InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Half Demon Child ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha, the show InuYasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own any of the characters. However, the characters I made up like Tani and Larina belong to me.
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
InuYasha had felt kinda bad for ditching his friends like that without a word but it was a simusho; Naraku's poisonous insects which could be InuYasha's one way ticket to finding Naraku and killing him. The half demon continued to leap from tree to tree, trying to keep up with the nasty insect which was trying it's best to get away from the half demon. Let's see where the insect is going lead me…” InuYasha thought as he continued to follow the simusho, through the deep forest.
 
The insect continued to zip through, left to right then right to left and continued those flight patterns, trying it's best to lose InuYasha but the persistent half demon continued to follow the pesky insect. In soon time, the insect's wings soon began to fall as the insect itself began to fall.
 
InuYasha then at that moment stopped his jumping landing on one of the branches of the tree. He then looked down at what looked like the dead insect from where he could see it. InuYasha then jumped off the tree and walked forward to get a closer look at the simusho…it wasn't moving- it was dead.
 
“Ah, Damnit!! This is just perfect! You really had me going there for a second!” He shouted out to himself, “Damn, there goes my chance in finding Naraku…” InuYasha growled at the site of the dead insect.
 
It was at that moment quiet the only sound that filled the air was the sound of birds chirping and the leaves from the trees swaying with the gently breeze that went through the forest that InuYasha was in.
 
Well,” he started, “there is no point in staying anyways…I might as well start heading back to the village-
 
InuYasha stopped himself from talking. He was just about ready to head back until he heard a nice, gentle melody coming from the end of the forest. The music made his ears twitch with relaxation. He decided to go follow the soothing melody. InuYasha came to the other side of the forest to see a little white haired girl with braided pigtails playing a strange instrument. He was sitting on top of a branch from a tree watching her play.
 
Is this the half demon?” He wondered.
 
The girl continued to play her ocarina until a few kids started to come up to her. InuYasha knew this was trouble the moment he saw the human children running up to the little child. A flashback of InuYasha soon came to his head the moment he saw the children taunting the half demon.
 
-----
 
“Leave me alone! I haven't done anything to you! Why do you choose to follow me out here all the time?” Tani said holding on to her ocarina tightly so the kids wouldn't steal it again.
 
“Huh, don't try and play dumb with us… we're going to keep this up until you leave this village. The only person keeping you here is your mother.” The head village boy said with an evil like smirk.
 
“Hey… I bet your demon father be-witched your mother into marrying him and bearing his child.” A village girl with freckles said with a chuckle. “You're nothing more but a mistake, a scum of the earth!
 
Tani's eyes grew dark as her eyebrows knitted together with rage, the audacity of the village kids! The half demon growled, “Take that back! My mother loved my father very much; you have no right to say such things!”
 
Tani clenched her fists as she was about ready to attack. Her fist had almost contact to one of the village kid's face until on of them grabbed her by her kimono.
 
“Don't you ever try to punch us, got that half breed?” The head leader spat still holding onto her kimono.
 
Tani felt helpless as she loosened the grip of her ocarina which made it a lot easier for the village kids to take it from her. The village kids all four of them chuckled and taunted Tani now that she was more helpless than before.
 
“Half breed!” The girl with the freckles called.
 
“Freak of nature!” the other village boy joined.
 
“If you want your precious ocarina back,” The third boy said as he was taking the ocarina from Tani's hand, you're going to have to listen to us from now on.”
 
The head village boy who was still holding onto Tani's kimono smiled at his friend that took the ocarina from Tani. He then looked at Tani as he threw her which made her hit the ground again with a loud thud.
 
“Heh, Jiro, hand me the instrument,” The head villager ordered.
 
“Yes Raidon,” Jiro responded as he handed it to him.
 
“So, if you ever wanna see your precious ocarina again, you're going to have to listen to our demand, you got that half breed?” Raidon said.
 
“You tell that freak,” The other four village kids encouraged.
 
Tani's tears brimmed over her eyes as she growled and clenched her teeth at the kids as the kids continued to taunt her and call her names hoping that this nightmare would soon come to an end.
 
“Hey, give that back to her.” A voice called out.
 
The bullies had stopped laughing as they looked around wondering where the voice was coming from. Tani too also looked around not noticing the tears that were trickling down her face.
 
“Wh-who said that?” The head lead Raidon demanded still holding onto the ocarina.
 
Suddenly out of no where something fast came out of the trees that were deep in the forest. It came out so fast that they were leaves falling from his back. He then landed. To what the children could tell it was a man with a red kimono who had long silver hair with white doggy-like ears, his eyes were bronze-golden, he had also had fangs. He glared at the bullies especially the head village boy who still had a hold of Tani's ocarina. He then started to walk towards the children.
 
