InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Journey of the Half-Immortal ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twenty
 
“I need to go check on my wolves.”
“Do you have to go right now, Kouga?”
“Aniu.”
“Sorry.”
Kouga grabbed the girl's chin and lifted her face to his. He smiled gently at her and she smiled back. He leaned his face down and kissed her nose.
“Don't be sad, I'll be back soon.”
“Promise?”
“Yeah.”
Her face brightened with the smile she gave him. Kouga suddenly valued that smile. He stroked his hand down the side of her face. “Bye.” Then he was running through the woods.
“Bye!” Aniu called after him.
 
And then I crashed into you…
* * * * *
 
“Kagome!”
“Inuyasha!”
“Hey guys,” Kagome said.
“Where were you?” Sango asked hugging her best friend.
“We just went for a walk.”
“All night?” Miroku asked with an evil smirk on his face.
“No you pervert! We just walked and talked.”
“Uh-huh.”
WHAM!
“Shut up, monk.”
“Geez, Inuyasha.”
“Keh.”
Inuyasha walked from the group and sat down with his back to one of the trees surrounding their campsite. Kagome watched him.
“Hello,” Sango tapped Kagome on the head. “Anyone in there?”
Kagome jumped. “Sorry, what did you say?”
“Where did you guys go?”
“Oh, just around.”
Sango put her hands on her hips.
“Really,” she didn't sound convinced.
“Sango.”
“You're both hiding something.”
Inuyasha's ears perked slightly at that comment.
“See!”
“Sango, we just went to see Aniu.”
Sango narrowed her eyes. “Without us?”
“It was an emergency.”
“How did you know?”
Kagome rolled her eyes and turned around. “Ask Inuyasha, I'm going to sleep.”
Sango turned to Inuyasha but he wasn't there. She looked up into the tree and around the campsite but he wasn't anywhere. She sighed and looked at Miroku.
“What are we going to do with them? They don't tell us anything.”
“Maybe they will tell us when they are ready.”
“I hate being out of the loop.”
“So do I.”
* * * * *
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru! Lady Aniu!”
“Hey Rin,” Aniu said softly. “How are you doing?”
“I am fine. Jaken is sulking again.”
“I thought he always did that,” Aniu said as she knelt down in front of the little girl.
“Yeah.”
The girls laughed softly as Sesshoumaru walked past them looking for Jaken. Where was that toad?
“Say, where is Jaken?” Aniu asked.
Sesshoumaru kept his surprise to himself. It was like she read his mind.
“He is down by the creek. I'll show you.”
Aniu smiled and said, “Alright.”
The golden haired girl stood and Rin took her hand and started leading her to the creek.
“Lady Aniu?”
“Yes, Rin.”
“What happened to your neck?”
Aniu almost stopped but forced herself to keep going as her mind ran with what happened at the hot spring. She shook her head before the visual became clear.
“Uh, I was attacked by a demon.”
Rin stopped and looked at Aniu with soft horror growing on her face. “Really?”
“Yeah.”
“Did Lord Sesshoumaru kill it?”
Aniu just stared at the girl for a few minutes. “Yeah.”
The little girl smiled and continued on. “Lord Sesshoumaru will always protect us.”
“Yeah. I believe he will.”
Aniu resisted the urge to look behind her at the taiyoukai. They had only just realized what Sesshoumaru's bite had done to both of them. But it seemed that both of them were happy with the arrangement. For now.
* * * * *
 
“Jaken.”
The toad startled at the cold tone that he knew so well. He whirled and saw Lord Sesshoumaru and Aniu standing behind him.
“Lord Sesshoumaru.”
Aniu cleared her throat.
Jaken scowled at her. “Wench.”
WHACK!
“You will show Aniu the same respect you show me or I'll kill you, Jaken. Is that clear?”
“Yes, Lord Sesshoumaru,” the toad uttered as he rubbed his now sore head.
“Set up camp on that hill over there.”
Jaken looked at where Sesshoumaru pointed and groaned. Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow. The gesture clearly said, Is there a problem?
“No, milord. I will get camp set up.”
“Good.”
Sesshoumaru started walking away and Aniu followed him.
“Where are you going, milord?”
“For a walk. Look after Rin.”
“Yes, milord. Goodbye Lord Sesshoumaru.”
Aniu turned and looked at him.
“Wench.”
“Toad.”
* * * * *
 
