InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Half Demon Child ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha, the Anime series InuYasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own any of the characters, which means I don't own InuYasha, Kagome, Shippo, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, Kikyo, Naraku, Kagura and I can go on. However, the characters I made up such as Tani and Larina belong to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
 
 
 
“There she is the despicable half-breed that killed her own mother!” One villager called.
  
 
“I say we capture the demon and have her burned for killing our priestess!” Another villager said.
 
 
Terrified, Tani watched the angry villagers coming closer and closer to her as Tani backed away from them until she turned around and realized that there was a cave behind her. Tani had taken one last glance at the angry villagers who had torches, pitch forks and ran into the cave.
 
 
The cave was very dark, cold and wet. The atmosphere within the cave reminded her how lonely she was in the world. Once Tani was deep in the cave she had stopped running as she panted and realized that the villagers weren't chasing after her anymore. She soon then sat on a nearby rock and then began to search her kimono in hopes to find her ocarina to calm her down but then realized that it wasn't in her kimono.
 
 
“My ocarina isn't here!” Tani gasped.
  
 
“Half demon!” The villagers growled as they realized that the girl had hid into the cave. “You can run, but you can't hide from us!” They continued.
 
  
Frightened, Tani moved backwards, away from the villagers who had accused her for killing her own mother- priestess Larina. Tani soon got up and moved away from the rock that she hid behind and started to run deep into the cave. Rocks out of now where soon coming her way as Tani quickly ran. Before she could continue, one of the rocks had hit her ankle which made it a lot more difficult to run as the pain stung to her ankle. Tani had stopped running and held onto her ankle to stop the pain which stuck to her like glue. She then after continued to run, seeing how the angry villagers were gaining up on her.
 
 
Little did Tani know there was a cliff on the other side of the cave. But she failed to realize as she was already trying to get away from the villagers. The pain in the young half demon's ankle caused her to start limping since the pain had not gone away. Tani continued to run until she fell over the cliff.
 
 
The villagers who were chasing her stopped running and watched Tani fall to her supposed death.
  
 
“Good! That wretched half breed is gone forever!” One villager said.
 
  
“We can finally live in our village in peace.” An old woman said with a sigh.
 
 
The villages all mumbled together in agreement as they headed out of the cave, back to their village.
 
 
----
 
 
Tani slowly opened her eyes as she groaned loudly from the pain. Her eyes soon then at that moment shot wide open, surprised to find out that she had not died from the fall that she had experienced from trying to get away from the angry villagers. She then got up from where she was and then winced in pain from her ankle-the pain had not gone away. She then looked around the dark, cold cave.
 
 
“I guess I should be thankful that I haven't died and that the villagers haven't followed me…” Tani thought. “But still… I have no where else to go, I don't even know how to get out of this cave. I'm… alone…”
 
 
Before Tani knew it, she was slowly beginning to sob quietly to herself. Her mother was killed, the villagers kicked her out of their village and to make matters much worse, her ocarina was gone as well along with her necklace. Everything that she ever cared for was gone.
 
 
“Well,” she started as she got up, “I might as well try to live on my own. That's probably what mother would've wanted; to never give up.” She said.
 
 
Once she had gotten up, she continued to walk-limp through the cave. The deeper she went into the cave, the colder it seemed to her. She rubbed her hands together and then her shoulders and arms to try and keep herself warm. It seemed to be working, I suppose since she was a demon sprite out of the moon and sun, it had to have worked.
 
  
Out of no where, there was a loud menacing sound that echoed through the cave. It was hard for Tani to determine where the sound was actually coming from. The menacing, frightening sound caused dozens of bats to scatter about in the cave. The terrifying sound must've scared the bats in order to cause them to scatter about. Tani shielded her face as she was trying to get through the terrified bats. At that instant, Tani soon began to make another from it- the unknown. She continued to run, not realizing where she was going until suddenly, she crashed into someone which made her fall on her back.
 
 
Tani got up and then rubbed her head as she looked up and saw demon who was wearing a familiar red kimono that Tani saw before. He didn't seem like himself, he seemed pure with evil.
 
 
“InuYasha!” Tani gasped as she backed away from him slowly.
 
 
“Well, well, well…” He snickered, “isn't it the little brat who killed her own mother and tried to kill Kikyo as well…” he said a he continued to snicker, “one may start to think that you hate priestesses…” InuYasha then growled.
 
