InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Roommate ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Roommate

 

Sara: Happy Holidays all! I would say Merry Christmas eve but not everybody celebrates Christmas (like me). Anyway. I got a few reviews saying don't put Kouga, and NO I DON'T WANT KOUGA but TOO BAD!!! Lol. Anyway. I will end the Snuggles scene in this chapter ::sniff:: I almost cried myself when I made Snuggles die but I had to. I planned making him die the chapter I put him in. Anyway. I was going to put this up earlier but I am addicted to Kingdom Hearts. Oh and any Kingdom Hearts players I have a question WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BEAT THAT PARASITE THINGY INSIDE THE WHALE!!! I mean I beat it I was just saying. Sorry…. That was random. This chapter is angsty

 

On ff.net

 

Britt (anonymous): I know it was so sad! ::Hands Kleenex::

 

InuyashaGurl09: :-) Thankx. Luv your s/n by the way.

 

neya (anonymous): Okay I think you missed it. Snuggles was ran over by a truck. A t-r-u-c-k. I think I didn't explain that part clear enough. But you will find out how he got out in this chapter or the next. And to answer your other review, you'll be seeing a lot of Inu n Kik

 

More (anonymous): ::cough:: Okay. More…. Uhh…. Happy Holidays!

 

Hanyou Vixen: Thanks for the originality points! I can't tell you about the closer part though.

 

Kgirl9113: I feel special now.

 

Sailor Star Sakura: Here is the rest. Luv your s/n

 

Kagomegirl56: Good job on guessing correctly ::ding ding:: Oh and what did you need to use for your story??

 

Snoochie (anonymous): The dress thing? You will find out in the chappy.

 

Amanda (anonymous): :-) you make me feel as happy and bright as the gold sweater I am wearing right now (and it has little gold sparkles and I have dark blue jeans and it has a little golden design….sorry)

 

Humble-bumble: lol. WAIT NO LONGER!!! :-)

 

k. Higurashi (anonymous): I don't like when ppl force me to update but I will let this slide because of the cliffy. Just Kidding! I like when ppl force me cause it tells me that ppl r reading.

 

DeamonGrl: Thx! Inuyasha has feelings in there somewhere. I'm surprised none of the other fics show him crying (well other than Dead Famous)

 

Hyperactivepinky: The dress thing will be in here. Yes Inu cried. I luv your s/n.

 

Drake Clawfang: Its okay. Yes Kouga will be there for the next seven or eight chapters.

 

On mm.org

 

Sunshynesurfer: ThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThxThx ThxThxThxThx yes you got your point across.

 

And I have two more reviews but the damn webbie wont show it.

 

A whole batch of reviews :-)! Here is the chapter!!!

 

 

BETA CHECKED BY oXoCrAzY4MyHaNyOuXoX (yep that's me!)

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

Summary: AU: Kagome Higurashi, aspiring actress, realizes that she has no money left over to pay for her rent so she posts and ad for a roommate. Inuyasha Takeimo, a bankrupt actor in need of a place to stay...

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

Last time

And that's how we stayed. Me, on my knees, turned towards the crying man who was in need of comfort, in need of a friend, in need of somebody. In need of me.

 

This time

 

I could here Inuyasha's sniffles echoing through my ears. For some reason, once I heard Inuyasha cry, my heart shattered. I shook my head violently but gingerly enough that I didn't hit Inuyasha in the nose with my shoulder.

 

"Snuggles was my first friend." Was the first word heard. I turned towards Inuyasha. I didn't realize that the weight off my arm was lifted. Now my arm felt bare, naked. Inuyasha's long silver locks were covering his eyes and most of his face. I could still see tears dripping down his chin and onto his lap.

 

"Snuggles… He's been there for me." Inuyasha turned to me, eyes glazed over with tears cheeks streaked with lines. I looked into his eyes, as if trying to unlock a puzzle that remained a mystery during the four days that I have lived in the room across the hall from him (Sara: I went back and counted. It is four days). "Snuggles was my first dog y'know." He smiled through his tears.

 

"The stupid mutt. The day he arrived, all of my shoes were shredded to bits. I barely got to see him though. At the time I was trying to do my movie." I stared a hole through his forehead. Why was he opening his book to me? His book with so many missing holes, so many torn pages but it seems that I am filling it one by one.

 

"What the hell. Why am I telling you any of this?" He questioned as his head drooped onto my shoulder. I sighed, realizing I got barely anything out of him that time. I could hear Inuyasha's soft snores emitting from my shoulder. I found myself staring at his flawless face. His amber gold orbs were shut but I could still imagine them through his eyelids. His thick black eyebrows were bunched up and his silver hair lay flat under him. Then something clicked. How come his eyebrows were black? Unless he dyed his hair. No, his hair was silver and short in `Stars are to be fallen' and they most likely wont let him dye it when he is that young. Or he uses eyebrow pencil. Or his eyebrows are tattooed on. No, I debated. I reached a finger forward hesitantly and brushed it across one of his thick brows. Surly enough it was real… and soft. I found myself repeating the gesture. It was cute to see the hanyou's eyebrows scrunch up at each touch. My eyes drifted up to his ears, which were flattened down like a puppy's at the moment. They were twitching occasionally but other than that they were flattened stiff. I reached a finger up and petted it softly. It was so warm. Inuyasha rolled a little which made me a little uncomfortable but his body began to shake.

