InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Sound of His Voice ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]



The rest of the week flew by for the hanyou and miko, who first enjoyed their Monday night (technically early Tuesday) chat, and then after that they ended up texting back and forth every other night, sending each other work selfies and quick messages between their work duties, etc. Much more than Kagome’s originally proposed nightly ‘made it home safe’ text. She also still called him every pre-dawn morning after she was settled into bed like she’d said she would, and then feeling his youki return shortly after 6am let her know he was home safe. Now that she knew that demonic aura was his, feeling it was actually comforting for her, and he’d told her he felt the same way, liking the feel of her aura as well.

When Sunday rolled back around again Kagome was giddy with anticipation at the thought of actually having Inuyasha over, in her apartment, which she was fully moved into by that point, her old apartment officially a thing of the past. She was dressed in one of the short black circle skirts she wore to work, but then instead of her black uniform tank top, she was wearing a white short-sleeved blouse. She’d realized she would have to be careful what she wore when hosting company, because some of her clothes would clash with her new living space! She’d just laughed at the thought, and been grateful she already owned so much black and white. She’d save her more colorful looks for when she went to his apartment, which Inuyasha had told her was also not updated, because he’d never seen the need, but was also much more subdued and primarily just wood tone with parquet floors throughout.

He arrived early that evening, and she wasn’t going to say anything about the red hoodie he was bundled up in, but then he immediately pulled it up and off at the same time that he slipped off his flip-flops in her entryway. She understood then. It was to cover himself up just during his short trek down to her apartment, but he wouldn’t hide what he was from her eyes. Underneath, he was wearing a snug black muscle shirt and an equally snug pair of dark blue jeans that had her mind wandering.

He’d arrived empty-handed, per her insistence, because she was looking forward to cooking for him. First, though, she gave him the tour, and laughing, he agreed with her earlier assessment over the phone that her verbal description of the place didn’t really do it justice.

He also agreed that that wallpaper had to go!

It was on her to-do list, she assured him with a laugh at her own. She’d momentarily thought that maybe she could get used to it, but no.

‘Dinner’ – really a late breakfast for her, but that didn’t matter – went off without a hitch, and hanyou and miko even exchanged a few kisses afterwards before Inuyasha said, seemingly reluctantly, that he’d better go...even though he didn’t have to be at work for hours yet. Kagome didn’t push it, though, and let him leave without complaint, and then later that night, shortly after his show started, she called in as per usual except this time she was extra flirty, and she finally, actually requested #1 Crush. He expertly went along with her routine, and then did her one better on her song request by playing the Romeo & Juliet version, with all the added sexual moans.

Instead of just wondering if the additional ‘hidden’ meaning was intentional or not, now that they were together and keeping no secrets, once they were off his work line and both chatting on their cells instead she just asked him. His original thought had actually just been to play the porn mix to amp up the sexiness of the moment, he told her, but the fact that it was from Romeo & Juliet was not lost on him. However, he reminded her then of her reassurances that her family (probably) wouldn’t object to their relationship, and even if they did, he had no family to object.

He didn’t even know if the rest of his youkai family even knew he existed, or if he was daddy’s dirty little secret, but assuming they did know, they obviously didn’t give a shit about him. So even though they were the quintessential forbidden relationship – a hanyou and a miko?! – they were destined for a much happier ending.

Before hanging up for the ‘night’ – really early morning – and saying their goodbyes, hanyou and miko finalized their plans for that upcoming evening. Kagome would go up to his apartment this time, and they’d watch a movie. One of the few things he’d splurged money on at one point was a decent entertainment center, since even before his new job he’d never left his apartment for leisure except for on his human nights, and so he’d needed something to occupy his time with the rest of the month, and of course nowadays he didn’t even party on the new moon, either. He also didn’t need nearly as much sleep as a human, so most of the time when he first got home in the morning he’d turn on the TV rather than go to bed. An hour-long nap or so was usually all he needed, and then he’d occasionally get in a full eight hours that would recharged him for a few days again. Kagome jokingly lamented that she was envious of him in that regard.

Kagome wore a tight fuchsia tank top and light blue jeans that time, while he was in the same dark jeans as the night before and a looser dark gray t-shirt. He let her pick the movie, and was delighted when she chose an action-adventure rather than something sappy. Gushy romance wasn’t really her style, she told him afterwards, unless it was real life, of course. That said, she leaned in for a kiss that he eagerly returned. Things got a little hot and heavy, until Kagome reached down and started rubbing his obvious erection through his jeans. He spooked, and pulling out of the kiss, he was nothing but apologetic. Kagome couldn’t decide if he was apologizing for stopping, or for having gotten aroused in the first place, as if he was ashamed of his body’s reaction to her. She tried to reassure him then, she wanted him, she wanted this, but she did understand if he was nervous because he’d never had sex as a hanyou before. She didn’t hold it against him or make fun of him in any way.

