InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The New Student and Kagome's Secret ❯ Chapter 15: Myouga's Revelation ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 15

Myouga shut the door behind him. Kaede, Kagome, Miroku, and Sango were sitting in their usual places talking about Inuyasha's decision. Myouga sighed and walked over to them. They all stopped talking when they realized Myouga was back.

"Is everything okay?" Sango asked. Myouga shrugged his shoulders.

"It's going to take him a while to make his decision, I think," Myouga said. "He just seems so lost in his own thoughts." Myouga then slowly looked at Kagome. "So you are the famous Miss Kagome Higurashi?" Kagome, Sango, and Miroku looked at Myouga.

"Y-yeah, well, I don't know about famous," she said with a laugh, "…that is, until I started hanging around priests, exterminators, and demons." Myouga smiled.

"Well…obviously, we won, so…I was wondering about…well…uh…" Myouga trailed off not quite sure how to start the conversation. Sango picked up on it, however. She looked at a confused Kagome and knew that Kagome had no clue as to where in the hell Myouga was going with this. Miroku slowly started picking up on it too when exchanged a few glances with Sango.

"Sooo?" Kagome asked urging him to continue. Myouga smiled. He was just about to continue when…

"Kagome! Can I talk to you for a minute?" Sango said. In a flash, she was standing next to Kagome tugging on her arm for her to get up and come with her. Kagome looked at her with a confused look too. Everyone around her seemed to suddenly start acting weird. Kagome nodded her head.

"Uh…excuse me, Myouga," she said following Sango into another room. Sango shut the door behind her. Kagome gave her a suspicious look.

"You want to tell me what this is all about?" Kagome said crossing her arms. Sango smiled nervously. She knew Kagome would leave if she didn't think of something quick.

"Uh, Kagome…" Sango began nervously. "Do you remember what happened between you and Inuyasha on the battlefield?" A heavy blush spread across Kagome's cheeks clearly giving Sango her answer. "I take that as a `yes'." Kagome didn't know what to say.

"Well, that…uh…was just…uh…," Kagome stuttered. Sango laughed.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Kagome," she said. Kagome looked away with a rather depressed look. "What's wrong, Kagome?"

"It's just that…well…it just all happened so quickly," she said. She walked across the room and stared out the window. "I mean…when you think you'll never see someone again…you'll say and do some crazy things." Sango's shock forced her to take a step back.

"Wh-What do you mean, Kagome?" Sango asked. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Surely, Kagome wouldn't deny her love for Inuyasha after everything they had been through.

* * *

Myouga and Miroku watched as the two girls scampered off into the neighboring room. Kaede, as usual, paid no attention to any of it. Miroku turned his attention to Myouga as soon as he knew the girls were paying no attention to them.

"What were you going to ask Kagome?" Miroku said. Myouga smiled.

"Actually, I'm glad she left. I can ask this question of you easier than I can Kagome," he said. "I was just wanting to know Kagome and Inuyasha's status is all. You see, I've spent my whole life making sure that Inuyasha was going to be okay. It was his father's dying wish. Inuyasha and I…well…we're really the only family each other has left. I just want to know what's going to happen now." Miroku expression softened.

"And how does Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship play into this?" Miroku asked quizzically.

"Well, for one thing, if he loves her, then he has an even greater decision on his hands than before. He will obviously want to base his decision around her a little," he said. "Should he return to his kingdom…"

"Wait!!! Kingdom?" Miroku asked. Myouga smiled and shook his head realizing that he had revealed too much.

"Do the math, Miroku. His father was Lord of the Western Lands. When his father died, Sesshomaru took over. Now, with Sesshomaru dethroned, it's Inuyasha's turn to take over the kingdom," Myouga said. Miroku was utterly blown away. He couldn't believe that he hadn't figured it out earlier. Of course, if Sesshomaru wasn't dead, he would at least be serving a prison sentence.

"I-I guess it all makes sense, but…I guess it just didn't occur to me that he could be the ruler since most of his recent past has been away from the lands and with us. Does Inuyasha know all of this?" Miroku asked still dumbfounded by this new information. Myouga nodded his head.

"That's why he needs to take his time with this decision," Myouga said. "For if he chooses not to take the throne, he is the only one with the power to appoint the next ruler, and should he choose to take the throne, it will be an incredible responsibility."