 

"Cold?" I questioned nobody but then a soft noise reached my ears. Purring? I continued to rub his ears with my lone finger and he continued to purr louder. The hanyou cuddled up against me slightly. I allowed it because at the moment a thick gust of wind blew our way. My back was extremely chilled as a line of goosebumps etched it. I think Inuyasha must have felt it somehow because he hairs on the back of his neck stiffened and he sat up straight. He looked at me questionably.

 

"Cold?" He asked. I shrugged and nodded. The hanyou stood abruptly.

 

"Lets go." He grounded out and gruffly stuck a hand down my way. I hesitantly accepted it, half expecting him to yell `FOOLED YA' and slip his hand from mind. Miraculously, he lifted me up and let my hand slowly drop from his. The hanyou dusted off his clothes and looked away, a small blush painting his cheeks.

 

"What's wrong?" I began but he interrupted me.

 

"Thanks." And with that he walked past me. I was about to yell after him when I felt a tight pull on my back. A cast a glance behind me and saw the stings of my corset tying. He sealed it with a bow and continued down the street. I watched after him, a small grin dancing on my face.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

I started down the parkway, dragging my feet along the floor happily. It was good to walk along the grass feeling it matt below my feet. Feeling the skirts of the beautiful dress I was clad it itch lightly across my legs. Inuyasha never did wait for me but I guess it is because he cried on the way home or something like that. But on his way down the street, Inuyasha called to me and told me not to touch Snuggles. I was baffled by his choice but I simply left Snuggles be.

 

"How can I pass the time?" I asked as I continued down the park towards the Sakura tree. I decided to let the silence consume me. It was peaceful allowing the clouds and small owls keep me company. I began to hum a small song I knew.

 

"I'm sorry Inu." A voice said. I stopped humming and turned to see them. Inuyasha and Kikyou, holding hands, walking together.

 

"Its okay Kikyou. Snuggles was getting old anyway." Inuyasha said quietly. Kikyou leaned her head on Inuyasha's chest and he stopped to hug her. I felt a pang in my heart as if a pin popped it. I gasped but tried to cover it up. Inuyasha looked up and his eyes met mine. I smiled weakly and continued to walk out of the park as calmly as I could, ignoring the fact that my hands were shaking uncontrollably.

 

::INUYASHA'S POV::

 

(Sara: This starts from the part before he fixed Kagome's dress)

 

I trotted slowly up to Kagome's back and rested my hands on the strings on her corset. The damn thing was undone almost the whole day and practically the whole film. I tied it tightly and sealed it with a bow that Kikyou normally uses to tie my bowties for the award shows and all that stuff I go to. I smiled at Kagome's back and walked away from he silently. I couldn't bear to cry in front of her again. I can't believe I was so damn foolish enough to cry on her shoulder. I could feel her eyes digging a hole into my back. I some how felt warm and comfortable when I was laying on Kagome's shoulder. It was so warm and accepting. I shook my head.

 

"I should really talk to Kikyou about this." I whispered silently. I could feel Kagome moving towards where Snuggles' body laid.

 

"Kagome! DON'T TOUCH SNUGGLES!" I shouted. I didn't want to disturb his resting place. I decided I would come later that night with Kikyou and we will wrap Snuggles in a body bag, and take it to the morgue until we can get it buried…. near my parents. That was another reason why I wanted to leave without Kagome. I planned on taking a detour to my mother's grave. I didn't really ever get to know my father. I only knew of how he died from what my mother told me. She told me that when my father was hunting, a wild beast named Ryokutsuei (sp?) slayed him with one hand practically tied behind his back. I blinked back the tears. I looked up and realized I arrived at Tokyo Ceremony. I stomped across the cemetery but I dodged the graves. I wasn't that disrespectful. I reached my father and mothers mausoleum. Even in their death, they still had to be the richest. I opened the door slowly and tapped down the stairs.

 

"Hello mom. Hey dad." I said as I leaned on my mother's grave. My parents were like my diary. I don't suppose they hear me but they don't tell a soul.

 

"You remember all that stuff we went through together?" I asked as I jumped to sit atop my mother's coffin. I laid down on the top and closed my eyes.

 

"Mommy? Mommy!" The hanyou held onto the gold railing as he crawled down the stairs slowly. He was in one of his old black tuxedos that had little diamond studs on the cuffs. The older woman smiled and ruffled her son's hair. She was dressed elegantly in a red kimono with gold swirls on it, pearls dangling from her ears, and her hair piled elegantly on her head.

