InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Future ❯ Inuyasha and Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey guys sorry it took so long. I wanted to redo the chapter and I wanted to make it nice and long. SO here it is!!!!!!! Dum Dum. (or something like that) Enjoy^_^
What the heck was going on was Inuyasha's first thought. His and also Kagome's face had heated to a bright red at what she meant. He and Kagome would have….had…to. O Kami!! Inuyasha had to get away. This was just too much for him. He didn't need everyone staring at him, expecting him to say something.
He abruptly stood up making everyone start. Inuyasha didn't look at anybody as he jumped away. Kagome looked sadly after him. Poor guy. He didn't know what was going on. He's probably really confused right now almost as much as Kagome was. What if this was one of Naraku's tricks? But it didn't seem to be like h8is doing. Plus Kagome could sense nothing wrong in her aura. Nothing strange at all, except that it held a little bit of Inuyasha's in it. Which from what Aya said, wasn't surprising. Even if it was a little hard to believe. Kagome needed some answers from this girl and she needed to know why she could sense that she had a jewel shard.
“Umm..Aya?” Aya turned towards her relief that someone had finally said something on her face.
“Yes m- I mean Kagome.” She smiled hoping Kagome would not get freaked out by what she had said. Even she could understand why everyone was so shocked if the story's that her mom had told her were true then she was going to have a hard time convincing them of what she had come back to do.
Kagome smiled hiding her unease and what Aya was about to call her.
“If you don't mind my asking, if you are who you say you are, then how did you come back to this time? You fell from the sky so that rules out the possibility that you came from the well.”
Aya considered her words carefully. How was she going to explain that? She didn't even understand what had happened herself. She was starting to get a headache.
“Well…uh. That's a little hard to explain. My mom sent me back. She wanted me to correct the past so that what was happening in the future wouldn't happen. She wanted me to change it. So that the future would be a better place. It was a big task but she was able to find away to send me back to a certain time. So I could try and do what they couldn't do.” Aya stopped her not sure if she should tell them what the future was like and what they had to do to change it.
Miroku, when Kagome didn't say anything said. “We should talk more about this in the morning. We are all tired and hungry so why don't we start with that. We don't need to know all of why Aya is here now.”
Sango nodded her head in agreement glancing at Kagome. “He's right and also maybe we should leave Inuyasha alone until he is ready to come back. He may be confused right now. It's best to let him sort it out on his own.”
“I suppose your right.” She sighed and looked of to where Inuyasha has disappeared to. Why did you have to run off Inuyasha? I'm as confused as you are. What will this change between us?
~*~*~*~*~
The night was silent and quiet. Everyone was asleep unaware of what might be in the night. A scoff at the sight of this.
Inuyasha had returned late in the night knowing that everyone was asleep. He didn't feel like talking to anybody any way but for them to be sound asleep without anybody watching for signs of danger was stupid. Just like humans to pull something like that. Stupid humans.
Inuyasha walked over to the group sitting down by the fire although he was quiet about it. He scratched behind his ears much in the same way Aya had. Nothing had been sorted out in his mind while he was by himself. He didn't figure anything out and it really pissed him off!! Here comes this girl falling from the sky tells them that she is his and Kagome's pup and expects everyone to be okay with that. Crazy humans. Quarter demons too! Inuyasha looked over at Kagome as she shifted in her sleeping bag. “Hmph!”
She seems to be fine and dandy with this! She didn't say anything when the pup said who she was. Inuyasha shifted slightly. Okay so maybe he ran off before she had a chance to say anything.
Inuyasha looked over at Aya. She was a pretty pup. She also looked like she was happy though a little bit sad underneath. A worried look came across Inuyasha's face. Could something be wrong with the future? If so, then what? Too many things had happened tonight and it was starting to make Inuyasha's head hurt. What was he going to do? Naraku would smell that the pup was a perfect blend of his and Kagome's scent. He would know that she was their pup even if he didn't know how she could be. He wouldn't care about that. All he would care about was that Inuyasha and Kagome would do anything to get her back. Even stubborn Inuyasha had to admit that.
She couldn't stay here. It wasn't safe for her to and Kagome would agree with him on that if he could get up the guts to talk to her about it. Without everyone hovering over him while he was trying to talk to her.