Miroku agreed. "Yeah, not only will he be ruling a kingdom, but will he not be running all of Japan as well? Hasn't there always been kind of an unspoken agreement that the Western Lands were more powerful and prestigious and ruled over the neighboring lands?"

Myouga nodded. "Yes. The other rulers do not like to admit it sometimes, but that is the reality of it. Most things don't ever come to the Western Lands of nationwide status, however. Most everyone takes care of their own business…but when they need help, they always come to the West first. But do not reveal any of this to the girls. I don't want them to know yet. I want Inuyasha to be able to make this decision on his own with as little input as possible. I would also appreciate it if you acted like you didn't know either."

Miroku sat pondering this new information when Myouga interrupted his thoughts.

"Sooo? Are you going to tell me Kagome and Inuyasha's status, or not?" Myouga asked again.

* * *

Meanwhile, Kagome and Sango had continued talking in the other room.

"What do you mean, Kagome?" Sango asked her again. Kagome sighed heavily and then turned to meet the gaze of her friend.

"I don't know, Sango," she said apparently not quite sure how to put into words what she was feeling. Sango felt sorry for her friend. She knew that it had to be tough to confess your love to someone under such desperate circumstances. How do you act after that?

"I just don't know if he loves me, okay?!" she blurted out. She whirled around to stare out the window again. "I'm one of those girls that I just can't allow myself to love someone if I know that they don't love me." Sango smiled.

"Love is something that you can't help Kagome. If you truly love someone, you will love them no matter what…even when you think they don't love you," Sango said. Kagome looked at her and gave her a little grin.

"You wouldn't happen to be talking about you and a certain monk, would you?" Kagome snickered. Sango blushed.

"No! Actually, I'm not!" she said matter-of-factly as she crossed her arms and tooted her nose in the air. "I'm just offering my advice that's all." Kagome looked out the window again as if satisfied that she had gotten a rise out of her friend.

"I don't know what to do, Sango," Kagome said softly. Sango relaxed a little and looked at her friend.

"Kagome…how do you feel about Inuyasha?" she said. Kagome didn't turn to look at Sango as she thought about what she had asked.

"I…I…don't know," she said. "I just want him to tell me in a different situation how he feels. I'm just afraid that the only reason he told me how he felt is because he was almost certain he would never see me again." Sango walked over to her friend. She placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her friend towards her so that she could look her in her face.

"Kagome, Inuyasha loves you," Sango said. "You should have seen the way he was acting while you were passed out earlier. We all thought that you weren't going to make it. We all were distraught, but nothing compared to Inuyasha. He was damn near bleeding to death and he wouldn't allow us to doctor him…because he wanted us to be with you…making sure that you were okay." Tears started to well up in Kagome's eyes. "He drug himself in here when we found out that you had lost your heartbeat. I mean, literally drug himself with his tetsaiga into your room so he could be with you."

"Yeah, but I've always know Inuyasha loves me as a friend and would do anything to keep me safe," Kagome said with a sniff. "That doesn't mean he loves me loves me."

Sango shook her head. "Trust me. I was crying and acting desperate because I love you as a friend. Inuyasha was crying and acting desperate because he loves you."

"He was crying?" Kagome asked surprised. Sango nodded. "Inuyasha rarely ever cries."

"Well, then that should be even more proof!" Sango said hugging her friend. She let go of the hug and then grabbed her friend's shoulders. "Look at me Kagome! Do you love him?"

"I-I don't know…I-I guess so," Kagome said sheepishly. "I'm just confused right now, Sango. All of this new information about Inuyasha's castle and Myouga suddenly showing up got me really confused. Should Inuyasha choose to move back to the Western Lands…well…I guess that will make up my mind for me. I-I just don't want to think about it right now. Inuyasha has a really tough decision on his hands and I just need to be there to support him in whatever decision he makes." Sango nodded her head. She understood her friend's feelings. "I think I am just going to pretend nothing happened between us and let Inuyasha tell me how he feels when he is ready. He is the one with a load on his mind right now not me…so I will let him come to me."

As much as Sango wanted Kagome to tell Inuyasha how she feels or vice versa, she knew that it was neither the time nor the place. She knew that they both loved each other and that their feelings would reveal themselves in due time.

* * *

Meanwhile, Miroku was trying to figure out how to describe Inuyasha's relationship with Kagome to Myouga.

