InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Still Doll ❯ Going Once, Going Twice ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Still Doll
Chapter One
Going Once, Going Twice



-- please do forgive me if there are errors.
this is a fan fiction I do hope to finish!
If you have spare time, please do support me!;



A doll cannot be happy, laugh, feel pain, become jealous, or even love. A doll is nothing but an empty shell. They were only meant to be as a simple toy for a little girl with nothing to do. That is all for a doll to do. To entertain a little girl.

"And now, Ladies and Gentlemen," a strong voice from a male spoke. "Our final object to sell for tonight."

The auction was now at it's final antique to bid off. Each and every single seat was taken by either a male or female wearing such exquisite gowns listening to the man who had introduced each antique which was to be sold. If it were the cost of one thousand, or even a million, the fragile antique were still to be sold and to be taken home.

"This object, or as you say, antique, has come and go with ups and downs," the man continued to the audience. "This antique is very special, and quite lovely."

"This better not be some sort of scam," a man snorted from the audience. Others had nodded with agreement.

"Ah, but it is not!" The man up on stage had said. "This is something you have not seen before! Maybe you might have heard, but you have not seen," he continued with a large grin.

"Then show us already!" A man in the many seats had retorted.

"Yes! Show us already!" Another had yelled.

"Paitent! My fellow seekers, and may I caution you before you see this antique," the seller had started. "This object is more than beautiful, and more than fascinating." The man had then pointed towards the middle of the stage where curtains had cornered in a form of a box where the mysterious object awaited. "I present to you, The Living Doll, Kagome Higurashi."

Immediately when the man had said the doll's name, the curtains had quickly flung open to the sides revealing the awaited doll. Once when the curtains were finally pushed to the side, the entire room filled with people had gasped with astonishment from what their very eyes had seen.

What exactly did they see?

They saw a girl standing still on stage where she hid behind the curtains. The girl, known as Kagome, had every single person's full attention. Not one of them had left their sight off of her. The doll simply stood still quietly, without any movement at all staring down at the wooden floor. The girl wore a light green knee lengthed gown with a bow placed behind her back. She had soft, pale creamy skin just urging and calling out to be touched and caressed. Her eyes, they had shimmered from the bright hazel color and looked no older than fifteen. Her long, midnight black hair that waved down her perfect slender shoulders was complete without any split ends, her hair silky as if it were just brushed.

This girl, this antique, this doll... is absolutely breath taking stunning.

"Is she real? She looks so much as of she is a mere child!" A woman gasped.

"But she is alive!" The man responded. "She is nothing but a real work of art!"

"Does she talk?" A man in the crowd asked.

"Yes! Just to say it in a much easier way, she is a 'real' girl!" The man continued receiving many gasps. "Now, the auction must go on! Do I hear a thousand?"

A man that once was sitting down just like the many people, quickly rose from his position and shouted, "a thousand!"

"A thousand from the bidder two hundred ten! Do I hear one thousand five hundred?"
"One thousand five hundred!" A man from behind shouted.

"Two thousand!"

"Three thousand!"

How much more would they exactly spend on just a doll? Would they even sell their daughter or son to have her in their possession?

"Ten thousand!" A man continued.

"Twenty thousand!"

"I hear twenty thousand! Will it go any higher?"

"Fifty thousand!" A man shouted.

"Seventy thousand!" Another had posted.

"Seventy thousand I hear!" The man on the stage commented.

"One hundred thous-"

"Truly, when will this madness stop?" A man had chuckled from far behind.

The audience had then looked behind, only to find one of the richest people in town. Did he want to bid for the doll?

"If I say five hundred thousand, will the auction come to an end?" the man with the long black hair continued in his seat.

The salesman had jumped up in surprise with a nod and a wide smile. "Five hundred thousand from the generous Lord Naraku! Going once, going twice!"
Naraku. One of the richest men in town, who is cruel, wealthy, and has anything he wants when he wants it. Although he is cruel, rude, and dishonest, many woman seem to cling onto him. Only for selfish wealthy reasons.

"One million," another had stated very gently.

The audience gasped in shock. Who would spend so much money on a doll? So they turned to where the voice had been heard. Who was this man bidding for one million?

"It-It is Lord Taisho!" A woman gasped quietly.

"The richest man out there!"

Out from the entrance door, there had stood the son of Inu Taisho. Another wealthy man known to the towns people.

Gracefully walking down the aisle with all eyes on him, only the sounds of his foot steps were heard and made. His perfect fitted dark red coat of his well suited him, his long silver hair with the most adorable ears of a dog right at the tip of his head. The ears of a half demon. His bright golden glazed eyes that would capture you into his sight with his perfect peached skin color. The features of a handsome wealthy man.

"I, Inuyasha," he proudly began. "Will gladly bid one million on the lovely Miss Highurashi."

Naraku chuckled besides him where Inuyasha stood. "Now, now, Inuyasha. Do not be foolish and spend all what you have for just a doll."

"I will do what I wish to do, Naraku." Inuyasha stated.

From the audience, Inuyasha had gazed to the stage where the doll was placed. He had stared into her deep beauty. Although from afar, he could easily see Kagome. Her perfect soft pink lips begging to be kissed. He then stared at her hazel eyes and noticed that she had just stared without emotion. She had the look of depression. This had began to make the half demon to urge to hold the poor doll.

"Naraku," Inuyasha began once more. "If you will bid higher than me, I give you my word that I will out bid you. Is that understood?" he questioned without removing his eyes off Kagome.

Naraku sat silently staring to his left where Inuyasha gazed up on stage. No one ever defeats Naraku. Soon, a smile formed on his very lips.



What was he exactly planning?



“You may do so as you wish, Inuyasha,” Naraku responded.



The half demon then quickly poured his face down to eye the black haired man. Was he really going to let him out bid him? Or did he plan for something else?



“It is settled then! One million for the doll to Inuyasha!”



The auction is now closed.