InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Miko Kagome and Inuyasha ❯ The Prayer ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer I want Inuyasha for my 15th Birthday
Here's the story. Please tell me what you think of the first chapter. I want to now if I should continue.
Okay well on with the story…
 
 
 
 
Rrriiinnnggg.
Finally, she said as she started to walk alone toward her bus.
Oh lovely, it's raining. Just great. Just another little perfect thing, to add to my perfect damn day.
 
She tried to run to her bus so she could decrease the possibility of getting drenched. But it was inevitable. The faster she ran, the more rain slapped in her face causing it hard to see what was in front of her. After getting of the wrong bus she finally found the one she was looking for. She got on and was relieved to get out of the rain. Seeing how no one in the inter school liked or knew her name she was always left with sitting in the worst seat. They always loved to save her that seat and she knew it. It had gum, writings, paint, trash, and even knife stabs all over it. She always had to sit alone while all the other teens talked and shared secrets.
 
(Flashback) One time she heard a girl say to another, “you see that girl over there. Yeah the other replied. Well I heard that Gosh asked her out to the dance. Why would he do that, the other replied back. Well she told him yes and he said, why would I ever go out with a low life unknown girl like you. Then she ran home crying and actually had the decency to return to school.”
 
The girl was right she was unknown. Not even her teachers knew her name. All the kids thought that she had just walked in the school like she went there. The truth was, that she had gone to the same school with those girls since kindergarten. (End of flashback)
 
After her little flashback she heard the bus driver yelling, “little girl sit down.” She took off her backpack and sat close to the window where there wasn't any gum. She hugged her backpack close to her chest and put her head against the window to stare out at the falling rain that made everything look hardly visible. She tried to make out everything that was going past but found that her mind was thinking of something different. Her mind was thinking of her life and all the shity crap in it. She never did anything wrong and got really good grades. She wished and prayed everyday that could happen that would make her life better. She couldn't help but think that it was her fault that her life was like this. She prayed to her Kami every night, morning, and day to help her find the meaning of her life and why she shouldn't end it now. She had tried many times before in the past, but was caught. She looked down at her arms and saw all the slits that she made because of her misery. There were so many that she couldn't even count them anymore.
 
She felt a sting on her ankle and it started to bleed. She had accidentally opened a fresh cut and her ankle and the rainwater wasn't helping. She grabbed a tissue, put it over the cut and held it is to place with her sock. She would clean it up later.
 
~~^^~~^^~~
 
Finally the last person to get off the bus was her. She ran home but wobbled a little because of her open cut. Luckily the rain slowed down and now it was just a heavy drizzle. She walked in and instantly smelled cookies.
 
“Kagome your home late where were you?”
“Oh it was raining hard out and the bus was stuck in slow traffic. Hmmm those smell awesome mom, can I have one.”
“Sure Kagome. Oh dinners your choice tonight what would you like.”
“your cookies… and she received a sarcastic look from her mom that made her smile. Well I'm not really hungry for a big dinner. So I guess it's Anything night.”
“Cool I want cereal.”
“Good idea Souta. Me too, but I have some a bit later. K mom”
With that she went up stairs to her room to clean up her cut and eat the rest of her warm chocolate chip cookie. “Damn mom makes the best cookies ever.” When she finished with her two tasks she changed out of her wet school clothes to her everyday wear. This consisted of dark blue jeans and a dark blue spaghetti strap shirt. Kagome grabbed her light jacket and headed for her favorite thinking spot, the old god tree. This is where she always went to think. It was also the spot where she offend cut herself. As she ran out side her mother watched is sadness.
 
“And I thought that she was going to spend her night with us. Why does she have to always go out to that tree every night.”
“It's sacred there. I guess it makes her fell like no one can touch her.”
“But Grandpa, she spends hours out there, rain or shine.”
“Well she turned 15 today. It's time that we let her make her on choices on how she spends her time.”
 
Kagome ran up to the tree and sat down on a branch. She was so happy that she was out of school for the weekend. As she looked down at all the plants that were slowly growing up and around the tree, she saw that they were dieing. At that sudden moment she felt a rush of sadness over come her body. “Oh that's so sad I wish I could help. I do the only thing that I know how to do. I'll pray but I don't know how that will help. I've prayed so much for my life and it never works. Well I'll do my best.”
“To my Kami,
I pray that you could please stop the Rain and bring out the Sun
so every thing on your tree can live.”
 
“Well there you go. I told you that it wouldn't…
Kagome's mouth shut and her eye's started to glow. A weird pulse came over her and she could hear it. She felt different. Like she had never felt before. Then under her she felt…
 
 
 
Well theirs the first chapter. I should have the second one written and typed by tomorrow. Sorry about the cliffhanger, but I had to stop somewhere or I would be typing this all night. Please review me and tell me what you think.
 
Kami- means God or higher being