InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Silver Dove and the Raven ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

Chapter 2

For the next few days, everyone kind of kept to themselves. No one really had time to sit down and get to know each other with all the moving in and work. There were 3 floors to the place. All rooms were the same size except for Sesshomaru's. There were 5 bedrooms on the 3rd floor which were occupied by Koga, Shurran, Kagome, Hojo and Sesshomaru. The 2nd floor was occupied by Sango, Miroku, Hiten, Ayame, Kagura and Kikyo and Inuyasha slept in the first floor.

Koga moved in his band equipment and asked permission to use the game room for practice with his band members Ginta, the bass player, Hakkaku, one of the guitarists, Muso, his drummer. Koga was lead guitarist and vocalist.

Kagome moved in her boxes but stuck with the habit of not unpacking them. She wasn't sure when the curse would kick in. She set up her bed and placed a few of her clothes in a dresser. She grimaced at the teeny pop song that her roommate blasted.

Sesshomaru didn't do anything but order his movers around as he tapped his blackberry and talked into his earpiece with someone important.

Kagome yawned and wiped her teary eyes as she pulled her leather hip-huggers up and placed a studded belt around her waist that revealed a tribal tattoo on the small of her back. In truth, she would rather wear fuzzy pajamas and a spaghetti stained t-shirt but for work she had to dress up if she wanted good tips. Only a small price to pay by degrading oneself. The weekly reward always made up for it. She buttoned her white blouse that was transparent and showed her lacey black bra.

"God, I'm such a whore." she looked at the mirror and shook her head. Oh well, a job is a job. She grabbed her long midnight hair and pulled it tightly into a high ponytail. The ponytail fell down to the small of her back and she proceeded to put some makeup on when there was a knock at her door.

"Hey.." Koga opened the door ajar. " Can I come in?"

Kagome looked back from the mirror with one eye darkened with eyeliner and the other natural.

"Sure..." she nodded and looked back at the mirror.

"Where ya goin'?" he asked.

"Work." she answered flatly. "Why?"

"Just wondering. My band mates are comin' and I wanted you to hear us play so you can give me your opinion since...you basically say what you think." he smiled.

"Oh." she smirked and grabbed her bag and checked her cellphone for its battery power. "What time are you guys playing?" she closed her cellphone and dropped it into her bag.

"around 10. That's the time they'll all be out of work and we can't really play after 12." he shrugged.

"I might be home by that time. It's Tuesday and the bar is usually slow so they might send me home by...9."

"Sweet. So, I hope to see you there." he said and he turned around. " Hey, what do you think of this place so far, too good to be true?"

"Oh yeah. I'm waiting for the cameras to come out and say 'just kidding!'" she laughed and buttoned her blouse to the top. She didn't want to send the wrong impression on her way to work.

Koga chuckled. " What do you think of our roommates?"

"Eh...they are Ok. I'm not really fond of this one next door." Kagome pointed towards Shurran's room. " Hojo is a trip with his bug obsession. As for the people on the second floor, I haven't gotten to know them really but I do think that Ayame might not like me." she said as she headed for her door.

"Why do you say that?" he asked and then remembered. " Oh wait, when you slammed the door in her face."

"Uh...yeah." Kagome tittered as she opened her door wide for the both of them and they got out. At that moment, Sesshomaru walked passed the room and gazed at the both of them and looked away as he went towards his room. Kagome and Koga both looked at each other and then shrugged. That didn't look right, Kagome thought. Me, dressed like this having a guy I barely know come out of my room.

"Well, see you tonight." she said and she waved as she walked down the stairs.

"Later." he waved and then grimaced at Shurran's music as he jogged back into his room.

Sesshomaru closed his door and walked toward his window. What a whore, he thought. That girl had no respect. She just moved here and already sleeping with everyone. He scoffed as he pulled out his blackberry and went over the things he had left to do today. It was already 4 pm and he had gotten things pretty much done. What else could he do, he thought as he looked out the window. He unbuttoned his shirt and removed it and set it on the couch beside the window as he tugged on his undershirt. Perhaps he could invite his colleague Naraku Onigumo over to discuss their business plans. No, that seemed like a pathetic excuse to have company over. His gaze moved towards the street where he saw Kagome come out of the building holding her cellphone. She tugged her pants up that rested on her hips as she walked down the steps and onto the sidewalk where a few guys walking toward her whistled and kept calling for her to come over. She gave them the finger as she stood on her phone not looking back at them and crossed the street.

Hmm, he thought. Why would she wear something like that and not expect to get all of that negative attention?

He snapped out of his daze when a knock sounded at his door and he frowned. Who could be bothering him?

As he walked toward it, it opened and Shurran popped her head in.

"Hi. I was wondering if you could help me with something?" she twirled her hair.

Sesshomaru cocked a brow and looked at her for elaboration.

"It's so hot and my air conditioner won't turn on." she pouted and tugged at her blouse causing one button to open and reveal her cleavage.

"That is Inuyasha's job." Sesshomaru stated flatly.

"I know." she sucked her teeth and twirled her hair. "He's out on some errands. Please! I know a man like you is good with his hands."

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes as he followed her to avoid her whiny begging. He entered her room which had pictures of her everywhere. He walked over to the air conditioner. He checked the wires and followed the cable down to the floor.

Shurran sat on the dresser by him, her skirt raising up showing her tanned legs. She took a moment to examine his physique. His dark navy sweater clung to his muscles, his tight abs poke through an opening between his shirt and pants.

Sesshomaru rubbed his face when he looked down at the outlet. He looked at her disbelievingly and raised the plug.

"Oh..." she giggled. " Ooops, uh-duh!"

Sesshomaru shook his head and plugged the air conditioner and turned it on. The air shot out warm at first and then turned cold. He waved his hands in a sarcastic 'viola' and proceeded to leave the room.

"Thanks so much. Let me make it up to you." she got off the dresser and followed him.

"That won't be necessary." he said trying not to sound annoyed and walked down the steps.

"I'll make it up to you, I prooooomise!"she yelled down the steps.

He didn't care where he was going but it was sure the hell away from her. He left the loft and got into his jeep. He drove with no destination intended.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Kagome cursed as she ran down the street in the rain. When she turned the corner, she looked at the sign in front of the bar she worked. It was closed. They didn't even bother to notify her. Turning back to go home, she crossed her arms to cover herself. Her white blouse was completely drenched, revealing the black lacey bra she wore underneath. Everything was wet including her socks! One thing she hated about rain was having wet socks. She flinched when someone grabbed her wrist.

"Hey, sweetie, where you going so fast?"

"Excuse me?" she pushed the man's arm off. " You make it a habit to grab people you don't know?"

"You just look sexy, I couldn't contain myself. Don't you recognize me? I come in during your shifts and ask for Jack Daniels neat, I was so bummed they closed the bar today, they failed inspection."

Kagome did recognize him after he said that but she also recalled how he creeped her. He would just stare at her throughout her shift. Failed inspection? That didn't sound good. Did she have to find a new job now?

"Listen, I'm soaked. " she said.

"Come on, let me take you somewhere nice and you know," he made another attempt to grab her hand. He stared at her chest noticing her black bra.

"I really need to go. I'm-"

"Come on, don't be such a bitch. I know you want it, wearing something like that, you totally want it."

"Want what?" she said, trying to tug her hand free.

"This." He reached and grabbed his crotch.

"Ew," Kagome spat. " Get off me. Are you crazy! Let me go!"

The rain fell harder. She started walking faster as the man followed behind her. She crossed the street and heard a screech. She looked up startled at the black Jeep and saw Sesshomaru. She looked at him and at the guy who continued to follow her. She looked back at Sesshomaru who frowned at her almost wanting her to get out of the way. His gaze moved towards the guy and then back at her.

She rolled her eyes at him and trotted across the street, the man following behind shouting at her.

Oh my god, Oh my god, what am I going to do?

She felt her heart beat fast as she debated how to handle the situation.

Sesshomaru watched Kagome pace down the sidewalk, an older man following behind her. Her face showed fear and he quickly observed the situation. It's none of your business what the tramp brought upon herself, move along. The light green and he drove slowly, turning down the block Kagome walked down. He watched as the man gained closer to her and grabbed her arm, pulling her toward him.

Sesshomaru stopped the car and got out. He stood by his door and glared at the man.

"Is that your boyfriend?" the man asked, letting go of her.

"Yes!" Kagome added, startled by everything. She was a bit confused by Sesshomaru's presence and read his expression. He pointed to his car and she walked over to him. Before she got in, she looked up at him but his eyes stayed on the man.

"Get in the car." He said to her and she listened.

The man started to walk away, nervously looking back at Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru got into the car and drove. He looked at Kagome who didn't say a word and just stared straight. Her face was pale white and she was visibly shaking. She must have been freezing so he turned the heat on. He glanced for a moment at her and she stared the opposite way as if she were hiding her face in embarrassment. They both didn't say a word as he drove back to the house.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

"Man, I'm hungry. Does anyone know how to cook?" groaned Koga as he looked at everyone in the game room from the couch.

Miroku and Inuyasha were playing air hockey. Hojo was playing an RPG game on XBox 360, Hiten was playing foozeball with Ayame. Kagura, Kikyo and Shurran were chatting as they showed each other their nails and fawned over a magazine. Sango was playing chess by herself.

"I can cook ramen." Inuyasha chuckled as he shot the puck back at Miroku.