The village children trembled with fear as the head leader slowly started loosened the grip he had on Tani's ocarina. The red dressed demon soon started to crack his knuckles showing the children that he was going to show no mercy if he didn't let go of Tani's instrument.
 
“If you know whats good for you brats, then you will give that back to her,” he warned.
 
“Oh no, another demon!” One of the other village boys said.
 
“Tani must've summoned him!” Jiro suspected as he and most of the village kids backed up and made a run for it.
 
“Here take back your stupid ocarina!” Raidon said throwing the ocarina which landed infront of the so-called demon's feet as he the rest of them ran away with fear.
 
Tani look puzzled with tears going down as he stared at the golden eyed demon which stood before of her. At first Tani felt a little frightened of the young man as she backed up a bit, not knowing what he would do next. She watched the demon pick the ocarina that the Jiro took and presented to Tani.
 
“Here,” he said getting down on her level.
 
She blinked as she wiped the tears that were still in her eyes. Tani was speechless no words could escape from her mouth. She looked at the ocarina and then at him. This was the first time that anyone other than her mother, has ever stood up for her.
 
…th-thank you…” Tani said quietly taking the ocarina hesitantly from his hand.
 
“Hmph…don't mention it kiddo.” He said as he started to walk away.
 
Tani watched him walk away until she got up from where she was, “Wait…” She said.
 
He turned around, “what is it?”
 
Tani ran up to him, wiped her eyes again and faced the silver haired man. She blushed as she started to fidget with her ocarina; she was very shy. “U-um…” she was hesitant, d-do you want to stay for dinner…with me and my mother?”
 
-----
 
“I wonder where InuYasha went…” Kagome said looking out the window of the hut which they stayed in.
 
“Yeah me too, he sure went out in such a hurry.” Shippo said nibbling on one of the crisps that Kagome had given to him earlier.
 
After InuYasha had wondered off somewhere, Larina had taken Kagome, Sango, Shippo and Miroku to their hut. Once Larina showed them to their hut she had left in hope for her daughter to return. Miroku then left to go somewhere (at least that's what he mentioned) to do something. So it was now Kagome, Sango and Shippo who were now waiting for InuYasha's and Miroku's return.
 
Do you suspect that InuYasha might have found leads in hope of finding Naraku?” Sango asked Kagome.
 
Kagome shrugged his shoulder, “he could've found something for all we now…” she responded with a sigh, “InuYasha's been gone for sometime now...” She said looking out the window again realizing that the sun was slowing going down.
 
“Both InuYasha and Miroku have been gone out for sometime now and it's getting kinda late, the sun is starting to set,” Shippo stated as he was drinking his bottle of water that Kagome had given to him earlier.
 
“You're right; InuYasha and Miroku have been gone for sometime.” Sango agreed as she petted Kirara who lay on her lap. “I wonder where they went…”
 
“Well Miroku only said that he was just going to be out for a while, so he couldn't have gotten far,” Kagome stated.
 
“Then what could he be doing then? He's been for an awfully long time,” Shippo said.
 
Suddenly at that moment, there was a murmur outside of the hut which made everyone in the hut jolt their head up. A familiar voice was talking, his voice was deep and yet soothing at the same time.
 
He then spoke out, asking “My dear young lady, would you consider in bearing my child?”
 
That question was very familiar so no one needed to take a while guess to who was asking such a question. If you knew the person very well you would already know who it was proposing such a question to fairly young beautiful women.
 
“Uh oh…” Shippo murmured to Kagome as looked Sango.
 
Sango's eyes grew dark with envy, “I'll be back…” Sango said stepping out of the hut.
 
“He's really going to get it now…” Kagome said shaking her head preparing the worst for Miroku who asked that questions.
 
At that moment, Kagome and Shippo heard the sound of someone getting slapped and the sound of someone yelping at the same time. Both Kagome and Shippo looked at each other as they walked outside. When they were out, all they saw was Miroku rubbing his head with a smack mark on his cheek as Sango continued to give him a dirty look.
 
“I dare you to do that again monk.” Sango warned.
 
“He'll never learn…” Shippo said shaking his head.
 
Kagome sighed, agreeing with Shippo's comment. She then heard the sound of horrified kids screaming at yelling for help. The sound of horrified kids made everyone's head turned including some of the villagers who were still fixing up their gardens.
 
“Whats going on?” Kagome asked getting worried.
 
A few village children were running, coming out of the forest where they last saw InuYasha run off too, all looking so terrified.
 
“What do you think is going on?” Sango asked walking up beside Kagome.
 