 
Tani grew angry as she frowned at the demon which stood before her, “I didn't kill my mother! Kikyo did it! She deserves to be punished.”
 
 
“Huh, ignorant brat,” InuYasha said as he brought his sword, “I'll will soon put and end to you,”
 
 
Terrified, the little girl backed away from and InuYasha as she got up and tried to make a run for it. She continued to run until she tripped over something. InuYasha, who chased after her, eventually caught up to her.
 
 
“I will see you in hell, half breed,” InuYasha snickered as he swung his sword as was just about to kill her until-
 
  
----
 
 
“No!” Tani screamed as here eyes opened wide with fear. She woke up panting about as she looked left and right. She was in the room that Naraku left her in, in his dark castle. She continued to pant she ruffled her hair dark brown hair. She then looked at her hair and realized that she was still in her human state and she doesn't become a half demon until tonight.
 
 
“I must've... been dreaming…” she suddenly realized as she shuddered and reached into her pocket for her ocarina. But there was nothing there. “That's right… InuYasha's friends had stolen it… and I need it…” she thought bitterly and then sighed. “I need it to calm me down…”
 
 
Tani then got up, out of bed and looked out the window to determine the weather, to see what nature itself had to offer for the day. It was pretty difficult to determine whether it was even day or night seeing how the castle she was in was surrounded by ominous dark clouds and miasma all the time which made her seem skeptical at times with Naraku, but she was no was in no right to judge especially when she spent most of her life being judged. Tani sighed and then decided to walk out of her room.
 
  
When she was out of her room, she seemed overcome by the poisonous miasma that flowed around Naraku's castle as she began to have difficulty breathing through the thick atmosphere. Tani didn't know exactly what she was looking for; she figured that she needed someone to talk to. But finding someone was going to be harder than it seemed since the miasma was too much for the child who was in her human state. Tani looked to her right and decided to walk down the dark scary hallway despite her childhood fears.
  
 
As Tani walked down the hallway, her eyes began to grow timid from the gaseous stench of the miasma. If she continued to inhale anymore of the toxic poison, she could pass out or worse… die. Tani brought out a cloth that she had in her kimono and tied it around her face so that she could at least take the miasma. The ground floor that she walked on made a loud creak as she took each step down the hallway. Tani continued to walk until she had saw a double door up ahead. She walked even further; as she began to hear some weird noises. Gurgling sounds coming from what was beyond the hidden doors. She gulped as she continued to walk cautiously until she was right infront of the door. She brought out her hands as she was about to open the door. 
 
 
“You mustn't enter…” a quietly gentle voice called out.
  
 
Tani jumped from the sound of her voice as she turned around to see a girl who looked about her age but was a littler taller than her that was as white as snow. Naraku's soulless incarnate, Kanna.
 
  
“Oh, you startled me,” Tani said, feeling her heart beat beating fast within her chest.
 
 
The soulless demon walked up to Tani, “you mustn't enter,” she repeated.
 
 
“H-how come?” Tani asked, feeling edgy.
 
 
“Naraku doesn't like to be disturbed,” Kanna responded.
  
 
“Oh, Naraku is in there?” She asked giving the door a quick glance. “I-I… heard some strange noises…”
 
  
“Naraku… doesn't want you to go near those doors…” Kanna told Tani while holding her mirror.
 
 
Tani blinked and then scratched her head and fiddled with one of her slim braided pigtails. “Okay…” she finally responded.
  
 
The two young girls stood infront of each other face to face. No one said a word. It didn't seem like either of them wanted to. This was an official awkward silence that screamed in the room.
 
 
Kanna soon turned around and started to walk forward.
 
  
“Wait, where are you going?” Tani said trying to walk up to her.
 
 
The ghostly demon didn't respond as she turned to the next corridor. By the time Tani turned to the next corridor, Kanna was gone.
 
 
“What the…” Tani blinked, “where did she go? She couldn't have walked that fast. The girl was creepy anyway; she almost seemed like a ghost too…” Tani thought as she continued to walk around the castle. The more Tani walked down each hallway, the emptier the castle had seemed.
 
 
“Is there something… troubling you, Tani?” A familiar dark voice asked.
 