 

"When will Daddy be coming home?" The child asked. The elder woman crouched down to the child's size. At this height, you could see the sorrow and anger deep with the lady's eyes.

 

"Daddy went on a trip." She croaked as her eyes dimmed softly.

 

"Like to the Untied states?" The hanyou asked, eyes gleaming with joy. The woman smiled through her tears.

 

"No Inuyasha. She didn't go to the UnitedStates. He went to a place that we call Heaven." She said quietly as she rubbed her son's back.

 

"Mommy. How come all the Mommy's and Daddy's at school go to Heaven? Why do they leave their kids?" The boy asked. The mother shook, her black locks dangling in front of her eyes.

 

"Because Inuyasha. Everybody needs to go to Heaven. And the kids should be happy." She said shakily.

 

"I didn't want Daddy to go to Heaven. And I am not happy. Is it bad that I'm not happy?" Inuyasha looked down to the tiled floor. The mother responded by embracing her son. "I don't want you to go to Heaven. Because then nobody will love me."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

The child grasped his mother's hand tightly.

 

"Mommy. I thought you said Daddy was in Heaven. Why is he in that ugly box?" The child asked. Grief-stricken adults looked down at the child. The woman looked down through her black veil at her son.

 

"When you go to Heaven, your body doesn't go." She replied softly.

 

"Then why are they locking it in a box? We should keep it until he comes back." The child commented.

 

"Don't worry Inuyasha." She replied as she wiped the tears from her eyes. They began to lower the box into the hole. The child's eyes widened.

 

"NO! Don't put daddy down there! How would he breath? How would we feed him? Daddy!" The child yelled as he jumped onto the coffin. "Daddy come back from Heaven! I don't want you to be there anymore. Daddy you never finished reading me the choo-choo story! Daddy!" The crane stopped and they lifted Inuyasha off.

 

"DADDY!!!"

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

"Inuyasha please." The lady appeared at the doorway. Inuyasha looked up.

 

"Shut up." He said drowsily and took another drag on his cigarette while taking a shot of tequila. Tears came to the lady's eyes.

 

"Please Inuyasha. Don't do this. Your not even done High School. What about College?" She begged.

 

"Does it look like I'm going to College wench?" He asked, slurring a few words as he took another drag. A tear rolled down her cheek.

 

"C'mon man, leave her alone." A boy wearing violet said. Inuyasha looked at him.

 

"Who asked you Miroku?" Inuyasha snapped at his friend. Miroku shrugged and turned back to the T.V.

 

"Inuyasha! Don't leave me too. I've been through enough." The lady dropped to her knees in the black plush carpet. Inuyasha lifted himself off of the red canopy bed. He crouched in front of his mother.

 

"You haven't even been through half the shit I lived through." He said coldly. The woman could smell the weed on him. The woman looked down at her knees as tears dripped down her cheeks.

 

"Where did I go wrong Inuyasha? Where?" She whispered.

 

"Maybe it was when you gave birth to me. Made me suffer through school. Having shit thrown at me as I try to walk down the hallway. IT SUCKS!" Inuyasha shouted in her face and marched back to his bed, taking a long drink. The woman looked up, eyes red with tears.

 

"I'm sorry Inuyasha." She stood. "I'm so sorry." And with that she bolted through the doors. Inuyasha watched after her, feeling a pang of guilt.

 

"You screwed up this time." Miroku stated. Inuyasha looked at him angrily.

 

"Shut up."

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

Inuyasha looked down as the closed lid to the coffin in the mausoleum next to his father. They moved him there after Inuyasha attempted to jump on the grave. His mother looked so sad, so… dead. And it was his fault. After the time she caught him smoking and drinking, Inuyasha went to apologize but found that his mother hung herself. He didn't talk much since.

 

"Are you okay?" Inuyasha looked up to see Kikyou Baka heading his way, dressed in a long black dress and a black veil tucked over her hair.

 

"Keh."

 

"Its okay to be angry but you need to talk about it with somebody." Kikyou reasoned.

 

"Keh."

 

"You said that already."

 

"Keh keh keh keh keh!" Kikyou placed a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder.

 

"I know how you feel. My parents didn't die but they got divorced."

 

"And how is that similar?"

 

"I know what it feels like to have nobody there for you. My dad is pretty much always working at `Najidensoko' or whatever and he never has time for me." Inuyasha looked her in the eyes. Her chestnut colored ones looked empty and lifeless.

 

"But was that your fault?" Kikyou looked at Inuyasha, startled.

 

"Wh-?"

 

"My mom hung herself because of me. If I would have just listened to her and kept my damnable mouth shut." Kikyou placed a hand on his lips. Inuyasha looked to the floor but Kikyou slipped into his view.

