them won't we?!” Sango exclaimed as she petted the near by Kilala on the head.
 
“Yes we will help you out in any way possible.” The now conscious Miroku added looking at Sango holding his head.
 
“Thanks guys, but I still need to go home for more medical supplies before we can go any where remember, we used up the last of my bandages, disinfectant spray and tourniquets in the last few days. On top of that if I don't go home my family will get worried but...” Kagome said looking at the floor. “I can't really go back looking like this now can I.” she stated more than asked.
 
“If you really need to go home then why not use the hat that you used on me?” suggested Inu-Yasha. Kagome looked over at the hanyo, her anger subsided as Kaede had explained that not even she knew that the Shicon Jewel would grant a wish that was thought and not spoken.
 
“You know that might work!” she exclaimed as she got to her feet and went over to her large yellow bag which lay on the floor. She proceeded to root through it until she had found the hat that Inu-Yasha had once worn when he came to her time. She carefully placed the hat on top of her head, being careful not to squish her ears too much. “Well?” she asked looking to her friends.
 
“It covers your ears. How dose it feel?” asked Miroku.
 
“Well it's a bit uncomfortable but I will get use to it.” She answered smiling. “I'll only need to wear it for a short while.” `Now all I can hope for is I don't see anyone in my time, if I do the hat covers the most obvious change bit not all of them.' She added to herself.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Well there you go. One more chapter for you, and I've made some more blue frozen C.C. cookies so if you want one all you gotta do is click that little button at the bottom left of the screen. Oh and to those who already reviewed here you go… (Hands out blue frozen C.C. cookies) well that's it for me, till next we meet…