InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess' Gift ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The King and Queen of Edo hereby request your presence
for the 16th birthday of their Heir, Princess Kagome.

He read the invitation, and reread it. 'What in the seven hells do you get a princess? Her damn father owns the land! What more could she want?' He threw the slip of paper down andstepped on it on his way out. He walked down the hall way, his raven hair swinging behind him, creating a curtain around his handsome face. His ruby red eyes shined brilliantly as he made his way through his castle. Walking into his private room, he barred the door, not wanting to be disturbed.
The room was dimly lighted; A few torches that had been lit earlier in the day by the care-takers. He walked through the room, picking up a few things, and then dropping them, deciding they weren't worthy of the Princess. A smirk graced his face as his eyes fell onto the only 'thing' in the room that he would be willing to give to the Princess...mostly to get it out of his hair, but also because a slave would make a good present. Lord Naraku was absolutely gleeful as he left his private room to find a servant to wrap the perfect gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

The guests milled about, socializing, waiting on the Princess to make her appearance. The walls were filled with beautiful decorations. A painting of the Princess hung above her throne.

"Now announcing, the Princess and Heir to the lands, Kagome."

A roar went up among the crowd, and applause filled the room. The Princess appeared at the top of the stairs, in a stunning light pink sleeveless gown with a V-neck cut. The back was pinned up with a onyx and diamond studded lilly. Her hair was piled up on her head in an elaborate braid, with a few tendrils framing her face. The crowd quieted as she descended the stairs. As she reached the bottom, the King appeared to take her hand and escort her to her first dance as an adult.
They twirled, and talked quietly. The Princess with a small smile on her face, befitting of a lady with a royal upbringing. As the dance finished, the King led her to her seat, bowed, and stepped back for the Lords and Ladies in attendance to present their gifts.
Lord Kouga was first. He was one of the Princess' many suitors. He laid his gift at the side of her throne, for her to open at a more convenient time, as did all the other Lords and Ladies. An extremely massive box, taller than the Princess and much wider than her throne, was pulled behind Lord Naraku by 3 of his servants. The other guests scoffed, and gossiped that the large package did not mean the present was as worthy as their gift had been. The Princess thanked all her guests and the party began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

After all the guests had left and the King's peons had carried the gifts to the Princess' room, the Princess took her leave. As soon as she entered her room, her ladies-in-waiting flocked to her side. One of the ladies, Sango, who was also her dearest friend since childhood, began questioning her immediately. Kagome politely and quickly answered all the questions and headed off to bed.
Finally out of her gown and into a comfortable white nightie, with her onyx hair cascading down her back in soft ringlets, she entered her bed chambers where the presents had in piled. Something in the corner caught Kagome's eye. It was Lord Naraku's package. 'Hmm, I think I'll wait to open that one.'
After Kagome had opened all the other gifts, she turned to Lord Naraku's gift. Kagome slowly pulled on the extravagant gold ribbon, 'Thank goodness the box opens from the side,' she carefully pulled the on the wrapping paper until it slid away, and the box opened, and out jumped a man. A very good looking man. A very naked man, with shining silver hair, and little dog ears atop his head.
Kagome screamed. The man slapped his hand over her mouth.

"Please don't scream. Lord Naraku informed me of my duties, but I suppose he didn't inform you that you had a living gift." The 'gift' took his hand off her mouth, and bowed as low to the ground as he could with his eyes downcast. "I am your slave, my Leige."

"Stand up. You are a living being, not something to give. Now, what is your name?" Kagome put her hand on his chin, and tilted his head up. He lowered his eyes slowly.

"Inuyasha, my Leige."

"Well then, Inuyasha, stand up, and we will go find you a room."

"But, my Leige, I am supposed to stay in your room. I am supposed to be your protector, and your sex slave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~