 

"It's not your fault and it will never be your fault." She said. Inuyasha stared into her eyes deeply as they sealed the gap…

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

"Merry Christmas Inuyasha!" Kikyou called once she opened the door. They hugged. Inuyasha walked into the kitchen for some Egg Nog. As he reached for a cup, a soft milky hand rubbed his. The hands immediately jolted back. Inuyasha whirled around and spotted a teen with curly hair dressed in a red mini dress with green stockings. She had a Santa hat tilted on her head. A blush painted her cheeks.

 

"Sorry…" She said and reached for the Egg Nog, slowly pouring some into a glass and replacing the pitcher.

 

"Merry Christmas by the way… what's your name?" The girl asked. Inuyasha's mouth practically dropped open. He was one of Tokyo famous stars.

 

"Takeimo Inuyasha." He said hesitantly. He wasn't sure if he wanted sure if he wanted another fan girl.

 

"…………." She walked towards him. "Nice to meet you." She stuck out a hand. Inuyasha delayed before he shook it.

 

"I'm Higurashi Kagome." She said before adding. "Santa's little helper."

 

"Kagome…" Inuyasha repeated.

 

"You're catching on." She said playfully. "See you!"

 

"Kagome…" He repeated.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

I sat up rubbing my eyes.

 

"See you Mom. Bye Dad." I waved and left the cemetery. My feet crunched through the brown leaves. The grass was dead and limp so it gave the cemetery a dark, eerie feeling. I stuffed my hands into my pockets. It was brisk out yet it had a humid feeling. I looked at the apartment and skyscrapers I passed. When I was little, I used to think that they were giants. I shook my head clear of the past as I turned down the street towards the apartment. Couples were walking together, cuddling as they made there way into oblivion.

 

"Keh." I mumbled. I trotted across the grass and towards the apartment. As I began to head towards Kag- my apartment, Kikyou was leaving from hers.

 

"Hey Inu-woof-woof-chan!" Kikyou said and fell into my not so open arms.

 

"Hello Kikyou." I said with false cheerfulness. Kikyou didn't seem to notice.

 

"I was just going to the Park. Want to come?" She asked. I shrugged.

 

"Didn't have anything important to do." I said calmly. Kikyou smiled and grasped my arm. We headed for the elevator at the end of the hall. It was, sad to say, empty. Kikyou pressed the buttons and the elevator started to move.

 

"So Inu-chan. How is my little boo doing?" Kikyou asked leaning onto me.

 

"Snuggles died." I said as if bringing it up would lift a big void off of my chest. It didn't. For some reason, I felt as if I was cheating on Kagome by trying to make myself feel better by talking to Kikyou.

 

"Aww." Kikyou said dully. I could hear the sarcasm. I pulled away.

 

"Thanks for your concern." I replied dryly. Kikyou smiled.

 

"That's what I'm here for Inu-woof-woof-chan." Kikyou said and pinched one of my cheeks lightly. I rolled my eyes. I should have just went home, I thought as I looked towards the wooden boards. The elevator dinged to a stop and we drifted out of the building towards the park. The stars filled the night and gave the grass an earthy glow.

 

"Today when I was at the mall this girl went and tried to take my 24 caret gold earrings so I told her `do you know who I am' and she took one look at me and ran. Isn't it so funny?" Kikyou said. I smiled falsely. She superiorly tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear exposing her golden earrings. I gulped.

 

"I love you Kikyou." I bit out. She smiled up at me.

 

"Right back at you." Kikyou said happily. I sighed. She never did pass the `I love you' test. I looked at the stars as we continued to head down the sidewalk towards the park.

 

"And Inuyasha?" She asked as we turned towards the park entrance. "I'm sorry about Snuggles." I looked down at Kikyou.

 

"……"

 

"And about what I said earlier. How I dismissed the topic?" We were closer to the water fountain in the park. "I'm sorry Inu." She said.

 

"Its okay. Snuggles was getting old anyway." I lied. Kikyou leaned on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I felt as if I told the truth, Kikyou wouldn't love me as much. Yet as I hugged Kikyou, I felt a pang of betrayal hit my heart. It felt as if I was cheating on Kagome. And that was when I heard a gasp. I looked up and saw Kagome, staring at us, wide-eyed. She smiled at me but it was barely traceable and very distant. Kikyou looked up into my eyes.

 

"Inu-chan? Do you really love me?" Kikyou asked. I nodded. Her eyes followed mine and I could feel her heart beat quicken.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

::KAGOME'S POV::

 

I began to head home but I realized that Inuyasha could just open the door with his key. Instead I took a detour towards Sango's apartment to stay the night with her. I knocked on the door. Unlike her, I don't have a master key to every apartment.

 

"Coming!" A voice said from behind the door. I tapped my foot. I wanted Sango to hurry because I didn't want to meet Inuyasha while I was outside. Sango answered my prayers and got the door. She was dressed in her pink Winnie the Pooh© pajamas that we bought last year in the annual Najidensoko trip to America. Her hair was set with pigtails at the top of her head.

