InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Mysterious Pearl ❯ A Secret Plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Secret Plan (Chapter 3)
Kagome followed the un-named demon to his house. She knew that is was probably a bad idea to follow him, but that was her only option. That or stay near the shore line and get caught by the mermaid police…
 
When a mermaid rescues or comes in contact with a human or any land creature that has a brain, the mermaid is cursed to turn into a human 24-hours later. The details of this tale is old and never spoken of because ex-mermaids do not dare come back in fear of rejection. Those ex-mermaids are correct in their assumption because ex-mermaids face unthinkable punishments.
 
Kagome remembered once in the Mer-News, an ex-mermaid was caught on the shore but the punishment was never revealed. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know either.
 
Once she entered the house, she was in awe. The textbooks she learned from didn't have pictures of what a house looked like inside. Nor did they have expensive paintings and heavenly art creations. As she entered the house, she was immediately greeted with a grand staircase that leads to three levels that had numerous doors.
 
“Come,” Sesshomaru said, walking her away from the staircase and to a side door on the first level. Once the door opened, the people inside stopped all actions and stared at their master. “You are all off for the night. Return tomorrow morning.”
 
All the servants, not much at this time, bowed in thanks before leaving though the kitchen backdoor. The door locked automatically with a heavy thud. Kagome looked around Sesshomaru and could not believe her eyes. She stood in a chief's dream kitchen complete with every type of pot and pan imaginable. The counters were spotless and everything shined so you can see your own reflection.
 
Kagome walked away from Sesshomaru and inspected the somewhat `new' things. She knew what they all were, but in the books, it was less…. how you say, expensive. The books showed your normal house with normal things, not mansions with neat gadgets from different places of the world.
 
“I'll make you a quick meal,” Sesshomaru said. He rolled up his sleeves and grabbed the things he needed to make chicken soup. It was a simple, yet delightful meal that everyone was sure to love if made right. And he wasn't sure what this girl could stomach.
 
`Why am I doing this anyway? I shouldn't have picked her up,' Sesshomaru questioned in his own head as he chopped some vegetables. He gave a glance towards the woman. She was leaning on the counter, staring at him with intense eyes. It was almost as if this was all new to her.
 
Sesshomaru then walked over and took some gilled chicken slices from the refrigerator. He grabbed a pot on his way back to the stove. Sesshomaru poured in some chicken broth and then put in the vegetables and turned on the stove. He then took this time to chop the chicken. He was stopped when a hand was placed on his bare arm. There was a slight tingle sensation before he looked up at the woman.
 
She had an interesting look on, a determined look.
 
`Can I try?' Kagome signaled, looking down at the chicken and the knife.
 
Sesshomaru stepped away and Kagome stepped in. Sesshomaru handed her the knife and then placed his hand over her hand. Kagome looked up at him in question.
 
“I'll show you. You look as if you are new to all this,” Sesshomaru answered in that cold tone of his. He took her other hand and placed it over the chicken. “Hold the chicken together so you do not have to cut each one separately.”
 
Kagome gave a nod and did what she was told. Sesshomaru then lifted the knife with Kagome's hand and sliced the first piece. Sesshomaru assisted her a few more chops before he released her hand. Kagome then continued on until it was all finished. Once she was done, she turned to Sesshomaru with a smile.
 
“Good,” Sesshomaru said. He was about to pat her on the head when he remembered. `She isn't Rin. But she is just as innocent as her.' Sesshomaru then took the chopping board and let the chicken slide into the pot. The water was already slightly boiling so it would be done in no time.
 
Sesshomaru put a lid on the steaming pot and then gathered a few eating utensils for himself and the strange woman he let it. He set it down on the bar-like counter where there were a few stools for the cooks. He then reached up into the cabinets and took down some bowls. Sesshomaru set them down near the pot and then turned off the stove.
 
Sesshomaru opened a nearby drawer and pulled out a ladle. The ladle was dipped down into the soup and then carefully poured into a bowl. He set the bowl in front of the woman in his kitchen.
 
“It is hot. Do not burn yourself.” Sesshomaru warned the woman and watched as she picked up the spoon like a little child and then mixed the soup with it. She watched the steam rise off of it before scooping up a spoon full. She blew carefully on the liquid and then stuck out her tongue to test it. She pulled it back in quickly.
 
“I warned you,” Sesshomaru said, looking back at the other bowl. He got his share and then put the lid back on the pot. He took a seat next to the woman and proceeded to eat his chicken soup. He watched, out of the corner of his eye, the woman eat. She seemed to be enjoying the meal.
 
The two continued to eat in silence as the night wore on.
 
 
“This is my office,” Sesshomaru announced to the woman following him. He decided that if she was going to stay with him for the night, she should at least be able to get around.
 
He continued on the tour until he reached the end of a hall. “This is my room and that is my daughter's room. You will be using this room.” Sesshomaru opened the door that was right of his. As he opened it, Kagome was greeted again with an amazing view.
 
In the middle was a queen size bed draped in sapphire colored silk and satin. The bed had a post and a small canopy that reminded Kagome of the princesses' beds. She had once toured the underwater palace to do a report on the royal life of mermaids.
 