Coming up with a quick plan he walked over to Kagome and, mindful of Aya who was right next to her, and shook her gently. She mumbled something that sounded like “ no..more…stop chasing…bad tests..” He smiled for amount at this. Her and her tests. He still wondered why she even bothered with them. His smiles disappeared when all she did was clutch Shippo tighter to her and roll over.
The girl slept like a rock sometimes. Inuyasha rolled his eyes and shook her again and this time her eyes opened a little bit.
Kagome saw through sleepy eyes looking at the intrusion. Inuyasha was standing above her looking his own grouchy self. She forced herself to open her eyes wider.
“Inuyasha?” Her voice came out hoarse with sleep and surprise.
“Come on wench. I want to talk to you. Alone.” He put emphases on the word alone so that Kagome would know not to bring Shippo. Which was something she might think of doing just to make sure the runt stayed asleep.
Kagome's eyes opened wide at that. He wanted to apparently talk about something important if he was getting her up in the middle of the night to talk. It was really unlike him to do so.
“Alright. Just be quiet.” Even though they were whispering Kagome was surprised that nobody had woken up yet. Usually at the slightest sound they woke up which had saved there hides a couple of times. Well tonight it was a good thing. They wouldn't have anybody eavesdropping on there conversation.
After untangling Kagome from the sleeping bag, Shippo, and the leg of Aya they set off towards the God tree, where there conversations usually took place. Inuyasha looked and Kagome who nodded before grabbing her around the waist and jumping up to his favorite branch on the tree. He set her down while he sat Indian style against the tree. Kagome sat on her knees in front of him rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she did so.
“What's wrong Inuyasha? And why did you run off earlier.” Her big brown eyes were starting to make him feel guilty for leaving her when he should of stayed.
“I wanted to talk to you.” He said this in a snappy tone trying not to get all serious like. “Is that a problem?” Kagome just smiled and waited for him to continue. When you spend as much time as she does with him you see through his moods. It came in handy sometimes!
Inuyasha saw Kagome's smile and it annoyed him that she knew his moods so well but he just continued with what he was saying.
“About the pup. That's what I wanted to talk to you about.”
Kagome got a funny look on her face. This made Inuyasha frown. This look was never good.
“Pup? Does that mean you think of Aya as your daughter because I remember, you called Shippo that once.” She was going to tease him about this forever if it meant that.
Inuyasha lit up like a light.
“That was not what I meant wench! I don't think of her as anything! Got it?” His voice came out harsher then he intended and it made Kagome jump back a little bit. Instantly he felt sorry, although he didn't show it.
Kagome said nothing to him and willed the tears not to fall. That comment hurt more then she thought it would. She knew Inuyasha probably didn't mean it but it still hurt. She put her head down, her bangs covering her eyes.
“Okay so what did you want to talk about Inuyasha?” Her voice came out a little sad and made Inuyasha want to say sorry. But instead of doing that he just said
“The girl can't stay here. It's too dangerous for her to. Naraku will find out about her and try to use her against us. There that's all I wanted to say. Ill take you back now.”
He was about to stand up when a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He looked down at Kagome who had lifted her head up and was staring at Inuyasha with an angry look on her face.
Inuyasha swallowed. That look was never good for him! Ever!
“You are not going to get away that easily Inuyasha. I want to know why you ran off like that when Aya came. And I want to know what you are trying to hide. Now.”
Kagome was going to get this out of him no matter what. From the moment he had said he wanted to talk she knew he was hiding something from her. Another useful thing to know, when he was hiding something from her. She was just going to let it go and wait until he was ready to tell her but after that little stunt he pulled he was going to tell her. Whether he wanted to or not!
O man! Why did she have to be the one that could hurt him and the one that could read him so well? Wasn't a good combination at least for him.
He said softly “Okay Kagome. I will tell you……”
 
Okay that's it!! I hope you guys liked it!! My first cliffhanger!!!(twirls and laughs about absolutely nothing while people stare)
~boooo!!!!~
~sweatdrops~ and slowly walks away. Slowly!
~then starts running as people start to chase!~
Hey wait I didn't mean to leave a cliffhanger!! It was a pure accident!! I swear!!
Really have to go!!
~hides in a tree~
~Ta Ta~