 
The human girl turned to see Naraku from behind walking up to her. Tani looked up at Naraku.
 
 
“Um…” she trailed off. “Well I kinda needed to talk to someone…” Tani replied. “But… it was pretty hard to find someone to talk to and you were in some room that Kanna told me not to go into,” The girl sighed. “My things had been stolen from InuYasha.”
  
 
“Oh, what kind of things?” Naraku asked with a lot of concern in his voice.
 
 
“My ocarina and necklace…”
 
 
“Your ocarina and necklace?”
 
 
Tani nodded, “Mhm… my mother gave them both to me, they were very precious to me…”
 
 
“I'm sorry to here,” Naraku said.
 
 
 
Tani lowered her head, feeling sorry for herself after everything that had happened to her. Her stomach soon began to growl. Tani blushed as she rested her hand on her stomach and looked up Naraku.
 
 
“Are you hungry Tani?” Naraku asked.
 
 
“I-I guess I am, I haven't exactly eaten in two days… since mother died… I really sorta ignored my hunger…” Tani replied sheepishly.
 
  
“I suppose you should eat something to recuperate your strength, Tani.”
  
 
“Yeah, I guess so…” Tani replied.
 
 
 “Kagura will escort you out of the castle and Kohaku will assist you.”
  
 
----
  
 
“Rumors?” Kagome asked.
 
  
“What kind of rumors Myoga? How does it link to us? Come on out with it,” InuYasha
said getting a little impatient with the demon flea.
  
 
“Well,” Myoga began, “As I was traveling I came across rumors about a half demon slaying a priestess.” He paused before continuing, “You wouldn't know anything about that, would you master?”
  
 
“Just what are you implying Myoga?” InuYasha growled getting offended with Myoga's question.
 
 
Myoga began to feel a sweat drop go down the back of his head. “No, no master, I wasn't implying anything, I was just wondering if you knew anything about that… I wasn't implying anything…” he responded as he sheepishly looked away from his master.
 
 
Kagome lightly touched InuYasha's shoulder, “Calm down InuYasha, let's explain to Myoga what happened,” she said.
 
 
InuYasha took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down.
  
 
“Now then,” Kagome started, “Yes a priestess was killed, but it wasn't by a half demon.”
 
 
“That's human's for ya, they twist the whole thing around…” InuYasha said.
  
 
“The rumors that you have been hearing, Myoga, were not true at all. This priestess wasn't killed by a half demon at all, but was killed by Naraku; the half demon was the priestesses' daughter.” Kagome explained.
 
 
“Tani,” InuYasha said.
  
 
“Tani?” Myoga asked confused.
  
 
“Tani is the daughter of the priestess who was killed by Naraku, Lady Larina. Tani is the half demon that supposedly killed her mother; her mother a human and her father a demon. Because she was a half demon, humans believed that she was the one who murdered her mother when really it was Naraku.” Kagome said.
  
 
“So the villagers kicked her out of their village.” InuYasha said. “Not caring what would happen to her afterwards.”
 
 
“And to make matters worse, Naraku has manipulated her into believing that Kikyo is responsible for her mother's death.”
  
 
“She also despises for defending Kikyo thinking that I betrayed her as well… so getting her back is going to be harder than I thought.” InuYasha said.
  
 
“I see, this is some predicament that you have come upon master,” Myoga said.
 
  
“Huh, tell me about it,” InuYasha scoffed.
 
 
“Tell me InuYasha…” Myoga began. 
 
 
InuYasha lifted his head.
  
 
“What purpose does Naraku have with this, Tani character?”
 
  
“He wants her to do his dirty work for him,” InuYasha growled, “He wants Tani to get rid of Kikyo, for good. Since Tani's mother was a priestess, Tani may know tactics of a priestess. Or, he could even try to get rid of Kagome.” He said turning to Kagome. “Since you have spiritual powers, he's going to do whatever he can to defeat us.”
  
 
Kagome agreed with a nod. “He's a despicable beast, going as low as to manipulate a child to do his bidding.” Kagome said “Although... it shouldn't be surprising, he brainwashed Sango's brother, Kohaku into killing his own family…” She thought.
  
 
“I also believe that Naraku is using Tani as a shield towards you, master,” Myoga said as he crossed his four arms and began to go into deep thought.
 
 
Both Kagome and InuYasha leaned closer to hear Myoga's logic.
 