It wasn’t only that he was inexperienced as a hanyou and didn’t know what to expect, he confessed then, but bravely, he admitted that his solo experiences in hanyou form actually did give him some idea, and he was afraid of both scaring her and physically injuring her if he accidentally got too wild. He was much gentler as a human; as a hanyou, he didn’t know if he’d be able to hold himself back.

Kagome told him she understood, but she also told him that she didn’t want him to hold himself back.

“I love you, and you’re an inu-hanyou. I don’t love you despite the fact that you’re half youkai, though I also don’t love you because you’re half youkai. If you had been human, which I’d assumed you were, I would still love you just as strongly of course, but it simply doesn’t matter to me because I love you either way. I understand your need to only go out in public on your human nights, and I will indeed love you just as strongly on those nights and I look forward to having those experiences with you, but if you were willing to go out as a hanyou I would happily go do whatever with you at any time. Fuck whatever the rest of the world thinks. Besides, since I’m a miko, some people would probably think the two freaks should be together. We’re both mutants, in a way. Anyone gives us nasty looks, I’d just hold up a glowing ball of reiki and be like ‘You got a problem?!’”

He laughed at that.

“So I’m not going to force you down and have my way with you…unless you ask nicely.”

He immediately laughed again.

“But whenever you’re ready, I’m ready,” she concluded.

He knew that. Hell, he could smell how ready she was, even through her jeans. A part of him was ready to just say fuck it, and fuck her, but it was the fact that it’d be a hard fuck that had him still hesitate in the end. He wanted to make love to her. He wanted to be able to make love to her.

“I...” he started, though he was unsure of what to say. “Soon,” he settled on. “Promise.”

“No problem,” she replied, and she meant it.

Excusing herself, then, Kagome went back downstairs to her own apartment mildly disappointed, but also understanding…and very horny. She also imagined he could use the ‘alone’ time, himself, to ‘take care of’ the problem before work. If they got back together again next weekend – it was shifted by a day, but she considered Sun/Mon to be her weekend – she wouldn’t try to push for anything sexual. While he hadn’t specifically come out and said so, he more or less implied he wanted to wait for his human night for their first time together, after their dinner date she presumed, and she didn’t have a problem with that.

Later that night she called in to his show, of course, and like the good actors they both were, they put on a good performance for the listeners. Once they were speaking privately, he apologized again for earlier that evening, but she brushed it off, saying he had nothing to apologize for. Quickly changing the subject, then, Kagome asked him to tell her more about himself, just in general, in regard to being a hanyou. Her studies had only covered the basics, and from a human scientist’s point of view, not first-hand accounts from actual hanyou themselves. She wanted to know everything; she wanted to understand.

He’d already told her about his various demonic abilities, of course, revealing he’d studied and learned about himself the best he could from the same human books she’d read, and then he’d discovered on his own what he could or couldn’t do from trial and error, practicing out in the forest. He’d never been in a real fight – fortunately, no wild youkai had shown up to cause problems while he’d been practicing his techniques – but he at least knew how to defend himself should the need ever arise. In that moment he elaborated, and told Kagome about his senses. He assumed he had an average human’s sense of smell and hearing on his human nights, so from that he could more or less accurately describe how much more powerful his sense of smell and hearing were in hanyou form. He also had better eyesight as a hanyou, but primarily night vision. During the day, he saw things in crystal clarity, but even he couldn’t see into the parts of the color spectrum humans couldn’t see. He had no idea whether or not pure youkai could, and it was a symptom of being a hanyou, but he was at least able to verify for her that he didn’t have even more limited color vision because of being half canine. Mortal dogs and inu-youkai were much too far removed from each other. Likewise, he could also have chocolate, grapes, and other things that were known to be harmful to dogs.

Besides all that, he also – albeit reluctantly – told her about his instincts. Anyone could become full of conflicting feelings and desires, of course, that ‘should I or shouldn’t I?’ dilemma where what you wanted to do and what you should do were not necessarily the same thing, but with him, it was on a whole other level. He could control his base instincts, most of the time, but sometimes he scared himself. He wasn’t talking about silly shit like happily sticking his head out of the car window as a boy, tongue sticking out and everything – Kagome giggled at that mental picture, which had been his intention – but rather, when he was threatened, he felt like a cornered animal, an almost overwhelming need to claw his way out of the situation. Literally, if need be.

