InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Wish ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Last Wish
Written by: Shikon Jewel

(AN: Okay, I like Kikyos character. And I thnk that when the witch brought her to life she had installed some kind of evil inside her. Sure Kikyo had the power to purify the Jewel but what of a powerful spell. I just dont think that she could hate Inuyasha as she seems to and not see the way he looks at her.
Okay, now that thats out of my system, this is a short oneshot that depicts a scene I had in my head. Narakus dead, everyone is okay and now Kagome is faced with a wish. What will she do to insure that Inuyasha will not follow Kikyo to hell as he promised?
Disclaimer: I dont own Inuyasha...even though its on my to-do list.)

***



Kagome opened her hands. The Shikon Jewel shone brightly against her flesh. The complete and purified jewel longed to hear her wish. She looked up, Narakus ash stirred in the wind, catching in her eyes. She blinked roughly, tears springing to wash away the filth.

A voice stirred her from whatever held her in the trance. Now you join me, Inuyasha, Kikyos hateful tone completely jarred her from the daze. You killed the hanyou, Naraku, now you will join me in hell where you belong.

Kagomes lips parted and she willed her voice to command the S word. But her lips moved without sound. No, she was powerless to stop the cruel miko.

Kagome looked to each of her friends, Shippo was safe with Sango, who was clutching onto the newly restored Kohaku. Sango had tears dripping from her eyes, tears of joy for her brother. Kohaku himself was still shocked at his memories and experiences he had no control over. His eyes were full to the brim with unshed tears. Her eyes focused on the young fox youkai. He would grow older without the fear of Naraku now. He will forever be able to live without the constant fear of being skinned. He would be safe with Sango. Yes, she would care for him.

Kagomes eyes shifted away from the trio and stopped when they came to Miroku. He sat in wonder, staring at his right hand, his hand free of the hell hole. A smile complemented his face. He wouldnt live knowing he would die like his father. He would be free as well.

Naraku had touched all of their lives. He left his fingerprint of darkness on each of their lives, but none more so than the two in front of her: Kikyo and Inuyasha. Moisture landed on her hand, she looked down to see tears on her skin. She would right this wrong. The wrong done to all of them.

The voice of Kikyo once again broke to her core being, Are you ready hanyou?

It took much of her energy to merely focus on the miko. Kikyo held her bow in her hands. An arrow tipped with the poison was pressed against Inuyashas throat, almost breaking the skin. The poison was the same as the one she had used on Kirara. Kirara! Kagome searched for the cat demon. She found her in her large form laying in a heap by the far wall. She was dead. Fresh tears fell from her chocolate eyes. She would correct all these things.

I wish, her voice so low she could only be heard by herself and Inuyasha. Inuyashas sensitive hearing barely managed to even catch the sound. I wish for the stain of Naraku to be lifted. Shippo to have a family, Sango and her brother to have a peaceful life, Miroku to be able to breathe without any fear, she paused to catch her breath. Her voice shook, from pain and fear, I wish for Inuyashas happiness, and I wish for Kikyo to have her soul.

Inuyasha trembled, No.

Kagome began to grow bright, her body shaking from the strain. Her soul lifted from her body, leaving her dull, and slammed into Kikyo. Kikyo was thrown to the ground with the force. Her eyes returned to their former brilliance and regaining their shine. Her hair became alive instead of the lifeless strings they had been. Her flesh turned warm and darkened to the color her skin had been. Her body felt strong and complete, unlike the way she had felt while being sustained with the souls of girls.

She stood. Her eyes clear and bright, she focused on the hanyou she loved and almost killed. Oh, Inuyasha. Please forgive me! she ran to him and threw her arms around the hanyou. Inuyasha, surprised as the Kikyo he knew fifty years ago flung herself in his embrace, wrapped his arms around her body. Her scent no longer masked by dirt and bones, but actual skin, hair, and tears.

He held her tighter, afraid that if her let go, she would go back to that disgusting body of dirt and bones. Tears of hope and thankfulness escaped his amber eyes.

Kagome.

Inuyasha looked at the one who had spoken. Miroku knelt down to Kagomes body. He pulled her head into his lap. Sango, Kohaku, and Shippo gathered around them. Kikyo looked at Inuyasha, noticing the worry in his eyes, she helped him to his feet. She knew the deed that the reincarnation had done. But she knew the others would need to see for themselves.

Inuyasha knelt next to the monk. She looked the girl over. Her skin had become has Kikyos had been, sullen and dead. Her hair held no sheen or moisture. Her face appeared as if asleep. However it was certain that she was not asleep but in fact dead. Her heart did not continue to beat.

A meow temporarily distracted the group from their grief. Kirara ran to Sango in her small form and leaped into her arms. Oh Kirara, I thought you were dead.

Inuyasha, what has become of Lady Kagome? Mirokus voice penetrated the thick air.

Inuyasha picked up her right hand, the on that had held the Jewel of Four Souls. He pulled away her fingers to reveal the jewel. It soon darkened and turned to stone. All that was left of the once sought Shikon Jewel was a stone marble. It fell from the cold hand and rolled across the floor. Shippo jumped from Kohakus arms and picked up the stone sphere. He held it tight to his breast, Kagome.

Inuyasha trembled as he prepared to answer the monks question. She wished for our happiness.

Then why is she dead? Sango screamed, tears falling madly from her eyes.

Kikyo ran her fingers across Kagomes cheek, She gave her soul to me. I do not know why, but she did. A single tear fell from her brown eyes, eyes that were once Kagomes, and slid down to her chin before falling to land on Kagomes right hand.