 
“What are you talking about Myoga?” InuYasha asked aggressively.
  
 
“What exactly do you mean?” Kagome asked more gently.
  
 
Myoga began to make himself very comfortable, “it's quite simple actually,” he began, “you see, InuYasha, Tani is that of a half demon like you stated before…”
 
 
InuYasha nodded.
 
 
“Well, it is possible that you sympathize for her, don't you?” Myoga asked.
  
 
Kagome looked up to study InuYasha's face; he showed no sign of sympathy or sadness, only anger as he nodded to Myoga's question.
  
 
“Because of this InuYasha, it's difficult for you to strike her with your sword because she is a half demon girl. So-,”
  
 
“Naraku is taking advantage of the situation, so you can never attack him because he knows that you can't and won't hurt Tani.” Kagome finished.
 
 
“Exactly,” Myoga replied with a nod.
  
 
InuYasha gritted his teeth as he clenched his fists, “…damn… damn that Naraku!” the canine half demon cursed under his breath.
 
 
“…so there you are,” A familiar, smooth, male voice called out.
  
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome had turned their heads to see Miroku along with Sango; walking up to them Kirara was on Sango's shoulder as of Shippo on Miroku's.
  
 
“We finally found you,” Shippo said as he hopped off Miroku's shoulder to sit on Kagome's lap.
 
 
“We thought that you went off to find Naraku,” Sango said as she walked over to sit beside Kagome.
  
 
“Yeah, we woke up and you and InuYasha weren't there,” Shippo said looking up Kagome.
  
 
Kagome looked down at Shippo and then looked up a Sango and then pulled a sympathetic look. “We're sorry; we didn't mean to make you worry.”
  
 
“Huh, besides, if I did go out in search to find Naraku, I would've had some sort of lead
to find him, give me some credit guys.” InuYasha said.
  
 
“Our apologies,” Miroku said who was still standing.
  
 
“What are you two doing out here anyway?” Suddenly Shippo felt a sharp, small pinch on his cheek, “ow,” went Shippo as he slapped his face to stop the small itch. He then looked down on his hand to see a flattened familiar flee. “Myoga, what are you doing here?”
  
 
“I have been here since sunrise,” Replied Myoga.
 
 
“We were talking about Tani,” Kagome informed the rest of the gang.
  
 
“Yeah, we were,” InuYasha said folding his arms, “Before Myoga showed up, Kagome had told me that there is a way to save Tani… well… at least her demon side…” he began to explain.
  
 
Sango, Shippo and Miroku seemed astonished to what InuYasha had just said as they turned to Kagome waiting for the details.
  
 
Kagome who didn't return her friends' glances just sat there a nodded in agreement to what InuYasha had just told the gang. “It's true, there is a way to save Tani, but I'm not sure if it may actually work...”
  
 
“Well,” Miroku insisted, “is it an idea, a theory that you may have to save Tani?”
  
 
Kagome then looked up at Miroku so that she could give him a response, “well…” she began once again, “not exactly… you see, this all happen to me in a dream.” Kagome paused to study the expression on Miroku's and Sango's face. They seemed rather skeptical, “just let me explain the whole thing. In my dream, Tani's mother came to me.”
  
 
“Y-you mean, Priestess Larina?” Miroku asked in shock.
  
 
“I didn't hear anything about this,” Myoga stated as he too was listening in on the Kagome's story.
  
 
“But, how is that even possible…?” Sango asked in disbelief, “Lady Larina is dead… Naraku killed her, remember?”
  
 
“I know, I know, but, in my dream, it seemed very real, she told that herself, using those exact same words, `this is very real,'” Kagome continued. “She also told me that she had used every single ounce of her spiritual powers to just to contact me…”
  
 
“But, why you Kagome?” Shippo asked who was still sitting Kagome's lap.
  
 
“Well, Lady Larina told me that I have unusual spiritual powers,” Kagome spoke once again.
 
 
“Since you're the reincarnate of Kikyo,” InuYasha said.
 
 
Kagome nodded in response, “exactly, because I have strong spiritual powers, Lady Larina, therefore was able to contact me by using her spiritual powers.”
 
 
“In your sleep?” Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Myoga all asked in unison.
  
 
“That's exactly what I said,” InuYasha said.
  
