InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl Next Door ❯ Rest Stops ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The group was walking on a large trail once again looking for any sign of Naraku.
"I think we should stop and have some lunch." suggested Kagome.
"Jeez, is that all you ever think about kagome? We are constantly stopping!" replied Inuyasha annoyed.
Upon hearing Inuyasha's outburst, Kagome put her hands on her hips.
"I'm just being considerate Inuyasha. I'm sure everyone else is hungry too." stated Kagome.
"Well i'm not!" complained Inuyasha.
"Well guess what Inuyasha, the whole universe doesn't revolve around you!"
"I never said it did!" At this point Inuyasha and Kagome were in each others faces staring each other down.
"Really, can't you two go one day without fighting?" asked Miroku as he stepped toward the two.
"We could if SHE could go 5 minutes without a damn rest stop." exclaimed Inuyasha.
"Well excuse me for living!" shouted Kagome.
At this point, Sango decided it was time to intervene.
"Break it up you two. Were all just a little tense. I think having a nice picnic is a wonderful idea."
"Oh sure take her side!" objected Inuyasha as he shot Kagome a mean look.
Kagome took a deep breath as she tried to calm down. Then, she looked back at Inuyasha.
"Look Inuyasha, I brought some really good food, you'll like it, I promise, okay?"
Inuyasha crossed his arms in defeat.
"Hmph, whatever." he replied in dismay.
Shippo was just leisurely sitting on Sango's shoulder, listening to the two fight.
"What an idiot." he muttered. "That Inuyasha, he can be so stupid sometimes."
"WHAT WAS THAT SHIPPPO?!" said Inuyasha through clenched teeth as he gave Shippo a painful noogie.
"Jeez, why do you have to have such good hearing?" asked Shippo as he tried to get away.
Sango pulled away so Shippo could escape Inuyasha.
Kagome rolled her eyes at Inuyasha's immature actions and laid down a blanket for all of them to sit on and began taking out food.
Inuyasha got a confused look on his face as he eyed the food she was taking out.
"What is this stuff?" asked Inuyasha in confusion.
Kagome got an annoyed look on her face as she replied, “It’s my mom’s cooking. Is there a problem Inuyasha?”
Inuyasha didn’t like the way Kagome said his name, it was like a snake’s venom.
“Jeez Kagome, it was just a question.” replied Inuyasha.
As Kagome set out the food for her friends, they all looked at it in astonishment.
“What? haven’t you guys ever seen food before?” asked Kagome.
Miroku was the only one to respond.
“Yes, but this food is different.”
“Well, my mom is trying out some new recipes.”
“Very well.” replied Miroku as he took a bite.
“This is delicious Kagome.” complimented Miroku as he took a bite.
“Well, my mom is a great cook.” she replied.
Sango took a bite of the food and nodded in agreement. Shippo jumped down from Sango’s shoulder and took a bite.
Inuyasha looked at the food for a moment then took a bite, right after he did, his eyes grew wide as he snatched Kagome’s bag and began to hurriedly riffle through it.
“What are you looking for Inuyasha?” asked Kagome.
Inuyasha didn’t reply, but instead pulled out a bottled water and tore off the cap and began to chug it down.
“Are you trying to kill me Kagome?!” he asked as he stopped drinking.
“What do you mean?” replied Kagome.
“I mean that stuff almost burned my tongue off!” he shouted in response.
“It’s not that spicy!” Kagome shouted back.
“Are you kidding it’s disgusting!” he replied as he stuck his tongue out.
Kagome got an annoyed look on her face as Inuyasha just sat there and insulted her mom’s cooking right in front of her.
Through clenched teeth she said, “Inu....yasha!”
“What?” he replied as his voice cracked.
Kagome took a deep breath and with all her might yelled.....
“SIT!!!”