He didn’t like fighting, wasn’t a bully, but as a young child he hadn’t known his own strength and had unintentionally caused some pretty severe injuries to his bullies, in self-defense. Thank the kami the boys’ parents hadn’t wanted to press charges, and it had taken a Buddha’s level of mental discipline, but from that day forward he’d refused to fight back all through his school years.

Of course, those bullies had never been a problem again, but that had just been in elementary school. Junior high and high school had each come with new sets of bullies, and teachers who were aware of his record and reminded him how he was older now and therefore knew better and so such violence would NOT be tolerated. He was not allowed to fight back, because of how one-sided the fight would actually be. He had to be the bigger man. So, whenever anyone tried to gang up on him, he would simply run away, and usually not stick around long enough to let their words turn into physical blows in the first place, although even when they did get the drop on him and started beating him with fists or weapons he would still not fight back. No amount of humans could truly hold him. A few times he’d had to literally shake them off before leaping up onto the nearest roof, but he’d never used his claws on his classmates again.

It had been so hard to resist, he explained to her then, not from a place of anger, but from fear. He had no desire to hurt anyone, didn’t have anger issues, and had never needed to take out his ‘frustrations’ on inanimate objects to make up for not pummeling his bullies. It was just that his ‘fight or flight’ instinct was set on fight because of the specific type of youkai that he was, and so he’d had to lean heavily on his human half to override that natural reaction to threats with calming thoughts. They couldn’t really hurt him, not that badly – and even if they did, he would heal so much faster – and so therefore, they were truly no match for him. He could kill them all in the blink of an eye if he had the thought to do so, and so for that reason they were not a threat; he had nothing to fear from them...he would tell himself over and over throughout his school years like a mantra.

Kagome told him how sorry she was that he’d had to endure all that, but she also didn’t hesitate to point out that if, even as a child, he could learn to go against his base animal instincts like that, could learn to not fight back when cornered, then surely he was also capable of controlling himself in less unpleasant situations. She wasn’t trying to argue against his concerns, just offer him a vote of confidence. She trusted him.

“Besides, didn’t I already tell you I don’t want you to hold back?” she pointed out then. “I mean, obviously, if you have to control yourself to a point because you’ll literally skewer me with your claws or break my bones otherwise, that I understand, but I also trust that you’d stop in a second if I said you were hurting me. I don’t need slow and tender if that’s not your style. I won’t break, or at least not without actual literal bone-breaking force. Yes, I’m human and more fragile than you, but I also want you to be yourself. There’s gotta be a happy medium in there somewhere. We’ll figure it out, together, because, well, I don’t know about you, but I’m in it for the long haul, if you’ll have me.”

“Damn it, Kagome,” he chuckled. “I gotta play sexy ghost host, and you’re making me choke up over here,” he said with an obvious clearing of his throat. “Let me let you go, so I can get my head back in the game, but please know that I do want you for the long haul, too, and you’ve given me a lot to think about.”

“Okay, no problem,” Kagome said understandingly, and then for the first time, signed off from their phone call with, “Love you.”

He nearly choked up again just over how normal and right that seemed, and then he managed to get “Love you, too,” past his lips before hanging up.

Reflecting back on their conversation during the rest of his Tuesday morning shift, he was truly touched by her faith in him. Maybe he really was worried about nothing. He was just so used to having to suppress every aspect of himself at all times that obviously, in his mind, that would have to include moments of intimacy, right? To have a girlfriend at all was a mind-boggling turn of events, but to have a girlfriend who actually accepted him as he was? Someone who didn’t love him despite the fact that he was a hanyou, but rather, someone who just plain loved him, and therefore accepted the fact that he was a hanyou, and all that that entailed? It was unfathomable, and yet here she was.