"Well, Inuyasha and Kagome met by pure accident. He happened to have a class with her. Kagome sensed something different about him despite her priestess powers not being revealed to her yet. She tried befriending him despite his desperate attempts to push her away. It appears she had some affect on the hanyou because, one night, he rescued her from a demon. He was going to take off and leave her there, but Kagome stopped him and started talking to him. He sensed more demons coming so he took her back to his place where they would be protected. They ended up talking and becoming friends. He met me and Sango the next day and ever since then Inuyasha's relationship with Kagome seemed to grow stronger each day. He has saved her on numerous occasions from attackers and has basically been protecting her 24/7. One thing that baffles me to this day is how Kagome could turn something like Inuyasha back then into the Inuyasha now. When I met Inuyasha for the first time, even though I could tell he was good at heart, I could sense he had so much pent up hostility and anger. He trusted no one and wouldn't allow anyone anywhere near his heart or feelings…even on a friendship level. Now, Inuyasha is still stubborn about admitting his feelings and still very prideful, but he has opened up a lot more since then. Whether he would admit or not, I know he considers me and Sango his friends. I also know that he considers Kagome a lot more." Myouga's ears perked up at that.

"Really?" he said. "How so?"

Miroku stretched and placed his hands behind his head. "Inuyasha loves Kagome, and is possibly in love with her. I would have never thought that the Inuyasha I first met would ever allow someone into his heart, but apparently that's what has happened. When Kagome was hurt…he never left her side. He cared nothing for himself and only for her safety. He would have gladly given his life if it meant saving Kagome. I have to admit that Kagome is something else. It didn't surprise me at all when I found out that she was the infamous priestess that was going to save the world. Ever since I have known her she has been the most good-hearted person I've ever met…almost to the point where she is almost naïve…almost." Miroku laughed. "In fact, she's the only one that probably ever stood a chance of getting inside that thick-headed hanyou's heart!"

Myouga laughed. "I must admit that my visits with Inuyasha became more and more pleasant. He seemed to be a better person. He didn't seem to be as hostile or rude. His face has even seemed to soften a little. I just wonder if he will ever have the guts to tell the girl how he feels…just like his father!" Miroku looked at him.

"Just like his father, you say?" Sango asked as she and Kagome walked in the room. Miroku and Myouga greeted the girls with smiles.

"How long have you known Inuyasha's family?" Kagome asked. Myouga took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Everyone could tell that for some reason it was a sensitive subject to him.

"For a very long time now," he said getting comfortable in the chair he was sitting in. "Probably since before you were born. Inuyasha's father and I were good friends as children. I was there when his father was appointed Lord of the Western Lands. You see…Inuyasha's father first married a full demon. I never liked her. She was always so cold and heartless. He was never in love with her. He basically married her because she was one of the most powerful demonesses in the area. He wanted to make sure that he had a strong son to take over his kingdom when he died. They had a child…Sesshomaru. Shortly after, they were divorced and Sesshomaru and his mother moved to a very nice house up the road, built and paid for by Inuyasha's father. Later on, he met Inuyasha's mother and surprisingly enough, he fell in love with her…a human. Being his best friend, I supported the relationship…even more so the more I got to know Inuyasha's mother. She was kind and pure at heart…probably the sweetest woman I had ever met. He ended up marrying her much to the disgust of Sesshomaru and his mother. They soon had Inuyasha. I lived not far away as well. I had married and had a daughter. One day, I was returning from the swordsmith Toutousai. Inuyasha's father had asked me to pick up the sword for him on my way home from work that day. When I walked inside his house, I saw his first wife heading straight for Inuyasha's crib. I jumped in front of the crib holding the sword in front of me in an effort to block her attack. It worked. The woman was cast back and crashed through three walls before coming to a stop. The sword was throbbing. Inuyasha's father and mother were there in a flash and could tell immediately what had just taken place. The sword turned out to be the very sword Inuyasha carries with him today…tetsaiga, and Inuyasha's father's first wife was dead. Sesshomaru was infuriated and tried to kill my family. Fortunately, Inuyasha's father managed to protect them for the time being. Sesshomaru was forming a legion of evil demons and I knew that it wouldn't be long before he did kill my family. The attack on my family left my house in ruins and my wife and daughter severely wounded. Sesshomaru and the other demons thought that my wife and daughter had been killed, but fortunately Inuyasha's mother, being a very powerful priestess, was able to revive them. Before Sesshomaru and his demons could find out they were alive, I had Inuyasha's father send them far away where they couldn't be harmed. After that I never saw or spoke to them again. I had heard rumors about their death, but I try not to think about it because they are safer where they are if they are still alive. I began working for Inuyasha's father as servant. In return, Inuyasha's father protected me, housed me, clothed me, and fed me. Inuyasha's family was very powerful physically, socially, and politically. I never had much money and my family was very weak. I had actually often wondered as a child why Inuyasha's father hung out with a low life like me, but he did. Even in my years of service as a servant, I never once felt like a servant to their family. They always treated me with respect." Everyone sat in silence. They weren't really sure what to say. Sango and Kagome had tears in their eyes and Miroku sat in shock. Kaede, of course, still just sat there unaffected. Kagome couldn't believe what she had just heard. Everyone from Inuyasha's town seemed to have suffered so much…mostly due to Sesshomaru.

