InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Man in Black ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
Kagome stood there staring at the painting. She didn't know why, but she felt empty inside like she just lost something. Kagome was about to follow Inuyasha but she heard a knock at the door.
 
She opened it and Sango walked in. “Your mother wants you. Dinner is ready,” Sango said. She noticed the distressed look on Kagome's face and asked, “What is wrong?”
 
“Nothing,” Kagome answered and followed Sango to dinner.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
After dinner, Kagome ran up to her room, locked the door, and stepped through the painting. Inuyasha obviously didn't want Kagome to follow because all of the torches were put out. She went back to her room, lit a candle and went back to the tunnel. She traveled down the tunnel and down the winding stairs until she got to the canal. Unfortunately, the boat was gone. This either meant that Inuyasha had hidden it or he was at his home. Kagome didn't know what to do so she sat down on the cold hard floor.
 
“What does he want of me? I didn't do anything. It was Hojo. I wish that Inuyasha wasn't mad at me. What can I do?” Kagome sobbed. She started to cry and before she knew it, she found herself falling to sleep.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>
 
Inuyasha took a little passage from his home to the throne room. He wanted to get out of the castle and take a walk out in the moonlight. While he was climbing out if the ceiling passage, he heard words that he wasn't happy with.
 
“Kagome's room was found with the door locked. When it was opened she wasn't in it. The whole castle has been searched but not one person could find her. She has disappeared, Miroku,” Sango told to Hojo's servant.
 
“Did she say anything?” Miroku asked.
 
“Not to me, but she did look really sad when I came to fetch her and she didn't say a word at dinner. When I think about it, she didn't eat anything at dinner either. She just looked down at her plate,” Sango said.
 
“Why don't we go help the search?” Miroku said. The two left the room and started searching for Kagome.
 
Inuyasha looked down at the floor and said to himself, “What have I done? Where is she?”
 
He jumped back into the passage and ran the whole way to him home. He half expected to find Kagome sitting on the bench or on his bed. When she wasn't there he remembered that the boat was here at this end of the canal. He jumped in the boat, rocking it a little and rowed as fast as he could to the edge of concrete that led to the winding staircase. When he reached it, he wasn't surprised to find Kagome asleep on the floor with dried tears down her cheeks.
 
Inuyasha picked her up and laid her in the boat. He rowed slowly back to his home, trying not to wake her, and when he got there, he picked her up and laid her on the bed and covered her with the red, velvet blanket.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>
 
Kagome woke up to the sound of footsteps. She was surprised to find that she was in a bed and covered with a blanket. When she sat up and turned around, she saw him. Inuyasha was standing there and looking at her. She immediately jumped out of the bed, smoothed out her skirt, and ran toward him.
 
Inuyasha didn't know what she was doing, but as she ran toward him, he opened his arms. She ran to him, and wrapped her arms around him. Because of the impact that she made, he fell back and off the edge and into the water. It was Inuyasha's back that collided with the water like he meant, so Kagome wasn't hurt.
 
When they came to their senses, after the shock of falling, Kagome took his lips with hers in a very hungry and passionate kiss. They kissed with open mouthed kisses, and treaded water at the same time. Inuyasha ran his hands down her back and up again and rested them in her hair. He ran his claws through her hair and then rested them on the back of her neck. Kagome ran her fingers through his hair and then put her hands on his chest. Somewhere between the fall and them coming to the surface, Inuyasha's shirt was removed. Kagome ran her fingers over each muscle until he pulled her closer so their bodies were pressed together. Inuyasha ran kissed down her jaw bone and kissed her neck. Then he returned back to her mouth and ran his hands back up her back. Kagome wrapped her arms and legs around his body as the kiss ended and Inuyasha brought them to the edge of the canal.
 
He lifted them up and held Kagome against his bare chest. She snuggled into his chest for warmth because the air was a lot colder then the water. He took her to the bed and sat her down.
 
“I think I should take you back,” Inuyasha said. “They are all looking for you.”
 
Kagome could tell that he was nervous now because of what had just happened.
 
“Only if you promise that you aren't jealous of Hojo,” Kagome laughed.
 
“I'm not anymore. I don't think that happens between you and every guy,” Inuyasha snickered.
 
He picked her up again and brought her to the boat and then back to her room. He placed her down right outside the painting, and kissed her on the forehead. Right after Inuyasha left, Kagome changed and fell right asleep.