Miroku frowned and grunted as the puck hit his thumb " Ow...shit. That's better than what I can cook. I can't boil water without it burning it."

"Damn." Koga clutched his stomach as it growled. " Can't any of you girls cook?"

Sango looked up from her chess game and scowled. " What's that supposed to mean? You're so sexist."

"What?" Koga cackled. " It was just a question."

Everyone stopped what they were doing when they heard the door and looked towards the hall and saw Kagome storm up the steps and Sesshomaru followed a few seconds after. Everyone looked at each other with cocked eyebrows and smirks.

"Wonder what that was about."Koga sighed and got up to join Sango at her solitary chess.

"Ok, dude. I need to eat also." Miroku grabbed his stomach as he shot the puck back at Inuyasha and scored a goal.

Inuyasha cursed and sucked his teeth. "Alright. Let's go raid the fridge and see what we can put together."

He and Miroku both left the room toward the kitchen and Kagura watched them leave with a grin.

"The guys in this loft are so hot." Kagura squealed to Shurran and Kikyo.

"I know, right!" Kikyo smiled.

Shurran shrugged and pulled out a cigarette. " They're cute but I think Sesshomaru is the hottest." she whispered as she lit her cigarette.

Kikyo smirked. " He is...but he is very quiet. He is always in his room. At least the other guys make an attempt to talk to us."

"Well, all I am saying is...I saw him first." she giggled evilly at the two.

" Whatever!" Kikyo crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. " I saw him first."

Kagura giggled and crossed her legs. " We should bet on who can get him."

Shurran frowned. " There is no challenge here. I always get what I want. Besides, our mothers know each other and let's just say, they have some plans for us."

"Ooh, dish out girl. What plans?" Kikyo cocked a brow and flicked her nail.

"Can't tell you yet." Shurran preened.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Kagome washed all the makeup off her face and glared at the mirror and sighed. That was so embarrassing, she couldn't help thinking. She wasn't really affected by the harassment but, she hated the idea that Sesshomaru probably got the wrong idea about her. Oh well, she shrugged. It didn't matter what he thought anyway. She pushed her wet clothes that were on the floor and placed a black care bear t-shirt she had gotten for her birthday from her brother and black silky pajama pants.

She rubbed her eyes as she placed her glasses on and decided to study. She walked toward her bed and grabbed her book on Law and Ethics and grabbed a hair tie from the nightstand. Inuyasha stood by the door with his arm raised like he was about to knock and brought it back down to his side.

"Oh, hey..."he chuckled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"What's up?" she said as she placed the book between her thighs and pulled her hair up into a messy bun.

"Nice glasses." he said and pointed to his eyes. " Looks good on you."

"Thanks." she said as she grabbed the book from her thighs. " Is there something you need to tell me?"

"Right." he said as he snapped out of his daze. " Miroku and I made an attempt at dinner, are you hungry? Everyone is meeting downstairs at the table in 10 minutes. It'll be a good way to get to know each other more."

Kagome curled her lips, not really wanting to do that but she didn't want to be labeled as a snob. She was hungry though. She put her book away and nodded. Inuyasha watched her go downstairs with admiration. He shook his head and walked toward Sesshomaru's door. He didn't bother knocking and just walked in.

"Very bold of you to come in without knocking." Sesshomaru sat by the window smoking a cigarette. He bristled over his shoulder at him.

"Dinner is ready." he said as he walked toward the window and crossed his arms. " Oh come on, are you going to bitter for as long as you're here?"

"Why, does it bother you, little brother?" Sesshomaru sneered at him.

"Yes." Inuyasha retorted.

"Good." Sesshomaru answered flatly.

Inuyasha scoffed. " Whatever." he was about to walk out and then stopped." Hey, did you and that girl Kagome come in together earlier?"

"How is that any of your concern?" Sesshomaru pulled on his cigarette and looked at him.

"Just curious..." Inuyasha shrugged and walked off. " Remember, sparring at midnight. Don't wuss out."

Sesshomaru scoffed. " Are you sure you can handle it? As I recall, I cut you pretty badly the last time." he smirked.

"Whatever. " Inuyasha rolled his eyes and pulled up his sleeve at the scar on his arm. " It's already healing."

Sesshomaru faked sympathy. " Aw, now if you weren't such a filthy half-breed, that little gash of yours would have been non-existent by now." he flicked the cigarette out the window.

Inuyasha frowned and turned away and walked towards the door. " Look, quit being a dick and just come downstairs. I mean, can you do that?"

Sesshomaru complied after a while and when he made it to the kitchen, everyone was engrossed in individual conversations. He did a once over at Kagome, her head was down and she was purposely averting him. He sat down across from her and looked at his plate. Shurran sat beside him and winked at him. He didn't acknowledge her and inched his seat away from her.

"I don't get it." Shurran whispered while Kikyo laughed at her.

"What's not to get? He doesn't want to sit by you."

"No... maybe he is gay." Shurran said.

"Smooth. Trying to save your ego?" Kikyo giggled and Kagura joined her in a teasing laugh.

"Whatever." Shurran scoffed.

Inuyasha and Miroku went around serving everyone wine.

"Hey, this is nice." Koga said. " I can get used to the both of you going around playing butler."

"Yeah right, man. " Inuyasha barked. " Better not get used to it. This is a one time thing."

Hiten raised his cup as Miroku poured him a glass." I dunno. Miroku would look sexy in an apron." he joked.

"Oh stop." Miroku said in a girl's voice and everyone laughed.

Kagome took a sip of her wine as she played with her phone. Koga through a crumpled napkin at her.

"So, you're home early." Koga looked at his watch.

"Yeah...the bar was closed." she said, meeting Sesshomaru's gaze briefly. It was awkward how they didn't speak once to each other through the whole ride. She felt bad for not thanking him.

"The bar?" Miroku said. "Didn't take you for a drinker."

"Silly." she teased. " I'm a bartender, remember?"

"Oh yeah.." he smirked and looked at Sango as he poured wine into her glass. " Here ya go, sexy."

Kagome watched as Sango brought the glass to her lips and blushed.

"So... why was the bar closed and why didn't they tell you?" Koga asked.

" Cause they're jerks?" she said.

"That's cool." Sango spoke and everyone looked at her. She didn't really say much so it startled to hear her say anything. " I mean, not cool that they didn't tell you.." she clarified and looked at Kagome. " I mean, it's cool you are a bartender."

"I guess..." Kagome said and looked down at her phone.

Sesshomaru declined when Inuyasha tried to serve him wine.

Inuyasha rolled his eyes.

"What do you like, Sesshomaru?" Kikyo asked, Shurran and the rest stared with curiosity at the mysterious demon.

Inuyasha snickered. " Anything that is expensive and taste like shit."

Sesshomaru glowered at him. He knew Inuyasha was showing off and didn't want to lower himself by trying to save face. Inuyasha got the hint and backed off.

"So your father, he is like some rich guy or something?" Hiten asked.

"or something." Inuyasha answered.

"You guys are lucky." Hiten said.

They were all quiet for a while, hesitant to ask each other questions. Inuyasha looked at Kagome and cleared his throat.

"So, Kagome, what major are you going to take up when you register for college?"

"Criminal Law." She answered. A few people flashed impressed gazes.

"Mmm...fancy shmancy. Kagome the lawyer." Miroku smirked.

"Nice, so you can defend Koga when he gets into some stupidity." Inuyasha said and everyone laughed.

"Hey, how do you guys know I do stupid stuff?"

"You look like the type."

Koga's phone rang and he answered. "Yeah? Ok, you nearby? Did you bring the beer? Sweet." He hung up.

"what kind of music does your band play, Koga?" Kagura sipped her water.

"Mainly alternative rock but a bit of thrash." he bit into a piece of garlic bread.

"What's the name of the band?" Hiten asked.

"Wolf's Bane." he said proudly.

"Wicked name." Hiten replied.

Shurran leaned into the table, her breasts trying to pry out of her shirt. She bit her lip seductively and leered between Inuyasha and Sesshomaru.

"So, Inuyasha, tell us about your brother since he's so quiet."

"Sesshomaru?" Inuyasha met his brother's eyes. "There's nothing to tell. He hates everyone. Don't bother getting to know him."

Sesshomaru actually cracked a smile but it immediately vanished. Kagome noticed Shurran desperately trying to get Sesshomaru's attention. Inuyasha noticed Kagome looking at Sesshomaru and frowned. He was curious to why they both had come in together. He couldn't help be bothered by this. Somehow, it almost felt like jealousy but he couldn't understand why he would be jealous. He and Kagome hardly spoke and she didn't really show any interest in him.

The door sounded and Koga slid his chair back.

"Ah, that's the beer...I mean, the band." he cackled and winked at everyone.

"Food was great, guys." Kagome grabbed her plate and got up. Koga walked around the table and grabbed her arm.

"Nu-uh, where are you going, going to hide in your room already? You said you'd watch the band..." Koga squinted.

"I know." Kagome smiled. " Can I just change out of my P's?"

"Hey, I got an idea." Inuyasha stood up as well. " Why don't we do a last minute party. Call up some friends, we have a pretty full bar. Kagome can bartend and Koga can play and we can all chill tonight and get to know each other more."

"I'm so game." Koga blurted. "Let's get tanked tonight!"

"Um.." Kagome started.

"what?" Inuyasha smirked. " Don't want to bartend? Or is it the socializing part?" he teased and Kagome shot him back a playful scowl.