"I'm so sorry, Myouga," Kagome said softly. He shrugged it off as if he hadn't said anything. She quickly realized that he didn't want to talk about it anymore. She stood up and walked over to him.

"Here," she said with a compassionate smile. "Let me take your coat and bag. You've been traveling for a long time and you need your rest."

"Oh no, ma'am!" he protested. "I will gladly place my things where they belong, but I will not have you waiting on me…a servant." Myouga stood and Kagome smiled.

"You're not my servant, and here you're not anyone's servant," she said with a caring smile. "Now let me help you with that coat!" She walked behind him and began to help him take off his coat. When his coat came off, she noticed that he had two huge gashes on each arm. She gasped.

"Oh, Myouga!" she exclaimed. "What happened?"

"Demon attacked me on the way over here," he said. "It's nothing really." Kagome hung his coat on the coat rack and reached for his things. Miroku stood in front of her.

"I know someone else who needs to be taking it easy," Miroku said. "You just came back from the dead little lady. You don't need to be moving around too much, either. Let me at least get his satchel." Kagome smiled and nodded. Miroku bent down to get his satchel and brought it into one of the bedrooms. Sango went to get some sheets for Myouga and Kagome dragged Myouga into the kitchen where she could doctor his wounds. She began cleaning and rubbing healing ointment on his wounds.

"You really don't have to be doing this," Myouga said. She smiled.

"But of course I do," she said with a smile. "Your wounds don't need to go untreated. They could get infected and we wouldn't want that." She began wrapping bandages around his wounds as soon as she had finished treating them with ointment. She finished the last bandaged right as Sango walked in to announce that Myouga's bed was ready.

"Off to bed!" Kagome said pushing Myouga from behind.

"But I really don't need to…"

"No buts!" Kagome stated assertively. "You need your rest. You don't have to go to sleep if you don't want to, but you need to rest your eyes." She walked into the bedroom with him. She helped him get under the covers and tucked him in.

"Now, if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask," she said. Myouga was dumbfounded. The entire situation was an oxymoron. He was servant being waited on.

"Why are you doing all of this for me?" he asked quizzically. Kagome smiled sweetly. She stood up.

"Why not?" she asked as she walked to the door.

"Because I am a servant of your boy-uh-best friend," he said hoping that Kagome had not caught on to what he had almost said. Fortunately, she hadn't a clue.

"That doesn't matter to me," she said sincerely. "All that matters is that you have done nothing but display kindness to us…especially Inuyasha. For that, I am eternally grateful. Besides, I shouldn't have to have a reason to take care of you. You seem like a nice person…that's excuse enough." She had stopped at the door. "Now get some sleep and come get us if you need anything, okay?" Myouga nodded his head. Kagome smiled satisfied that he was complying with everything. She turned out the light and walked out of the bedroom shutting the door behind her.

`Miroku was right,' Myouga thought as he lay in bed. `That Kagome is something else. Nice job, Inuyasha. I just hope you have sense enough to hang on to her and not let your pride get in the way. I would having her as the "Lady" of the Western Lands…wouldn't mind that at all.' And he slowly drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Gomen! Gomen!!! Gomen!!!!!! I know I left you guys on a bad note and I know you are probably wondering what the purpose in that chapter was, but I promise that it has some significance. I am planning this very complex ending and there's a lot you need to know before you get there. Chapter 14 was a lot of information and so was this one, but I promise I will continue with the actual plot in the next chapter. Please, don't crucify me for leaving you on this note!!! GOMEN!!!!

Please review and tell me what you think!!!

Next chapter will be posted within the next couple of days!