 

"Hey Kagome! Didn't except to see you at this time of the night." Sango said wiping her mouth. I could tell she was eating chicken wings. That girl and her wings.

 

"Yea Sango. Can I stay the night here?" I asked as I brushed past her.

 

"What's the occasion?" She asked. I smiled.

 

"Starts with Inu and ends with yasha." I said and fluttered my eyelashes annoyingly. Sango sighed.

 

"You guys are at it already?" Sango said as she eased into her green leather couch, pulling he bowl of KFC onto her lap. She motioned for Kagome to sit on the other couch. Kagome plopped down and propped her feet onto the light brown center table.

 

"I saw him hugging Kikyou." I said and leaned over to snatch a piece of chicken. Sango handed me one and changed the channel to `Sex and the City'.

 

"Well I would hug him to if he was my boyfriend." Sango stressed `boyfriend' as she waved a chicken bone around before throwing it into the trashcan.

 

"I know. But it's just that the moment he hugged her, my heart shattered." I said dropping my head into my hands. I was so confused with everything.

 

"Maybe you are in love with him." Sango asked and shrugged as she turned her view back to the show.

 

"I don't love him." I said. Sango shrugged and nodded knowingly.

 

"Whatever you say Kags. Whatever….you….say…." I scrunched up my face.

 

"I hate you." I stated flatly but in a playful tone. Sango grinned widely. When I am with Sango, all my anger seemed to slip away as we pass around playful jokes.

 

"Ice Cream?" I asked. Sango nodded, nibbling the chicken off of the bone after ripping off the skin. I pushed myself off of the couch and headed to the kitchen. After all that insurance money Sango got after her parents died, she got to buy one of the larger apartments. I walked through the dining room and into the kitchen, whistling the whole way. I opened the creamy white refrigerator door and pulled out the Turkey Hill Ice Cream. I licked my lips. It was Rocky Road. I put three scoops on a cone for myself and dropped Sango's into a blender. Whenever she was going to eat something fatting, she'd want it to look like a fruit drink or a veggie shake. I watched as the chocolaty substance chopped and turned inside the machine. I turned it off and poured the now drink into a mug and carried them both to the living room. Sango looked up, eyes lighting with joy.

 

"Thanks Kags. You remembered how I like my Ice Cream!" Sango said joyfully as she sipped the substance.

 

"How can you drink that?" I asked as I licked my cone. Sango shrugged.

 

"Don't know. Its good." Sango shrugged. I turned back towards the TV and we continued to watch the show.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

I rolled around on the couch in Sango's pajamas that consisted of black pants and a red tank top. Sango was safe and sound in her room approximately fifteen steps away from me. Sango would have put me in one of her other rooms but one was a den, one was a storage room, and one was a closet where she kept all of her audition and acting clothes. Sango offered for me to sleep on her room floor but she snores like a horse. I curled into a little ball and rolled off to sleep.

 

A child wiped tears from her eyes. She had a gray bow tied daintily in her hair and the rest was down. She stood alone, in the solitary corner, over the grave.

 

"Miss Higurashi and Mr. Higurashi. Rest in peace." The child read over and over again as she crouched down on her parents' grave. She traced the tombstone. A tear dripped down her dry face, leaving a wet trail in its wake.

 

"I miss you mommy. I miss you daddy." The child cried. "I sawy I wasn't in the car. I sawy I was at Sango's house. I sawy you had to pick me up. I sawy you die!" Kagome's brown eyes were glazed and teary. She used the bottom of her dress to wipe the tears off of her cheeks. Her dress was flowing down into the dirt that was covering the graves.

 

"Mommy no! Come back! I need you!" Kagome dropped to her knees and began to drill her hands into the dirt, struggling to bring back her parents. The child stood and wiped her eyes while sniffing.

 

"Come on Kagome." A lady said gently. Kagome turned slowly. She looked up at her Aunt Yura. Something about her made Kagome shiver.

 

"Coming Aunt Yura." The child bit out and followed her aunt while casting a final glance at her parents.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

The teen scampered through her bureau, grasping whatever she could hold and dropping it into her bag. She had to move swiftly and quickly if she wanted to get out of that hellhole. Nothing was right when she lived with her Aunt Yura. The girl zipped her knapsack shut and placed her `Nightmare before Christmas' sweater on and her black snow boots. She made sure she had all her five earrings were placed in her ear holes securely and pulled her purple-streaked hair up into a high ponytail. She slung the knapsack over her shoulder and tiptoed down the stairs. The door was halfway open when a sound echoed from the hallway.

 

"Where do you think your going Kagome?" Aunt Yura asked drowsily. The teen narrowed her eyes.

 

"Why do you care? I'm going out." The teen snapped. Aunt Yura began to march down the stairs. Bad memories flooded through the teen's mind.

 

"Get away!" The girl cried and reached for the butcher set. She took out a knife and held it to Aunt Yura's neck.