"No. I'll do it." she nodded and grabbed her plate.

"No, leave it. I got it." Inuyasha smiled. " You guys go get ready, I got this."

"How nice of you." Miroku smirked and sighed as he placed his arms behind his head in rest.

"What are you sighing about, Miroku? You're helping me." he tapped his shoulders and Miroku groaned.

Everyone left to change and call up their friends. Kagome walked up the steps to her room, Sesshomaru was behind her. She took her glasses off to rub her eyes and they fell. She looked down to see Sesshomaru reaching down to pick it up. He handed it to her and passed by her.

"Oh..." she said. "Thank you..."

He waved his hand and brushed it off.

"I mean...about earlier." she said and he stopped for a moment and looked back at her with a serious face.

"Just a word of advice, if you weren't dressing inappropriately, you might have been able to avoid such thing."

Kagome was taken aback by the insult. Before she could say anything back, Sango called out to her.

"Kagome, can I ask you something?" she said.

"Sure." Kagome gritted, trying to let Sesshomaru's remarks roll off her shoulder.

"Well, actually, I need to ask you two things. This is embarrassing."

"It's fine." Kagome said. " Ask away."

"Ok, well...I was wondering if you could teach me how to bartend so I can get a job."

"You want to bartend?" Kagome looked confused. " It's not really such a great job, you know."

"Well...it's good money, right?" Sango asked.

"Yeah..." Kagome nodded. " but, you deal with drunks and pervs all the time."

"I can handle that." Sango smiled. " I mean, unless you don't want to teach me then it's ok."

"No." Kagome shook her head. " I'll teach you, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off like I didn't want to." she smiled to assure her.

"Cool." Sango smiled. "And lastly, I know we don't know each other well but can I borrow something to wear for tonight? I don't have anything cool."

Kagome laughed. "Of course!"

"You're awesome!"

They both walked into her room and began getting dressed.

Kagome handed her a black halter top with metallic designs and rusted color denim hip huggers.

"It's a good thing we are the same size..." Kagome said as Sango looked at the clothes wide eyed. " I know; they are revealing..."

"Do bartenders have to wear this?" Sango asked.

"Not really." Kagome shook her head. " but...I promise you that you get tipped better when you show more. I know it is a skanky thing to say but it is the truth. My whole rule is...I'll wear revealing clothes and flirt but once they touch me, it's over."

" I can respect that. " Sango smiled as she tried them on. " I never wore clothes like this." she smiled as if she were a little girl that got a new Barbie doll. She tried on the halter top and took her hair out of the little bun she had it in.

"Hey, did you just cut your hair?" Kagome asked as she placed her leather pants on and a leather shirt that she had to tie together. It revealed her tribal tattoo on her lower back and one below the back of her neck of a dragon.

" Yeah!" Sango uttered happily. "You're the only one who noticed! Wow, nice tattoo! When did you get it?"

"Thanks." Kagome said. "I got it when I…um, moved out of my house."

"Cool."

Kagome fell into daze about Sesshomaru's comment earlier. What a jerk. She was thanking him and he was being a jerk about it. This was a major reason why she didn't like demons. They always acted like they were better than humans.

Sango went by Kagome towards the mirror and watched her apply makeup and Kagome looked at her.

"Do you want to put on makeup?"

Sango nodded in a big smile and Kagome couldn't help feel like she just got a new little sister. She started putting make up on her while they talked some more.

"Did you notice that all the guys here are hot? And like, they're all single!" Sango laughed.

"I guess." Kagome said.

"Oh please. I know you noticed it. Ooh, can you do my makeup?"

Kagome nodded then shrugged. "Well, most of the guys are demons...and I don't really find demons attractive." she said bitterly. " and the only two human guys here, I have no interest in."

"Why don't you like demons?" Sango asked as she sat down. Kagome started to do her makeup.

"Just not my thing anymore." Kagome murmured.

"Have you ever dated one?" Sango asked.

"No." Kagome shook her head.

"so...how do you know they are jerks?" she asked.

Kagome stood quiet and finished her makeup. " There, it looks great. Look for yourself." she pointed to the mirror.

"Wow..." Sango said in a giddy tone. "You made me look hot."

Kagome laughed. " You are hot. Now let's go downstairs."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Inuyasha, Miroku and Koga moved furniture around in the game room. Muso, Ginta and Hakkaku started to set up their band by the window.

"Dude, this is neat. We can make this into a lounge and charge people." Miroku said as he placed bags of potato chips on the table.

"Nah, " Inuyasha shook his head. " Let's just keep it for friends only. No charge."

"True." Miroku nodded.

Sesshomaru stood by the bar on his cellphone and Inuyasha scowled at him.

"What's up with your brother, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked while Koga brought in the beer kegs." He's kind of...scary."

"Yeah." Koga asked. " He doesn't really say much."

Inuyasha shrugged. " He's high maintenance and a bit of a loner. He has like one friend and he hates humans."

"So... why did he move in?" Koga asked.

"He wants this building. He has been back and forth with our father asking for it but my dad doesn't want to because essentially, Sesshomaru wants to give it to his mother when she comes back."

"Comes back from where?" Koga asked.

"Exile."

"Oh." Koga raised his brows and left the sensitive topic alone.

"Does he go to college?" Miroku asked.

"He finished college last year. Now, he is just like my dad. All about business. He just invests a lot and buys a lot of companies out. He makes money off of them and buys other property."

"Nice, so, he' set for life. Now he just needs to get a mate." Koga said, opening up a beer bottle.

Inuyasha shrugged. " Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I don't know what girl would put up with his shit. He's an asshole."

"We should get him drunk." Koga opened his eyes wide and cackled and Sesshomaru looked at him from the bar.

Miroku, Koga and Inuyasha gasped.

"You think he heard that?" Koga whispered.

"Most likely," Inuyasha smiled.

"Do you guys get along?" Miroku whispered.

"The only time he and I bond is when we spar." Inuyasha grabbed a beer bottle.

"Spar?" Miroku chuckled and looked at Koga who shrugged.

"Yeah, every few nights, we spar. Our father gave us these swords when we were younger and we meet at night and start fighting. I can never beat him though. He's too quick but I think one day, I'll get him. I never even so much as cut him." Inuyasha pulled his sleeve up to show his scars.

"Holy shit." Koga grabbed his arm and laughed. " What the fu- Man, and you guys are brothers?"

"More like enemies." Miroku chuckled and they all stopped when Kagome and Sango came in.

"Ouuuuch!" Koga howled. " Check you guys out! Nice inkage, Kagome. I see that little tattoo on your back, someone has a wild side."

Sesshomaru sat at the end of the bar and quickly took in what Kagome was wearing and shook his head at her. She rolled her eyes at him knowing the remarks that were in his mind. She walked behind the small bar and checked the inventory.

Kagome looked at the bar and back at Inuyasha.

"Is this all you have?" she asked.

"Yeah, why?" he walked towards the bar and drummed on it. " What ya need?"

Kagome focused on the bar as she skimmed through it.

" I need some more cordials...sour mix, uh..." she raised a bottle of vodka. " some more vodka...Wow, this bar basically has nothing." she chuckled and looked at Inuyasha.

"Yeah, the boys and I drank a lot of it a few nights ago. I'll go get some more. You look really nice." He said, checking the arch of her back as she bent over to look into the cupboards. Noticing Sesshomaru sitting at the end, Inuyasha decided to make a few comments.

"So, Kagome, do you have a boyfriend?"

"No."

"Hard to believe. I'm sure you make a lot of guys crazy."

Kagome's eyes widened at his blatant flirty comment. She played it off with a fake laugh. Sango flashed a playful grin at her.

"I think he likes you..." Sango sang lowly.

"Eh...not my type, remember?" she whispered. Sango looked at Sesshomaru.

"What about him?"

Kagome followed Sango's gaze to Sesshomaru and grimaced. "Definitely not my type."

Hiten, Ayame, Shurran, Kikyo and Kagura walked into the room with their friends. There was howling and whistling going around.

"Let's get this party started!" Shurran shouted and looked at Sesshomaru. She began to walk over to him and sat next to him while he played with his phone.

"Hmmm.." Miroku hummed noticing Koga checking Ayame out. " See something you like?" he smiled.

"That girl is beautiful." Koga shivered.

"So, go talk to her." Miroku grabbed a beer and opened it.

Koga shook his head and continued to fix the keg.

"Wait, are you shyyy?"Miroku teased.

"No. I'm not actually." Koga said in a low raspy tone.

"Then?" Miroku egged on.

"She's out of my league, man. I'm not her type." he looked at her and noticed she was staring at Hiten. " She's into those Abercrombie and Finch motherfuckers." he shrugged.

Miroku stared at her and squinted.

"you never know, man. Some people would surprise you." he said and looked at Sango. " I'm going to have that girl and we're going to have like five kids, just wait and see. "he smiled and chugged down more beer.

"Yeah, right." Koga said. " Sango seems like those tough feminist college chicks. You're gonna have to stop flirting with everyone if you want her."

"Whatever." Miroku said and put down his beer when Inuyasha came in carrying a whole bunch of bottles. He helped him bring them over to the bar.

Koga walked over to his bandmates and they started tuning their guitars when everyone came.

Naraku Onigumo, Sesshomaru's business partner walked in wearing a black Armani suit, his long brown hair held up in a half ponytail like he was a medieval warrior.

