InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Wandering Miko ❯ Pari's Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Welcome back! Muhahahahahahahaha! Okay. Nuf said.

Chapter 2: Pari's Past

Disclaimer: …

Pari: (Picking flower pedals) He is mine…he isn't mine…he is mine…he isn't mine….

Inuyasha: Face it. I'm not yours!

Pari: I know. I'm just wondering if Sesshomaru could be mine. What do you think Rumiko Takahashi?

Rumiko Takahashi: Keep picking the pedals.

Pari: T_T

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Shippo woke up to Pari looking in from the doorway. He screamed waken everyone up in the process.

"What is it?!" Inuyasha asked jumping up with Tetsusaiga.

"Me," Pari said.

Inuyasha seemed to relax a bit and turned to Shippo.

"Why you little runt…" he said.

The next moment Shippo was holding his head, which was sporting a large bump.

"Kagome, he hit me!" Shippo said.

Kagome sighed.

"Inuyasha?"

"Yeah?"

"Sit."

Long stream of curses followed.

"You have to be the strangest group of people I have ever met," Pari said with a slight smile.

"You seem to be in a lighter mood today," Miroku said.

"I haven't full woken up yet to be emotionless," Pari said.

"I see. So in the early morning you're slightly carefree?" Miroku asked.

"Yes," Pari said.

Miroku grabbed her hands and looked innocently at her.

"Then would you consider baring my child?" Miroku asked.

Sango went to hit him but Pari beat her to it.

"Pervert!" Pari said punching Miroku in the stomach.

She stormed out with her emotionless mask in place.

"Way to kill the mood, monk," Inuyasha said.

"Indeed, Miroku," Sango said giving him a little kick.

Miroku and the others chased after Pari.

"Forgive me," Miroku said, "I'm just like that."

"Of course, you are," Pari said.

"Hey! What's your problem? Why are you like this?" Inuyasha asked.

Pari glanced over her shoulder at him. She turned back around and picked up her bow and arrows. The village elder came up to her.

"I have to leave soon," Pari said to him.

"It cannot be helped, right? But please come with me and at least hear out a few of the villagers, especially the children. They absolutely love you," the elder said.

"Hai, I will," Pari said following him.

The group watched Pari talked to some of the villagers before she bid her farewells.

"Thank you," the elder's wife said.

"You're welcome," Pari said.

Pari turned and headed on the path towards the West. Inuyasha raced after her and the others just followed.

"Hey!" Inuyasha called out.

"What?" Pari asked never stopping.

"You do realize there was a demon here last night?" Inuyasha asked. "Are you sure you killed them all?"

"Yes. I felt it and checked it out. It was merely passing by," Pari said.

"Are you sure?" Inuyasha asked.

"Yes. Do not question me," Pari said.

"Whatever," Inuyasha said falling behind to walk with the others.

Kagome ran up to Pari.

"Hey Pari? Where are you going now?" Kagome asked.

"Where ever the wind takes me," Pari said tilting her head up and sniffing the air like Inuyasha would, "Which leads west today."

"Would you like to join us for a while. Until our paths separate?" Kagome asked.

Pari looked at her briefly. Her eyes played some emotion but Kagome couldn't read it before it left. Pari looked back to Inuyasha.

"Does the half-breed mind?" Pari said.

"Hell yeah!" Inuyasha said.

"Maybe he wouldn't mind so much if you didn't call him half-breed. It's insulting to him," Kagome said giving a I'll-sit-you glare to Inuyasha.

"Fine. Would Inuyasha mind my joining for a while?" Pari said.

"I…" Inuyasha froze in his turn down when Kagome gave him the look again, "Feh, I don't care."

"See?" Kagome said turning to Pari again.

Pari glanced over her shoulder at Inuyasha. Her look said are-you-sure. Inuyasha snorted and looked away. Pari shrugged and turned to face forward again. Inuyasha jumped to the front.

"Why…" Pari started.

"Inuyasha always walks up front. Something we're all use to. Don't worry," Kagome said.

"Alright," Pari said half un-sure.

"Hey Pari?" Kagome started.

"Yeah?" Pari asked.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Well I was wondering where you came from and what happened to your village, if you don't mind my asking?" Kagome said.

Miroku stopped midway in groping Sango and Inuyasha's ears twitched showing he was eves-dropping. Pari's eyes darkened over a bit.

"My…village. There was a…family of demons in the area. The father and older son were looking for the younger daughter. She had run away from them during a game with her elder brother. The mother was waiting just outside the forest. Well some of the village men decided to pick a fight with the mother. She fought back and one man accidentally killed her. The problem was the daughter was headed for her mother and arrived just in time to see her die. The father and son decided to fight with the men, but all the men in the village had showed up by then and they were easily killed. The daughter was young and didn't know how to control herself. She killed all the men, the women, the children, destroying houses and livestock in the process. She disappeared the next day. I was the only one to survive," Pari said.