“They all look so terrified,” Miroku observed as he noticed Larina coming out of her hut from the corner of his eye.
 
“Help! Someone help us!! Another demon!” The children yelped as they continued running like there was no tomorrow.
 
The children's cries almost made the Kagome and the rest of the group gasp, believing that there was a demon truly within the forest that they came out of.
 
“What a demon?” One of the villagers asked out of concern.
 
“I bet it's that damn Tani and that blasted other demon that the monk was allied with!” Another villager accused.
 
Miroku glared at the villagers as well as the rest of the group. Miroku then turned to see Larina's face to see if she heard the comment-she did and by the looks of it she was very damn well insulted.
 
The village men didn't notice that Larina had come out of the hut as she walked up to the villagers.
 
Ah, Lady Larina, I didn't see you there,” one of the village men jumped.
 
Lady Larina didn't even dignify him with a response as she glared at him and the men and continued to walk up to the Miroku and Kagome who were watching the village kids run up to the village men.
 
“Come on no Raidon let's go,” the village men said hastily realizing that he had angered Priestess Larina.
 
“But dad,” Raidon protested, “there was a demon that nearly attacked us!”
 
“Yeah, he was big with a red kimono!” Jiro chimed in.
 
Big with a red kimono?” Kagome repeated.
 
“Do you think really attacked them?” Shippo said, “Remember he doesn't go easy on anyone even if you're a kid,”
 
“Yeah, you're right,” Kagome agreed, “I hope he didn't though because then he would really convince the villagers that half demons are evil too…”
 
It really would convince them,” Sango said.
 
Soon two what appeared to be demons had come out of the forest. Kagome's heart along with Shippo's, Miroku's and Sango's rested at ease the moment they saw the familiar red kimono with a little girl behind him.
 
InuYasha,” Kagome said happily,
 
“And that must be Tani following him,” Larina said with a smile watching her daughter walk behind him.
 
“That's the demon!” Raidon said.
 
“That's the alright, the demon who nearly attacked us!” The village girl said pointing, “And look who's right by his side, Tani!”
 
The villagers growled, “you see that Priestess? The demons are evil!” he said.
 
Kagome grew mad with rage as she clenched her fist, Larina sensed Kagome's anger as she lightly touched her should and turned her head which made the villagers nervous as she walked over to them, “Did you just try to convince me that my daughter was evil?”
 
The villagers were hesitant, “n-no m'lady, of course not!” one of them said.
 
“Because my daughter was evil and that other demon, InuYasha, I would've destroyed them and myself, understand?” Larina's voice was stern and harsh.
 
“O-of course m'lady,” the village man said.
 
“We'll never bother you again, come on children!” The head village man said.
 
“But dad-,” Raidon protested.
 
“Now,” Raidon's father ordered.
 
Larina had watched the villagers go as well as the Kagome and the rest of her friends too. Kagome was surprised of how Larina handled the situation.
 
“They're nothing but cowards,” Kagome heard Larina hissed.
 
Larina had then drifted her gaze to her daughter who was coming up to her. Larina realized that Tani's face was all dirty and her kimono was messed up. The priestess first got the impression was that it was the village kids and then looked up at InuYasha.
 
Tani soon caught up to her mother's gaze. “Mother he's the one that stopped the bullies.” She said.
 
“Hey InuYasha you're back.” Sango said as her and the rest of the gang walked up to him.
 
InuYasha who was at first watching Tani hug his mother drifted his attention towards his friends, “yeah, I saw Naraku's insect, the simusho, so I decided to chase after it to see if it would lead me to him. As I chased it though, just died off like that,” he explained. “And that's how I ended up meeting Tani. She was sitting infront of a pond playing some strange instrument at the other end of the forest.”
 
InuYasha's friends all turned to Tani as Tani turned to face them she then looked up at her mother. “Can he stay for dinner? Him and his friends?” Tani asked looking into her mothers eyes.
 
“Why not, InuYasha and his friends can stay for dinner.” Larina said looking up at InuYasha. “Thank you.”
 
“Don't mention it.” InuYasha responded, looking away, he didn't want to embrace the idea that he actually did a good deed especially infront of Kagome and the rest of his friends. His friends would come to believe that InuYasha has gone soft.
 
Larina smiled and looked down at her daughter. “Come on Tani; let's get you out of those dirty clothes.” Larina said holding her daughter's hand as they both started to head back to their hut.
 
As Larina and her daughter were heading back to their home, Larina had noticed something in Tani's eyes. For first time her eyes her dark grayish black, sad eyes were turning to a lighter shade grey; for the first time in a long time, Tani was actually happy.
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
End Chapter