He had a LOT to think about.

``````````````````

It was later that same Tuesday, a little past 9pm, when Kagome was tending to the one customer on ‘her side’ of the bar while her mid, a bubbly new hire named Rin, handled the two on her side. Rin had come in with over a year of bartending experience already so she knew what she was doing, and Kagome didn’t mind Rin ‘poaching’ customers since they pooled all their tips, anyway. And besides that, Kagome also made a lot more than Rin, and so she’d actually pulled the twenty-two-year-old aside and told her to keep any good cash tips she received for herself. Kagome was just processing her latest customer’s credit card payment when she started to feel that telltale tingling in the back of her mind that was approaching youki, and unable to contain her surprise, she gasped.

“What is it?” Rin asked right away, concerned for her coworker. The younger bartender didn’t have the gift of reiki – although she knew Kagome did – and so she didn’t know what had happened.

“I think...I think I feel Inuyasha approaching, unless there’s more than one hanyou in the city,” she said, still in shock.

Rin’s eyes lit up at the revelation.

“Oooh goodie! I’ve been wanting to meet him!”

“Did I just hear you say that that’s Inuyasha I feel?” Miroku asked as he popped his head out of the office, before fully exiting in anticipation.

“Yup!” Rin answered for Kagome, and then Sango came out of the office – which was located behind the middle of the bar, beside the kitchen area – to retrieve her husband.

“Let’s not overwhelm him on his first visit,” Sango said to Miroku, flashing Kagome an encouraging smile before the pair disappeared back behind the closed office door, much to Miroku’s joking disappointment.

Sango was the only one at work whom Kagome had ever originally confided in regarding her true feelings for Ash. Everyone else just knew she liked listening to his radio show, since she’d stream it from her phone as soon as they closed. After swearing the older woman to secrecy, and with Inuyasha’s permission, she’d since filled Sango in on all the other details, but nobody else knew, including her husband. Sango understood the importance of keeping that secret, and she was ecstatic for the young miko, that she and her love had finally met, and she agreed that the kami had definitely had a hand in it. Sango had zero issue with him being a hanyou, of course, and in anticipation of having an open relationship with Inuyasha, with only his alter ego and how they’d really met remaining a secret from everyone else, Kagome had also since happily gushed, openly and honestly, about her new boyfriend to all of her other coworkers, telling them about the gorgeous man she’d met who lived in her new apartment building, and who just happened to be an inu-hanyou. She had hoped that, one day, he would feel brave enough to come visit her at work, and so she’d openly talked about her new hanyou boyfriend to make damn sure no one had a problem with it – nobody did, of course – but she had never expected him to come visit her so soon!

I guess I really did give him a lot to think about last night, she thought, as his youki got stronger and stronger and she recognized it specifically as his. It was definitely not a different hanyou.

Looking up at the door, he arrived right on cue, and he wasn’t even wearing his hoodie, she noted in surprise, his demonic traits on full display as he was only wearing baggy bleached jeans and a tight red t-shirt that showed off his naturally trim physique. Their eyes locked, and Kagome sat her customer’s receipt down in front of him to sign before stepping out from behind the bar.

“Rin I’ll be right back,” she said, and the younger part-time bartender called back with an enthusiastic, “No problem! Take your time!”

“Inuyasha!” Kagome greeted loudly and happily when she noticed some of the other patrons already looking his way.

She wasn’t about to give the wrong impression, slithering up to him while speaking in hushed tones that might mistakenly have their audience believe she was saying something like, “What are you doing here?!”

And they did have an audience, but that wasn’t the only reason she hugged him in that moment. It wasn’t just for show and to make a point to everyone watching, but also because she was genuinely happy to see him, and he could tell as much from her scent. She was openly showing him her very real pleasure at seeing him so that he wouldn’t possibly regret his decision to show up unannounced like that.

“I just realized,” he began shyly, very aware of all the eyes upon them, including the other bartender who was grinning and then winked at him when their eyes met.

Clearing his throat, and meeting Kagome’s eyes again, he continued.

“I realized that it’s not fair...to you, to want to hide our relationship from the rest of the world, and so if you’re willing to be seen together in public, then...so am I.”

“Awww...” Rin cooed, since all other conversation had grown quiet enough that she’d been able to hear him, especially since she’d actually been straining to hear him.

Inuyasha glared playfully at the younger bartender, even going so far as to stick his tongue out at her, which had both Kagome and Rin laughing, and then when Inuyasha asked his new girlfriend if there was somewhere more private where they could talk for a minute, she grabbed his hand – completely unfazed by his claws – and led him back towards the bathroom to the left of the bar.

“Rin I’m going on another break,” she said. “I’ll make it up to you.”

“Pffft,” Rin replied while waving it off. “No worries, girl.” Then she grinned and winked again before turning around and mumbling “Have fun,” under her breath accidentally loud enough for Inuyasha to hear, and Kagome glanced at him curiously when he choked.