Ayumi, Eri and Yuka, three girls from Kagome's former highschool walked in and she had wondered why they were there and who had invited them when she saw Hojo greet them.

How did Hojo know them, she wondered.

They all walked over to Kagome at the bar.

"Kagome, oh my god!" Yuka and Eri squealed as Ayumi waved.

"Wow...guys, what are you doing here?" she asked, not really interested. She'd barelt talked to them after high school.

"Hojo invited us. You don't remember Hojo?"they asked and Kagome cocked a brow and looked at him.

He bowed his head shyly and blushed.

"It's ok that you don't remember me. We went to the same high school." he said.

"Oh..." Kagome said feeling awful. " I'm sorry...I don't."

"It' ok. I didn't really stick out." he said and smiled.

Kagome shot a sympathy smile and apologized. " I'm sorry. Well, it's good to see you guys again, have fun and enjoy. I have to teach Sango here about bartending."

"Sure." they waved and walked off.

"Wow, that was some tension." Sango said. " I can't believe you and Hojo went to school together and you didn't know."

"Yeah, why don't you make me feel more like a jerk."

"Sorry..." Sango said.

"No, I'm sorry. I am just in a bad mood today. " she sighed and looked at Sesshomaru who was talking to a guy with brown hair. Shurran was sitting next to them laughing but it didn't look like they acknowledged her much. At least not Sesshomaru.

Koga went up to Kagome at the bar and whistled.

"Yo, can you do me a favor?"he asked.

"Mm?" Kagome murmured as she sipped some water.

"Can you introduce us? "he said as he pointed to their makeshift stage.

"Ugh...why me?" she said.

"Come on, don't be like that." Koga pleaded. "We can't just start playing without anyone knowing our name. Plus, you're hot. You'll get everyone's attention to the stage."

"Yeah, whatever." Kagome rolled her eyes and walked out of the bar. She passed Sesshomaru in a swift movement causing him to catch her scent and look at her. He watched as she walked toward the stage. Her pants so low, you could see a tattoo and part of her laced underwear. He frowned and looked back at Naraku.

"What a beautiful body..." he said as he captivatingly stared at her. Shurran glowered as she watched the two stare at her. "Hook me up with her."

"Hook yourself up." Sesshomaru spat, sipping his bourbon.

"Hey guys," Kagome said into the microphone and it screeched causing all of the demons to whimper and snarl. " Sorry..." she chuckled. " Um, Welcome to uh...this room. We have some live entertainment for you." she pointed to the band. " Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Wolf's brain." she said.

"Wolf's bane." Koga hissed.

"I'm sorry." she laughed. " Wolf's bane." Everyone laughed and supported with embellished applause.

"Sorry," Kagome mouthed to Koga sincerely as she got off the stage as the interlude started slowly.

Kagome walked back into the bar and felt flushed with embarrassment.

"Nice. Wolf's brain?" Sango laughed.

"Shut up. I spazzed." she chuckled and then watched as the soft interlude turned hard. The bass pumping in everyone's chest. Koga started to sing and Kagome smiled. He sounded nice. His raspy voice went well with their music and she began bopping her head as people came to the bar.

"Shit.." Sango got nervous and looked at Kagome.

"Don't worry. Just watch for now." she winked and nodded at a few guys. "What can I get you?"

"Rum and coke." shouted one guy.

"Gimme a beer!"said another.

"A beer?" Kagome groaned. " You wussin' out on the hard stuff?" she teased and all the guys laughed at the one guy.

"fine, gimme somethin' hard then." he smirked.

"Alright. That's more like it," Kagome winked at Sango as she taught her how to make drinks. She leaned closer to her and whispered. " The trick is...you want to get them as drunk as possible and flirt. Then, they can't help but give you more money. But we're not charging anyone, so hopefully they'll tip since it's free."

She handed the guys the drink and they gave her 10 dollars each.

"Keep it, sweetface." said one guy.

"Thanks." she smiled and turned to Sango. " You see?" she said and placed the 20 dollars in a bucket.

"I worship you." Sango chuckled and they continued to make drinks. All of the guys tipping.

Kagome and Sango danced together to Koga's band and everyone started to dance too. Naraku wouldn't take his eyes off of Kagome and it was starting to annoy Sesshomaru.

"So she's your roommate?" he licked his lips.

"unfortunately." Sesshomaru said and looked to his side realizing Shurran sitting next to him. How long was she sitting there without him knowing?

"Hi." she said.

"...Hello." he said and looked away.

"Want to dance?" she asked.

Sesshomaru cocked a brow and shook his head slowly. " No, thank you."

"Oh, come on. " Naraku teased. " Dance with the girl." he said.

"Perhaps later." Sesshomaru said to her and she smiled holding him to it as she walked off toward Kagura and Kikyo.

Naraku flashed a devilish grin at Sesshomaru.

"That was wrong." he said. "That poor girl wants you badly. Just give her what she wants."

"Not my type." Sesshomaru said.

"Only trying to help you out. She was just sitting there, staring at you." he chuckled and Sesshomaru half grinned as he shook his head and looked toward Kagome.

"Or…is it the human you are fancying?" Naraku followed Sesshomaru's gaze.

Sesshomaru scowled. "You know better than to make that type of accusation."

"Listen…I didn't say marry the girl. But in my experience, human girls are really good in bed, so, just throwing it out there."

Sesshomaru took a few more sips of bourbon and looked away.

"Well, if you're not going to have her, you won't mind if I do?" Naraku whistled at Kagome. Sesshomaru was taken aback and watched Kagome come over.

"Hey baby, why haven't you asked me what I want to drink?"

"Ok. What do you want to drink?" she said, ignoring Sesshomaru.

"Scotch on the rocks and, why don't we throw dinner into the mix, let's say Friday night?"

Kagome poured ice in a rocks glass and poured some scotch.

"There you go." she handed him the glass and walked away without replying to his question.

"Hmm...she's a playful one. Playing hard to get." he said and Sesshomaru sighed.

"How did you do on last night's investment?" Sesshomaru tried to change the topic but Naraku wouldn't give up.

"Let me buy you a drink?" he shouted to Kagome.

"They're free." she retorted dryly and Sesshomaru couldn't contain a little smirk at her comment.

"so take this and have yourself a shot. Loosen up, baby." he said as he waved a 100 dollars at her face. I guess Naraku did well on the investment, Sesshomaru thought. Kagome looked at Sango who had her mouth agape.

"My friend would like a drink also." Kagome cast a flirty grin and Naraku nodded as he pulled out another 100 dollar bill.

Kagome poured a shot for her and a shot for Sango.

"Kagome...I never drank vodka before." Sango muttered nervously.

"It's ok. Drink it fast because it is going to taste awful and burn." she whispered in her ear.

"Thanks for the warning. I don't know if I can do this."

"Fine, I guess you don't want the 100 bucks." she said and Sango downed the shot before she could finish the sentence. She grimaced at the bitter taste and her eyes watered. " Thanks for waiting for me." Kagome chuckled as she down the shot and snatched the 200 dollars from Naraku's hands and he chuckled to Sesshomaru.

"I love this girl." Naraku said and he drank his scotch. " My friend here is going to have himself a Bourbon." he shouted. Kagome poured the bourbon and scoffed.

"This is an old man's drink." Kagome shouted and scowled at the both as she slid it down the bar to them.

Sesshomaru scowled back and grabbed the drink without looking.

"She just called you old, my friend." Naraku instigated.

Sesshomaru frowned and as he downed his walked over to Kagome and forced three hundred dollars into her palm.

"You should buy yourself some respect and dignity...human." he spat as he let go of her hand and walked back to his seat.

Kagome clenched her jaw and rolled her eyes as she looked at Sango.

"Here you go." Kagome handed her the 300 dollars. " That can go for your new wardrobe." she winked.

"Wow, really?" Sango grabbed it. " Thanks a lot."

Sesshomaru smirked as he saw her hand Sango the money. He chuckled when Kagome gave him the finger. He pursed his lips contently and started another conversation with Naraku.

Koga and his band played for another hour before joining the party themselves. Everyone loved them and wanted to join their fan list and patted his back a job well done as he jostled his way through the drunks towards Kagome.

"Nice job, Higurashi. Getting everyone drunk." Koga chuckled.

"Well, ya know. What can I say. I'm a damn good bartender." she slurred slightly.

"I'm guessing they aren't the only ones who are drunk." he teased and grabbed a beer. A few of Inuyasha's friends had Hojo in a keg stand and Koga started cracking up at them. Kagome, feeling buzzed, started to dance and feel the music, not caring who was staring at her.

Koga's eyes widened and he looked toward Inuyasha who was standing by the couch next to Miroku, Sesshomaru and Naraku, drinking. He looked at Koga and shrugged as he pointed to Kagome mouthing the words ' What's up with her?'

Koga mouth back 'She's drunk' and held the beer bottle up and Inuyasha laughed.

"I guess the bartender is drunk." Inuyasha said to Miroku and Naraku. Sesshomaru just glowered.

"Mmm, just the way I like them." Naraku grinned and Miroku grinned as well.

"You should get her to stop drinking before she does something regretful." Sesshomaru told Inuyasha and he nodded as he walked toward the bar.

"Sango, don't give Kagome any more to drink."

"I don't." Sango laughed. " She makes it herself."

"Oh..." Inuyasha smiled and then looked back as everyone watched Kagome dance in the middle of the floor. Shit, he thought. Please don't strip.

