InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Roommate ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Roommate

 

Sara: Yay! Namie's fixed! Whippie! ::dances around::

 

Anyways

 

I was sick today ::sneeze::

 

Anyways

 

To the reviewers ppls!

 

IM TRYIN TO GET TO 100 baby!

 

<O.O>

 

Hanyou Vixen: ::blows claws shamelessly:: there is nothing wrong with a little cliffy…

 

Drake Clawfang: ::hangs head:: Yeah I know. I'm a better liar in person! I swear (even though that isn't much to be proud for). Oh and Inu knows he turns human just has no control over what he does. And nobody else knows (well…nobody that's alive)

 

EbonyS2: O.o okay okay I'm updating. Just don't bring out the chainsaw again. &)

 

Humble-bumble: Inu-man-chan lost the game of `tag' with Kagome. And as a prize…. she locked him in a cage (and for laughs, cant you picture Inu in a cage with a dog collar and dog tags, scratching fleas? Rotf)

 

K. Higurashi: Yes ma'am! ::salutes::

 

::sweatdrop::

 

Sorry, just watched Cadet Kelly o.O

 

Inulvr4eva: Yay! I put a smile on your face (make the world a better place!)

 

Deamongrl: It's the similarities! And yes I am 12. Not that happy, but glad that I'm not 11 anymore. Don't worry, it will all fall together shortly Kukuku!

 

Mizu (anonymous): Your wish is my command! Cue the `I dream of genie' theme song everybody! ::break dances::

 

Di-anna: Yea. This is gonna be a classic.

 

Snoochie: Thankies! ::dances around:: I gave a good haha! I gave a good haha!

 

<O.O>

 

New story idea: I got a new story up and here it is

 

Delayed Attraction: A/U Kagome, a senior at Sakura High, has never been one for friends. She was never asked out for anything, ever. Not even a measly play date when she was a little girl. She was labeled Geek since she was chosen into a college when she was in eighth grade. At lunch she had a table labeled for only her since as far as she could remember and not one boy asked her to the prom, or any other dance for that matter. And being daughter to the most hated mayor in the history of America doesn't help either. So poor Kagome thinks that she is going to have a bummer summer after being forcefully volunteered for a youth to youth summer school program. But will all that change when she meets an ever so handsome man named Inuyasha or with she just turn the other cheek?

 

Yea I'm gonna have to find a way to cut that summary MAJORLY.

 

<O.O>

 

Okay guys ::smirks evilly:: Sit back and read the show! ::throws cookies at everybody in hopes that they will catch it to avoid a law suit::

 

<O.O>

 

Summary: AU: Kagome Higurashi, aspiring actress, realizes that she has no money left over to pay for her rent so she posts and ad for a roommate. Inuyasha Takeimo, a bankrupt actor and her exroomates boyfriend, in need of a place to stay...

 

<O.O>

 

Warning 1: Short chapter. Gomen.

 

Warning 2: Fluff alert!

 

Warning 3: The Chapter Preview isn't gonna be in this chapter. Kukuku!

 

<O.O>

 

Last time on The Roommate

 

Released the angry hanyou. But it was too late. Before my eyes was a man. An actual man. He had long black tresses that had a bit of a curl at the bottom and deep violet eyes. He wore a deep smirk.

"And just who are you?"

This time on The Roommate

Inuyasha has disappeared and I stared blankly at the black-haired man in front of me.

 

"Sadly I don't remember." I blinked and that was when I realized that I asked him a question.

 

"Wha…?" It recollected what happened in the last hour. Okay, chased a hanyou around the living room after he chased me. I won and locked him in my old dog cage. Turned on the T.V. Countdown till the new moon. Opened cage. Out he came.

 

"I said I don't remember my name." He answered slowly as if I was a LD patient. And that's what I probably looked like, tapping my chin as I tried to remember what I did.

 

"Why not?" I asked. He gave me a stupid look.

 

"Because." He replied. I sighed. This had to be Inuyasha, I can tell by the I-don't-give-a-damn attitude.

"Whatever Inuyasha. So what happened to you?" I asked as I leisurely sat at the edge of the couch arm.

 

"That's not my name." He spat. I rolled my eyes.

 

"Then what the hell is it?" I snapped.

 

"My name is Taro." He said while nodding in approval of the name he just conjured up.

 

"What?" I asked, thrown off balance. I heard that name before, but at the moment, I couldn't think.

 

"Ta-ro," He replied slower than ever. "Ya know. From `Stars Are To Be Fallen'?" He asked. The room seemed to get colder.

