InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected Gift of Destiny ❯ Reality ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~A/N: Before I get started on with this chappie, I would just like to thank angelypoo for reviewing and rating my fic! Also for complimenting my story! ^__^

Anyway, here's chapter 5- "REALITY"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Noon. It was the time Kagome and Sesshoumaru finally arrived to the taiyoukai's fortress. Much to the miko's pleasure while panting heavily beside the inu-youkai.

"*Gasp*. . . *Pant*. . . *Wheezee*!!! Finally! I thought we'll never get here! OooOOoohhh!! I am ssooooo hungggrry!!!" complained Kagome both being tired and hungry from their journey.

She glanced to her so-called comrade if he was feeling the same, only to be greeted by a cold and emotionless stare.

`I guess, he ain't hungry, but I sure am!' Kagome thought as she fled toward the castle.

While Kagome made a mad dash forward, Sesshoumaru stood there, lost in his thoughts.

`Dammn! How do I get this wretched curse off me? I guess I'll go to my library to find some ancient scroll about it later. In the meantime, I'll have to do something about my brother's wench, then get something to eat. Dammn it! Dammn it all! First, I caught her exhaustion, then her...'

Sesshoumaru's train of thoughts were cut short, when he felt as if someone was tugging him. Surely enough, there was the miko still struggling to move forth.

"Human! Why don't you use your head at least once in a while?!? You know we're bonded right? So why don't you wait for me?"

"Well fluffy." Kagome stated, fully implementing the said nickname. At this, Sesshoumaru growled but Kagome still went on.

"If you don't actually realize, I'm very, very, VERY hungry here! After hours of walking throughout the forest, without one single food to eat, a woman like me would be famished you know!"

At a blink of an eye, the demon lord had Kagome pinned on the nearest tree. (Again)

"Woman! Do not test me! Any more of your insolence, and I will be forced to kill you!" threatened the powerful youkai.

"Well now, fluffy-chan! You wouldn't want to do that, now would you? That would only mean suicide. Kill me and you kill yourself!" proclaimed Kagome in a sing-song voice.

Sesshoumaru was now filled with fury, for the human wench was right. He would also end up dead for it. Terribly agitated, he loosened his hold on the miko. But as he started to walk away, the curse again activated, for he couldn't move forward.

`Nani? How can this be? I cannot move on, but the miko is not even five or ten feet away from me! She's just in front! Damn, dammn curse!' Sesshoumaru hollered in his mind.

"Ano. . . Sesshoumaru. . . why don't you move away now. I got your point already." Kagome started.

"I cannot. The curse again got hold of us. I can't proceed."

"Huh?!? Then how would we budge then? I cannot even make a foot forward, especially since you're there in front of my face."

"Well. . . there is one way. . ." Sesshoumaru stated as he smirked inwardly at the thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the meantime, Kagome's friends were now running toward the western lands, intent on getting her back due to the sudden discovery.

*Flashback *

"Inuyasha? What is it?"

"Sesshoumaru. . . Sesshoumaru was here!"

"What do you mean here? Then what about Kagome?!? Wwaahhh!!! He's got her! He's got her!" cried the young kitsune, who was again weeping uncontrollably.

"Shut up kid! We'll get her back! We're not even sure if he hurt her! I don't smell any of Kagome's blood, so shut up!!!"

After that said, the group sped off to find the missing miko.

*End of Flashback *

"Inuyasha, about how many days do you think we'll get there?" asked Sango, the demon hunter.

"Due to the pace we're going, I guess about two and ½ weeks, if there's no interruptions." The hanyou answered.

"Huh?!? Weeks? That long? Why?"

"That bastard's lands are enchanted with a spell. Traveling youkais would only take about a day an ½, while humans and hanyous take much longer time than that. In fact, we're lucky!"

"Lucky?!? Why would that be lucky?!?"

"Feh! Dammn onna! We have two youkais with us, baka! That kid and your stupid cat! Meaning to say, our travel time shortened!" shouted Inuyasha, ending the supposedly-said conversation.

`I just hope, we're not too late. . . Kagome. . . Please be safe. . . Please. . ."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~A/N: Well that's that! I know Kagome kind of look weird in this chapter, especially the first part, but please bear with me. I'm not that great of a writer. Anyway, those who have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm just here and waiting! So, until then! Ja ne! ^__^