Taking him into what was formerly the women’s restroom – although when Mushin had first bought the place he’d changed the door signs on each single stall bathroom to those fun trans inclusive ones that were half centaur, half mermaid, and below that said Whatever, just wash your hands – Kagome locked the door behind them, grateful to know that all the patrons could still use the other restroom on the right side of the bar if need be.

“Sorry, but this is the only private place to talk since Miroku and Sango are in the office,” Kagome explained.

“No problem,” he said, turning to meet Kagome’s eyes again with a surprisingly serious look in his own. “Kagome...” he began, but hesitated while trying to find the right words just long enough for her to grow concerned at his pause and ask him, “What is it?”

She gulped.

Despite him just announcing he was actually willing to be seen in public with her, and announcing it in the most grandiose way possible by actually telling her this in public, she still couldn’t help but feel a bit nervous when she saw the seriousness in his eyes.

“You’re not regretting anything, I hope?” she asked him then.

Relaxing a little bit, wanting to reassure her that nothing was wrong, Inuyasha flashed her a crooked smile.

“The only thing I regret is turning you down last night,” he confessed with a chuckle, his voice taking on just a hint of Ash’s baritone.

That deeper timber to his voice, coupled with the now playfully seductive look he was giving her, sent shivers racing down her spine. He noticed her reaction to him immediately, of course, and only chuckled again – which did her in even further – but he was actually laughing at himself and his previous foolishness, not her.

“I can’t believe I was still worried you would reject me, to the ass-backwards self-fulfilling prophecy point of stupidly rejecting you, and then like the lucky bastard I am, you actually fucking understood and forgave me,” he said, shaking his head at himself. “Now, I’m going to make sure you don’t have any regrets, because I’m ready to face that last, lingering fear, with you, together.”

As his words processed, it was Kagome’s turn to adopt a sultry edge to her voice, as she grinned up at him seductively.

“You mean, you’re ready to be...intimate?” she cooed, leaning into him and placing her left hand flat in the middle of his strong chest while reaching up to bravely – and gently – tweak his left ear with her right hand, while also leaning up on her toes for a kiss that he tilted his head downward to meet halfway.

“I am,” he rumbled against her lips, although his soft moan as she kissed him more thoroughly quickly turned into a quiet yelp of surprise when Kagome’s right hand dropped down from his ear and cupped his bulge through his jeans.

“I...I didn’t mean now,” he said in an almost panicked whisper as he pulled out of the kiss, eyes darting to the locked door as if someone could still barge in on them at any moment.

Cocking his ears that way told him the majority of the bar wasn’t even paying them any attention anymore. Someone had put some money in the jukebox because it was blasting away with some ‘80s rock, and someone asking Rin where Kagome was told him that at least one of the current patrons had come in after they’d ducked out, and Rin, the loyal sweetheart, just told them that Kagome was on break, with no hint of innuendo in her tone.

“Why not now?” Kagome asked playfully, still rubbing his now growing erection through his jeans because even though he’d stood up and out of the kiss in his shock he’d neither backed away from her hand nor swatted it away.

Closing his eyes, he moaned again, much deeper that time, as her talented fingers made him swell in his pants and he found that he didn’t want to swat her hand away or ask her to stop.

“I...I didn’t come here with the intention of-”

“I know,” she interrupted, appreciating that he wanted to reassure her of his innocent intentions.

She was the one whose intentions were not innocent.

By that point, he had a raging hard-on that was straining painfully inside his snug boxer briefs, and he’d stumbled backwards against the side wall for added support when his legs started shaking.

Kagome undid the button on his fly, and then asked ever so coyly, “Do you want me to stop?”

He made a noise that was a bizarre combination of a moan and a predatory growl, and had she not known the source of the sound it would have actually been frightening to just hear it, in and of itself. It still startled her, although to know he was that far gone also aroused her further, which she didn’t doubt he could smell. Her underwear was noticeably wet by that point, and she was just in one of the mini-skirts she wore to work, not a pair of jeans like she’d worn at his apartment the night before.

“I’m going to keep going, then,” she said as she reached for his zipper, assuming the sound had not been a command to stop.

He met and held her gaze, and unable to find words, or perhaps just not trusting himself to speak, he nodded curtly. Kagome nodded back and continued to look into his eyes as she slowly lowered the pull on his zipper and then snaked her hand down inside his black boxer briefs and wrapped her fingers around his shaft.

He sucked in a sharp hiss through his teeth, and then slammed his lips back down over her own, kissing her so fiercely as she slowly began jacking him that he accidentally scratched her lower lip on a fang and didn’t even notice until the faintest taste of blood had him popping his eyes back open again in alarm as he pulled his head back, aghast at himself. Kagome realized what’d happened right away, but to her credit, she only grinned and then kissed him again, chastely, when it looked like he was about to apologize. Then she winked and lowered herself to her knees.

“Y-you don’t have t-Gah!” he tried to say, just before her steaming hot mouth enveloped his throbbing cock, and then he forgot all language, knowing only sensation.

