InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Goodbye ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Last Goodbye

By: Skie

Note: these little thingies ` indicate lyrics, " is speech, and italics represent thoughts. Usually.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha characters or the Linkin Park song Crawling…*sniffles*

Kagome looked up at Inuyasha, unable to believe what he had just done. Tears welled up in her eyes as she slapped him as hard as she could.

`Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal. Fear is how I fall, confusing what is real.'

She ran as fast as she could away from the camp. Running away from him, the one who had hurt her so horribly. Why do I always end up crying over him…?

`There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface, consuming, confusing… this lack of self-control I fear is never ending, controlling, I can't seem…'

Not caring where she ran, she found herself at the old well that could take her back home, away from this pain. Yeah, right…things would be so much easier if that was true!

`To find myself again my walls are closing in… found a sense of confidence I'm convinced that it's just too much pressure to take.'

"KAGOME!!!" she heard Inuyasha shout, far behind her. The tears began to fall, silently, down her face. She had almost jumped into the well when Inuyasha grabbed the back of her shirt. "What do you think you're doing?!?" he screamed at her. Now, she'd had enough.

`I've felt this way before, so insecure…'

"It's obvious you don't give a flying fuck about me, so why don't I just leave?" she screeched at him. "Kagome, I do care… if we didn't have you, how would we find jewel shards?" he demanded arrogantly.

`Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall, confusing what is real.'

"So that's the only reason you kept me around? Well, I think I'll just leave so you can have that rotting pile of bones for yourself without me interfering!" "What are you talking about?"

`Discomfort endlessly has pulled itself upon me, distracting, reacting…'

"Don't play stupid with me you, you…" Kagome muttered, becoming very ticked and not caring if sitting him would break his arm or not. He could always have Kikyo fix it for him… "SIT, BOY!" she yelled. She went through the portal back to her own time.

`Against my will I stand before my own reflection, it's haunting, how I can't seem, to find myself again, my walls are closing in… found a sense of confidence, I'm convinced that it's just too much pressure to take…'

She clambered up out of the well, frantically searching for something to cover it so he couldn't come through. Too late. "KAGOME WHY THE HELL DID YOU BREAK MY ARM, YOU LITTLE BITCH?!?"

`I've felt this way before, so insecure…'

Kagome stared down at him, a malevolent light shining in her eyes. "Inuyasha, if you come within five steps of me, I won't be responsible for what happens to you." She said, with such a calm to her voice Inuyasha became scared. "As if you could ever do anything to me you pathetic human!" he said with a slight tremble in his voice. Kagome didn't give a damn about the tremor. "THAT'S IT!" she bellowed.

`Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall, confusing what is real.'

Inuyasha made as if to jump back down the well, but Kagome caught the back of his neck. "Don't think you can get away from me so easy, God Damnit Inuyasha!" She yelled as loud as she possibly could. "Kagome, why don't you just calm down and come back with me?" Inuyasha asked her in an attempt to be reasonable.

`Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal. Fear is how I fall, confusing, confusing what is real…'

"Inuyasha, there is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL I am ever going back there! I can't stand how my heart and soul have been ripped slowly apart, piece by piece! I am keeping what little you haven't already shredded with the hope that they will one day heal! And as for the jewel shards, just use your precious zombie whore!"

`There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface, consuming… confusing what is real… this lack of self-control I fear is never ending, controlling…'

He stared in shock at Kagome, who was trembling with rage. He never knew he hurt her so bad. "And Inuyasha, I don't ever want to see your face again!" He was too stunned to keep himself from falling into the well from her shove.

`…confusing what is real…'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Please review this!!! This is the first thing I've ever written and actually posted… first songfic too. I might write more (something along the lines of a chapter story), depends on the reviews! Don't worry bout insulting me, criticism is a good thing. Oh, sorry if it was a bit depressing for ya'll, it's just I've had this idea for AGES. Later!

~Skie