 

"Stay away from me Yura." The girl snapped. Aunt Yura backed away and the teen was out of the door in a flash, dropping the knife in the process. She dodged through the trees and jumped over the upturned roots. She didn't cast a glance behind her, just happy that she was finally leaving that dreadful cabin for the first time in ten years. She wasn't really used to behind outside for long periods of time. She would normally just go explore ways to escape but it took her until tonight to gather up the courage. The teen's skin was pale and ghastly. Her eyes were bagged and she felt weak. The teen looked back as she continued to run through the woods.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

The teen opened her bedroom door, dressed in a white skirt and a pink tank top. She was a valentine's heart. The girl recently got the apartment after saving up for nine months of the rich Miss Kikyou Baka moved in with her and promised to pay one third of the bill if she got the biggest room and got the bathroom every morning from seven to ten. The teen's skin was still pale but it looked healthier now and her body was fuller.

 

"Hey Kikyou. I'm going to the Valentine's day party at Sango's." The teen said as she took out a Snapple from the fridge. The teen passed the living room couch when she saw somebody cuddled up with Kikyou.

 

"Oh hey! Inuyasha I think it was?" The teen asked leaning on the door.

 

"No shit Sherlock. What's yours? Kacey? Kagocee? Gina?" The man asked annoyed.

 

"Kagome. Ka-Go-Me." The teen stressed. The hanyou shrugged.

 

"So?" The girl stomped out of the room and off to the direction of the party.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I looked over to the kitchen and saw Sango standing in a purple apron laying the bacon on the table while shaking the eggs lightly.

 

"Yum. Is that for me?" I asked as I drawled out of the couch and dragged myself to the kitchen.

 

"Of course! I thought since you sleep like a brick, you would like a good breakfast to wake up to." Sango said knowingly. I smiled and licked my lips lightly.

 

"How did you know I liked bacon?" I asked. Sango's jaw slacked.

 

"Since I knew you when you were like four." Sango shouted and playfully punched Kagome's arm.

 

"Anyway. What time do you have school?" Kagome asked taking a bite out of her bacon.

 

"Uh. I gotta be at school in an hour or so." Sango said as she read her watch. I just then noticed that under the apron was her gymnastics uniform. I nodded.

 

"So we still have a lot of time to hang out." I said as I broke off a piece of egg and placed it atop the bacon I was munching.

 

"So what do you wanna do?" She asked as she stuffed a whole strip of bacon in her mouth and washed it down with Orange Juice straight from the pitcher.

 

"Sango. Don't spread the germs spread the love." I said reaching for a tissue to wipe off her mouth mark.

 

"That was the stupidest comeback I have heard since like third grade." Sango commented as took another swig from the pitcher. I rolled my eyes and abandoned my job.

 

"Fine then. I wont have any Orange Juice." I pouted and pretended to cry.

 

"So anyway. Since when did you think ignoring your problems will make everything go away?" Sango took some more egg and took another sip.

 

"Since I said so."

 

"And since when did what you say become law?" She continued taking her plate to the sink to rinse it before placing it into the dishwasher.

 

"Since I said so." I repeated.

 

"You know. He isn't really a bad guy. Your just to stubborn to realize it." Sango hopped atop of the dishwasher and kicked it with her feet.

 

"Try living with him," I mumbled.

 

"For only four days." She finished. I looked at her darkly.

 

"I'm leaving now Sango." I said as I packed the plate and threw the leftovers into the trash.

 

"You don't have to." Sango commented.

 

"I want to." I rinsed the plate off and put it into the dishwasher.

 

"You can just stay in here." Sango dropped in as she hopped off the dishwasher and placed an arm on my shoulder. I slipped it off more with more arrogance than I meant to emit.

 

"Nah. I'm just gonna go. See you Sango!" I said dully as I opened the door. Sango waved lightly at me as I slammed the door to siphon off my anger. I made my way down the hallway slowly. As I was ready to turn the last corner, I bumped into somebody.

 

"Watch where your going asshole," I began. I really wasn't in the mood. I looked up to see who I was talking to. I was looking at a man who had icy blue orbs and long black hair. "Oh sorry. I'm just-" He cut me off.

 

"Look who just fallen out of Heaven and landed with me." He said looking me up and down. I shrunk in his gaze.

 

"Yeah… well I have to go now. Sorry again." I tried to brush past him but he was latched onto my hand for good.

 

"I know. I can repay you by allowing you to be my woman." The man offered. "It is very much a pleasure." I twitched.

 

"That's okay. Really. I don't really mind. I just need to go home." I replied to his brazen offer and attempted to pass him again. He was really strong.

 

"Kagome? Kouga!" I turned to see Inuyasha standing with a bag full of groceries in one hand. I could see the look of surprise on his face. The man `Kouga' lifted my hands once more.

 

"So my lady. Where is your apartment?" The man `Kouga' asked. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out. It was as if I was a gaping fish.