Kagome couldn’t believe what was happening, but in a ‘died and went to heaven’ sort of way. Not that she particularly loved giving head – and the tile floor would probably leave a visible pattern on her bare knees, so that was going to be fun when she got back to work – but this was Inuyasha, Ash, her love, her fantasy crush of the last three years, and he was making the most sinfully wicked sounds as she bobbed her head like a pro, slurping and sucking and rolling her tongue around his mushroom tip while jacking his shaft then trying, but failing, to deep-throat him before getting back to rhythmically jerking the excess length she wouldn’t be able to swallow without practice.

It was a practice she was looking forward to.

And she was really looking forward to him returning the favor.

But in that moment she tried to focus on the here and now, and all the erotic sounds of desperation her hanyou was making with that sexy voice of his.

He could barely remember to breathe, and glancing down at one point to see Kagome going to town on him had him slamming his eyes back closed again before he spilled his load right then and there. Leaning his head back against the painted wall, the calming blue and white tones of the bathroom did nothing to soothe his raging beast. It wasn’t that he couldn’t stand being dominated...well okay yeah that was probably part of it if he were being honest...but mostly, she’d just gotten him so fucking horny that he wanted to fuck her, damn it! He was seeing red, literally, and not because he was angry. Tingles that started in his groin turned into bolts of static electricity that raced throughout his entire body, electrifying his very being, and it took everything he had to not grab her head and thrust his hips. His growing claws found purchase in the wall behind him, instead, making ten small holes where they easily broke through the textured coating and drywall beneath.

Kagome noticed, along with the unmistakable spike in his youki, and glancing up at him, she was surprised to see his demonic markings were actually showing, faded purple slashes becoming visible on his cheeks. Not having expected him to become that far gone, but finding it the sexiest sight she’d ever seen, she moaned in appreciation around the cock in her mouth, and then crimson red and turquoise eyes snapped down to meet her startled blue-gray ones, the purple stripes getting much darker. If her mouth hadn’t been full at the moment, she would have gasped.

The next thing Kagome knew, she was yanked roughly to her feet, spun around, shoved over, her skirt thrown up, her boy shorts yanked down to around mid-thigh, and then he was buried to the hilt inside her. No word, no warning, and no complaints as he gripped her hips almost to the point of pain but not quite and pounded away faster than a human man would be capable of moving. Kagome could do nothing but brace herself against the wall she would have to pay to have repaired – Oops... – her slick arousal in that moment plus previous experience with a couple of objects that lived in one of her nightstand drawers meaning his fast action hadn’t hurt her in the slightest. In fact, as he snapped his hips against her so fast – but thankfully not that loudly, must be a youkai thing – she started to worry that she was the one who wouldn’t be able to keep quiet for much longer. His near subsonic growls were vibrating through her core, and the angle of penetration had him hitting something she’d never even hit with a toy before. It was all she could do to remember where she was and not just shout out her pleasure with reckless abandon. She knew Miroku and Sango had had more than a few quickies at work over the span of their relationship, but she only knew that because Sango had told her, because even Miroku knew you couldn’t be too obvious about certain things while at work, and so Kagome had actually never caught on to when those time were. She didn’t think she would get in trouble for this stunt – and belatedly realized her boss could probably also sense the increase in Inuyasha’s aura, which was bound to give it away – but she’d still rather not scandalize the entire bar by screaming his name loud enough to break glass.

And so it was with her teeth clamped down on the fingers of her left hand, while she braced her right forearm against the wall to avoid repeatedly hitting her head, that she attempted to muffle her gasps and moans while he jackhammered into her like there was no tomorrow. Hot damn, he wasn’t making it easy! And then out of nowhere, it hit her. An orgasm by penetration, which she’d never experienced before but was excruciatingly unmistakable as her entire body seized like she had been electrocuted with pure pleasure. A muffled scream sounded in the back of her throat as she bit down even harder on the fist in her mouth.

She didn’t know if it was simply knowing that she had climaxed, or the added stimulation of her inner muscles tightening around him, but Inuyasha reached his own peak mere seconds after her, and if there was such a thing as whispering a roar then that was the sound he made as he came, which told her he had at least retained enough awareness to know to be quiet, as well. Which explained the lack of loud skin on skin slapping. He’d probably done it on purpose because he was that good, able to control his thrusts with such precision. He also hadn’t punctured her skin or even her skirt on his elongated claws as he’d gripped her, she discovered with relief when he slipped out of and away from her and she was able to stand and right her clothing.

Well, she was able to right her clothing.

I don’t think I’ll be able to stand properly for a couple of days, she thought with a mental chuckle as she struggled to do just that, her legs shaky and threatening to give out on her.

“Holy fucking shit balls,” she rasped quietly, finally turning to look at him.

Inuyasha had reverted to normal, and he’d tucked himself back inside his underwear and fastened his jeans. Now he was standing there awkwardly, with the most adorable expression on his face, like a part of him wanted to gloat while another part wanted to beg forgiveness.