"I hope she strips!" Miroku howled and Naraku nodded as well in wishful thinking.

Sesshomaru stood up from the couch and walked over to her and grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of the room, a whole bunch of guys groaning. Inuyasha frowned as he followed them.

"Let go of me." Kagome tried to pull from his grasp. "What are you doing?"

He let go of her and pushed her softly against the wall. " You should thank me. I'm saving you from making a fool out of yourself."

"Don't do me any favors." Kagome spat. " I'm a grown woman."

"Fine. Do what you want." he raised his hands and decided to leave the house. He didn't feel like watching everyone get stupid and watch some pathetic human girl degrade herself. How stupid, he thought. She was setting herself up by making herself look easy. He even lost all respect for Naraku.

Kagome watched as Sesshomaru left and Inuyasha walked out into the hallway.

"Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Yeah..." Kagome said.

"Is there something going on with you two?" he asked.

"No. Not at all. Your brother is an asshole." she said and Inuyasha smiled.

"Just a little bit." he nodded. " I'm sure he means well though. Why did he pull you out from the room?"

"I guess to stop me from doing anything regretful."

"Ah, he is a party pooper." Inuyasha waved his hands as he stared her down. He didn't know if it was the liquor but he really wanted this girl. Something about her attracted him and then he kissed her.

Her eyes widened as she pushed him. " What are you doing?"

"Sorry." he said.

"I'm not as drunk as you think I am." she scoffed.

"No...I wasn't thinking anything like that." he said. " I guess...I'm drunk too and can't control myself. Sorry...but since it happened, I guess I can't deny that I like you."

Kagome bowed her head and looked away not knowing what to say.

"I've been wanting to ask you out for the last few weeks. I guess now's a perfect time as any, what do ya think?"

"I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I'm not...really interested." Kagome walked away leaving Inuyasha feeling rejected.

Koga walked out into the hallway and followed her out the building.

"Whoa, where are you going?" he held her arm.

"Ugh, why is everyone caring what I do?" she tugged her arm away.

"Excuse me," he scoffed. " Sorry that I care? You're plastered, wearing something like that and about to walk around late at night, you expect me to let you go?"

Kagome sighed. " I'm sorry. Thanks. I'm just going to be out here for a little fresh air. I promise I won't leave." she said letting him know she wanted to be by herself.

"Alright. If I come back out here and you're not here…I'm going to hurt you." He joked.

She laughed and nodded. "Alright."

Kagome closed her eyes as Koga went back inside. She opened them again feeling like she wanted to cry for some reason. What happened to her that she turned out like this? She was drinking and partying, degrading herself by flirting. She felt scared that soon she would not care about herself and start sleeping around. One thing she was still proud of; she hadn't slept with anyone yet so regardless of Sesshomaru's nasty comment, she did have her dignity left.

She was sure everyone thought otherwise by the way she dressed and flirted but it really was part of her job. She needed to make as much money as she could; she was on her own now. Since she moved out, her family disowned her not wanting to support her one bit. She glanced down and saw Sesshomaru by his jeep, smoking a cigarette. He had been looking at the floor in deep thought and looked up feeling eyes on him.

She sighed as she got up and started walking down the long steps. She stumbled missing a step and she grabbed the banister and he flinched seeing it and walked closer incase she fell.

He crossed his arms and stood by the end smoking his cigarette and raised his brows slightly at her.

"I don't understand you humans..."he exhaled smoke into the cold air.

"Is that so...what's there to understand" Kagome muttered holding her head. She began feeling dizzy.

"Hmm." he chuckled. " Humans go around trying really hard to impress others by disrespecting themselves in a pathetic manner that shows they are blatantly vulnerable. It isn't honorable." he took another drag as he stared deep into her eyes and grabbed a piece of leaf that fell onto her shoulder from the tree. " and it certainly isn't attractive."

"Yes, and you demons are certainly better."

"Of course we are." he grinned which angered her. " We don't go around masquerading another personality to get people to like us. "

"No. You are all just arrogant and think you are all better than us."

"A demon girl wouldn't go around flashing herself and teasing men. And when the man is lead to believe she wants him, she wonders what did she do wrong that caused him to come on to her strongly."

"So a demon girl wouldn't go flashing herself and leading a man on, hm? Then what do you call Shurran?" she said.

Sesshomaru stood silent for a moment and looked away.

"I suppose you got me there. Then again, I wouldn't exactly call Shurran a demon. She is too sucked up into the human world of trend and fashion."

He looked Kagome in the eyes again and she stared back into his not wanting him to challenge her down.

"Why do you submit yourself to such a degrading occupation?" he asked most curiously.

"It's quick money."

"So is whoring around. Why don't you do that then?" he smiled.

"because I am not a whore." she spat.

" but you like to dress like one." he stated.

"What's your deal, you get off by trying to insult people?"

"I am just trying to understand." he smirked exhaling more smoke and took one last drag before flicking his cigarette away.

"I don't have to explain anything to you." she scoffed.

"That's because you have no explanation. You don't know why you do it." he continued to leer at her.

"What are you some psychiatrist? You don't know me." Kagome rolled her eyes, gulping down the insane amount of liquor trying to come back up. She was not about to embarrass herself in front of this demon.

"I may not but let me take a crack at it." he continued to observe her by looking her up and down. " That tattoo is a sign of rebellion, placed in an area you can easily hide so I'm sure your parents don't know anything about it, or maybe you did it to spite them. Perhaps you don't get along with your mommy and daddy. You don't like to dress like that but it's for your job to wheel in the money of horny men. You lead them on and then face the consequences and then come home late at night to cry because you feel dirty. Shall I continue?" he stopped noticing her jaw tighten.

To show imperviousness, she nodded. " Go for it."

"You're trying to take up Law to redeem yourself, to seek justification for what you are doing now just so you can gain respect for the respect you've already lost."

Ouch. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"You're a typical demon who uses others for pure entertainment. You're most likely selfish like the rest, inconsiderate and arrogant. You act like you're perfect yet keep friends like that guy inside, he's such a sleaze."

"Hm." he chuckled. " Naraku isn't my friend."

"then what is he, your lover?" she smirked.

"He is a partner in business. Why are you so interested in my love life?" he grinned.

" Don't flatter yourself, I don't like demons."

"and I'm not fond of your kind either, at least we've established some common ground." he cocked a brow.

"Great. Glad to hear it."

She frowned and turned back to go upstairs. Sesshomaru watched as she went upstairs and noticed Inuyasha was peeking through the blinds. He waved and shot a teasing grin. He knew Inuyasha wasn't too happy about him talking to Kagome. His brother had a thing for her. He scoffed. The audacity for him to think he would even submit to any attraction toward her.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The next morning, Kagome awoke to a rapid knock at her door.

"What!" she growled and her door opened. Sango poke her head in and cast a friendly harmless smile.

"Sorry. It's already noon. How long do you plan to sleep in?"she walked to her bed and sat down.

"Ugh...I have a headache."

"Well, you sure drank a lot last night." Sango smiled. " Thanks for letting me bartend last night. I made like 500 dollars!" she squealed.

"Nice." Kagome grunted as she sat up and Sango grimaced at her. "What?"

"Um...you look like...uh...well" Sango hesitated and Kagome shot up from her bed towards the mirror.

"Whoa...I look like shit." she stared eyes wide at her reflection. Mascara ran down her cheek, her hair was matted into one giant knot ball. "Aghhh...oh my god. My hair." she untangled the knot and an olive came out of it. Sango laughed and covered her mouth when Kagome frowned.

"How'd an olive get in your hair?" she said through her laughter.

"I dunno." Kagome smirked as she tried to brush the knot out. To no avail, she sighed. "I have to take a shower..."

Noticing someone was already in there, she waited impatiently in her room. After twenty minutes, she stormed back to the bathroom and knocked ferociously.

"How long are you going to be in there?" she shouted and the door opened.

"Is there something you need?" Sesshomaru said, his face expressionless at first until he took in her appearance. His forehead furrowed as he stepped aside. "By all means, it's all yours. God knows you need it more than I do." he held the towel around his waist. She averted her eyes but caught a few glimpses of his toned chest, his chiseled biceps and shoulders, that tattoo marks on the sides of his abs.

"Don't you have a bathroom of your own?" she pushed past him.

"It's still being renovated." He studied her, his lips curving. "Rough night?"

"Shut up." She growled and slammed the door on him.

As she washed herself, her mind replayed moments she wished she could forget. Thinking about Sasuke, her ex, and how it all ended. Thinking about what she lost because she chose him over her family. How he played her in the very end when he left her for a demon girl. Then Sesshomaru's words plagued her and she gritted, he was right. She hated her job and was searching ways to justify herself. Listening to drunks, getting hit on by married men, it was just too sickening to look forward to. However, other jobs just didn't offer the same kind of pay and since she was completely on her own, having to pay for food, rent and eventually college, well, she was stuck with it.

When she got out the shower, she wrapped the towel around her body and got out of the bathroom. Inuyasha was standing by Sesshomaru's door talking to him. Sesshomaru still had the towel around his waist and one arm against the doorway. They both looked at her as she walked to her room.

"It's not nice to stare, guys." she scoffed.

"Nothing to see anyway." Sesshomaru added, bitterly and she rolled her eyes.

Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru in disbelief and looked back at Kagome.

"That was kind of rude, Sesshomaru." Inuyasha said.

"What can I say, I am a rude person." he sighed contently.