“Where are we going, Sesshoumaru?”
“For a walk.”
“Where?”
“Somewhere.”
Aniu grabbed his hand and he hesitated but kept going. The girl bumped her head against his shoulder. Sesshoumaru resisted putting his head on top of hers but then thought, Screw it. He put his cheek against the top of her head. Aniu smiled softly.
“So you still won't tell me where we are going?”
“No.”
“You're soo mean,” she said playfully.
“I know.”
Her smile vanished. “I didn't mean…”
“I know.”
“Sesshoumaru.”
“Hmm.”
Je t'aime.
Sesshoumaru didn't understand that and he said so.
The girl smiled. “It means `I love you' in a different language.”
“Different language?”
“Yeah,” and she didn't elaborate.
Sesshoumaru dropped it and took a turn. Aniu closed her eyes and let Sesshoumaru lead her wherever he wanted her to go. Then he stopped. The girl opened her eyes and looked at the stunning sight before her.
There was a small valley, carved out by a waterfall. The mist from the falls was all around them and the sun was reflecting the light. The light was creating a rainbow down near the bottom of the falls. The dirt around the falls was so red that it looked like blood had been poured into the earth. The dirt had fallen into the river below making it look like it was a river of blood. To some it wouldn't have been very romantic but for these two, it was.
“Wow,” Aniu said with soft wonderment in her voice.
Sesshoumaru didn't answer. He just kept watching her face. He watched as the emotions crossed her face as well as her mind. They hadn't closed the marks since their little adventure in the hot spring. They really hadn't felt the need to.
The girl felt his eyes on her and she turned to see them intensely watching her. She looked into his eyes perplexed. She couldn't tell what he was thinking even though the marks were wide open.
“Whatcha thinkin'?”
“Nothing.”
“Oh.”
She turned away and looked at the sight before her. It really was beautiful. But Sesshoumaru was confused.
“What is wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“Yes, there is,” he persisted.
“No, there isn't,” she snapped.
Sesshoumaru gave a growl but she still stayed looking away from him even though she growled back. He grabbed her arm and tried to turn her around but she wouldn't move. He finally just moved in front of her but she turned her face the other way. He grabbed her chin and she felt that supernatural strength in his hand. She knew that he could break her neck but he rarely ever let her feel that potential strength. Aniu let him turn her face back.
“What is wrong?” he asked.
“Nothing.”
“Yes, there is,” he growled.
“No, there isn't,” she growled back.
“Tell me,” his voice was low.
“No,” she said voice lower.
“See something is wrong.”
Aniu sighed and averted her eyes. Sesshoumaru kissed her forehead and that brought her eyes back to him. “Tell me,” he said.
“What's happening with us?”
It was so abrupt that Sesshoumaru was confused for a second.
“You mean with me and you or the triumvirates?”
“Us.”
“Oh,” he said softly and it was his turn to look away.
He dropped his hands from her chin and arm and took a step back. Aniu also took a step back when she was free. But she stepped into something. Just a tree, she thought. Trees don't have hands though. Hands grabbed her upper arms and she screamed. Sesshoumaru looked back at her to see Naraku standing right behind Aniu. Where did he come from? The taiyoukai started to go for his Tokijin.
“Bad, Sesshoumaru. I can't believe you just left Aniu out for the taking. You didn't even sense me, did you?” Naraku asked. He leaned his head down and whispered near Aniu's ear. “You didn't sense me either, did you, my precious?” One of his hands ran over her breasts and down lower and lower. He rubbed over her sex through her clothes.
Aniu whimpered and looked at Sesshoumaru.
Sesshoumaru had stopped going for Tokijin; he wouldn't get it out in time anyway. He watched as Naraku kissed Aniu's cheek and then trailed down her neck until he came to Sesshoumaru's bite mark. Naraku kissed it and Sesshoumaru's body shivered as if something had been injected into his skin. It wasn't a good shiver. It hurt like hell.
“You've all been very busy, I see.”
Sesshoumaru snarled at him.
Aniu felt like someone had given her poison. Her whole body hurt and she cried out. Naraku smirked behind her and Sesshoumaru clenched his teeth against the feeling of being eaten alive.
Kouga! They both screamed in their heads.
Kouga stumbled and fell in the forest as he felt the pain and screams of Sesshoumaru and Aniu. His body was burning. The wolf demon ignored it and started heading toward them.
Sesshoumaru tried to grab Aniu but Naraku moved them back and the taiyoukai fell to his knees.
“Sesshoumaru!”