“Okay, well...” She cleared her throat. “I don’t think you had anything to be afraid of,” she settled on, knowing his fears had revolved around accidentally hurting her.

She wasn’t sure what his reaction to her teasing was going to be, but then he laughed, and she smiled and sighed in relief a little bit before closing the gap between them with her arms out for a hug he eagerly returned.

“Kami, I fucking love you so much,” he murmured against her head as he buried his nose in her hair and unabashedly inhaled her scent.

“Ditto,” she said with a laugh of her own, before leaning up on her toes to kiss him again, just chastely. He lowered his head to accommodate.

“I do still only want to take you out to fancy restaurants on my human nights,” he told her then, “because I’d rather those meals were special occasions, not spoiled by all the bullshit I’d be able to overhear otherwise. But I’m willing to brave doing other things with you the rest of the time. We can go out to eat at more normal restaurants, or go to the mall, the movies, or even a nightclub, except I’d have to ditch out early because of my job. We’ll figure it out. We’ll make it work.”

“Yes, we will,” she answered.

Reluctantly acknowledging that they couldn’t just stay holed up in the bathroom for the rest of the night, since they both had jobs to do, they each took a moment to examine their appearance in the mirror above the pedestal sink. Kagome undid her slightly messed up ponytail and ran her fingers through her hair before tying her hair back up again, so she wouldn’t have quite as much of a ‘freshly fucked’ look about her, as she put it. She was also relieved to discover the small hexagonal floor tiles hadn’t marked up her knees as badly as she’d expected them to, probably because she’d wound up not being down there for as long as she’d thought she’d be.

Inuyasha blushed crimson at her offhanded comments, and found himself wondering what he’d ever been worried about in the first place. Here he had gone and turned full youkai on her, rutting her with reckless abandon like a wild beast, in the fucking bathroom of a gods damned bar which also happened to be where she fucking worked, and she’d very clearly enjoyed every minute of it. So much for their first time being slow and sweet and tender, but that didn’t matter. He’d still get to have his slow and tender human night with her, because he understood now that she loved every part of him and so she would love his human side too and would happily indulge him. But the fact that, like she’d said, she actually didn’t need slow and tender, and clearly liked it rough, was most definitely a good thing, he decided then.

Finally deciding to face the music, both literally and figuratively since the jukebox was blaring, he glanced at Kagome, who told him to go first because she needed to actually use the facilities. Nodding his understanding, Inuyasha unlocked and opened the door but quickly shut it behind himself as he exited, and he heard the click as she locked it again. They hadn’t discussed if he should stick around or not, but in that moment he decided not to leave just yet, despite the almost painful volume of the music – had Rin actually turned the volume up? – and instead, he glanced around the bar nervously. Some people smirked at him, a couple of people shot him nasty looks, but most of the people either just glanced his way absentmindedly and immediately went back to what they were doing, or they didn’t even glance his way at all. Trying to act as casual as he could, then, he had a seat at the bar and ordered a drink from Rin, and then a couple of minutes later, when Kagome finally made her own casual appearance from the bathroom, he was relieved by the pleased smile she shot his way. He had made the right decision in staying, it would seem.

Kagome had told him she wasn’t ashamed to be seen with him, didn’t want him to be her dirty little secret, and when she’d asked his permission to tell Sango the truth only because Sango had already known of her secret feelings for Ash Kagome had also informed him of how she’d told everyone else their cover story version of just meeting for the first time in the laundry room, as if they didn’t already know each other. She’d had no shame in letting each and every person she worked with know that she was dating an inu-hanyou.

“I go for lunch at ten,” Kagome said casually when she had a moment to stop and speak to him.

Glancing at his phone, it wasn’t quite 10pm yet, and he nodded his understanding before finishing his drink and ordering a second one from Kagome this time. Just a beer. With his hanyou metabolism, he’d be fine for work.

In between and around Inuyasha getting to visit with Kagome while she worked, he was also ‘playfully’ interrogated by Rin, as she asked him things like where he was from – right there in the city – and what he did for a living – janitor (since that used to be true and was the easiest cover story) – and he couldn’t stop a mild blush from rising up his cheeks when Rin told Kagome quite bluntly that she approved. He also got to meet Miroku and Sango when they braved poking their heads back out of the office again after he was no longer giving off ‘spooked animal’ vibes and had relaxed somewhat. Miroku teased him about the bathroom, but in a tactful way (for Miroku) that nobody else who hadn’t seen him and Kagome disappear in there together would catch, when the ‘holy’ man – and Inuyasha used that word loosely – said he was glad that he was able to come and spend some time with his girlfriend. Inuyasha’s blush darkened, but he could tell from both scent and aura that Kagome’s boss actually wasn’t angry in the slightest, and was honestly just playfully teasing him, and for that he was grateful.