"How can the demons lose?" Inuyasha asked.

"They truly didn't want to kill the village. I guess they were those few demons that were kind towards humans," Pari said.

"A lot of good that did them," Inuyasha said.

"Indeed," Pari said looking down.

Kagome, Sango, Shippo, Kirara, and Miroku noticed she looked hurt by the death of the demons. `Why?' was all they could think. Pari became silent.

"I'm sorry," Kagome said.

"It's not your fault. My village should've known better. As to where I came from, the village was Pilea, just south of the border to the lands of the Western Lord," Pari said.

"My father's lands…" Inuyasha whispered.

Pari caught it and froze.

"You're the son of the late Demon Lord Inutaisho?" Pari asked.

"Hai, the youngest," Inuyasha said.

"Oh," Pari said.

"Something wrong with that?" Inuyasha asked glancing over his shoulder.

"No. Nothing," Pari said slightly spacing out.

Kagome stopped.

"I sense jewel shards!" she said.

Inuyasha sniffed the air.

"Damn! What does that mangy wolf want now?" Inuyasha said.

Pari froze in pulling out her arrow.

"You know the demon? And he has jewel shards?" Pari asked.

"Yeah. Kagome won't let me take them and he won't give them to us," Inuyasha said.

"I see," Pari said returning her arrow to her quiver.

Shippo jumped to Pari shoulder.

"If you thought Kagome sitting Inuyasha this morning was funny wait until you see what happens when Koga shows up," he whispered.

Pari nodded with a slight smile. Koga jumped up into the air and landed in front of Kagome.

"Yo! Hey Kagome. How's dog breath been treatin' ya?" Koga said walking up to Kagome.

Inuyasha quickly got between them and pushed Kagome back a bit. Koga glared at him.

"What do you want?" Inuyasha asked.

"I smelled Kagome nearby and came to check up on her. No offense…well actually yes, I mean offense, I just don't trust you with my woman!" Koga said.

"Rabid animal!"

"Insolent Puppy!"

"Mangy wolf!"

"Albino runt!"

Sango, Miroku, and Kagome sighed. Shippo was trying to contain his giggles and Pari smiled. She turned to the others.

"Hey," she whispered getting their attention, "Have you ever thought of leaving them for a while to yell it out and have them find you after they've realized you're missing. You could always tell them if they hadn't been fighting the whole time you would still be there."

"Not a bad idea," Miroku said.

They all nodded at each other before getting on Kirara and heading for a small lake Pari saw once. They kept to the ground where Inuyasha could track them. They set up a small place for lunch to be cooked and grinned evilly at each other. Meanwhile, fifteen minutes later…

"You couldn't kill me if I had one hand tied behind my back!" Inuyasha yelled.

"You keep thinking that and people will begin to think you're crazy!" Koga said, "If they don't already!"

"That's it!" Inuyasha said pulling out Tetsusaiga.

Koga grinned evilly.

"You really think Kagome's gonna let you try to hurt me?" Koga said.

"She doesn't care about you!"

Koga looked to Kagome to ask her this but found her missing.

"WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE'S KAGOME?????!!!!!!!!!!!" Koga yelled.

Inuyasha looked and nearly died. Nobody was there except him and Koga.

"KAGOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Are you sure he'll come looking for you if you're cooking this Ra-men thing?" Pari asked watching Kagome cooking.

"Positive. If there's one thing Inuyasha likes about me, it has to be that I bring Ramen. It's his favorite," Kagome said.

"Not that it can make up for you leaving me with wolf-boy!" Inuyasha said bursting though the clearing.

"It was my idea," Pari said, "And I wouldn't have suggested it if you hadn't been fighting in the first place and wasting time."

Inuyasha started yelling at Pari but she seemed not to notice. Eventually Inuyasha gave up and ate his Ramen. Soon they were off again before long all the humans were complaining they needed rest. Except for Pari. Inuyasha agreed since the sun was about to set anyway but his made it out as if the world would end if they didn't continue. Soon the sun was nearing the horizon and Pari stood up.

"Hey, where you going?" Kagome asked.

"I sleep alone at night. I'll be at those trees back there," Pari said pointing backwards with her thumb, "I'll be here in the morning. Most likely waiting for you to get up so Shippo I would refrain from screaming."

Shippo nodded and Pari took her leave. Inuyasha eyed her suspiciously.

"I don't trust her," he said.

"What's not to trust?" Kagome said, "She's made it a point she detests the Shikon Shards, she doesn't want money, and she helps people not kill them. What is there possibly left for you to distrust about her?"

"I don't know. She's hiding something though," Inuyasha said settling on a low branch in a tree.

Night came and soon Inuyasha was up with the scent of a demon. It smelled familiar but before he could get up to follow it, it disappeared. He shrugged and fell back asleep.