InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The High School Life ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey!! Chapter 4 coming rite up *ding* wait…just lemme get it outta the microwave…

Here ya go…

Kagome walked into the changeroom. Nobody was there. So she just picked a random locker and began to change. As she changed, she thought about how stupid she was. How could she not have known that that person was Inuyasha. *kicks herself mentally* *not satisfied, kicks herself a couple more time*

But he was also pretty cute…wait, what am I thinking. He's not cute…he's not cute…he's cute…he's really cute…he's AHHH!!!

Kagome was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn't notice that people started to come in. Suddenly, someone softly tapped her on the shoulder.

"AHH!!" Kagome screamed, jumping 5 feet into the air. When she calmed down, she narrowed her eyes and glared at the girl.

"Whadda ya want? Go away!" Kagome practically screamed at the poor girl.

"Um…" the girl looked like she was about to cry.

Then this other girl came up to the pair and said, "Err…Kagome, I think you're in her locker."

"Locker…locker…oh, locker….Oops…hehe…sorry `bout that." Kagome said, mentally kicking herself again.

"Why don't you share a locker with me" the girl that just came said.

"Are you sure..." and when the girl nodded, "Yay!! Thanks. Btw, my name is Kagome."

"Hey, my name is Sango."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

Outside in the field…

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP* The whistle shrieked to get everyone's attention. Everyone looked up (A/N It's girls and boys…they're out together on the field)

"Thank you." Coach Hobbin said. "Now, as you all know, we're doing running for the next month. We have to time you to see where you're at and how much you improve by the end of this unit. Get into groups of 6-7."

After that being said, there was mass chaos on the field. Hands were grabbing, people were being shoved and pulled so others can get their desired groups.

After 10 minutes or so, everything calmed down. Most people had who they wanted. Kagome was with Sango, Inuyasha, the slut…Kikyo, the guy with the short ponytail and Kikyo's two followers.

"Kagome, this is Miroku." Inuyasha pointed out. "Those two are Yura and Kagura. You don't want to know them" He muttered the last part for Kagome's ears alone. Kagome suppressed a giggle.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

(general POV)

*clap*clap* "Ok folks, now line up in lines with your group. I repeat, with you groups" Coach Hobbin said. This time, everyone lined up along the goal post lines nice and orderly so nobody was killed in the process.

Coach Hobbin walked along the line throwing the first person in each line a stopwatch. Inuyasha caught it with ease, even though Kikyo was clinging onto him like it was the end of the world.

"First person get ready." Coach Hobbin called. Inuyasha stepped up to the line as he tossed the stopwatch to Miroku.

"On your mark, get set, GO!"

The runners surged forward. (A/N They're running twice around the field…so about 800 meters) Soon, there were only two people in the lead…Inuyasha and Kouga. The other runners continued running as if it was normal.

"What are they doing? Its very dangerous running at that speed." Kagome whispered to Sango, panic evident in her eyes.

"What? Do what?" When she saw Kagome point at Inuyasha and Kouga, she almost yawned. "Oh that, they do that all the time. You get used to it after a while."

"Oh…" Kagome said and went back to staring in amazement.

When Inuyasha finished the race and came back to his group, he didn't seem the least bit tired. Miroku went to report Inuyasha's time to the teacher.

Kagome was about to ask Inuyasha if he was the OK when Couch Hobbin yelled once again "Inuyasha wins again with 7 minutes 34 seconds and Kouga trailing a little behind with 7 minutes 39 seconds. NEXT UP!!!"

Kagome's group looked at each other. Then everyone except Kagome looked at Kagome.

"Ugh…fine." Kagome pouted and walked to the starting line.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Inuyasha stared at the raven-headed girl for the second time in the day with amazement. Kagome was speeding off like crazy. Soon, she was running on her own in front of all the other racers. Some almost stopped and gaped at the runner.

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice Kagome speed towards the finish line, which is also the starting line. He was standing at the finish/starting line.

BAM!! Kagome smacked right into Inuyasha. They rolled together for a few feet before stopping. Everything seemed to stop in time. Then you could see Kagome jump up, dust her herself off, then fall back right onto the ground to see if Inuyasha was alright.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

"Omg, omg, omg…I can't believe I almost killed Inuyasha today. What if he's not alright? Ah!!..." Kagome thought feverishly.

Kagome, in her panic state, started shaking Inuyasha by the shoulders. Lightly at first, then as she saw that Inuyasha still wasn't awake yet, the shaking got stronger and stronger until Kagome was oblivious to everything else except shaking Inuyasha.