Naraku turned Aniu around in his arms until he was holding her like a lover would. He kissed her hard and fast, his tongue piercing her lips. The half-immortal started to cry but Naraku kept kissing her. He pushed her to the ground with him on top. His hands caressed down her sides and he was kissing down the side of her neck. Aniu looked back at Sesshoumaru and started to reach her hand out to him but Naraku pinned her hand to behind her back.
The half-demon tore her kimono off and her body jerked with the force of it. Sesshoumaru was helpless, he couldn't move; neither could Aniu. When her body was bared to the world Naraku started kissing his way down her neck again until he came to that mark. He put a little more pressure on it this time and Aniu screamed. It was like he was shoving melted gold into her body. Sesshoumaru cried out behind her but she couldn't move, couldn't see him.
The black haired demon moved down her neck to her breasts. He kissed, bit, and licked them until they were pink and erect and Aniu was crying harder. He moved back up her body and lay himself on top of her. He whispered against her ear, “It'll be over soon.”
Aniu cried out again as Naraku unbelted his hakama. He pushed away the cloth to show himself fully erect and ready. He laid on top of Aniu, his naked chest against hers, and his sex poking at her entrance. Aniu begged him. Then he breached her. In one stroke he fought the tightness of her body. She wasn't wet and she was tight and it hurt, like he was trying to shove himself out the other side of her. The girl screamed at the pain and her scream echoed throughout the forest.
Naraku moved out of her slowly and then shoved himself into her as quick as before and Aniu screamed again. He kept up this rhythm until her body started to widen and get wet. The girl kept screaming until her throat was raw and still she screamed. The half-demon was shoving himself inside of her as fast and as hard as he could. Aniu was silent underneath him, Sesshoumaru thought she might have passed out. Naraku gave one last push and then collapsed on her body. He pulled himself out and looked down at the girl, who was staring at him with wide, unfocused eyes.
“Thanks for the good time,” he said and kissed her. He trailed down her neck again and this time he bit her on Sesshoumaru's mark. Aniu moaned because she couldn't scream or cry out anymore. But Sesshoumaru screamed for her. The taiyoukai had finally figured out what Naraku was doing besides raping Aniu. He had been shoving his putrid miasma into Aniu through Sesshoumaru's mark. And through Aniu he got to Sesshoumaru.
Naraku laughed and got to his feet, gathering his clothes under his arms. He looked back once more and then disappeared. The half-demon left the two to suffer in the wake of his miasma.
Aniu curled up on her side and didn't look at Sesshoumaru. The taiyoukai crawled to her and touched her head. At least they would die together.
Kouga burst through the trees and took in the beautiful sight and the less beautiful sight of Aniu and Sesshoumaru. Aniu was naked and Sesshoumaru was fully clothed. The wolf demon was confused but then saw the blood dripping down from between the girl's thigh. What happened? He didn't wait to find out, just knelt beside them both.
“What do you want me to do?”
“Mark me,” Aniu answered hoarsely.
Kouga didn't argue just looked at Sesshoumaru who gave a small nod. The wolf demon leaned over the girl and bit down on the opposite side of Sesshoumaru's mark. Kouga took a little blood and then pulled back and kissed Aniu. The burning stopped as if someone had thrown cold water onto a fire. The taiyoukai felt instantly better and he sat up. Aniu pulled back from Kouga and curled tighter into her ball.
“Are you okay now?” Kouga asked.
Aniu nodded and Sesshoumaru said yes.
“What happened?” The wolf demon asked.
Sesshoumaru told the whole story.
The wolf demon stroked Aniu's hair and she flinched. He felt sorrow fill him. “Aniu it's okay. It's us.”
Aniu nodded but stayed curled up.
“We should probably check and see how much damaged has been done,” Kouga said softly.
Sesshoumaru nodded.
“Aniu,” he said softly.
She opened her eyes a little.
“We are going to check if you are ok. We won't hurt you. Promise.” He smiled gently at the end but Aniu just nodded and turned her head.
Kouga looked sad but turned his eyes up at Sesshoumaru. “You or me?”
“I'll do it.”
He moved down to her legs and slowly opened them. Aniu didn't fight though she wanted to. Sesshoumaru checked her out and frowned harder when he looked at Kouga.
“This isn't good.”
“We should find Kagome.”
Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes. “Why?”
“She could help her better than we can.”
Sesshoumaru sighed but nodded.
Kouga picked Aniu up and covered her with the remainder of her clothes. Aniu whimpered but became silent as she fell into a troubled sleep.
* * * * *
 