 

"And why do you suddenly claim me?" I asked finally.

 

"Well we match wonderfully, the hair." The man compared our hair. "And I just think that we will be perfect for each other. Like too pieces of a puzzle. Forget.." Kouga's voice drifted as he sent a glare to the man behind him. "That guy." I blinked, touched. I was about to speak when something reached my ears. Growling? I spun to look at Inuyasha. Sure enough, the groceries were on the floor and he was flexing his fingers. I suddenly recalled last night at the park when he was latched on to Kikyou, hugging her, before my very eyes.

 

"Oh well yea the hair." I placed our hair together, purposely brushing a finger against his chest. "We actually do go perfectly together."

 

::INUYASHA'S POV::

 

What the fuck is she doing? I come back home in the midst of the night to find her not home and in the middle of the hallway the next morning, after I purchase groceries from the happiness of my heart, I find her flirting with Kouga in the middle of the hall. I mean get a damn room! She was probably at his house all night doing who knows what.

 

Wait

 

Why am I getting jealous?

Wasn't I just cuddling with Kikyou last night in the park?

 

Even though I sensed somebody there?

 

Aw shit

 

:::KAGOME'S POV::

 

Kouga's face lit up like fire. Good, I said in my mind.

 

"And boy are you strong…" I stated moving the hand from his hair to his muscle. I could here Inuyasha gasp. I continued to move the hand up and down his chest. Kouga puffed it out a little.

 

"Well I love pleasing the ladies." He commented. I nodded.

 

"Of course Kouga." I licked my lips. Not seductively of course. They were chapped and tasted like chalk after all that talking. But I think Kouga got the wrong idea.

 

"But of course my lady. So where is your apartment?" He asked. My eyes widened. I opened my mouth to talk but quickly closed it. I felt myself getting lifted from behind. Within seconds, I was slung on a certain hanyou's back.

 

"Beat it wolf." Inuyasha said through gritted teeth.

 

"Whatever Inu-crap. I will be seeing you later." He swooned the last few words and swaggered towards the elevator. After he disappeared through the doors I decided to question the man I was currently on.

 

"So Inuyasha. How was your night?" I asked. No reply came. The hanyou began to march towards our apartment.

 

"You know how soft your hair is? It feels like animal stuffing." I commented. No reply. He opened the apartment door and slammed it behind him. As soon as the door met its resting place, he threw me onto the floor. I hit with a loud thump but I ignored the pain for now.

 

"Hello." I said and smiled happily.

 

"What the hell were you doing out there! You were practically drooling over that stupid wolf!" I looked thoughtful for a moment.

 

"Oh! That! That was nothing. We just bumped into each other and started talking. One thing let to another and then you found us." I stated. I could visibly see weight lifted off of his mind but his face quickly hardened again.

 

"Then where were you last night?" He questioned.

 

"Somewhere safe daddy." I replied rolling my eyes. I stood and headed to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. As I got the mug a hand gripped my arm.

 

"And where is somewhere safe?" He questioned, ignoring the daddy comment.

 

"Inuyasha. I am 20 years of age. I think I can control where I go." I snapped and attempted to wrench my arm out of his grasp. (Sara: I don't think I ever put an age. If I did then I'm sorry for changing it)

 

"Well you're still not old enough to drink! You were acting like a damn slut out there! Who knows what you were doing out there!" He snapped shaking me sharply.

 

"INUYASHA I LIVED ALONE SINCE I WAS FOURTEEN DAMMIT! I THINK I KNOW HOW TO BE OUT OF A FUCKING NIGHT!" I slammed my mug onto the floor causing the glass to spread all around the kitchen. The apartment fell quiet.

 

::INUYASHA'S POV::

 

Since she was fourteen?

My mother died when I was eighteen so I still was able to get a good job at an acting agency and I was old enough to get the money I inherited. But she was just a child.

 

Barely even a teenager.

 

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I saw silvery tears rolling down the girl's face. I reached a hand out to wipe away the tears but she backed up, accidentally stepping into one of the shards of the mug. Crimson blood began to leak onto the glass.

 

"I'm sorry." I tried but she shook her head, wiping the tears away strongly. The girl retreated to her room and slammed the door. I could hear heart-wrenching sobs through the door.


I wasn't the only one who as been through so much.

 

She was fourteen.

 

Her life was probably worse than mine.

 

What happened to her parents?

 

Didn't she have any relatives to take her in?

 

Did they want her?

I realized that I was missing so many things that she probably never told anybody. I forgot the coffee mug shards that were sprawled on the floor haphazardly and headed towards Kagome's room. I was about to pound on the door when I heard her whispering softly. I pressed an ear against the door.

 

"I miss you mom. I miss you dad. Why did you have to die? When I was four? I would have been with you. You would have seen my dreams come true. Come back…." Her voice drifted off as she started to sob quietly.

 

Four?

