InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Giver is the Gift ❯ A Giving Heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters contained herein. They are the exclusive property of their original copyright holders. I just play with them for my own amusement.
 
The Giver is the Gift
 
A Giving Heart
 
He watched in fascinated curiosity as Kagome bartered with one of the village women and followed her in bemused interest as she traveled into the forest to gather roots and berries. The strange scents he would catch coming from her backpack as she came through the well piqued his curiosity. It annoyed him to no end that all of his attempts to investigate had been thwarted by that idiot, always demanding and hogging her attention.
 
It wasn't until he saw her last night, wrapping some of her newly acquired treasures together into neat little bundles, that he realized what all of her unusual behavior meant. Kagome, ever the kind-hearted and giving soul, was putting together gifts for her friends to honor that strange winter tradition she had explained to them a few weeks ago. Seeing her going to so much trouble for all of them made him think and come to a decision of his own.
 
Using every trick of stealth that he possessed, he snuck out of the hut shortly after everyone had fallen asleep. A smug smirk crossed his face as he did some gathering of his own. Returning to the hut, he placed his gift gently next to a sleeping Kagome.
 
The delighted look on Kagome's face the next morning as she cooed and exclaimed over the red, radiant beauty of the anemone flower and brilliant purple of the Angelica tree leaves warmed his heart, and he busied himself planning for his next gift.
 
Word Count: 247
A/N:
 
This drabble collection was written in response to a challenge issued by one forthright over on LJ. A detailed description of the challenge may be found here: http://forthrightly. livejournal .com/33782. html (lose the spaces).
 
Can you guess who the giver is before Kagome does?
Top of Form