“Someone is coming!” Shippo yelled.
“Geez Shippo you don't have to yell so loud,” Inuyasha said as he sniffed the air. He didn't need to though because the people in question came right up to him before he could blink.
“Sesshoumaru,” said the hanyou as he began to draw his sword.
“I'm not here to fight,” the taiyoukai said as he moved to the side to let Aniu and Kouga come up.
Aniu was lying limply in Kouga's arms. She had passed out on the way here; probably shock.
“Where's Kagome,” the two demons asked together.
“Over there,” Inuyasha said, pointing vaguely in her direction.
The two demons began to walk over to the teenage girl. Kagome spotted them before they reached and took in the state of Aniu. She ran to them and put her hand to Aniu's pale forehead. She looked up at Kouga. “This way.”
The girl led the wolf demon and his carry on to a little hut that was where they were staying. She yelled for Sango before she stepped into the hut. “Put her down over there.” Kagome said as she pointed to a mat and walked over to her bag for her first aid kit.
“What happened?”
“She was raped,” Kouga said softly.
By who? Sesshoumaru?”
“No. It was Naraku.”
Kagome just stared at him and he shrugged. “Talk to Sesshoumaru. Apparently they didn't know that Naraku was near and he paralyzed them by shoving miasma through Aniu's mark and Naraku had his way with her.”
“You don't sound very concerned.”
The wolf demon stared at her. “I am.”
The raven haired girl nodded and went to Aniu. When Kouga didn't leave she looked at him.
“What?”
“Out.”
“Why?”
“Kouga.”
“Okay.”
He left without another word and Sango stepped through the door. The demon slayer looked a question at Kagome. Kagome told her all that she knew. Sango's face turned to massive sympathy and she came over to kneel beside Aniu. They began to examine the damage and see what they could do to help.
* * * * *
 