 
“Just bear with me guys,” Kagome said, “she did contact me in my sleep. She told me that there is a way to keep Tani's demon side dormant.” Kagome then dug into her pocket to bring out the ocarina and the necklace that belonged to Tani. “Theses items are what helps keep Tani's demon side sealed.”
  
 
“Like InuYasha's Tetsusaiga?” Miroku asked. 
 
 
“Exactly,” Kagome confirmed.
 
 
“But how?” Shippo asked.
  
 
“That's a very good question,” Sango agreed.
 
 
Kagome blinked then looked at the items and then back at her friends, “well the necklace at first, seals the demon side of Tani, shut but that alone can't shut off Tani's demon side. The ocarina calms her demon spirit down when ever she is…” Kagome tried to explain as she tried her best to find the right words, “well…” she pondered, “…I guess you can say… um… stressed.”
 
 
Miroku took the ocarina from Kagome's hands and studied the strange instrument, “I see… very interesting…” he said as he continued to look at it.
  
 
Myoga, at that moment hopped off Shippo's palm and hopped onto Miroku's knuckles to get a closer look at the instrument, “Interesting indeed,” agreed Myoga, “so is there like some sort of spell in the ocarina that put Tani's demon side at ease?”
 
 
“Well…” Kagome spoke again as she scratched her head, “I wouldn't say spell, but, it's like some sort of lullaby that calms Tani's demon spirit.”
 
 
Sango awed, “did you learn this lullaby Kagome?”
  
 
Kagome once again blushed as she sheepishly looked again from her friends, “well you see…”
  
 
“Kagome woke up before she could even hear the first note,” InuYasha replied, gruffly.
 
  
“Hey,” Kagome didn't appreciate the way InuYasha said that “Cut me some slack InuYasha.”
 
 
“What?” InuYasha rebelled, “I'm just saying, that's what happened!”
  
 
Kagome frowned, “you still didn't have to say it like that though… it was an accident!”
  
 
“But I'm telling it like it is! You did wake up!” InuYasha retaliated once more.
 
 
Kagome frowned once again but then sighed as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes “InuYasha…” she spoke lightly, “SIT!” she then commanded.
 
  
And with that InuYasha's necklace began to glow once more as it plunged itself to the ground, taking InuYasha down with it. InuYasha groaned in pain, “would you stop doing that?” he growled.
  
 
“Hmph, serve's you right,” Kagome said.
  
 
“Well Kagome,” Sango began, “do you believe that your dream might be real and what Tani's mother said was real in your dream?”
 
 
Kagome nodded, “It has to be real, she told me that herself, why not? It's an idea of how to get Tani back; she also told me that she trusts us enough to do so…” 
 
 
“Hmm, I guess you're right about that,” Miroku said.
  
 
“But it's kinda creepy on how this all occurred in a dream and somewhat strange at the same time,” Shippo stated as he shuddered at the idea of a dead woman visiting him in his sleep but then calmed himself down when remembered that Tani's mother was beautiful. But still… it's a scary thought.
  
 
“Yes, that is strange but she was a priestess and a mother, a strange combination,” Myoga said, “she must've been a strong priestess before she fell in love with a demon, her powers must've waned when she bore him a child. But at the same time her strength gained by the love of her child which is probably how she was able to contact you, Kagome,”
 
 
“That makes sense, I guess…” Kagome said.
  
 
It was quiet now as everyone was trying to sink in what Kagome had just informed then. Then Myoga soon thought of something as he began to go deep in thought, “I've just remembered something,” he said as he sat Miroku's wrist.
  
 
“What is it Myoga?” Miroku asked.
  
 
“Do tell,” Sango pressed.
 
 
The demon flea thought for a bit before he began to speak and then looked at InuYasha, “I just remembered that this, Tani is that of a half demon sprite…” he began.
 
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow, “what does that got to do with anything?”
  
 
“Yeah Myoga, that doesn't really fit into what we're talking about,” Shippo said.
  
 
Myoga cleared his throat before he spoke again, “allow me to explain,” he began once again, “there is more to one reason why Naraku is using Tani for his own purpose…”
  
 
“Before we get into that Myoga,” Kagome started, “why don't you explain to us to what an actual demon sprite is.”
  