"I think you like her." Inuyasha stared at him suspiciously. "You never let people get under your skin."

"She gets under my skin because she's way too opinionated and a stubborn naïve girl. I pity her, actually."

"I think she's hot."

Sesshomaru flicked his gaze at him. "My apologies if superficialities don't impress me."

"Whatever that means." Inuyasha murmured. "So you sure nothing is going on between you two? Because I'm trying to ask her out."

"To think we both even remotely have the same taste," Sesshomaru spat. "You and father may fancy those weak species but don't even fathom that I share that trait!"

"No, I jus-" Inuyasha tried to say before Sesshomaru slammed the door in his face. " Yeah..." Inuyasha said. " Glad we discussed that in a civilized manner." he muttered before leaving down the steps.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Kagome sighed as she brushed her long dark hair. She dazed out on her reflection and an image of Sesshomaru in his towel popped into her mind and she immediately scoffed at it. Ugh, that jerk.

She donned a white t-shirt and hunter green cargo pants. Pulling her wet hair into a pony tail, she grabbed her gray hoodie and slipped into it. Nixing the makeup, she checked her text messages. She still hasn't heard back from the bar she worked at whether they were opening back up or not. She walked out of her room and sighed as she walked down the steps. Koga got out of his room and followed her.

"Hey, where are you going? "he asked.

"Well, Mr. Nosy. I am going out to keep my sanity at bay."

"My is someone cranky." he smiled." You're turning me on." he rubbed his nipples through his shirt and made her laugh. "You need to cheer up, girl. You're too angry."

"I know. I'm trying." she pouted. " Wanna come with me?"

"Where to?" he asked.

"Shopping?" she said.

Koga coughed. " No way. I suddenly remembered I had to do something."

Kagome sucked her teeth. " Yeah right, what?"

Koga sprinted down the steps. " Uh...when I figure out what it is I remember...I'll tell you. " he laughed. " Sorry, babe. I don't do shopping." he winked and disappeared onto the next staircase.

Kagome frowned and decided to ask Sango. When she knocked on her door, Hiten walked out of his room holding a duffel bag.

"Sango is downstairs." he said.

"Oh, thanks." Kagome said. "Where are you off to?" she attempted to be social.

"The gym." he smiled as they both walked down the steps.

Sango was at the bottom of the steps talking with Miroku and her face glowed when she saw Kagome.

"Hey, want to go shopping?" Sango asked.

"You read my mind." Kagome smirked and they both waved goodbye to the guys.

Miroku crunched on some ice he had from a leftover drink and patted Kagome on the back.

"Make sure to bring me back some bras. I'm running out." he sang in a girl's voice.

Koga nodded. " Me too. My moobs can't fit into the C's anymore," he stuck his chest out and Miroku rubbed it.

"Oh you're right. I'd say you're pushing into the Double D's."

"You guys are stupid." Sango shouted over her shoulder.

They made their way downtown and shopped at small boutiques. They stopped for coffee and cannolis and made their way back up to the Village. They passed a little shop that sold accessories and went in.

"Should I cut my hair?" Kagome asked as she pulled her pony tail in front of her face.

"No.." Sango shook her head as they looked around the store. " It's really long. Leave it alone."

"It's annoying though." Kagome rolled her eyes and saw a nice hat on the rack. "This would be cute on you!"

" It is nice." she nodded. "Aren't you going to shop for yourself too?"

"Nu-uh.." Kagome shook her head." I have too much clothes. I am a recovering clothes addict, Sango. For two months, I haven't bought clothes. Don't tempt me. My sponsor will have a fit." she joked.

Sango pursed her and nodded. " Got it. Stay strong, Kagome." she raised her fist. " Hey, let me ask you something, are you and Sesshomaru dating?"

"What? No!" Kagome blurted. " Are you nuts? I told you I didn't like him like that."

"I know. You said no demons. But you guys look, I don't know, you guys look kinda cute together. "

"What do you mean, cute together? We're not even together to call us cute."

"Errr, I mean...it just feels like some strong vibe coming out of the two of you."

"It's called hatred and it's mutual. We both established that we do not like the other kind. I mean, I don't mind being friends with a demon but to date one? No, not again."

"I wonder what's his reason..." Sango fell into a daze. "What do you mean again?"

"I don't like to talk about it." Kagome bowed her head and walked in front of her.

"Ok." Sango let it go. She grabbed a few hair accessories and necklaces and purchased it at the counter when her phone rang.

"Hello." she answered. " What? Ugh, no, don't call my mother Ok...I'll be there." she hung up the phone. " Listen, I have to go."

"What, why? Where?" Kagome asked disappointedly.

"That was my brother's school. He got into a fight again. I have to talk to the principal."

"Isn't that your mother's job?" Kagome asked.

"My mom doesn't care." Sango said in a cold tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Kagome said.

"It's alright."

"Ok, I guess I'll see you at the house later." Kagome smiled to lighten the tension.

Sango nodded and walked off to the nearest train station.

Kagome sighed not knowing what to do now. She didn't want to go home but she didn't have anyone to really hang with. She walked down West 8th street and looked at the store windows. She stopped at one and checked out the patches on display and shirts with funny sayings. There was an F.B. I shirt that stood for Female Body Inspector and she laughed thinking it was perfect for Miroku. She frowned when she saw the reflection in the store window, Sesshomaru was walking down the street with a little girl, holding shopping bags.

What the hell is he doing here? Curiosity got the best of her as she followed them. She wasn't the best spy but she did her best as she dodged behind light poles and cars. They were walking up the block and she quickly crossed the street to catch up to them.

Sesshomaru and the little girl turned down another corner and disappeared from her sight. Looking around, she checked into the stores she passed and didn't see them. Passing an alley, she gasped when someone pulled her hoodie. Before she could scream, she felt a warm hand on her mouth.

"Spying on me, are you?" said a familiar voice and Kagome turned around once she was let go and saw Sesshomaru.

"You're a bastard. " she tried to hit him but he held her hand.

"Are you trying to hit me?" he smiled and she lifted her knee to kick him in the groin but he immediately blocked it and pushed her against the wall, pinning her arms behind her head with one hand and the pressing his body against her legs to refrain getting kicked. She managed to nudge him in the groin lightly and he let out a small grunt.

" Now, now, that isn't very nice. I need that." he grinned, his mouth inches from hers. His gaze locked on her lips and he tightened his jaw, ignoring the oddest urge, to kiss her?

"Let me go!" she barked

"Are you going to be nice?" he asked.

"Come on!" she yelled. " you're hurting my wrists!"

He loosened his grip on her realizing he was holding her a little too tightly. Releasing her, he turned around to capture his breath and reasoning. Narrowing his eyes at what just happened to him.

She immediately rubbed her wrists and glowered. He brushed it off with a derisive chuckle.

"I didn't mean to be rough. I didn't know you'd be so fragile." he teased.

"Sesshomaru?" a little voice called out. " Sesshomaru!"she cried out more and Sesshomaru stared at Kagome one last time with a scowl and walked toward the voice.

"Rin, I'm here." he said as he walked out of the alley to the scared little girl.

"I thought you left me alone!" she cried and hugged him. " I was looking for you all over the store!" she said and noticed Kagome come out of the alley.

"I'm sorry, Rin. There was something I had to do." he eyed Kagome from the side.

"Hi." Rin said forgetting all about Sesshomaru's disappearance. " I'm Rin. Who are you?"

"Um… I'm Kagome.." she said not taking her eyes off of Sesshomaru who's face was stern. "but I'm going to go now, nice meeting you, Rin."

"No, wait!" Rin yelled and grabbed Kagome's hand." Come with us. Sesshomaru's taking me shopping. It would be nice to have a girl come with me. You dress really nice. I want to dress like you."

"Um.." Kagome looked at Sesshomaru who shook his head. "Not today, Rin. Maybe some other time."

"Nooooo! Please!" Rin turned to Sesshomaru. " Sesshomaru, I want her to come with us!" she whined.

"Rin, Kagome has other things to do."

Kagome was surprised at the pleasure she felt hearing her say her name. It sounded so natural and so…welcoming.

"Aww, do you really? Please? Sesshomaru doesn't like to shop, he always waits outside!" Rin frowned and crossed his arms.

"Yeah, well...that's all guys." Kagome smiled and Rin tugged her arm.

" Please!"

Kagome sighed and smirked. " Sure, why not. Why don't you go to the store and I'll meet you inside?"

"Okay!" she squealed and ran in.

Kagome turned to Sesshomaru and placed a hand on her hip. "You are such a hypocrite. Does she even know you dislike her kind? What are you doing anyway with a little human girl?"

"That is none of your concern." he gritted.

"Hmm..." Kagome exhaled. " You're not so tough."

" Kagome! you said you'd meet me inside!" Rin whined. Ignoring Rin's bratty tantrum, she followed her inside.

"I'm coming, Rin." she said.

"Don't go dressing her like you do." Sesshomaru warned.

"Oh, I'm going to teach her all about that. She'll be my little whore in training." Kagome spat sarcastically and walked away. " Dick." she muttered.

Sesshomaru smiled as he followed her.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

"That was so much fun. " Rin held Kagome's hand as Sesshomaru walked behind them. He discreetly examined Kagome's wardrobe when she wasn't looking. She looked comfortable and homely compared to her inappropriate attire for work. He was annoyed that Rin took an extreme liking to her. He listened in on their conversation, slightly curious for the answers Rin kept asking her.

