InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart Within The Beast ❯ Greed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Heart Within The Beast
 
Greed
 
Later that day, Kagome arrived at the queen's castle. She walked inside and was greeted by a group of nobles at a round table. “Hello, Kagome” said the queen. “How is your day going?” “It's going great, mother. Is there anything I can do for you?” Kagome, one of the queen's daughters and priestesses, replied. “No, dear. My suitors can take care of everything.” “Are you sure that I can't fill up a nice, warm bubble bath for you, mother?” asked Kagome, hoping that her mother would take off the sacred jewel necklace that she wore around her neck, so she would have a chance to snatch it. “Oh, Kagome that would be great! Thank you.” “No problem mother, I'll get right to it.” Kagome walked upstairs into the master bathroom. It was embroidered with all kinds of jewels and clad with decor from all over Japan. Kagome ran the water, added just enough soap and called her mother to the bathroom. Her mother arrived to the bathroom and noticed that there were no towels. “Kagome my dear, would you be so kind as to fetch me a towel. “Of course, mother.” replied the excited maiden. Kagome went down the west hall, to the closet and fetched a towel. When she arrived back at the bathroom, the door was locked. Panicking, Kagome yelled, “Mother, open up. I have your towel.” The queen replied “Why thank you, Kagome! Just leave it outside the door.” Kagome growled in fury, as she realized her plans were ruined.
 
After Kikyo's date with Inuyasha, she hurried to the castle, excited to snatch the jewel from the queen. She happily walked into the castle, ready for her plan. The queen and the other nobles greeted her. “Oh hello my sweet Kikyo. How are you?” said the queen. “I am just fine, mother.” replied the anxious Kikyo, the queen's other daughter and priestess. Kikyo, being the bitch that she is, decided to go to more drastic measures. “Mother, can I get you a drink?” said Kikyo, as she thought out her plan to poison her mother to a deep sleep, giving her a chance to grab the jewel. “Oh that would be great, Kikyo! Just get me anything.” Kikyo hurried to the kitchen and started to boil a pot of tea. Once it was finished, she quickly added a drop of poison to the sizzling concoction. She poured the tea into a cup and hurried to her mother. Her mother's eyes lit up as she saw her daughter. Kikyo handed the tea to her mother and with a sweet wink her mother said “Thank you honey.” Her mother then took a sip and in a disgusted face yelled “Eww. I HATE green tea! Could you please take this back, Kikyo? I no longer have any thirst.” Kikyo's blood boiled as she saw her plans being ruined right before her very eyes.
 
The angry sisters, Kikyo and Kagome sulked, thinking of how they were letting Inuyasha, their love down. All of a sudden, a stroke of genius came to Kagome. “I can go up to my mother's room, while she's sleeping and I can grab the jewel from her.” An instant later, Kikyo came up with the same plan. Later that night, at midnight, while their mother was sleeping, the sisters decided to carry out their brilliant plan. Kagome went up the east staircase and entered the master bedroom through the east door. Kikyo slithered up the west staircase and entered the master bedroom through the west door. Kagome, being as quiet as possible, tiptoed over to her mother's side. At the same moment, Kikyo creeped toward her mother at the other side of the bed. The two sisters had no idea that they were in each others' presence. In a quick fluid motion, the sisters each grabbed the jewel from their mother's neck. In shock of seeing each other, the sisters began to quarrel over the possession over the jewel. Trying not to wake their mother, the priestesses took the argument outside. Kagome shouted at her sister. “What are you doing with the sacred jewel, sister?” Kikyo replied, “I need it to help the half-demon Inuyasha.” Angrily, Kagome yelled “What are you talking about? I'm retrieving the sacred jewel for Inuyasha. He is my boyfriend!” The steaming Kikyo screamed “He's mine!” The sisters fought over the jewel until sunrise and finally, the necklace holding the jewel snapped and the jewel fell to the ground, shattered into a million pieces. All of a sudden, the jewel shards disappeared and scattered all across Japan.