 

When I was four I used to skip in the park with my parents in my expensive clothing. I would throw money in the street to watch the poor kids scramble along with it.

 

While I was living the good life, Kagome was crying over her parents' grave.

But that still didn't answer any of my questions.

 

Wasn't somebody supposed to claim her?

Wasn't she supposed to live with a relative?

 

Soft snores echoed through the door that signified she was asleep. I opened the door and walked into her room. Her diary was open. I debated in my mind weather to read it or not. I finally picked it up and placed it onto my lap.

 

Dear Diary…

 

I was about to continue when something latched onto my arm. I looked up to see Kagome with fiery eyes looking at me hatefully.

 

"WHAT IN SEVEN HELLS ARE YOU DOING!" Kagome shouted. My face blushed over three hundred sixty-five shades of red.

"B-Breathing." I stuttered. Kagome's face scrunched and contorted with anger.

 

"I HATE YOU!" She shouted tossing a pillow at my face. I dodged it easily.

 

"Your parents died when you were four?" I asked, ignoring her hate comment. Her eyes dropped.

 

"Mind your own business." She said darkly.

 

"My parents died t-" She interrupted me.

 

"I SAID MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" She pushed me off of her bed and stepped on my hair. I was careful not to move so I don't rip any delicate locks.

 

"You-don't-know-a-damn-thing-about-me," She breathed and swung open the door. "And I don't want you to find out."

 

I heard the door slam shut and shuffling. The living room T.V. turned on and I heard an old Japanese song play. I recognized it from somewhere. I slowly eased my way up and headed towards the living room where Kagome was sitting. She was curled up tightly into a ball. It took me a while to realize she was watching me. `The Stars are to be fallen'. I don't really remember acting out that movie. I walked to the corner of the couch and sat down softly. Kagome's eyes lingered at me before they turned back to the movie. She quoted certain parts she remembered. I don't remember anybody liking that movie so much. It was made like six years ago. We sat in silence during the movie, well most of it before Kagome pause it. Put it on slow at the part when I was in school.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"This part. Something is different about it but I don't know what. Its as if you're different somehow." She said. "I've been doing this for the last month or so. Do you remember what was different?" I racked my brain. I could now remember doing each scene of the movie but for some reason, that part was blank. It was as if it was suddenly erased or it never happened at all. I looked at the hopefulness in Kagome's eyes. But I just couldn't remember. Why was it that every other thing was clear but that part was fuzzy and I only remember waking up in the morning? And I don't ever remember finishing the movie?

 

"I-I don't know." I stuttered. The turned back to the movie and continued to watch it. She seemed to be enjoying it but I continued to think about that question. I only watched the movie once and that was at the premiere. I don't really like watching movies that I act in and at the premieres I am bored as hell. But I normally remember what happens in the movie anyway. What's so different about this one? The end of the movie soon came and I watched intensely in order for it to trigger something. But all of it came up blank. As the last ten minutes of the movie played, I didn't remember any of it. It was as if I wasn't even there. The ending credits rolled and she turned to me.

 

"That was a great ending. Its hard to believe you acted it." Kagome commented.

 

"I didn't." I replied. Her jaw dropped open.

 

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

 

"I don't remember acting the end at all." I decided to leave out the part about the school.

 

"Oh… maybe you were sick or something. Y'know kids get sick a lot." Kagome suggested.

 

"Maybe." I replied. But for some reason, it didn't sound right. Something was missing and I think it had to do with the new moon.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

 

Sara: Happy Holidays all! BOOYA 7746 words and 20 pages baby!

 

21 if you count the a/n

 

This was an extra extra extra long chappy in honor of Christmas.

 

Some may be confused with this chapter.

 

Kags doesn't know that Inuyasha turns human occasionally.

 

Inuyasha does but all he knows is that he turns into a human

 

Inu-papa was moved to a mausoleum after Inu jumped on his coffin

 

I meant for Inu to say the Untied states because it was supposed to be cute

 

The part when Kagome was crying, I pictured that episode of Kaleido Star when it showed Sora crying over her parent's grave before she was adopted (it think it was the one when her dad came)

 

Kag was supposed to say `sawy' in her dream because it's supposed to be `sorry' for a four year old

 

For some reason, when Kag and Inu were together near Snuggles, I pictured it snowing. O.o

 

Snuggles topic isn't over

 

You wont find out about who, or what let Snuggles out for a long time

 

The plot is beginning to form

 

I'm still in my pajamas and its 11:33

 

It took me from 7:00 December 23 until 11:33 December 24

 

I had to proof read it since my beta (who is sleeping over) is asleep.

 

I just skimmed it

 

Kagome and Inuyasha are beginning to reveal more of themselves.

 

But what about Kikyou?

She and Inuyasha are still together.

 

And what about Kouga??

 

More later

 

Sayonara

 

(I by mistake put sayonara on my science project that I got a 100 on) O.o

 

Sara