 
Sango began to think back to the last time she had heard of that type of demon. She's a demon slayer, so she must've heard it from somewhere before as she began to ponder and then suddenly remembered, “I've been brought up to learn that demon sprites are the foulest creature ever known to man,” she told them.
  
 
“Are you serious?” Kagome asked in shock.
  
 
“Huh,” InuYasha went, “if they're so tough, how come I ain't heard of them,” he asked.
  
 
“Ah, Master, but you have fought them before…” Myoga said.
  
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow, still confused.
 
 
“He has, Myoga?” Kagome asked.
 
  
Myoga nodded, “indeed so, Master has faced demon sprites before,” he said, “demon sprites are foul creatures that have the power they have been influenced through nature.” He began to explain.
 
 
“This isn't really jogging my memory Myoga,” InuYasha told the demon flea impatiently, “would you be so kind as to refresh my memory?” 
 
 
“Yeah Myoga, tell us who InuYasha had faced that were demon sprites,” Shippo said.
  
 
Myoga looked up at Shippo, “Shippo I'm surprised that you don't know who I'm talking about, of all people. I'm talking about that of the Thunder Brothers!” He finally revealed.
  
 
“The… Thunder Brothers?” Miroku and Sango asked in unison. Of course, Miroku and Sango weren't there when InuYasha, Kagome and Shippo encountered on the Thunder Brothers.
  
 
Kagome then had a flashback to when she and InuYasha had first met Shippo and when they all encountered on the Thunder Brothers. They were terrible, frightening demons. One name Hiten, the older brother and the other named Monten. They both, especially Monten, were responsible for the death of Shippo's father who each shards of the sacred Shikon no Tama. Shippo had then vowed to avenge the death of his father and successfully fulfilled his promise, with the help of his father's spirit and InuYasha.
 
 
“Myoga, you said that they were demon sprites because they had the power which was influenced by nature?” Kagome asked Myoga.
  
 
Myoga nodded, “yes, exactly, which was-,”
 
 
“Thunder and lightning…” Shippo finished.
 
 
“So then… would Tani be related to the Thunder Brothers?” Kagome asked. 
 
 
“I don't believe so,” Myoga responded, “they may be the same race, but, however they may be in different clans. What can Tani do exactly?”
  
 
“Huh, she's able to fire attacks that have anything to do from space I believe,” Kagome informed.
  
 
“Like shoot out fireballs and stuff,” InuYasha added.
  
 
“She even claimed herself that the fire itself was from the sun,” Miroku said.
 
 
“Perhaps that's what the sun and the moon represent on her necklace then…” Sango said, staring at the necklace that Kagome had still been holding, “the type of half demon sprite she is.”
  
 
“You're right Sango,” Kagome replied.
 
 
“I still don't understand what this has to do with anything…” InuYasha getting a little more impatient, “what does Tani's race have to do with anything?”
  
 
“A demon flea as old as myself has witnessed great amount of power…” Myoga said.
 
 
InuYasha lowered his eyes in disbelief, “why am I yet finding that so hard to believe?”
  
 
“That's for sure… usually you would flee before you get a chance,” Shippo agreed.
 
 
Myoga ignored as he coughed off the feeling of himself being uncomfortable, “anyway, as I was saying, I've come to learn that demon sprites are malevolent beasts that can reach to an extent amount of power that even they can't handle it so insult, they die. But it's usually one demon sprite every one hundred years that there is an ultimate demon sprite…”
  
 
“So you're saying that Tani is this new ultimate one?” InuYasha asked in disbelief, “She's just a little girl! How can Naraku possible believe that a little girl can contain so much power in the first place?” 
 
 
“I bet she's also unaware that she contains that much power too, therefore Naraku will use the Shikon jewel to boost up her strength…” Miroku said.
  
 
“Naraku is completely utterly selfish; using an innocent child like that, I bet her ultimate power awakens when she is a full demon. This is why Naraku believes she's strong enough to take on a Priestess…” Sango stated.
 
 
“He doesn't even care if she dies in the process as well. As a full demon, Tani already had enough difficulty controlling it; so Tani's life is in greater danger because of this.” Kagome said.
 
 
“Well,” InuYasha began once again, “now that we know that we have a chance of saving her, we just need to make sure that Tani's mother comes back in your dream again, Kagome.”
 
  
Kagome nodded in response, “The sooner, the better…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
End Chapter