InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The High School Life ❯ Intro ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Intro" What Kagome is about to face…at Shikon High

"Kagome" a voice called "KAGOME"

"I'm coming, I'm coming, hold your horses…" Kagome muttered as she rolled off bed and trudged to her bathroom, only to find it occupied by her younger brother.

"SOUTA" Kagome said while banging onto the door. When the door didn't open, she gave up and went to change into her new outfit. She had thought that she was going to have to wear a uniform, so she didn't know what to wear. So she pulled out the first thing she could find from her closet…which happened to be her new bright red bra.

"Let's try that again." Kagome said to herself, reaching in again. This time, she pulled out her pair of black jeans and red tank top. It was late March, so it was pretty warm outside.

She quickly slipped them on before padding back to the bathroom. Good, her brother was out. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. She looked at her hair, it was a mess! She quickly tied in a messy bun at the top of her head before proceeding to the kitchen.

She glanced at the stove clock. 8:13!! She grabbed the toast that her brother was about to eat, grabbed her pre-packed bag and ran out the door.

"Luv ya Mom, luv ya Souta. Thanks for the toast" she yelled back.

"I was going to offer you some you know. All you had to do was ask." Souta grumbled, getting up to fix himself some breakfast.

Kagome panted as she stood in front of the office door. It said "PRINCIPAL KEADE, SHIKON HIGH SCHOOL" neatly on the glass door. She had gotten to school in record time. As she pushed the door open, she looked down to see if she looked ok. Only to bump into something. Thinking that she had hit the wall, she looked up…to see a pair of amber eyes go from surprise quickly to a glare.

"Watch it wench" the person growled at her.

Kagome's anger flared up almost instantly. "What did you just call me, jerk?" Kagome snarled back at him.

"Wench" he said simply

"Jerk"

"Bitch"

"Asshole"

"-" He was cut off as a voice from inside the office called "Miss Higurashi? Come on in"

Kagome laughed right in his face. "See you later, sweetie" she said in a sickly sweet voice.

Inuyasha could only stare at the retreating back in shock. Sweetie!? The raven-haired girl had called him sweetie!? She didn't even know him.

As Inuyasha stepped out of the office, he had seen who he thought was Kikyo. But her behavior was so notikyo-like. Kikyo would never run into him, but would run up to him squealing, with her whole gang close at her heels.

As Inuyasha thought about the girl he had just encountered, he heard a familiar squeal echo through the hallways. "Kikyo…he thought as he took a deep breath and turned towards the sound.

"Inu" Kikyo cooed as she wrapped her arms around Inuyasha's neck. Inuyasha did nothing to try to move his hands to go around Kikyo's waist.

He didn't even know why he was still going out with Kikyo. It's not like he stilled liked…of even liked her. At the beginning, it was because he was new to this town and Kikyo took a liking in him. Back then, and still now, she was really popular. So he figured it wouldn't hurt if he went out with her for a little while.

But after a while, he grew tired of her sluttish ways and tried to break up. But he still wasn't popular back then, so he decided to stay a little while more with her.

He was popular now, but was still with her.

"Inu, what's wrong honey?" Kikyo purred into Inu's ear. Year's of adaptation has taught him not to jump or tense up.

"Was it that girl you bumped into at the office?" Kikyo said, glancing at the office.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

"Miss Higurashi, please have a seat." Principal Kaede said. As the girl took her seat, Kaede looked over her profile sent over by her old school. Good attendance…good grades…scholarships…just the exact opposite of Inuyasha. Then an idea popped into her head. Hmm…

"Miss Higurashi, after I let you go, go to locker #1006 and find a boy named Inuyasha. He will show you around the school. You will be paired up with him for the remainder of this year's projects. Okya?"? Kagome only nodded in response.

Keade handed Kagome's schedule, locker number and combo to her and then quickly shooed her out of her office because Kagome was going to be late for class.

"I hope he's nice" was Kagome's last thought was she left the office in search of this mystery person named Inuyasha.

Hope you guys liked it. It's my first fanfic. I've always wanted to write one…but didn't know what to write. R & R pleeez…not flames. Thanks…you guys are the best.