"So, how old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"Do you go to college?"

"I will be soon. I'm going for law."

"Do you live with your parents?"

"Not anymore. I actually live with Sesshomaru and like ten other people."

"Oh, with Inuyasha? Cool! Kagome, you smell like vanilla." Rin clung to her arm. "And you have hair like a princess. Sesshomaru, you should smell her. She smells great."

"I will take your word for it, Rin." he folded his hands behind his back as they walked.

"Let's eat." Rin shouted. " Mmm, let's go to that restaurant you always take me to, Sesshomaru. Please!" she jumped up with joy. " Kagome, they have dumplings there that you will just die for!" she giggled.

"Um.." Kagome was about to decline and Sesshomaru passed by her.

"Just humor her and come. I cannot take anymore whining tonight. "he walked off and they both followed.

"Where is the place?" Kagome asked.

"It's uptown." Rin answered.

"so why are we walking this way?" Kagome pointed towards the downtown area.

"We're going to the car." Rin smiled widely and began singing a song from a movie.

Rin jumped up and went behind the car. " Kagome, you sit next to my brother."

Brother? "Oh, that's okay. I'll sit in the back."

"No, it will be crowded with all of the bags and I'm smaller. Please, sit in front." she suggested. Sometimes, she spoke like a grown -up.

Kagome got into the car and buckled up and Sesshomaru got into the car as well and turned it on. He got out of the parking spot and drove down the street in silence.

He could now smell Kagome's scent and had to open the windows to clear it out. He opened all four windows.

"Sesshomaru, it's cold!" Rin crossed her arms.

"Deal with it." he retorted.

Kagome glared at as she handed her hoodie and handed it to Rin.

"Thank you." Rin said as she placed it on. " Cool. Now I can smell like you." she giggled.

Kagome smiled and turned around and Rin caught a peek at the tattoo on her lower back.

"Wow! Cool. Is that real?" Rin asked as she leaned forward to see it.

"Yeah." Kagome nodded.

"Sesshomaru, can I.."

"No.."

"You don't even know what I was going to say!" she whined.

"No.." he continued.

Rin groaned and she began to play with Kagome's hair.

Kagome chuckled and realized Rin was not in her chair.

"Just sit back and put your seatbelt, Rin. Okay?"

"Okay." Rin complied with no hesitation and sat back.

Sesshomaru frowned at how easily it was for Kagome to silence her. He drove with one hand, while he rubbed his neck with the other.

Rin's silence didn't last too long and she began the 21 questions again. More like 1,000 questions.

"Kagome, what's your favorite food?"

"Umm...Japanese."she said.

"Cool, that's Sesshomaru's favorite too!" she retorted. " What is...your favorite movie?"

"I don't know. I like action movies the most though."

"Cool, so does Sesshomaru." she smiled showing all her teeth.

"No I don't." he said.

"Yes, you do!" she retorted. " Kagome, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Uh..." Kagome said. Ok, this girl was getting too personal.

"Rin, leave Kagome alone." Sesshomaru scolded her.

"I just wanna know. I have a boyfriend, you know." Rin blushed.

Sesshomaru scowled through the rearview mirror. " No, you don't."

"Yes, I do!"

Kagome smiled. She was so confused as to how the both of them were related. It also confused her that he said he hated humans yet here he was with this girl, acting like her father.

"So Kagome, do you?"

"No, Rin." Kagome answered to shut her up.

"Why not?"

I guess it didn't work, Kagome thought. " Well...Rin...um...boys are evil."

"so you like girls?"

Kagome laughed. " What?"

"Rin! "Sesshomaru spat.

"What? I'm not stupid! We shop downtown, remember? I'm nine not clueless."

Kagome laughed, Sesshomaru shook his head in disbelief. What the hell were nine year olds taught at school?

"No, Rin. I don't like girls." Kagome said.

"There's nothing wrong if you do, you know." she said.

"I know that, Rin. I just don't."

"Okay...so why don't you have a boyfriend?"

Kagome turned on the radio. " How about some music?"

"Please." Sesshomaru muttered and Kagome turned on the radio loud enough for Rin not to ask any more questions.

At the restaurant, Rin slurped her noodles and Sesshomaru tapped the table.

"What did I tell you?"

"No slurping." Rin lowered her head. "Sorry."

Kagome cocked a brow at Sesshomaru. She looked at Rin and whispered. "Hey, watch this."

She forked a whole bunch of noodles and began slurping loudly. People around them were staring.

"Stop that." Sesshomaru scolded but Kagome continued to slurp.

"Mmm, but it's so good!"she said between her slurps." Stop what? Mmm, get in my belly!" she said, making Rin giggle. Rin copied her and they both were slurping obnoxiously. Sesshomaru covered his face in embarrassment.

"Ok, let's stop. " Kagome said. " I think we are embarrassing him." she teased.

"No, you aren't. The only ones who look like fools are the both of you."

"Nu-uh, you're just jealous cause you can't slurp like we do!" Rin giggled. "Uh-oh, potty break." Rin shot towards the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" Sesshomaru asked, annoyed.

"having fun?" she retorted as she drank some soda.

"You're causing her to defy my rules." he crossed his arms and looked around the restaurant.

"Okay, she is only what, eight?" Kagome shrugged her shoulders.

"She is nine." he corrected her.

"fine, whatever. Let her have some fun."

"I'm trying to teach her how to be a lady. If I wanted her to act like a whore, I'd have no problem letting you teach her." he muttered keeping his conversation low.

Kagome set her fork down. " You're just peachy, aren't you.? You with the insults. I'm not insulting you."

"your presence alone is insulting me." he stated.

"Fine, then I'll leave." she said as she pulled money out of her purse to pay for her meal.

"Relax. I am not telling you to leave."

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to you call me such derogatory names."

"Wait, " he sighed. "Just sit down and have dinner with us for the girl's sake. The night is almost over. I…won't say anything any more."

When Rin returned, Kagome decided to go to the bathroom, partially to hide the fact that his comments got to her.

"Excuse me for a moment." She excused herself.

Rin watched as she walked toward the bathroom, she turned around to see Sesshomaru doing the same.

"So, you should ask her out." Rin said, Sesshomaru almost fell off his chair at the bold little girl.

"I am not interested."

"Yes, you are."

"Rin, I assure you, I'm not."

Rin pouted. "But she's so nice and so pretty."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

After dinner, they drove Rin home. By the time they got there, Rin was sleeping so Sesshomaru carried her to the manor as Kagome followed with the shopping bags.

The butler opened the door and Sesshomaru handed him Rin. Another housekeeper grabbed the bags out of Kagome's hands and set them on the floor.

"Your father would like to speak to you, my lord." the butler whispered.

"It is late. Tell him I will be by tomorrow morning." Sesshomaru grabbed Kagome's shoulders and lead her out the door. His hands felt strong on her shoulders and a chill went down her spine. He didn't seem to be aware of it as they both walked toward the Jeep and said nothing. Sesshomaru kept his gaze out the windshield, being cautious to not look at Kagome. She seemed to be lost in thoughts, her face saddened by something.

"You can drop me here. I'll take the train home." she said.

"Why?" he asked.

"I'm not ready to go home. Besides, I want some coffee." she grabbed her bag as he pulled over. "Thanks…"

He watched as she got out of the car and headed into a Starbucks. His face tightened as he sat frozen in front of the wheel. He should continue driving but his body sat there. Why couldn't he leave? Just step on the gas and go, he told himself but instead he got out of the car and pulled out a cigarette and walked toward the coffee shop.

Kagome shot a surprised look when she came out with her coffee to see him standing by the door, lighting his cigarette.

"What are you doing?" she asked, seeing his car parked in front.

"smoking. "he said as he lit his cigarette.

"You know what I mean." she rolled her eyes. " I mean, here?"

"Can I not be here? Isn't it a free country?" he said with no enthusiasm.

" Are you waiting for me?" she asked and he didn't respond. " Well, are you?"

"I might as well. We are going to the same place, aren't we?" he exhaled smoke, ignoring his phone buzzing in his pockets.

"Yeah, but...I'm not going home now." she blew on her hot coffee.

Sesshomaru shrugged. " Then don't. Am I forcing you to the car?"

"No, but you are here and I don't know why." she said as she continued to walk. They were on Fifth avenue by Central Park.

"I have nothing better to do." he smirked noticing she was annoyed. He couldn't help enjoy her confusion.

"so you're going to follow me?" she asked.

"I'm bored." he said as he pulled on his cigarette. "You're bored. We are just killing time. You think too much."

"Okay." she shrugged. Over an hour ago, he insulted her and hated her very presence and now he was sticking by her, just hanging, as though they were friends.

She walked ahead and noticed he walked behind her slowly. He kept one hand in his pocket as he held his cigarette with the other and looked into the store windows. He stopped in front of a Macy's store and observed the display. Christmas was coming soon and the decorations on fifth avenue were admirable. A train track circled the display, a little choo-choo train rolling around with elves on top of it.

She followed his gaze to the train and he focused on it in deep thought. His mind wandered about a lot of things. His mother, the Jade order. He was running out of time, his birthday was in a few months and by that time, he would have to decide…

"So…what is Rin to you?" Kagome broke his thought.

"My father adopted her." he said.

"so, she is your sister?" Kagome asked.

"I suppose." he said not looking at her and looked up at the skyscrapers. There was a large bulletin hovering over a building with models advertising Gap.