Kagome could not believe that she would receive such treatment. The walls were dark and there were two more doors and a small balcony that over looked part of the sea and the beach.
 
“One of the doors led to the bathroom and the other leads to a closet. The closet is empty so you may borrow some of my clothes for the night,” Sesshomaru said. “Do you know how to use a shower?”
 
Kagome pondered the thought and then shook her head. Sesshomaru stepped into the room and Kagome followed. He opened one of the doors and flipped a switch. Kagome remembered learning about switches once in her human classes. They let electricity flow and all this other neat stuff. She was quite excited, being able to experience this first hand.
 
“This dial will allow hot water and that dial will allow cold water,” Sesshomaru said, giving a little demonstration. “To turn it off, you turn it the other way.” Sesshomaru then opened the bottom cabinet and showed her the towels and then the shampoo.
 
“Do you understand?”
 
Kagome nodded her head vigorously. She learned it once during classes and all this did was refresh her memory about humans and their land objects.
 
Sesshomaru nodded and then walked out of the bathroom. “You may take a shower now if you wish and I will set some cloths on the bed. Sleep if you like after that. I will be in my office if you need anything else.”
 
Kagome nodded again and watched her host's back leave through the doors. `That demon is nice,' Kagome thought as she closed the bathroom door and stripped from the dress.
 
She stepped into the shower and closed the curtains. She turned the dials and gave a silent gasp. The water was cold! Even the `hot' dial was cold! Kagome was about to turn the dials the other way to turn it off, when the water began to change. `The water must have to adjust before becoming the right temperature,' Kagome reasoned. She scrubbed her arms and torso and washed her hair. She wasn't used to having to wash legs.
 
`I guess they are like arms but they work for a whole different reason,' Kagome thought. So she sat down on the bottom of the shower and scrubbed her legs. There was really no difference about it.
 
After she finished, she dried off with a white fluffy towel. She wrapped the towel around her shoulders and slowly cracked open the door. The bedroom was empty with only a dim lamp on. Kagome didn't notice the details of the room till now.
 
There were a few shelves and a desk with small lamp and a chair. The balcony doors were dressed with sheer blue drapes. On the floor was single rug that must have taken years to complete.
 
With a glimpse towards the bed, Kagome found a pile of cloths that wasn't there before. She took a cautious step out of the bathroom and looked around. Her host was true to his words. Kagome reached for the clothes and walked back into the bathroom.
 
“La-ah-!” Kagome tested her voice. It was rough sounding; not at all how her real voice was. After the change, Kagome's throat wasn't used to absence of water. It would take some resting for her voice to return. `It would be best if I don't speak till tomorrow.'
 
As Kagome tested her voice, she looked at the black boxer shorts and the long white T-shirt. From the textbooks, she learned all about clothing articles and accessories such as jewelry. Now it was time to test it all.
 
The white T-shirt was pulled over her head and ended around mid-thigh. Kagome then lifted her left leg placed it in one of the holes of the shorts. Then she slipped the other one in. After it was up and seemed remotely right, Kagome checked herself out in the mirror. Her wavy black hair was slightly damp and laid lazily on her back. The black boxer shorts peeked out from under the white T-shirt.
 
Kagome gave a smile before flipping the light switch and leaving the bathroom.
 
***
 
“Are you sure they have the Shikon no Tama?”
 
“I'm positive,” Naraku growled into the phone.
 
A female voice gave an angry reply. “Because I've been following this family for over 3 years now! How can you be so sure? What if they gave it away or something?”
 
“They would NOT give away the Shikon no Tama. Now stop questioning me! Give me a report!”
 
“Nothing is happening! Jeez. It's so peaceful that it makes me sick! If I could see that handsome demon 24/7 then I wouldn't be complaining so much….”
 
Naraku glared down on the phone. He placed it against his ear again. “You will find the Shikon no Tama and you will do it right.”
 
“Why in the world do you want the Shikon no Tama anyways? It's not like you can do something with it,” the female remarked with an annoyed tone. “You are in no way holy.”
 
Naraku growled into the phone.
 
“Fine! I'll get you that stupid Shikon,” the female replied before hanging up.
 
Naraku slammed the pay phone down and looked out into the sea, a sea on the opposite side of the Tashio's.
 
He removed himself from the little phone box and walked over to the beach. Not caring about the humans, Naraku continued on his way. He walked through the water like a knife and followed the sandy ground. Once his legs were completely submerged in water, they started to change, splitting into multiple appendages. But that didn't hinder him in any fashion.
 
Naraku moved forward until he himself was below all the oxygen. He then propelled himself from the sandy ground and swam away from the humans. The filthy creatures that have populated everything they laid their hands on. The water included.
 
The deeper he went, the darker it got. Soon there were caves and sea predators. He entered a single cave. It must have been his home for there were potions lining the walls and books with horrid tittles such as `The Human Recipe' and an open one called `Ultimate Stolen Power'.
 
By the time he entered his home, Naraku's change was complete. His legs turned into numerous tentacles of a dark dull purple. Naraku was the so-called `Wise' Octopus of the sea. It was `unwise' to NOT follow his instructions.