Finally, the others all left him alone so he could hang out with Kagome in peace. She ended up not punching out for her lunch break until 10:15, and then he happily left with her in her car as she ran through a nearby fast-food restaurant. He insisted on paying, since he decided to get himself something to eat, too. He had used up a lot of energy, he’d managed to tease, delighted in her happy giggles. She drove straight back to the bar after getting their food, and then they just sat in her car to eat and continue to visit. When it was time for her to punch back in at a quarter after eleven, he surprised but also delighted her by going back inside with her again, saying he had no need to go back home first before going to work. He would be sure to keep an eye on the time so as not to be late.

He didn’t bother her when she had any other customers to attend to, but just watching her work put a smile on his face. She was good at her craft. She wasn’t flipping and juggling bottles or anything like that, but she was still a pro; he could see it in her confidence with the way she poured. People would also shout out random-ass drink names that he knew weren’t unique to their bar because he had heard the names before, but he still had no idea what the hell was in them, and yet Kagome did, because she’d always just whip it right up without having to check an ingredient list anywhere first. He supposed he could understand how she could eventually memorize all that, though, since he knew things like which albums by which bands contained which songs, so that when somebody just said a popular song title even without the band name he still knew exactly which one they were talking about.

And speaking of, it was getting to be around that time, as he glanced at his phone again and saw that it was nearly a quarter to midnight. He went ahead and told Kagome and the others his goodbyes, then. Her coworkers knew he worked nights, they just thought it was a nighttime janitorial gig somewhere. Only a slight fib, since when he had been a janitor it had been during the day, which had been great at the time because it had enabled him to party on his human nights. No matter how hungover he might get, it instantly went away at sunrise. But it had been nothing to adapt to the new schedule, and now, he was looking forward to the day they would snuggle in bed together every morning at 6am. That could certainly wait, though. Just because he was looking forward to it didn’t mean he was suddenly in a hurry; he still didn’t want to rush things. They’d had their fun and gotten the sexual tension out of their systems, but he still wanted to take things relatively slowly overall, take her out on actual dates, and then there was the whole meeting her family thing at some point of course, which should probably happen before he asked her to move in with him. His apartment was larger than hers and also cheaper since he’d lived in it for so long, so his was the more logical choice, but she’d just signed a one-year lease on her new place, so that was one reason to not be in any big hurry right there. In a year’s time, that sounded like a good length of time to have been in a steady relationship together to then take it to that next step. He was looking forward to experiencing all of the ‘next steps’ with Kagome that life had to offer.

So it was with a huge grin on his face that he exited the bar and walked around to the back of the building, taking off his sandals before leaping up onto the roof, out of sight of anyone who might not appreciate such displays of demonic abilities. From there, it was easy to race off towards the radio station, leaping barefoot from rooftop to rooftop with his sandals in his hand. He doubted he would make hanging out with Kagome before work a nightly ritual, but he would definitely visit her again from time to time at least. It had been a surprisingly pleasant experience, not including the impromptu sex, which had been a very pleasant experience. But he had been expecting to hear a bunch of shit whispered about him behind his back the entire night, and he honestly hadn’t. There had been a few comments like ‘oh wow a hanyou’ from the occasional new people who entered, but nothing derogatory. The people who’d shot him nasty looks when he’d first exited the bathroom had left shortly after he’d taken a seat at the bar. He was more optimistic, now, that perhaps he and Kagome could go do things together out in public without having to deal with nonstop prejudice, and he also wouldn’t let the occasional hater dampen the mood. He’d just tell Kagome if someone ever said anything nasty about them behind their backs so she could turn around and glare at them with her glowing ball of reiki in her hand. He chuckled at the thought.

My girlfriend is a miko. My girlfriend. I have a fucking girlfriend. I have a fucking girlfriend.

He snickered, and arriving at work with ten minutes to spare, he was in the best mood he’d been in for a very long time as he did his show. She sent him a couple of texts throughout the night, and then a little past three he said, “And this one goes out to my favorite listener, Kagome,” before playing her Freak Like Me song. She texted him again when she got home, and then called him around five just to tell him she really enjoyed his visit. She really enjoyed his visit. He chuckled again. Letting her go shortly before the morning crew showed up, he smiled when he slipped into his master bedroom window a short while later, imagining her smiling at the feel of his youki coming home. Able to feel her aura, he never in a million years would have thought he’d find the feeling of reiki soothing, but now he did, or at least he found her aura soothing. He’d been able to differentiate between her and Miroku and realized that that meant he’d be able to pick Kagome’s specific aura out of a crowd, and not just her scent. If some other reiki user ever was approaching him, he’d immediately be able to tell it wasn’t her. That was good to know.

Deciding to actually get some sleep – he couldn’t imagine why he was a little more tired than usual, ha! – it was with pleasant thoughts of Kagome that he drifted off into peaceful dreams of a happy future.

~Fin~