InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Wandering Miko ❯ Pari's Past Reveled ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I'm baaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk. Muhahahahahahhahahaha.

Disclaimer: You fill in the blank. ~yawns~ I'm too tired.

Sesshomaru exited the trees and faced down Inuyasha. Pari gasped. To say this demon was beautiful would be an understatement. She knew of only one demon male that possessed such beauty and Inuyasha had just called out his name.

"S-Sesshomaru?" Pari said.

Sesshomaru looked at her and his eyes widened fractionally. Everyone seemed to notice that these two know each other.

"You know him? How?" Kagome asked.

"N-no reason. I tried killing him once and it almost cost me my life. A mistake I don't intend to make again. We should just continue on," Pari said sliding her arrow back into her quiver.

"Can't. This bastard is after my sword and I'm not giving it up. The only way to stop him is to kill him," Inuyasha said getting ready to attack.

"I'm not here for you today little brother," Sesshomaru said.

"Huh?" Inuyasha said nearly falling over.

Pari slapped her forehead. Everyone looked at her.

"Duh," she muttered to herself, "Son of the Lord Inutaisho means the brother of Lord Sesshomaru."

"Indeed," Sesshomaru said.

"Oh bite me! It's not every day I go running into a demon Lord's son or another's brother!" Pari snapped.

"You forget your place," Sesshomaru said.

"Forgive me, my lord. It inexcusable to have treated you as such," Pari said bowing.

Sesshomaru ignored her.

"Lord Sesshomaru," Miroku started, "If you're not here for Inuyasha then why are you here?"

"This, Sesshomaru, does not have to explain his actions to such a low creature such as yourself, monk," Sesshomaru hissed.

Miroku unconsciously took a step back. Pari looked a little frightened as well. She took a step back when Sesshomaru disappeared in a blur. She wound up running into him. Sesshomaru grabbed Pari by the waist.

"You'll come with me," he said.

"What? Why?" Pari asked.

Sesshomaru ignored her as he flipped her over his shoulder and sped off. Inuyasha looked on dumbly.

"Inuyasha! Snap out of it! We have to go save her," Kagome said.

"Feh! Who cares?"

"Sit boy!"

THUD!

"All right!"

Sesshomaru sped off in the direction of his castle.

"You could've asked Sessho-chan," Pari said.

"Woman, you will not address me in such manner again," Sesshomaru snapped.

"You didn't mind when I was younger," Pari whispered.

Sesshomaru ignored the sadness in her voice.

"Miko, I need your healing abilities. I have someone…important to me that I need you to heal. No one else can do it," Sesshomaru said.

"Yes, M'lord."

Sesshomaru ran past a garden that would remind you of the Garden of Eden. Pari looked dully at the flowers as they zoomed by. Sesshomaru didn't bother with the front door as he jumped up onto a balcony. He set Pari down and grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the bed.

"Help her," he said.

Pari looked down at the small girl. She was under several blankets with sweat covering her. Pari felt her hands and forehead. Forehead was hot but her hands were freezing.

"What's her name?" she asked.

"Rin," Sesshomaru answered.

Pari knelt down and placed her hands over the girl's chest hovering inches away. A silver tint began to glow around her hands.

"You know what'll happen, right?" Pari asked.

"Of course. But I don't have to worry about you. You'll pull through like always. It could kill her," Sesshomaru asked.

Pari nodded. The light spread from Pari's hands to all around Rin's body. When the light faded Pari collapsed onto the ground and Rin's eyes fluttered open.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin asked.

"Right here Rin. Go back to sleep and I'll come get you later," Sesshomaru said.

Rin's eyes slowly dropped.

"Jaken," Sesshomaru said.

"Yes M'lord?" Jaken asked coming in.

"Prepare a room. Pari's back," he said.

Jaken bowed and ran off to do his said task. Sesshomaru knelt by Pari and lifted her into his arm. `How many years since I saw you last, my little miko?' he thought. Sesshomaru laid Pari out onto a king size bed and pulled a simple sheet over her. He sat down next to her and removed a stray hair.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Jaken asked.

"You can leave now, Jaken," Sesshomaru said.

Jaken bowed and went to wait out in the hall.

"You'll be fine by nightfall," Sesshomaru whispered to Pari.