He smirked. " Well, look who it is." he muttered to himself and Kagome looked up to see Shurran posing for Gap.

"Wow..." she said as she looked up and Sesshomaru's gaze fell on her. The white Christmas lights almost glowed around her like a halo. A strong breeze hit them, making her hair flap around. She rubbed her eye, feeling like something went in it. Sesshomaru noticed her wrists. Where he had held her earlier began to bruise. He clenched his jaw feeling horrible but ignored it. Was it his fault the girl could easily bruise?

Kagome looked back down and took a sip of her coffee and shrugged as she walked off. Sesshomaru looked at his cigarette, which was a long cylindrical ash now and flicked it away as he followed her. When they turned the corner, she stopped abruptly making her crash his chest into her back. He looked at her, noticed the tears in her eyes as she stared across the street.

Kagome couldn't believe it. Her brother had come out of a toy store, her mother and grandfather beside him. Without thinking, she called out to them, making her way to cross the street without looking. A bus pulled over to the curb a little to fast and instinctively, Sesshomaru grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back. Kagome didn't seem to notice, she kept calling out.

"Sota! Mom!" Kagome cried out. Sesshomaru frowned when her mother shot a disappointed look at them, pulling Sota by the hand as they got into a car. Within a minute, they drove away. The little boy Sota pounding on the window yelling her name.

A tear fell down her cheek and she wiped it immediately, her face turning red and hot in humiliation. She averted Sesshomaru's questioning stare and stormed down the street. She chucked her untouched coffee into a trash bin. Not knowing what was going on, Sesshomaru tried to piece everything together. Her mother was not talking to her, that was obvious. They both quietly got into his car and drove in silence. There was a lingering sense of sympathy he felt for her, like, it pained him to see her upset. He couldn't understand why he would feel such a thing. And to his surprise, an idea came into his mind and without really thinking it through, he said:

"Close your eyes."

"What, why?" she asked, her nose sniffling.

"Just do it." he sighed.

"I'm not really in the mood to d-"

He turned to her and scowled. " Just do it."

"Fine.." she spat and closed her eyes. She heard him open the car door and she felt uneasy. "What are you going to do? Put the car and drive and have me roll down the street?"

"Be quiet." he said and shut his door. He walked over to her side and opened her door. " Keep them closed." he grabbed her hands. They were so warm in hers and she felt uncomfortable.

"I'm going to fall or trip over something." she said still keeping her eyes closed.

"No, you won't. " he pulled her into a building. " Stay right here, don't move. Keep them closed." he said and she heard him walk away.

You're so stupid, Kagome, she thought. Keeping your eyes closed, for all you know, he's leading you to the train tracks to get hit by a train. The guy doesn't like you.

Sesshomaru walked over to the front desk.

"Sir, we are closed." A burly, balding man said. He looked behind him to see Kagome standing with her eyes closed.

"No, you aren't." Sesshomaru opened his wallet.

"We're not?" the guy laughed.

"No..." he handed him a couple of hundred dollar bills. " You aren't."

The guy's eyes widened and nodded. " Right...we're not. Go ahead." he said.

Sesshomaru walked back to Kagome and pulled her towards an elevator.

"Ok, how long am I keeping them closed? I'm starting to fall asleep here." she murmured. She heard the elevator door ping and pulled from his grasp. "Where are you taking me?"

"Relax, do you not trust me?" he said agitatedly.

"Uh...no?"

"Yes, you do." he smirked.

"Is that so?" Kagome cocked her brow, her eyes still closed.

"Your eyes are still closed, aren't they?" he pulled her into the elevator.

"Seriously, why are we in an elevator?" she asked, her eyes still closed and he didn't respond.

"Oh my God, you are planning to throw me off the roof, aren't you? You dislike me that much?"

"I don't like you. It doesn't mean I want to kill you." he said. " If I wanted to kill you, I'd be a lot more creative than throwing you off the roof."

"Thanks...that is very comforting." Kagome muttered monotonically as she crossed her arms.

After a while, they got off the elevator and walked up some steps.

"I don't get it...why an elevator and then steps."

"You are more annoying than Rin." he said.

"Whatever." she scoffed and then she felt a cold breeze as he opened a door.

"Not yet." he said, carefully leading her down a narrow ledge. "Alright, now open your eyes."

Kagome slowly opened her eyes but couldn't see anything but a blur of lights. Her eyes were closed for so long, it was taking a while to focus. She felt him let go of her arms and then her eyes came into focus. She felt like she was flying over buildings and lost balance but Sesshomaru grabbed her.

"Oh my god...are you crazy?" she screamed as she turned around and gripped his arms. She buried her face into his chest, squealing.

"What is the matter?" he smirked and turned her around. " You're missing the view."

"No. I'm afraid of heights.!" she panted. He eventually figured that out with the way she held onto him with dear life.

"Relax, sit down." he sat on the ledge. Her legs were shaking and she nervously allowed him to guide her down.

"Where are we?" she asked and made the mistake of looking down. "Oh, God…this is really high."

"Highest building in New York City." He grinned and she met his eyes. "The Empire State building."

"What?" she shouted and looked around realizing that they were in fact on it. "Are we even allowed up here?" she said.

"Why not?"

"It doesn't seem safe. There are no gates or anything to prevent someone from falling off." she avoided looking down.

"That is because people visit that floor" he pointed down. "We're near the antenna. No one is really allowed up here."

"Oh god..." Kagome panted. " What if we get hit by lightning."

"Hmm, although very likely, I haven't thought about that. " he teased. He contained pleasure in finding her hysteria comical. It was sort of…cute.

"Why did you bring me here?" she asked. The wind blowing her hair and his.

He didn't respond for a moment and pulled out a cigarette and lit it. " I don't know. You said you didn't want to go home."

"Yeah, that doesn't mean I want to be hovering on the city's tallest building's antenna holding on for dear life." Kagome spat sarcastically. " Oh god. " she grabbed his shoulder.

"What is it?"

"I could have sworn we moved." she gripped tighter.

"Oh." he said. " the buildings sway back and forth because of it's height."

"You're going to make me throw up."

"Hm, people won't see that coming from down below. Might be quite a sight." Kagome giggled. She was taken aback by his sudden change in personality. He was being playful. She didn't think he had it in him.

"They say a penny can crack the sidewalk if you throw it from up here." Kagome said and looked at Sesshomaru who looked out into the city. His amber eyes reflecting the lights. " Do you come here often?"

He shook his head and pulled on his cigarette. He leaned back against the door and exhaled the smoke into the air. " It is actually my first time."

Kagome cocked a brow and realized how weird it was to be up there with someone she didn't like and who didn't like her. They both sat there in silence as they stared out into the city for about an hour when Sesshomaru saw Kagome dozing off.

"Come…"he said, snapping her out of it. " We should go. It is getting late." he said.

"Yeah…"Kagome yawned. " let's go before I fall asleep and accidently fall off." she held onto him as they entered the stairwell. She relaxed her muscles as they made it down the steps onto the elevator.

They both made it out of the building and it began to rain.

"Just in time..."she shivered at the thought of being up there when it rained. They both got into the car and closed the door.

Kagome felt grateful for his spontaneous suggestion to go to the Empire State Building. She was feeling really down when her mother ignored her calling out to them. Recapping the day, she realized she had the most fun than she had in a while. Hanging with Sango, then hanging with Sesshomaru and Rin. He looked over noticing she struggled with the seatbelt. "Something is wrong with the seatbelt. It's like stuck." she grunted trying to pull it over.

Sesshomaru turned the car on and reached over to see what was wrong with it. Kagome tried to back further into her seat feeling he was too close. She could smell his cologne. It was a soft musk scent. She watched as he tugged on the belt and turned on the light to the car trying to figure it out. He reached over holding himself on the head of her seat and sighed when he saw the problem. He opened the door and pulled the seatbelt as he slammed it again.

"Oh, did I close the door on my seatbelt?" she chuckled. "Whoops."

He raised his brows as he turned off the light and got out of the parking spot. Kagome snuck glances at him as he peered through the rearview mirror. He was very handsome. A jerk but very handsome. He wore a black snug button down that he left opened at the top with a white muscle shirt underneath and Black Jeans. A Black wool trench coat with gold accents complimented his outfit. Stopping at a light, Sesshomaru looked over at her, her face propped on her fist as she stared out the window in deep thought.

"I can't believe my mom snubbed me like that. I mean, she and my grandfather looked at me like I was some stranger. It's been a year, I figured they would be over it by now. I mean, to keep me from my little brother too?" she said and looked at Sesshomaru. "Sorry…I know you don't care. I'm just…rambling."

Sesshomaru kept quiet as he kept his eyes on the road. The rain hitting hard against the windshield.

Once they got home, everyone was sleeping. Kagome and Sesshomaru went up the stairs quietly trying not to make any noise. For crying out loud, they were all adults. She felt like she was a teen sneaking a boy to her room. Kagome walked to her door and Sesshomaru walked to his.

"Sesshomaru..." Kagome whispered and Sesshomaru stopped at his door with his back towards her.

"I know it doesn't mean anything...but...thanks. I know you dislike me but I haven't had so much fun since I left home...I know you didn't intend on it but I decided well...anyway, thanks.." she mumbled and got into her room.

Sesshomaru stared at the door for a moment and bowed his head as he opened it and went to sleep.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Review, Review, Review!