InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The School Romance Series - #1 ❯ A Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`A Dream'
By AngelYasha
 
******************************************************
 
Disclaimer: I do not, repeat, do NOT own any of the Inuyasha Characters. I wish I did though. ;)
 
*****************************************************
 
She was about to leave the room when she noticed something was wrong .As she looked around she saw that everyone in the room was `frozen'. Then it happened. Dozens of kids came pouring into the room. She got out of the way and watched as everyone sat down and froze like everyone else. Then `he' came in. He was the last one to go into the room. When he stepped in everything turned blue-black. He was the one who made her heart skip a beat, the one who took her breath away. They stood there staring at each other for what seemed like a lifetime. When she realized she was staring she quickly turned around and collected her things. As she headed out the door he grabbed her by her arm and pulled her to him, firmly but gently, making her drop all her things, and put his lips on hers in a breath-taking kiss. They stood there like that for what seemed like an eternity. He was the one who ended the kiss. He bent down, picked up and gave her her things, put something in her left hand, gave her a final kiss on the forehead, and gently pushed her out the door.
 
Kagome woke up feeling flushed and in a daze. She was drenched in cold sweat. She tried to remember what happened. Then she recalled her dream. She remembered everything and everyone freezing and turning blue-black. She remembered him and what they had done. To her that really did seem like a dream. Then she felt something in her hand. It was a folded sheet of paper. She opened it very carefully, as if life depended on it. It was a note and it read: 'You may be wondering if what just happened was real or not but remember that one thing will always be real: that I will always love you; today, tomorrow, and forever. Never forget.' She read the note over again and again as if she didn't believe any of this was happening. Then she folded up the note, put it on her dresser, and got ready for school.
Inuyasha was lying in bed, not being able to sleep, recalling everything that had happened with her; the way she looked at him, the way he had kissed her, how fragile she was in his arms, how perfectly they had fit together. He wondered what she was doing right at that moment; was she still asleep; was she awake. He could still remember her hourglass figure and how perfectly his hand fit on her waist. Pulling himself out of the daze, he got out of bed, and started getting ready for school, all the while thinking about her.
At school, Kagome was on edge, wondering if Inuyasha was going to go to school that day. Of course she knew he was. All morning, she couldn't concentrate on any of her schoolwork. She kept thinking about the note he had given her in her dream, if it was a dream. At lunch was when she thought she could get a break and try to forget what had happened. Unfortunately, that was when she saw him. Seeing him made her feel uneasy. Her friend, Sango, seemed to notice her uneasiness and came over to her in the lunch line, followed by her other friend, Miroku. “What's wrong?” they asked.
“N-nothing.” Kagome said in an uneasy voice.
“Are you sure, because…”Sango cut off.
“You don't look O.K” Miroku finished for her.
“Don't worry,” she reassured them,” I'm fine.”
While she was eating lunch she kept looking back at him, only to find that he was looking back at her. When they called her section of the cafeteria to throw away their lunch and go to class, she left the cafeteria and stole a glance at him, only to catch him looking at her again.
As he watched her go, he knew that he wouldn't get to see her until the end of the day. Secretly, he was sad to watch her go. He spent the rest of the day thinking about her, unable to concentrate on any of his work. In one class one of his teachers got mad at him for not paying attention. During his last class of the day he was really eager for the bell to ring so he could tell her what had been on his mind all day.
When the bell rang Kagome ran out of the classroom, not paying attention to the teachers telling her to stop running, hoping she wouldn't bump into him.
On her way to the after school program, she bumped into Sango and Miroku.
“Hi!” They said in unison.
“What's the rush?” Miroku asked.
“Umm… I'm going to be late for after school and I'll get in trouble.” She half lied, knowing that there was some truth in that. Suddenly she remembered that they had the last class with Inuyasha and was in even more of a hurry than before.
”Look guys, I really got to go O.K. Bye.” Then she turned around and left.
“Wait for us” Sango called out after her. But she didn't hear her and kept on walking.
Just at that moment, Inuyasha stepped out of the classroom just in time to see her hurry into the crowd of kids that filled the hallways. He hurried to catch up to her, wanting to tell her what had been on his mind. Then he saw her stop to say hi to her other friend, Kouga, and gave him a friendly, but awfully close hug. He suddenly felt a pang of jealousy and the sudden urge to beat Kouga to the ground and tell him that if he ever touched her again he wouldn't live to see daylight again. When he saw Kouga pass by him he realized that she was leaving.