She was beginning to sweat but it didn't bother Sesshomaru. `Thank Kami you were in my lands today,' he thought silently. Pari moaned his name and something else. `She's dreaming of me? Probably the olden days', Sesshomaru thought.

~Pari's Dream~

A little girl sat under a tree watching the sunset. She was crying. Sesshomaru walked by her and stopped when he heard her. (A/N This is like 10 years before Kagome comes and frees Inuyasha so Inuyasha is stuck to the tree still) The girl backed up until her back was pressed against the tree. She had green eyes with gold streaks and black hair with two silver streaks. Her hair was only shoulder length. Sesshomaru addressed her.

"Why are you out here, whelp?" he asked.

The girl flinched.

"Well?" he asked.

"I-I have no home, sir," she whispered.

"Then I should just kill you," Sesshomaru said and prepared to strike with his Whip of Light.

The girl curled up into a ball and began to shake. Sesshomaru stopped when he smelt a powerful demon child nearby. Sesshomaru watched the girl begin to glow a silver tint. With it the scent of the demon child grew. Sesshomaru watched her ears come to points, claws grow on her tiny fingers, her hair went silver with golden streaks, and noticed two purple stripes on her wrists. She had her face tucked away from his sight. Sesshomaru knelt down and grasped her chin and turned it so she was facing him. He noticed she had a silver and gold alteration in her eyes and a purple stripe on each cheek. She trembled under his touch. Sesshomaru stood up.

"Tell me, child. Why are you human during the day but demon at night?" Sesshomaru asked.

"M-my family was cursed, sir. By a dark miko," the girl replied.

"What's your name?"

"Pari, sir."

Sesshomaru stood for a moment before turning around and walking away. He looked over his shoulder at Pari.

"Come," he said.

~End Pari's Dream~

Pari's eyes opened and she looked around. She could still feel the illness that plagued the girl Rin in her system. She held her head.

"Wow. Whatever that illness was I don't approve one bit. I hate reliving my past," Pari said to herself.

"Why? When it seems you were dreaming of me?"

Pari jumped and looked towards the door. Sesshomaru leaned against the doorframe smiling slightly at her.

"Well someone's in a better mood. Tell me Lord Sesshomaru how's the girl Rin?" Pari asked.

"Fine. Thank you," he said.

Pari's voice faltered. In all the years she had known him, Sesshomaru never once thanked anyone let alone a cursed human girl like her. Sesshomaru's smile turned to a smirk when he realized her hesitation. He was going to enjoy this.

"What? No `it was my pleasure Lord Sesshomaru'? I thought I raised you with respect towards your superiors," Sesshomaru said with his mask in place.

Pari looked down right confused. `Did I do something wrong?' she thought. Sesshomaru smirked again. Pari's anger flared, `That bastard! He's playing with me! Fine. Two can play that game.'

"Oh! Are you really my superior?" Pari asked.

Sesshomaru's smirk quickly disappeared. Sesshomaru had Pari pinned down very quickly and was growling at her. She was laughing.

"What's so funny wench?" he spat.

"That I can still piss you off, M'lord," she answered, "You always were one to be insulted if you were questioned in your rank."

"Then why do you do it when you know I've killed for less?" Sesshomaru asked.

"One, you won't kill me, at least not yet, because I save the girl Rin. Two you know I never truly mean disrespect, and three I'm just so darn cute," Pari replied batting her eyes.

Sesshomaru couldn't help it. He had to smirk to that one. Anyone else would've been dead right after questioning his rank. But not Pari, no, he could never kill Pari. She was his plague but he endured her. Something he was quickly doing to Rin. If it hadn't been for Pari all those years ago, he would've left Rin for the dead or used the sword to see if it worked and killed her afterwards. Upon remembering Rin's smiling face when she was `treating' his wounds he was reminded of Pari's innocent face whenever something actually caused her to smile. She never was a happy child knowing she had killed her entire village after they killed her family. But sometimes he could coax it out of her. He missed it. Sesshomaru leaned down and kissed Pari's forehead. Her laughter ceased immediately. `He's kissing my forehead?' she thought. Sesshomaru got off of her and turned to leave.

"You…" Pari started.

"Go back to sleep. You're still experiencing the illness you took for Rin," he said and walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

I take it no body likes this story? If so just let me know and I'll delete it. I have at least 20 stories going and not one finished. If it's not liked I'm going to get rid of it so I can focus on the other ones everyone seems to like. So please review.