InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unicorn and the Spider: Kik/Nar drabbles ❯ Of the Same ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rating: PG
Genre: darkfic/introspective
Warnings: just general Naraku scheming
Notes: Written for the "Jewel" theme at 30shards at Livejournal.
Summary: Naraku compares his likeness to his favorite miko.



Of The Same

He felt it - a new surge of power, a new tendon of flesh, pulsating with burgeoning miasma. He laughed to himself. He didn't even have to take this part of the Shikon jewel away from anybody, and though he was slightly disappointed he didn't murder anyone, he enjoyed how it easy it had been.

And where the piece had come from.

The beats of his old heart picked up, robust and as strong as ever. His new flesh glowed vibrant, and he inhaled his own scent deeply. There was no smell he loved more.

Except -

Her body was different, but in a way, she appeared the same. She felt the same to him - regal and holy, but now tinted with a murmur of darkness that he prided himself on. He caused that lingering malice, and he took credit for the miko's tarnished soul whence she was free from the grave.

Together in death. Together in resurrection.

Excitedly, he purred against her skin.

"See, we aren't so different, are we, Kikyou?" He chuckled in the darkness. She glared at him, but a small smirk appeared on her face.

He trailed a finger down her skin, and then his tongue, and the entrapped miko remained motionless with a mystery swirling in her eyes.

Naraku knew Kikyou was hiding something, and whatever it was, he bet it was as delicious as the taste of her new, tainted flesh.