 

"Y-you seen that movie?" I followed the lines of his face. He looked familiar now that I think about it.

 

"I was practically in it." Taro lounged on the opposite corner of the couch. He scratched behind his ear nonchalantly. I half expected him to place his feet up onto the couch and sleep. I was about to open my mouth and counter back, when my grandfather clock chimed loudly, indicating that it was seven o'clock sharp. I cursed loudly.

 

"I have ten minutes to be in school and I don't even have a damn ride!" I lost my train of thought completely as I ran into my room and began to throw together random pieces of clothing onto my lavender bed.

 

"If Mr. Baka gets a hold of this I will be in some deep….stuff." I corrected my vulgular language. My parents never would like if I cursed before them. But also because I was shouting so loud, the whole apartment could have probably heard me. I looked up onto my bed and saw that I had my uniform pieced together neatly with a small lint ball attached to the hem. I carefully picked it off and slipped into my clothes.

 

<O.O>

 

That must have been history making for me because I was dressed, teeth brushed and flossed, and (x)lotionatized in four minutes flat and I was currently stuffing my loafers onto my socked feet while attempting the brush my hair, only resulting in the brush getting entangled.

 

"Shit." I mumbled as I wretched it free before buckling the loafers on securely. "Life sucks." I grasped a hair band and quickly secured my hair in a messy bun before I bolted out of the house, faster than any hanyou could. As I ran to the closing elevator, I mentally scolded myself for forgetting about school. That was one of my highest priorities. Since my parents died, it was my number one goal to complete school so I could leave Aunt Yura. As I reached the elevator, the doors closed. I sighed irritably from my `lucky streak'.

 

"Sucks huh?" I squeaked as I turned to be chin to nose with Inu- Taro. A few moments of silence passed.

 

"Yea." I said finally. I backed up from the nervousness the close proximity I felt my back touch the ice-cold elevator doors. He took a step closer.

 

"It was pretty smart of you. Trying to leave me in you hell of enough boring apartment while you go off to some club." He smirked.

 

"Club?" I looked myself over. I surly thought I was in no club attire, until I saw his eyes meeting my skirt. I suddenly self-consciously pulled it down a bit. "I'm just going….. going to school." I could feel the tip of his nose as his violet orbs met me straight in mine.

 

"Oh…?" I could sense he wanted to go on but I head a ding. I was about to look around when I suddenly felt the door give out underneath me. I screeched as I hit the marble floor, which resulted with the wind getting knocked out of me. I heaved in as much air as my little lungs could carry as I coughed franticly.

 

"Are you okay?" Taro knelt in front me. I nodded weakly as I continued to breath in wildly. All I could think about was the fact that Taro (aka Inuyasha, the mean, hanyou, beast) was asking if I was feeling okay. Taro smiled and pressed the button to the lobby.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked as I finally stood. Taro cocked his head.

 

"What does it look like? I'm coming with you." I blinked a few times.

 

"You can't come into my school. I have lots of important things to…"-I was interrupted by the ding that the elevator passed yet another floor-"do." Taro shrugged.

 

"So?" I sighed, knowing that this was a battle that was not to be one. As we exited the apartments, I heard my watch chime which indicated that it was the start of first period at Najidensoko. I synchronized my watch so I will know if I have time to stop at WcDonalds in between classes.

 

"Oh my kami!" I shouted as I began to run down the street, ready to powerrun the last eight blocks, when a hand grasped my shoulder.

 

"No use running if your going to be late either way." He said. I thought if over a bit and slowed my pace again.

 

"Guess your right." I sighed as I dropped into a moderate synchronized walk with Taro. I looked at him.

 

"Would you mind if I called you Inuyasha? I mean you are the same person, just different somehow with the new moon here and all. And you probably wont be here tomorrow so why waste brain cells on trying to remember your name." I was half-joking on the last part when I looked at him, I gasped.

 

He was enraged

 

His eyes snapped towards me.

 

"I dare you to say that again wench." He placed his hands on my shoulders gruffly. I felt myself grow small.

 

"Say w-what?" I stuttered.

 

"I said say that again dammit!" He shook me violently and I felt my elbow scrape against the stonewall.

 

"No." I whispered. He looked me straight in the eyes, violet ones filled with rage.

 

"Why!" He shouted more than asked. I squeezed my eyes shut.

 

"Because I'm scared of you."

 

::INUYASHA'S POV::

(or whatever you wanna call him)

 

I think it was the tears that dripped down her face that brought me back.

