InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Giver is the Gift ❯ Care for Another ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters contained herein. They are the exclusive property of their original copyright holders. I just play with them for my own amusement.
 
The Giver is the Gift
 
Care for Another
 
His next gift came to him in the early hours of the afternoon. As their intrepid group made their way out from the village in search of more rumors of Naraku, the weather took a turn for the colder. All of them did what they could to keep warm. The temperature would only drop during the night, he realized; and that was when the idea for his next gift came to him.
 
As was not unusual when weather was a problem, the monk found them a nice set of rooms in the finest inn in the village they chose as their stopping point. Stating that he had "things to take care of," he made his way in search of the innkeeper's wife. Explaining his thoughts, she was only too happy to oblige him.
 
Later that evening, just before Kagome and Sango returned from their warming bath, he slipped back down to the kitchen and retrieved the silk wrapped stones that the innkeeper's wife had been warming by the fire. Listening at the door, jostling his package from hand to hand, he insured that the others were nowhere about and made his way to Kagome's bedroll. Gently, he placed them at the foot of Kagome's bag, and skittered back out the door.
 
A few minutes later, after seeing the girls return to the room, he wandered back in just in time to see Kagome slide into her nicely warmed bed. Her exclamation of surprise and delight was music to his ears.
Word Count: 250
 
Originally posted to LJ 12/4/06