“What happened to Aniu?” The monk and hanyou asked together.
“She was raped,” The taiyoukai and wolf youkai said together.
“I can't believe you would let that happen to her, Sesshoumaru,” Inuyasha said.
Sesshoumaru growled and Kouga joined him but Inuyasha just growled back.
“If she was with us, she would be absolutely fine.”
“Now, Inuyasha that isn't completely fair. Sesshoumaru did the best he could,” Miroku said.
“Yeah, right. Sounds like he did a load of nothin'”
Sesshoumaru gave him a murderous glare and then turned his gaze back to the fire.
“Aren't you going to admit you failed her?” Inuyasha asked.
“Aren't you going to admit you failed Kagome?” Sesshoumaru retorted.
“Why you. How dare you!” Inuyasha yelled as he got to his feet.
“Inuyasha.”
“Sit down, dog face.”
“Shut up!”
Kouga stood.
“Sit down or...”
“Or what?”
“Or watch me…”
Kouga was cut off by a scream coming from the hut behind them. Sesshoumaru and Miroku stood staring at the hut. Kouga and Inuyasha forgot about their little threats as they too, stared at the hut. Another scream cut through the camp and then there was banging as someone ran through the hut. All four men began to run for the hut.
* * * * *
 
“Kagome, maybe we should…”
Sango didn't finish her sentence because Aniu woke and started screaming. The half-immortal grabbed a blanket and covered herself and backed up.
“Aniu it's okay. We are just here to help,” Kagome said softly.
Aniu was crying and screaming. The girls looked at each other.
“Maybe she had a bad dream,” Sango offered.
“In any case we need to calm her down.”
Kagome and Sango stood and began to move toward the half-immortal. Aniu saw them coming and screamed. She ran through the small hut, knocking stuff into their path so they couldn't get to her easily.
Inuyasha came through the door followed by Miroku. Aniu caught sight of them and screamed in a high pitched voice. Inuyasha started toward her but Aniu pressed herself to the wall. He took a couple more steps when Aniu's hands started to glow. The wall behind her dissipated into a pile of ash. The hanyou stopped and looked at her amazed.
The golden haired girl took this opportunity to escape. She ran through the now invisible wall and into the dark. She pulled the blanket as tight around her as she could and began dodging through the trees and bushes.
Branches snagged on her blanket and skin but still she ran. An arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her to a stop. She screamed and started smacking at the arm around her waist. A pair of hands grabbed her wrists and stopped her from hurting the person behind her. She looked up into a pair of amber splashed eyes. His lips moved but she didn't hear anything but the blood roaring in her ears.
Sesshoumaru stared into her eyes and saw nothing sane in that look. It was like she had been cut off from water and had started to go insane. The girl finally registered him as male and started screaming and struggling between their grasps. The demons held on tighter and tried to calm her down but she couldn't hear a thing. Her screams were one long, ragged scream after another.
Finally, Sesshoumaru thought of something that might help or might make things worse. The taiyoukai looked at Kouga. “Bite your mark and I'll bite mine.”
“Will that help?”
“I sure hope so.”
Kouga looked unsure but began to lower his mouth to Aniu's neck; Sesshoumaru followed suit. They bit at the same time and Aniu went still in their arms. They both growled against her neck and she moaned. Sesshoumaru put his hands on her hips and Kouga put his arms around her waist, almost in the same position Aniu and Sesshoumaru had been in two nights ago in the spring.
Aniu looked up at the stars and felt herself swimming back to the surface of her mind. She worked her mouth three times before saying, “Kouga. Sesshoumaru.”
The demons lowered her slowly to the ground, their mouths never leaving her neck. When her back was against the ground on the blanket, they let go of their hold on her neck. Their faces hovered over hers and they both whispered her name.
The half-immortal tried to smile but failed and decided just to touch them. She lifted her hands and put one on Sesshoumaru's hand and the other on Kouga's. She moved her hands to her stomach, dragging theirs along too, until their warms hands lay on her stomach. She whispered one word before her world was dragged under, “Sorry.”
The demons understood why she was sorry because of the metaphysical and physical marks on her. She was sorry for trapping them into a triumvirate. She was sorry for using both of them for food. She was sorry for making her their mate. She was sorry she ever came to this world and tried to help because she seemed to be making it worse.
Kouga stroked his hand down her face as her eyes lost focus and fluttered shut. Sesshoumaru ran his hand down her arm as he felt tears against his lids. He blinked them away and looked at Kouga. Tears shone in his eyes too. They both had a moment of understanding and then they were both lost to confusion. Was this ever going to work out?
 
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade
* * * * *