InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl Next Door ❯ A New Neighbor ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
After recovering from Kagome's sit command, Inuyasha decided to go and sulk and not know what he did wrong, like always.
"I can't believe Inuyasha would insult my mom's cooking, right in front of me!" exclaimed Kagome as she was walking to the well, on her way to burn some steam off at home.
As she hopped into the well, she let out one last "hmph".

"Inuyasha, you could be a bit nicer to Kagome." commented Miroku.
"I didn't DO anything!" retorted Inuyasha.
"Yeah you did, you insulted her mothers home cooking you big doofus!" replied Shippo as he got in Inuyasha's face.
"Shut up!" shouted Inuyasha as he hit Shippo on the head and gave him a red lump.
"Inuyasha, face it, you can be rude at times." said Sango.
"Who asked you Sango?!" shouted Inuyasha.
"Inuyasha, be a man and go apologize to Kagome." suggested Miroku in Sango's defence.
"WOULD EVERYONE JUST GET OFF MY BACK!!!" exclaimed Inuyasha as he stomped off into the forest.
"He's going to go apologize." commented Shippo.
"Yep." agreed Miroku and Sango.

As Inuyasha was walking through the forest, he couldn't decided what to do.
"She probably doesn't even want to see me anyway, I don't know why she's so ticked off at me..."
As he stopped when he reached the well, he couldn't decide to go or not. He knew if he went, Kagome might be mad, but he knew if he didn't she would DEFINATLY be mad.....
And with that, he jumped into the well feet first, planning out what he was going to say.

Kagome was sitting in her room, looking at her text books, do the best she could to stop thinking about how mad she was at Inuyasha. When she realized that she couldn't, she let out a small scream of frusteration and closed her text book.
"That JERK! He probably doesn't even know what he did wrong!" said Kagome to herself.
Kagome stood up and decided to go get something to eat to try to calm her nerves. When she got into the kitchen, she saw her mother doing the dishes.
"Oh, hello Kagome. How are you?" asked her mother in her usual kind voice.
"I'm fine mom." andwered Kagome in a not so peppy way.
"What's wrong? Did you and your friend have a fight?" asked her mother.
"I guess you could say that..." replied Kagome.
"What was it about?" asked her mother concerned.
Kagome didn't know what to tell her mother. She couldn't tell her the truth...
"Oh, he was just being all uptight because I......have been coming home a lot. He'll get over it." Kagome felt terrible as soon as she said it. She hated lieing to her mother.
"Oh, well, I hope you two resolve the problem soon." responded Kagome's mother.
"Yeah.....me to...." said Kagome with a sigh.

Inuyasha had gotten out of the well, and had been sitting on the edge of it for the past 5 minutes.
"What am I even going to say to her?" he asked himself.
As he got off the well, he was coming toward her house. About half way there, he stopped. He felt like he was being pulled to stop. He turned around and he saw it. The sacred tree. The very tree that he had been sealed to for 50 years...the same tree that Kagome released him from...
As he looked at it, he let out a heavy sigh and put his head down....
"Dammit."

Kagome had gotten some food in her stomach and decided to watch TV.
As Kagome's mother walked into the living room, Kagome looked up.
"Kagome, we got new neighbors today." Kagome's mother told her.
"Really? That's great. I've been gone so often, I didn't even notice that they built a house near us." replied Kagome.
"Yeah, and they invited us to dinner. I figured this would be the perfect opertunity to give you this." said Kagome's mother as she handed Kagome a box with wrapping around it.
"Thanks mom." said Kagome as she took the box and began to unwrap it.
As kagome opened the box, her eyes widened and she gasped.
"Mom, it's so pretty!" exclaimed Kagome as she pulled out a green Komono with a pink flower pattern on it and a pink shawl.
"I picked it out for you while you were with your friends." replied her mother with a smile.
"I love it! It's perfect for a dinner!" said Kagome as she stood up and looked at the dress. "I'm going to go try it on!"
"Okay sweetheart, come down when your done, I want to see how it looks on you." replied her mohter.

Inuyasha decided that he was going to apologize to Kagome. He had finally come to the conclusion that he did something wrong. As Inuyasha was walking, he was practicing how he was going to say he was sorry to her.
"Kagome, I shouldn't have insulted your mother's cooking....Kagome, I know what I did was wrong.....Kagome, your mom went to a lot of trouble, and I sould have been nicer..." As he was done talking, he walked into the house, and began to look for Kagome.
"Oh, hey Inuyasha! What's up?" greeted Sota.
"Hey, have you seen Kagome around?" asked Inuyasha almost completely ignoring Sota.
"She's upstairs, she-"
Sota was cut off by the sound of Kagome shutting her bedroom door and coming downstairs. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Inuyasha standing there.
"Inu...yasha? What are you doing here?" she asked as she came closer to him.
All Inuyasha could do was stare at first.
"Inuyasha? Hello?" said Kagome as she snapped her fingers in front of Inuyasha's face to get him to come back to earth.
As Inuyasha snapped back to reality, he shook his head to come out of his trance.
"Kagome...I uh.....came to uh....."
Kagome looked up to him expectantly.
"I came to.....apologize...." he stated as he looked away.
"You....you want to apologize?" asked Kagome in a surprised tone.
Inuyasha cleared his throte. "Um....yeah...." he replied.
Kagome smiled at him and gave him a hug as Inuyasha stood there trying not to blush.
"Thank you Inuyasha." said Kagome as she let him out of the hug.
"Yeah, no problem...." he replied as he scratched the back of his head.
Kagome's mother came into the room just then and looked at kagome.
"Kagome, you got a batch of flowers, they're on the porch." she told her daughter.
As Kagome walked out the front door, she looked down, and sure enough, there was a batch of Iris flowers. As she picked them up, she breathed in the fresh scent of them, then she took one and put it in the bow that was in her hair. She also saw a card attached to them, so she took it off and began to read it.
"What does it say?" asked Inuyasha as he looked over Kagome's shoulder curiously.
Kagome blushed as she read..."It says, 'To the girl next door...Kagome.'"