InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart of You ❯ Chapter 11: A Deal with the Devil ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE HEART OF YOU: PART 2
 
CHAPTER 11: A Deal with the Devil
 
Tears streamed down her face, creating a puddle at the ground. She closed her eyes. ~Inuyasha ~ How could she have been so blind? How could she have been so foolish? She was madly in love with him. But he never seemed to show his love for her. How could she have known? She felt so unloved…so unwanted. And this feeling tore up her heart so much that she did the worst thing she could think of- run away to someone else. Just to feel the comfort again…to be in love with someone who cared about her too. That was the only way she could get over things. The only problem was that she picked the wrong `someone else'. As she realized this, she opened her eyes and laid her hand on Inuyasha's cheek. She had never really loved Sesshomaru after all.
 
“Inuyasha…my heart belongs to you…no one else…just you.”
 
Miroku and Sango, who had been chasing after the culprit, now returned.
 
“Kagome!” Sango cried. Seeing the limp body, she raced over and hugged her friend.
 
Miroku ran over and kneeled beside Inuyasha. “Lady Kagome…I am truly sorry.”
 
They sat there for a few moments, taking in all the happenings of that morning.
 
Just then, a gust of wind swept over the clearing, chilling Kagome to her bones. A black light broke through the wall of trees.
 
If it is life you wish…it is the blade who can grant it,” came an eerie voice. “...the blade of wishes.”
 
She jumped, stumbling backwards. Her hand moved franticly over the ground behind her, searching for something she could use to protect herself.
 
…The blade…blade…of wishes…” The words continuously echoed through Kagome's mind, smearing her thoughts with the thoughts of whatever was trying to contact her. She shivered as it wove itself deeper into her body, seeming to fuse with her. Her blood ran cold, her vision clouded over, and she fell to the ground, screaming.
 
“Kagome! Kagome! Wake up!” She opened her eyes to see Sango and Miroku standing over her, wide eyes masking their concerned expressions.
 
“I...” Her eyes clouded over once more, and she fell into a deep sleep.
 
--------
 
When she awoke, Kagome found herself to be aching all over. It was as if her body had been struggling against a force to be reckoned with. Somehow, it had depleted her strength a great deal, and everything around her appeared to be a blur.
 
Through the hazy mess came a figure. Surprisingly, she could see it quite clearly, yet not clear enough to see its features in detail. “Who…?” she asked, too exhausted to finish her sentence.
 
I see…you have been weakened. Though, it was not unexpected.
 
It was the same eerie voice that she'd heard back by the well. “G…get away…” she moaned, breathing heavily. Her muscles throbbed as she attempted to pull herself along the ground. “AHHH!!!”
 
I think it would be best if you were not to move, my love,” he said, the words slipping from his tongue with a sickening tone. As the figure moved closer, she could make out long, hair. The color was so indistinguishable from any other that she could not tell which it was. His long, black eyelashes parted to reveal bright, red eyes, making her shiver.
 
“Who…who are you?! What is it that you want from me, you…you awful beast!”
 
I am not awful. Nor am I a beast. And watch your tongue, woman, else I tear it `way from your head. Also, it is not what I want from YOU…so much as what YOU want from this one. Keh heh heh…”
 
“What? What do you mean…?” What could this…thing…be talking about? What could she possibly want from HIM? Wait…he had said something about...a sword?
 
You remember, do you not, the blade of which I spoke? It can help you, you see. It can help you fulfill ANY ambition your little heart can muster up a desire for.”
 
“Wh…what? Is this some sort of magic wishing sword?”
 
“Keh…why else would it be called the blade of wishes, do you think? For a priestess, you're awful slow-brained.”
 
A wishing sword? A sword….that could grant ANY of her deepest desires? “So…this sword….” How….? How could she be making deals with the devil? that's what this man was, wasn't he? “c…could…it bring a person back to life?”
 
She wished…wished with all her body and soul….
 
“Feh…the magic sword bring someone back from the dead?”
 
Please…please say yes….
 
Tis but a simple task for the blade of wishes. However…”
 
“WHAT? YOU SAID IT'D WORK--!!”
 
Listen before you spout your nonsense, woman! As do all favors, this shall require a payment…a payment to this one for helping you find the sword of mystical powers…and something to trade with the sword as payment for lending it's wondrous power to fulfill your silly wish.”
 
It couldn't be too bad, could it? Money? Jewelry? What could he possibly ask of her?
 
However, you see…the power of the sword is a prize of GREAT value…therefore, I must divulge, with great sorrow, that your payment be the thing that is most dear to you. The question now remains, are you willing to pay that price? Keh heh heh…”
 
“Wh…what…?”
 
As for the sword, I cannot tell you exactly what it will ask…but as for this one…the payment is…”
 
Whispers blew through her ears as the odd sensation blew through her body. She could feel a darkness emanating from her soul, deep down inside where she could not reach and extract it. “Yes…ok,” she had answered to the demon man. She'd agreed to his payment, tears flowing from her face, and now he was inside her.
 
“I AM GIVING THIS TO YOU…AND YOU JUMP INSIDE ME AND TAKE MY SOUL?!” she screamed. “THIS BETTER WORK, DAMN YOU!!”
 
“What? Kagome, what are you talking about?” It was Sango who spoke. “Kagome, you're awake now, it's okay.”
 
“Where…am I?”
 
“That's a stupid question. You're right where you fell down, of course!”
 
“Lady Kagome, are you alright?”
 
“Miroku…Sango…you guys…” She started to tear up. “Oh I'm so glad you're here! I was so afraid! And then he…and then I…oh god! Help me! Please!”
 
“Kagome! Settle down! It's alright now! We're here with you!”
 
“Please tell us, Lady Kagome…who is this…being…of which you speak? The one you referred to as `he'.” Miroku.
 
“I…I don't know…but I think…that the devil himself…has taken over my soul.”