 

"I'm so scared." I heard her say quietly. I released the woman and she crippled from where she just was.

 

"Hey…" I said quietly. She looked up at me with glazed eyes and backed up into the sharp stonewall.

 

"No…" She said, barely audible. I dropped to my knees before her and held her face in my hands. I could she her attempt to flinch away but I grasped on a bit harder. No words came to my mind so instead; I captured her lips in a chaste kiss. I could feel her body melt as I felt her soft lips against mine. I pulled away and looked at her deep in the eyes.

 

"Are you okay now?" I asked. She blinked before breaking in an all out grin.

 

"Yea. I'm fine." She stood and we began walking off to Najidensoko, except there was one difference, her hand was neatly tucked in mine.

 

<O.O>

 

::KAGOME'S POV::

 

We arrived at Najidensoko a few minutes later. After that scare, Taro didn't say much. I don't really know why I acted the way I did. Guess it just brought back old memories. I brushed open the door and immediately, I could see all eyes in the classrooms turn to me. I blushed self-consciously and slowly let go of Taro's hand. We walked down the hallways to my class and I opened the door. The people in my class stared at me, including Mr. Baka who chose that moment to visit the class.

 

"See you Taro." I said and attempted to leave but he grasped my wrist.

 

"Bye Kagome." He planted a kiss on my cheek and I closed my eyes tightly as I heard gasps from my classmates. I could immediately here them begin to gossip.

 

"Excuse me Ms. Higurashi but you can continue that after class." Mr. Baka said as he opened the door wider for me to enter. A chill went down my spine. I heard laugher come from everybody.

 

"Good time for you to finally show up Kags!" Ayumi shouted from the riser desks. I sighed heavily.

 

"Bye Taro." I said again as I hobbled up the steps and sat next to my friends.

 

"What were go doing?" Eri asked the second my skin reached the plastic of the chair.

 

"I-" I stopped because I heard a gasp. I looked at the door and saw Taro pointing at Mr. Baka and gasping like a fish out of water.

 

"-ts you Naraku! No…" He turned and quickly ran out the door. I heard his footsteps come to a close as Mr. Baka left the room.

 

"With that freak?" Yuka finished Eri's sentence. My eyes darted towards her, embers burning within.

 

"Don't call him a freak." I seethed. Yuka put her hands up in mock surrender.

 

"Sorry oh great one." She mumbled and returned to her notes as did my other friends. But all I could think about was the wide-eyed look on Taro's face.

 

<O.O> The next day <O.O>

 

I entered the room in my school uniform. After class, Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi decided to take me to a party at Hojo's house. It ended up being so stupid that Ayumi and I had to sneak out the back window and we slept at her place. I looked onto the couch and saw blankets on it, ruffled. The T.V. volume was turned on high and the stereo was playing at the same decibels at the television. I approached the T.V and turned it off and turned down the stereo volume. After I was done my task I stood, arms folded.

 

"What happened?" I asked nobody. I proceeded to fold the blankets and clear off the snack food. After I was done my task I popped in `Stars Are To Be Fallen'. And as the movie approached the part that she always paused at, something was seen. Where the hell are his ears? I paused the movie and set it on rewind. At the scene where Inuyasha was walking into the school, his ears were taped against his head but you could clearly see the wrinkles on his head. But in the classroom, the wrinkles were gone, so were his ears. I paused the movie once again and looked at Inuyasha closely. And that's when I realized, that wasn't him.

 

It was Taro.

 

<O.O>

 

::AUTHOR'S POV::

 

Inuyasha leaned on the coffin. Neatly engraved were the words `Snuggles Takeimo'.

 

"I will find out who did this to you. I will." And with that, the hanyou left the mausoleum.

 

<O.O>

 

Sara: ::dodges flying dog food:: I know it was shorter than last chapter but at least I updated! Anyway, Review! You will help me get one step closer to 100. And yea I know I didn't read over it.

 

<O.O>

 

Next chapter preview:

"What do you mean?!?" Inuyasha snapped dangerously but I stood my ground.

 

"I'm saying that Snuggles wasn't really your dog. That the Snuggles you knew was just a fake? And maybe it didn't even matter that he was flattened to hell and back by that truck?" I snapped back.

 

"Don't you dare bring that up." He pressed me against the wall. I watched as his eyes flashed red. "Or I will kill you." I closed my eyes.

 

"Then I guess you will have to kill me."

 

<O.O>

 

HEY!

YOU!

CLICK DOWN HERE TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!